Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Danny
If Raheem Sterling is worth 50M (he isn't) Witsel is too. That, sadly, is the going rate for really good players these days.

Money has lost all sense of value in football.

Bertolacci here for medical - that one is done and dusted assuming he passes, Bacca has confirmed he "100%" is going to Milan - just needs the fee, and we're in for Monaco's Adbennour at 20M Euros. We've apparently bid it already.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2015, 11:55 AM) *
Think 'mid-age' is a bit harsh for a player who's 26. If that's a reference to Witsel.

No, was not referring to Witsel (though IMHO at 26 he qualifies as "mid age" for a soccer player, at least he is decent quality). What we should be avoiding is the combination of not-so-great + not-that-young, particularly when relatively expensive.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 28 2015, 11:59 PM) *
First of all, let's call him Sinisa or Miha. Sini makes me think at first he's another person. Twice this they I caught myself thinking who's Sini (- with afterthoughts on the Italian PM Fini).

Yes, we should start modest. But in a different way. What would signing Baselli, Bertolacci, Bacca and Maksimović make this modest start different from the one we had last year? It basically the same mistakes again. Going after overpriced Serie A players who are already formed and quite honestly ain't very versatile brings us nowhere.

Look at Bonaventura. He's a good all-rounder but as a individual he's simply not enough for Milan too be actually good. He, like Nocerino, can be a nice addition if you have at least one star player who excels the team.

What do Baselli, Bonaventura, Poli, Bertolacci bring altogether? Not very much I'd say. They're not classic playmakers, they all have limited creative capabilities. And modern day teams who achieve something have this in common: they try to multiply midfield and attacking creativity. Take Borussia Mönchengladbach. Their success is involves at least 3 creative sources who are omnipresent: whether it is Arango, Raffael, Reus, Kruse, Herrmann. Those players can create and will create because they have the needed technique, vision and precision. They know how to play with rhythm.

Now take Milan and you'll fast find that we lack that kind of players. Menez can only perhaps be considered as one possible source of creativity. Bertolacci and Baselli wouldn't add to nothing, they'd confirm all we have in Poli and Bonaventura already bring/have.

Milan has to try and bring either 1) at least one star player like Ibra who can carry a team on his shoulders or 2) young talents who open up options for the future. By bringing the mentioned players we're going into the wrong direction.

Why were we bickering just a few days ago??? This is exactly my point! I agree completely about going in the wrong direction. Sadly that is what we get for trusting the very same man who put us in this situation to turn things around
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 29 2015, 03:05 PM) *
Why were we bickering just a few days ago??? This is exactly my point! I agree completely about going in the wrong direction. Sadly that is what we get for trusting the very same man who put us in this situation to turn things around

FWIW, people in Italy seem to think that Miha is a good coach (at least, those I have spoken to). Before we get too negative, let's see how the transfer season goes, and then let's see what Miha can do with the players he has (I still think last year we could have done much better if we did not have a rookie coach). Not to say that I am optimistic (I am not), but there is not much we can do about it, so we may as well wait and see.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 29 2015, 04:05 PM) *

Because I wanted to give them a proper chance. Now Baselli and Bertolacci seem to be our most probable outcome, while names like Jackson and others fade away.
Fillipo Simone
But one thing I do want to mention in addition of what I've already said.

I think this is the time where football slips in a bit of a crisis. Take the last WC where pretty much no young player other then James made real impact. I'm watching the Copa America now, and I have to say, this is the worst Copa I've ever seen. So many average players, the European players back at their worst, no actual talents or prospects that impressed me. Only and handful of real quality and entertaining matches. Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay all very uninspired, Chile just relying on brute force.

All in all, I dare to say that nowadays it's hard to find real talented players who are willing to do the old fashioned way of shaping a career. They either decided to immediately sign for a big club like Chelsea or Barcelona or go for the pro-youngster teams like Porto, Arsenal, etc. who have a elaborated machinery of developing, tenuring, pumping up and selling prospects.

Milan has found himself, very like some other teams, in the middle of everything. With no so good scouting teams, a average rate of developing own players, limited resources, no CL, Milan is also questionably attractive for talented players. This is probably why we struggle to sing such potentials.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 29 2015, 02:12 PM) *
FWIW, people in Italy seem to think that Miha is a good coach (at least, those I have spoken to). Before we get too negative, let's see how the transfer season goes, and then let's see what Miha can do with the players he has (I still think last year we could have done much better if we did not have a rookie coach). Not to say that I am optimistic (I am not), but there is not much we can do about it, so we may as well wait and see.

I agree, realistically we should have been in the EL places last season, optimistically we could have faught for 3rd and got it considering how inconsistent the other teams were.

However, things are changing this season, clubs are making improvements to their squad, Juve are continuing to pull even further away, and we're still stuck where we were. Nothing has changed for us. All the big hype about big money to spend is just that, hype. We might have a bit more money but that money is going to be wasted on the likes of Bertolacci because Galliani is simply not good enough anymore to handle the transfer market by himself.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 29 2015, 02:28 PM) *
Because I wanted to give them a proper chance. Now Baselli and Bertolacci seem to be our most probable outcome, while names like Jackson and others fade away.

Well at least now you get where I'm coming from with my negativity. At least last season we were getting the average players for minimal fees or nothing at all. Now we're spending 20m to get a Roma bench warmer to make it seem like we made a big signing. Because that's what I feel Galliani is up to with this one. He wants to come out and declare that Bertolacci is our big signing in midfield.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 29 2015, 10:38 AM) *
I agree, realistically we should have been in the EL places last season, optimistically we could have faught for 3rd and got it considering how inconsistent the other teams were.

However, things are changing this season, clubs are making improvements to their squad, Juve are continuing to pull even further away, and we're still stuck where we were. Nothing has changed for us. All the big hype about big money to spend is just that, hype. We might have a bit more money but that money is going to be wasted on the likes of Bertolacci because Galliani is simply not good enough anymore to handle the transfer market by himself.

Well at least now you get where I'm coming from with my negativity. At least last season we were getting the average players for minimal fees or nothing at all. Now we're spending 20m to get a Roma bench warmer to make it seem like we made a big signing. Because that's what I feel Galliani is up to with this one. He wants to come out and declare that Bertolacci is our big signing in midfield.

I'm not so sure Juve is pulling farther away. They lost Pirlo and more importantly Tevez. Yes they have brought in some good players to replace them but it remains to be seen how they will all integrate with the core players there. They are going to have to change the way they play without those two. They could have a slow start this year.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 29 2015, 01:28 PM) *

We lost Jackson who scored around 1 in 4 for Colombia. We got Bacca who scored around 1 in 2 for Colombia.

We lost Jackson who score 67 in 90 for Porto in a moderate league. We got Bacca who's scored 1 in 2 for Sevilla in a far harder league.

This is a cloud with a silver lining.
X-Offender
Jackson is a more all-round striker that can make things happen by himself. Bacca is a poacher. That's the difference.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 29 2015, 03:50 PM) *
Jackson is a more all-round striker that can make things happen by himself. Bacca is a poacher. That's the difference.

Going by the videos, I won't lie, I'm not seeing Bacca look like a pure poacher. He has that to his game, but looking at the stats, 7 assists (as well as his 20 goals) last season. That to me is every inch the provider as he is a finisher.

The videos make him look far more rounded than a pure poacher. The stats back that up.

Funnily enough the videos I've seen of Jackson make HIM look more like a poacher! Which explains why he scored so many for Porto in a team making loads of chances in a moderate league, but few for his country who make fewer chances.

Either player would have been a good signing. I'd just say let's be glad we got one of them. Well, assuming we do.
han2503

Bertolacci deal is official. First real signing of the summer... Don't want to be too down about this and I want to give him a shot, but this is the type of signing we'll be making for the rest of the summer imo.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 29 2015, 07:49 PM) *

Bertolacci deal is official. First real signing of the summer... Don't want to be too down about this and I want to give him a shot, but this is the type of signing we'll be making for the rest of the summer imo.

If we get Bacca and Witsel along with Berto, I'd say it's a pretty good start.

But these are ifs. It's not a signing to set the heather alight, but then, as I keep saying, we won't make any of them this summer. It's about the first rung on the ladder back to where we were, and as long as he's better than Monto (can't be worse, right?) then it's progress.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2015, 09:00 PM) *
If we get Bacca and Witsel along with Berto, I'd say it's a pretty good start.

But these are ifs. It's not a signing to set the heather alight, but then, as I keep saying, we won't make any of them this summer. It's about the first rung on the ladder back to where we were, and as long as he's better than Monto (can't be worse, right?) then it's progress.

Witsel atm is a pipe dream

If we were serious about him we'd have already signed him, or at least agreed a fee with Zenit. They want 40m for him, which imo is fair in today's market, and considering we had no qualms or reservations about throwing 20m at Roma (a direct competitor) for Bertolacci, then the Witsel deal should be easy to close.

However, we've heard nothing concrete about it aside from media speculation. Zenit have said twice now that there has been no official offer for him.

We're hopeful that we'll sign him but I think our midfield targets are Mauri (who we'll sign in July) and maybe Baselli.

Midfield is simply not considered as important as the striking department, which we're of course going to be burning cash on any random striker we can get our hands on.

As for Bertolacci, he's a decent player, nothing really special. He's not the answer to replacing Monto though, he's at best a direct type of AM like Prince or Bona, at worst a box-to-box option. We need creativity in our midfield, especially if we plan on signing strikers who require service like Bacca, or this will be another huge failure on the same proportions as Matri and Torres were. However our management can't seem to grasp the simple concept that a penalty area striker/poacher/target man/prima punta/whatever you want to call the type of strikers we've been linked with like Jackson/Bacca/Adriano, require service. Service that will only come from a competent midfield, which we simply do not have. We have a mish mash of random average players who do not work well together as a functioning core of the team's engine.

Like it or not, Monto is the only creator we have. Witsel is at least a competent and smart footballer, capable of some form of creativity, but not enough to handle that load entirely on his own. That being said, we don't seem all that inclined to seriously go after Witsel or a proper creator, which will spell trouble for us, just like it did last season
Danny
Juve set to hijack Witsel anyway. Mainly because they'll probably be willing to actually spend the money.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 29 2015, 02:54 PM) *
I'm not so sure Juve is pulling farther away. They lost Pirlo and more importantly Tevez. Yes they have brought in some good players to replace them but it remains to be seen how they will all integrate with the core players there. They are going to have to change the way they play without those two. They could have a slow start this year.

They are imo, Pirlo was out injured a lot last season and Marchisio stepped into his position and role without any trouble and performed well there. That's what's so great about having so many dynamic mids, they can all step in and interchange roles as needed without suffering a drop in the quality of the team

Plus Pirlo was never really one of Allegri's favourite players, he's just not the type of player that Allegri likes, he had his hands bound at Juve to use him because Pirlo at Juve was different to what Pirlo was at Milan. With us he could leave him on the bench without anyone saying much, at Juve he was the star imo, bigger than Pogba, Vidal or Tevez. He re-emerged at Juve bigger than he'd ever been even in his prime years with us.

Now that he's gone Allegri will be free of him and of the insistence that Pirlo must play. I don't think he'll be a big loss.

They brought in Dybala instead of Tevez, that kid is special imo and he will do very well for them.

Plus they've strengthened with Khedira who's another great mid. I'm thinking they'll sign another mid (lots of talk about Oscar)

I don't think it will be much trouble for the new players to integrate tbh. The core is still there aside from those 2 players, who will be replaced with quality new ones. I can't see them doing anything other then running away with the league and wrapping it up by late March
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2015, 09:47 PM) *
Juve set to hijack Witsel anyway. Mainly because they'll probably be willing to actually spend the money.

They'll only go in for him if they sell one of their big names in midfield (Pogba or Vidal)

That's why it's hugely important that if we are interested in him we should go in and close the deal for him ASAP, before new developments bring in other clubs into the fold, because that is when we'll have no shot at closing the deal. We simply have nothing better to offer these players.
Fillipo Simone
Btw. where is Pirlo going to?
X-Offender
The US.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 29 2015, 10:42 PM) *
Btw. where is Pirlo going to?

New York, I think
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 29 2015, 08:51 PM) *
They'll only go in for him if they sell one of their big names in midfield (Pogba or Vidal)

That's why it's hugely important that if we are interested in him we should go in and close the deal for him ASAP, before new developments bring in other clubs into the fold, because that is when we'll have no shot at closing the deal. We simply have nothing better to offer these players.

Vidal is off to Arsenal.
Fillipo Simone
Any chance of loaning Pirlo out like City did with Lampard?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2015, 11:34 PM) *
Vidal is off to Arsenal.

Rumors.
Fillipo Simone
Milannews is mentioning Romagnoli (Roma) preferred by Mihajlović, as well as Laporte (Athletic) and Hector Moreno (Espanyol) as our prime defensive options. Tuttosport claims Berlusconi wants especially Hummels.

Link 1

Link 2

Meanwhile Mexes is being riled up for contract extension, while Gabriel stays at Capri for yet another year. Also reports coming in (Mediaset Sport) that Milan could exchange Albertazzi for Baselli.

Link 2
X-Offender
I've decided to refrain from making any comments when it comes to rumors. We're linked with 34538927498 names every fucking day, especially in defense where nobody has a clue who we're gonna get yet they keep spewing bullshit on a constant basis just to sell a few more papers. Hypocrites.
Danny
Have heard Alex was off to Santos but couldn't agree a wage. So he stays.
X-Offender
Muntari has officially been released.

yahoo.gif
nuh
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2015, 02:07 PM) *
Muntari has officially been released.

yahoo.gif

our best move this transfer market
X-Offender
Bonera and Zaccardo next, please.
han2503
Vidal is off to Arsenal.

Just speculation at this point.

Any chance of loaning Pirlo out like City did with Lampard?

You really think he\'d want to come back here? After how things were left between him and the club?

He could have done that with Juve anyway, but chose to leave immediately. I think Pirlo is done playing professional football, he just wants to relax and kick the ball around a couple of MLS players

-----------------

Have you guys ever wanted anything so much that you thought that when you do get it, it will never feel as great as you imagine it would? Well guess what? It so TOTALLY DOES!!!!!!

Muntari out on his @ss: OFFICIAL.

----------------------------

Now, some more great info coming out today.

Mauro Suma (Milan channel director) has said that Bonera will not renew. He has also said that players who the club does not have in its plans and the club cannot sell will most likely be shown the door in similar fashion to Muntari. I can only imagine this list includes guys like Zaccardo, Matri, Nocerino, etc.

Birsa to Chievo is almost done as well

A lot of reports saying that Mexes will renew and this will mean that Rami will be sold (for decent cash as well since both Sevilla and some French clubs want him)

Galliani will meet Atalanta for Baselli tonight

Sky saying that if an Offer is received for Alex he will be sold as well.

Sky also saying that the Mauri deal will be completed within the next few days
Danny
Had to laugh at the mutual consent message we put out over Muntari.

If there's anyone who did NOT represent the club with 'professionalism' it was Muntari. I think the fact the club said that was a subtle dig at the fact he downright disgraced the shirt more than once.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 30 2015, 01:21 PM) *
Mauro Suma (Milan channel director) has said that Bonera will not renew. He has also said that players who the club does not have in its plans and the club cannot sell will most likely be shown the door in similar fashion to Muntari. I can only imagine this list includes guys like Zaccardo, Matri, Nocerino, etc.

Problem is the player has to agree. Zaccardo got his way into legend for supposedly ruining the Armero deal originally, because he refused to go to...forget who it was. He denied this eventually but it highlights that Bonera etc will stay unless they're given a reason to leave.

And usually that involves paying them off - Muntari did NOT leave for free. Mutual consent is a polite way of saying we compensated his contract and paid him off.

But...the player has to consent.
Danny
Birsa to Chievo is almost done as well

Fee?

A lot of reports saying that Mexes will renew and this will mean that Rami will be sold (for decent cash as well since both Sevilla and some French clubs want him)

I heard we're getting about 6-8M for Rami. Thank God - dire defender - worst I've seen at Milan since Onyewu. Good on the ball but horrendous at defending. Most overrated pile of cr*p among fans and the one thing Pippo got right was freezing him out.

Galliani will meet Atalanta for Baselli tonight

We'll get him. That one is a cert and has been for six months.

Sky saying that if an Offer is received for Alex he will be sold as well.

Only if the suitor can agree terms. His wages were too high for Santos.

Sky also saying that the Mauri deal will be completed within the next few days

I don't even know this Mauri.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2015, 02:29 PM) *
Problem is the player has to agree. Zaccardo got his way into legend for supposedly ruining the Armero deal originally, because he refused to go to...forget who it was. He denied this eventually but it highlights that Bonera etc will stay unless they're given a reason to leave.

And usually that involves paying them off - Muntari did NOT leave for free. Mutual consent is a polite way of saying we compensated his contract and paid him off.

But...the player has to consent.

Bonera's contract is finished, he has to renew it to stay and Souma is saying that he will not be offered a renewal.

As for the players, if the contract is forcefully terminated by the club the player can't do much, think of Boateng at Shalke, they literally fired him

I think the players will be given an ultimatum, either you accept the new club we find for you and go there, or we terminate (yes there has to be some form of pay off in these situations) and you find your new club on your own. Which is the way it has to be. These leeches have been riding the gravy train for far too long, it's high time the club puts its foot down and we cut these guys off. Maybe not completely for free, because their is the pay off you mentioned, but at the end of the day it will be cheaper than letting them stay on and paying their wages and taxes in full

Zaccardo ruined the Biabiany deal (who turned out to have heart problems)

I think the loan situations with players like Cerci-Torres will also be resolved this summer

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2015, 02:32 PM) *
Fee?

Not sure, it will be minimal, probably in around 2 to 3m. Milan channel only said it was close to being finalised. Those numbers are from a report I read from sky a few weeks ago. Imo we should pay THEM to take him, but 3m for Birsa is robbery. Take the money and run I say

I heard we're getting about 6-8M for Rami. Thank God - dire defender - worst I've seen at Milan since Onyewu. Good on the ball but horrendous at defending. Most overrated pile of cr*p among fans and the one thing Pippo got right was freezing him out.

I think he a good player, just needs a proper leader next to him, just like Zapata or he'll turn into a serious liability. Remember when these 2 were used next to each other? Oh the horror.

Still I'd hold out for 8 to 10m as there is more than just 1 club interested in him. Try to milk it out a bit. If push came to shove I'd hand him over for 6, but if there is a possibility that we could raise that a bit we should play it smart (which isn't something we're usually keen on doing - Galliani rolleyes.gif)

Imo, all of Zapata, Rami and Paletta should be let go. Add in Bonera leaving and Zaccardo getting offloaded somewhere, and this could be a great opportunity to really make some great changes in that defence.

Mediaset saying Roma want 20m for Ramagnioli. I'd offer them 15m see where it goes. This guy is talented, plus he spent last season with Miha so there is an element of familiarity there.

As for the big signing, I'd try for Laporte, this guy will be huge in a couple of years. Or even Marquinhos at PSG. He's not even considered a starter there, maybe go in with a bid to test the waters. Either way. We need at least 2 signings here. A big one and a more modest and shrewd one that aims for the future. But those 3 I mentioned all need to be let go imo, none are good enough. Maybe as rotation but all we need is 4 CBs. Mexes and Alex are more than good enough to be starters or backups.

We'll get him. That one is a cert and has been for six months.

Agreed, don't know what the point of it will be though. We already have Monto, Poli and Bona who are all of the same level as this guy, plus Bertolacci as well now. I don't get the point of bringing in so many subpar/mid-level mids while not having one of true top class quality. At the least we need that if we want to have a marginally successful season.

Only if the suitor can agree terms. His wages were too high for Santos.

He's earning something like 2.5m here. Santos can't afford that, probably no club in Brazil can. Tbh, I'd keep him and sell the other 3 if we can. Alex is still a good player to have on the team

I don't even know this Mauri.

19 year old, played for Parma before all their troubles and became a free agent by default due to their troubles. I think he's a very talented kid, but at this point right now, he's not going to be adding a lot to our midfield, he's a good addition for the future, but for the now, we still need 1 top quality mid.

Atm we have a midfield (taking into account the 3 new signings that will surely happen) of De Jong, Monto, Poli, Mauri, Bertolacci, Baselli, Bonaventura

Honda and Suso are considered attackers by the club, but they're mids imo, but let's not include them in the list to go with what the club sees them as. That makes it 7 mids, with Mihajlovic wanting 6 (according to Gazzetta)

I can only imagine that this will mean that at least 1 other mid (if not 2) will be sold/let go. This could be Poli imo. Which bring us back to 6. Which is worrying, as this could mean that no one that's really top quality will be coming

At least that looks a lot better than what we had last season. Baselli and Mauri both have the potential to turn into good players, especially Mauri, he's younger and has shown that he has potential.

Bertolacci is a good player, nothing special, but more of an AM imo
X-Offender
Alex is more injured than fit these days, I'd let him go.
X-Offender
Apparently we're offering El Shaarawy to Roma for Romagnoli. /Mediaset
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2015, 02:24 PM) *

He only wants Juve. He doesn't want us because we're not in Europe. Non-starter. Even if Roma accept, he won't.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2015, 02:22 PM) *
Alex is more injured than fit these days, I'd let him go.

Agree with both of you. Great defender but always injured. That said, he was also really badly mismanaged by Pippo, regardless of performance. Given a run who knows what he could be for us.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2015, 03:24 PM) *

Don't think that's even plausible as a rumour.

@ Danny, offer him enough and he'd come imo, he's a young Italian CB. A little money incentive will go a long way with him.

It's not like he's coming from a CL team, he was at Samp last season for crying out loud. Players these days...
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 30 2015, 02:13 PM) *
Bonera's contract is finished, he has to renew it to stay and Souma is saying that he will not be offered a renewal.

As for the players, if the contract is forcefully terminated by the club the player can't do much, think of Boateng at Shalke, they literally fired him

Boateng was reported as sacked - not a mutual consent termination. For it to be mutual the player has to consent. And Boateng got fired for unprofessionalism - AKA not giving a cr*p. He violated his contract, in effect, meaning the club could fire him without having to pay off his deal. Mutual consent is when the player agrees severance - a 'polite' firing, as Walter Smith once put it, which has a nice pay-off sum. Didn't know Bonera was expired, that deals with him at least. But I don't know who else is actually out of contract.

I think the players will be given an ultimatum, either you accept the new club we find for you and go there, or we terminate (yes there has to be some form of pay off in these situations) and you find your new club on your own. Which is the way it has to be. These leeches have been riding the gravy train for far too long, it's high time the club puts its foot down and we cut these guys off. Maybe not completely for free, because their is the pay off you mentioned, but at the end of the day it will be cheaper than letting them stay on and paying their wages and taxes in full

And the club doesn't find a new club for the player, the agent does. The club just tells the player to accept the transfer or sit out their deal. Or come to a severance deal.

Zaccardo ruined the Biabiany deal (who turned out to have heart problems)

Couldn't remember which one it was.

I think the loan situations with players like Cerci-Torres will also be resolved this summer

Cerci was a disaster. But he's not our player. Hopefully we can unload him back to Atleti this summer.

Not sure, it will be minimal, probably in around 2 to 3m. Milan channel only said it was close to being finalised. Those numbers are from a report I read from sky a few weeks ago. Imo we should pay THEM to take him, but 3m for Birsa is robbery. Take the money and run I say

I'd take 500K for him. Terrible player.

I think he a good player, just needs a proper leader next to him, just like Zapata or he'll turn into a serious liability. Remember when these 2 were used next to each other? Oh the horror.

Still I'd hold out for 8 to 10m as there is more than just 1 club interested in him. Try to milk it out a bit. If push came to shove I'd hand him over for 6, but if there is a possibility that we could raise that a bit we should play it smart (which isn't something we're usually keen on doing - Galliani rolleyes.gif)

I'd take the 6 happily. He cost 4. 2M profit is acceptable.

Imo, all of Zapata, Rami and Paletta should be let go. Add in Bonera leaving and Zaccardo getting offloaded somewhere, and this could be a great opportunity to really make some great changes in that defence.

Mediaset saying Roma want 20m for Ramagnioli. I'd offer them 15m see where it goes. This guy is talented, plus he spent last season with Miha so there is an element of familiarity there.

As I say, doesn't want to come to Milan without European football.

Agreed, don't know what the point of it will be though. We already have Monto, Poli and Bona who are all of the same level as this guy, plus Bertolacci as well now. I don't get the point of bringing in so many subpar/mid-level mids while not having one of true top class quality. At the least we need that if we want to have a marginally successful season.

At least Bona, Poli and Berto will try. I'll say Baselli will too. Monto just sits there looking like he's better than all this, while playing like he doesn't care. Biggest fraud at Milan. I'd rather have the other four, given none of them are especially incredible.

And maybe add Witsel ? *fingers crossed*

He's earning something like 2.5m here. Santos can't afford that, probably no club in Brazil can. Tbh, I'd keep him and sell the other 3 if we can. Alex is still a good player to have on the team

But not as a squad member. He's good enough to start - if he rotates he'll be patchy and inconsistent.

19 year old, played for Parma before all their troubles and became a free agent by default due to their troubles. I think he's a very talented kid, but at this point right now, he's not going to be adding a lot to our midfield, he's a good addition for the future, but for the now, we still need 1 top quality mid.

Atm we have a midfield (taking into account the 3 new signings that will surely happen) of De Jong, Monto, Poli, Mauri, Bertolacci, Baselli, Bonaventura

Honda and Suso are considered attackers by the club, but they're mids imo, but let's not include them in the list to go with what the club sees them as. That makes it 7 mids, with Mihajlovic wanting 6 (according to Gazzetta)

I can only imagine that this will mean that at least 1 other mid (if not 2) will be sold/let go. This could be Poli imo. Which bring us back to 6. Which is worrying, as this could mean that no one that's really top quality will be coming

At least that looks a lot better than what we had last season. Baselli and Mauri both have the potential to turn into good players, especially Mauri, he's younger and has shown that he has potential.

Bertolacci is a good player, nothing special, but more of an AM imo

As I say, first rung. We can't get the best, so we have to get what we can. And find ourselves scaling slowly back up. Next season has to be fifth place as the target. If we are solidly in the top five throughout the season we MIGHT just be able to attract some decent quality come January, and if we secure Europa League, next summer we can build further with that carrot.

Keep on taking the baby steps because we're not buying Messi overnight.
X-Offender
Bonera, Mexes, Abbiati and Pazzini are out of contract. Essien was too, and joined Panathinaikos, whereas De Jong got a renewal.
X-Offender
And no, Danny, we can't be aiming for 5th place if we're going to spend +100 million this summer. You don't pay such crazy money just to get an EL placing. It has to be 3rd spot at all cost. Though I'm pretty sure our management will soon be making statements about already winning the league. rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Looks like we've started negotiations with Roma for Romagnoli, according to calciomercato.com. Roma want €30 million for him (SAY WHAT?!), we're willing to offer €18 million. A deal could be struck somewhere in-between. A new meeting is supposed to take place today.
Fillipo Simone
How do you guys value Romagnoli? Apparently Mihajlović is the one pushing for him.
X-Offender
I have no clue about how good he is.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2015, 03:26 PM) *
And no, Danny, we can't be aiming for 5th place if we're going to spend +100 million this summer. You don't pay such crazy money just to get an EL placing. It has to be 3rd spot at all cost. Though I'm pretty sure our management will soon be making statements about already winning the league. rolleyes.gif

I stand by my post. Fifth is the best we can manage. We could throw 500M and not make third. Why? Because great players don't want to come, no matter how much we spend. And spending 20M on decent but not world class players makes our team decent but not world class.

Look at Real - they can attract someone like Kroos for 24M. But we can't. We get a very decent striker like Bacca for 35M but he's never one of the best in the world.

Having the money is half the equation - being able to get the best players is the other. If we could attract the kind of players needed for third place we wouldn't have been f*cked over by guys like Alves, Martinez and Kondogbia.

What I am saying is I understand your logic, but the biggest wallet ever won't instantly give us UCL.

Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 30 2015, 06:21 PM) *
How do you guys value Romagnoli? Apparently Mihajlović is the one pushing for him.

Going by his Wiki, 30M is an astounding amount for them to want. But then, young players are the most expensive. Just look at Iturbe and Sterling.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2015, 03:24 PM) *
Bonera, Mexes, Abbiati and Pazzini are out of contract. Essien was too, and joined Panathinaikos, whereas De Jong got a renewal.

Bonera has been reportedly released. Along with Abbiati, Pazzo, Muntari and Essien.

One outstanding job this window done at the very least of releasing a lot of dead wood.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2015, 07:55 PM) *
I stand by my post. Fifth is the best we can manage. We could throw 500M and not make third. Why? Because great players don't want to come, no matter how much we spend. And spending 20M on decent but not world class players makes our team decent but not world class.

Look at Real - they can attract someone like Kroos for 24M. But we can't. We get a very decent striker like Bacca for 35M but he's never one of the best in the world.

Having the money is half the equation - being able to get the best players is the other. If we could attract the kind of players needed for third place we wouldn't have been f*cked over by guys like Alves, Martinez and Kondogbia.

What I am saying is I understand your logic, but the biggest wallet ever won't instantly give us UCL.

There are two months left before the signing window closes. Let's not jump to conclusions yet. What if we end up signing Hummels, Witsel and Ibra? Then your argument becomes invalid.

And besides, you're saying we're not able to attract big names anymore, and used Jackson and Kondogbia as examples, but are those two big names to begin with? Is Jackson so much bigger than Bacca? What has Kondogbia achieved in his career to be considered a big? Plus he ended up signing for Inter, who are in the exact same waters as we are, i.e. failed season and no European cups. Alves is not a case because Barça ended up agreeing to his terms.

It's true that we're not in the same position we used to be a few years ago in terms of attracting important players, but what has transpired thus far doesn't constitute the basis for saying that we can't sign such players anymore. If we make the right offer, those players will eventually come, because money talks nowadays more than history, appeal and everything else football used to stand for.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2015, 07:57 PM) *
Bonera has been reportedly released. Along with Abbiati, Pazzo, Muntari and Essien.

One outstanding job this window done at the very least of releasing a lot of dead wood.

Where did you read that? I'm pretty sure we're keeping Abbiati for another season, or so I read.
han2503
Like I said, just because their contracts are finished doesn't mean they can't sign a new one with us

I think Abbiati and Mexes will renew.

Danny, I'll get back to you on that one as it's long and I'm in a rush tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.