Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
X-Offender
You guys are acting as if Juve won't replace Vidal at all. They'll sign a trequartista now, with Oscar and Goetze being the most prominent names.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 16 2015, 07:48 PM) *
You guys are acting as if Juve won't replace Vidal at all. They'll sign a trequartista now, with Oscar and Goetze being the most prominent names.

I'm actually betting on lack of team chemistry. smile.gif Some midfield disruption that makes them drop points. I still stand by that if our new coach adjusts, and we get Ibra, we should either win the title or make a very strong case for it, considering our lack of European football and the player investments we have made, and are making.
X-Offender
I think we can dream of the Scudetto only if we sign Ibra, and even that would be a stretch. Currently as we are we're not even Top 3 material. Romagnoli isn't coming so we're probably gonna sign Maksimovic or some other mediocre CB. Chelsea are very close to signing Witsel and Galliani said we're not interested in signing another midfielder. Things are not going very well. We need to spend big if we wanna get back on top, and so far we've spent €58 million on Bacca, Adriano and Bertolacci. If that's not underwhelming, then I don't know what it is.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 16 2015, 04:48 PM) *

I really doubt Bayern will give away Götze. Oscar isn't that good, just like Khedira ain't Pirlo. All in all, Juventus are loosing their stars and patching up the midfield with solid to good players, but nothing special.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 16 2015, 04:04 PM) *
I really doubt Bayern will give away Götze. Oscar isn't that good, just like Khedira ain't Pirlo. All in all, Juventus are loosing their stars and patching up the midfield with solid to good players, but nothing special.

Still much better than us.
Fillipo Simone
No question there. But they've lost that untouchable edge by losing Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal (?)
Danny
This whole forum seems to be hedging its bets on Ibra.

Bit worrying that we're that adamant about a-near 34 year old!

I love him as much as you lot but he isn't the answer for me. I want him, don't get me wrong, but you guys seem to be portraying him as a one-man solution to everything.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2015, 03:24 PM) *
This whole forum seems to be hedging its bets on Ibra.

Bit worrying that we're that adamant about a-near 34 year old!

I love him as much as you lot but he isn't the answer for me. I want him, don't get me wrong, but you guys seem to be portraying him as a one-man solution to everything.

I see him more as a perfect bridge to help us become more competitive now while this new project gets a couple more years to develop. In three years he will be on his way to retirement and hopefully the core around him will be strengthened enough to survive and thrive without him.
Forza Milan!
I believe Ibra still has a couple of good years in him, particularly in Serie A (after that, he is probably off to MLS). He would give us what we are desperately missing (a touch of creativity up front), and IMHO that may be enough to get us in CL range (it is then up to Miha to show us how good he really is). As it stands, we may be a little better than last year, but CL is unlikely and even EL would be a challenge.

FWIW, this has not a bad transfer window so far (particularly compared to the last few years), but somewhat underwhelming given the money we apparently had to spend.

Juve will be interesting to watch. Allegri clearly has done much better than some of us expected, improving on what he got from Conte (which is quite an accomplishment AFAIAC). However, he now has some critical changes in the squad, and it remains to be seen how well he will adjust. My sense is Juve will still be up there, but may no longer "dominate" the league as they have done for the last few years. Question is what competition will they get. Serie A teams have been so inconsistent as of late, that even if Juve is not as good as it has been, they will probably still win the scudetto.

Fillipo Simone
Apparently Roma rejected a 28m offer for Romagnoli from Napoli.

On other news, Liverpool might be interested in Menez.

Source
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 16 2015, 07:48 PM) *
Apparently Roma rejected a 28m offer for Romagnoli from Napoli.

On other news, Liverpool might be interested in Menez.

Source

I would be so excited to see Menez leave for ~20m.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jul 17 2015, 02:58 AM) *

Me too. However, I am not sure how much I would believe these rumors.
acid911
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jul 17 2015, 06:58 AM) *

That would be a coup. wink.gif We got him for free, so the 15m offer is worth considering. Get it up to 18m and there you go. Obviously, Liverpool are a tad loaded with cash right now, so in that case holding them out to a nice 20m is a perfect case scenario here, but I'd be okay with seeing his back for a few millions less.

In their case, at least they will be getting someone somewhat dependable. Unlike a certain chap named Balotelli.
acid911
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 17 2015, 07:56 AM) *
Me too. However, I am not sure how much I would believe these rumors.

At least the Liverpool bit has been all over the place. smile.gif Not sure about whether the Roma news is true, but if we are getting Ibra, then I don't see a place for Ménez in out team for the next season. Thank you for your services lad, seriously consider the offer and make the move.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 17 2015, 03:01 AM) *
At least the Liverpool bit has been all over the place. smile.gif Not sure about whether the Roma news is true, but if we are getting Ibra, then I don't see a place for Ménez in out team for the next season. Thank you for your services lad, seriously consider the offer and make the move.

Selling Menez now that we've also sold SES would leave us without a second striker though. So even if Ibra comes, if he's injured we'll be in a bit of a pickle.

And if for some reason they cannot complete the Ibra deal and we've already sold Menez we'll be in a lot of deep sh!t, never mind the pickle
acid911
True, true, Han, but I trust the management to think this through. smile.gif I mean, I am 100% positive Ibra and Ménez will not work together all that well, considering their history and egos. So unless the Frenchman makes some big sacrifices, not sure his staying here would be a good thing for all parties involved.
Fillipo Simone
Antalyaspor interested in Alex.

Source
William405
He's been linked with several clubs, and has yet to leave. I guess we're waiting to sign an adequate replacement.
Danny
I suppose I should have put up the Menez story yesterday!

Kind of funny how they keep doing this:

They replace a baggage-ridden player like Suarez with another in Balo.

Now they want to replace an ego-tistical selfish idiot in Sterling with another in Menez.

Both from us.

Are they masochists or what?!
Fillipo Simone
Well, who cares.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 17 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Well, who cares.

Us, if it gets us millions. Or had you missed that part? Meh, who cares smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 17 2015, 01:04 PM) *
I suppose I should have put up the Menez story yesterday!

Kind of funny how they keep doing this:

They replace a baggage-ridden player like Suarez with another in Balo.

Now they want to replace an ego-tistical selfish idiot in Sterling with another in Menez.

Both from us.

Are they masochists or what?!

Liverpool are not exactly known for their good decisions in the transfer market.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 17 2015, 01:06 PM) *
Well, who cares.

True, as long as we get our money I couldn't care less on how Liverpool choose to waste it
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 17 2015, 04:31 PM) *
Us, if it gets us millions. Or had you missed that part? Meh, who cares smile.gif

We don't have to care about Liverpool, as long as they want Menez.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 17 2015, 03:14 PM) *
We don't have to care about Liverpool, as long as they want Menez.

F*ck sake, if I want to make a little observation on here about another club being a bunch of idiots, I will!
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 17 2015, 01:53 PM) *
True, as long as we get our money I couldn't care less on how Liverpool choose to waste it

I could! The first part is exclusive of the second!

Liverpool's choice in how to waste it is related to who they waste it on. And in this case we hope they waste it on him.

Bloody hell, it's not rocket science!
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 17 2015, 07:39 PM) *
F*ck sake, if I want to make a little observation on here about another club being a bunch of idiots, I will!

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 17 2015, 07:40 PM) *
I could! The first part is exclusive of the second!

Liverpool's choice in how to waste it is related to who they waste it on. And in this case we hope they waste it on him.

Bloody hell, it's not rocket science!

Whoa now!!! Calm down Danny!

What we were saying is we don't care if it's a bad move from Liverpool's POV. As long as we get good money for Menez, it's good for us, which is what we ultimately care about

They can give us 20m for Zaccardo. I'd still laugh until the cows come home and wouldn't care all that much about how stupid they are.

This is the same team that paid 35m for Carroll...
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 17 2015, 07:17 PM) *
Whoa now!!! Calm down Danny!

What we were saying is we don't care if it's a bad move from Liverpool's POV. As long as we get good money for Menez, it's good for us, which is what we ultimately care about

They can give us 20m for Zaccardo. I'd still laugh until the cows come home and wouldn't care all that much about how stupid they are.

This is the same team that paid 35m for Carroll...

I do feel you've slightly missed the point. Not caring about their idiocy contradicts caring about getting good money from them. It's their idiocy that's causing the good stuff.

This is my point.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 17 2015, 03:58 AM) *
Selling Menez now that we've also sold SES would leave us without a second striker though. So even if Ibra comes, if he's injured we'll be in a bit of a pickle.

And if for some reason they cannot complete the Ibra deal and we've already sold Menez we'll be in a lot of deep sh!t, never mind the pickle

Honestly I'm not too bothered by that. I think I'd rather take the money and play an attacking midfielder in that slot should it be necessary (Honda, Suso, Bonaventura, Bertolacci, or Verdi). Technically we still have Cerci as well if he ever stops playing like crap. Maybe that just demonstrates how little I care for Menez. Watching him last year was beyond frustrating. Probably the most selfish player I've ever seen in a Milan shirt. I have very little faith in his ability to change that attitude and I don't think there is a place for that kind of player on this team.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 17 2015, 09:19 PM) *
I do feel you've slightly missed the point. Not caring about their idiocy contradicts caring about getting good money from them. It's their idiocy that's causing the good stuff.

This is my point.

Looks like the news about Menez may be coming from Italy (link), and is not welcome by Liverpool fans (the online survey has close to 60% against). Have to question if Liverpool really needs someone like him, feels to me like an attacking mid would be a higher priority for them.

But, of course, if they buy him for anywhere close GBP 10.5M I would be very, very happy.
Danny
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 17 2015, 10:01 PM) *
Looks like the news about Menez may be coming from Italy (link), and is not welcome by Liverpool fans (the online survey has close to 60% against). Have to question if Liverpool really needs someone like him, feels to me like an attacking mid would be a higher priority for them.

But, of course, if they buy him for anywhere close GBP 10.5M I would be very, very happy.

If we get even a penny for him it's still profit.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 17 2015, 10:19 PM) *

This is my point.

The point was, I don't care if they're stupid or super smart in their signings, as long as we offload Menez.

Your initial post sounded like you had some feelings about them. I for one couldn't care less, always despised Liverpool as a entity.
rip
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jul 17 2015, 08:37 PM) *
Probably the most selfish player I've ever seen in a Milan shirt. I have very little faith in his ability to change that attitude and I don't think there is a place for that kind of player on this team.

100% agree

Milanello Twitter : Sky reports that Chelsea are interested in signing Romagnoli, and that he could become a part of the deal for Salah.

looks like we are going to lose this defender too.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 18 2015, 12:28 AM) *
The point was, I don't care if they're stupid or super smart in their signings, as long as we offload Menez.

If they were smart, they wouldn't be in for him! How utterly obtuse are you trying to be over this?!

Your initial post sounded like you had some feelings about them. I for one couldn't care less, always despised Liverpool as a entity.

I hate them too, don't worry. But the point is if they were smart, they wouldn't be making a move for a player like him. And not at the quoted price.

So...I hope they ARE masochistic because it will help us.

Capisce? wink.gif
Danny
QUOTE (rip @ Jul 18 2015, 07:28 AM) *
100% agree

Milanello Twitter : Sky reports that Chelsea are interested in signing Romagnoli, and that he could become a part of the deal for Salah.

looks like we are going to lose this defender too.

Our window, which got really good, has turned into 'how to lose great players in 10 easy steps of procrastination'.

PS reports are that Chelsea aren't for him, it's just false news to force our hand on the player. Milanello doesn't believe Chelsea are actually interested at all.
William405
We're not really budging on the un-negotiable 25 million IMO. They can write all the rumors they want.

Hopefully, we're tracking a replacement.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 18 2015, 06:45 PM) *
We're not really budging on the un-negotiable 25 million IMO. They can write all the rumors they want.

Hopefully, we're tracking a replacement.

Troo dat. smile.gif
han2503
Apparently there will be no more transfers for now, Galliani will travel with the team to China so he can listlessly observe us getting pummelled by Real and Inter

Meanwhile Moratta has said that he's in a hurry to complete the Juve squad as he doesn't want to leave it late.

On the other hand our guy is wasting time and we'll once again waste pre-season while making important signings in late August (I'm just assuming about the important signings, we could very likely not sign anyone of note at this rate)
Suhail 3
We should get rid of Matri & Cerci tbh
han2503
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Jul 20 2015, 04:54 PM) *
We should get rid of Matri & Cerci tbh

I can compile a very long list of who we should get rid of. And by the end of it we'll barely have enough players to construct a full team biggrin.gif
Ry4n
Enough of Berlusconi philosophy’
By Football Italia staff

Giovanni Trapattoni says it’s ‘time for change’ at Milan, supports a return of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and warns the club not to overspend on Alessio Romagnoli.

The former Italy boss gave a lengthy interview to La Gazzetta dello Sport, during which he spoke at length about the changes going on at the San Siro outfit.

“At Milan the Berlusconi philosophy has always prevailed, of it being a show – maybe it’s time to change a little,” he said.

“Mihajlovic has character, experience and personality; it’s not that Inzaghi didn’t have these, but straight away he was in a difficult psychological situation.

“And it’s never easy to coach your ex-teammates.

“I don’t fear former flames or thirty-year-olds – remember Boninsegna in my Juve?

“Ibrahimovic is world class with a good head, personality and a unique character but it’s up to the Coach to work with him like I did with so many, like Edmundo.

“They need a defender, but if he costs half of Milan like Romagnoli, then it’s better not to. Better to get a free transfer or an internal solution.”

Wise words...can't afford to over spend!
Danny
PSG want €5.5m in order to sell Ibrahimovic, according to GdS.

Galliani and Raiola have agreed upon the details of Ibra’s contract in case he returns to Milan: €6m + bonuses per year for 3 years. [GdS]
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 23 2015, 07:33 AM) *
PSG want €5.5m in order to sell Ibrahimovic, according to GdS.

Galliani and Raiola have agreed upon the details of Ibra’s contract in case he returns to Milan: €6m + bonuses per year for 3 years. [GdS]

Offer them 5 and call it a day. Zlatan is huge for our renewed project if we aren't going to acquire a great creative mid this window.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jul 23 2015, 05:19 PM) *
Offer them 5 and call it a day. Zlatan is huge for our renewed project if we aren't going to acquire a great creative mid this window.

Zlatan is a professional in training, role-model esque tribute; biggest asset in having him here. Aside from his worldwide status.

5M imho would be a steal, considering you are getting an 'instant' fix, who should prove to be the catalyst behind our success.

But then, what of United? Weren't they recently linked to him? So I'd take their spending power into consideration when expecting to close this deal? I don't know, but I would expect Milan to push through especially after letting go of spazzing and SES.
han2503
^^^^

I don't think there's any truth in the United link tbh.

Can't see Ibra wanting to try his hand at the EPL now in the twilight years of his career.

Plus he's always said that Milan were the club he most enjoyed himself at and the one that he still feels a connection with

This Pedulla guy from Gazzetta seems to be getting all the exclusives from Galliani as he's not talking to Di Marzio apparently. So I'm inclined to believe him, he's also the one who broke the Bacca and Adriano news

Ibra's latest comment of "ask Raiola" when asked about his future also give me optimism.
Danny
This one has gained momentum I have to say. It's looking in place to happen over the next two weeks.
X-Offender
Apparently Romagnoli wants us. I think Roma will eventually cave in because they need the money to finance their mercato.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 23 2015, 11:59 PM) *
Apparently Romagnoli wants us. I think Roma will eventually cave in because they need the money to finance their mercato.

Yes, he's rejected Napoli in favour of us. He wants us categorically, but we're in a quandry - they know we desperately want him, and we know they desperately need the cash.

Usually in these situations the player's wishes get prioritised - Roma can't go on with an unhappy player, so, yes, they probably will cave.

I'm not overly convinced a Mexes/Alex/Zapata - Romagnoli partnership is impressive though. In fact it's far from it.
han2503
Currently we're pinning all our hopes on Zlatan arriving.

If for some reason he doesn't, we could be in for another long season...
Rossoneri7
Yes because we know everything about their plans 96.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 25 2015, 07:23 AM) *
Yes because we know everything about their plans 96.gif

We don't but it doesn't take a genius to figure it out

Raiola and Galliani have everything worked out for Ibra in terms of contract. But it seems the biggest factor here has been taken for granted. Which is PSG and whether they'll be willing to simply let him go. Either for free or a measly 5m as has been stated.

Romagnoli is the other target and most Italian papers and journalists seem to think that he's also a done deal. They're just waiting for Roma to close for either Dzeko or Salah as this has been a horrible mercato for them so they don't want to sell Romagnoli before they can present at least one of those two names to the fans.

Papers also seem to think that there will be another signing in midfield. The Witsel link has gone cold these last few weeks so we don't know who it will be.

But still even if we do sign Romagnoli and the mystery mid, let's call him Mr. X for old times' sake, we still don't have a squad capable of breaking into the top 3. Especially if Miha turns out to be a massive dud.

If Ibra comes, the Miha factor becomes irrelevant as even with bad coaching he'll automatically make us a top 3 side. Maybe even challenge Juve if we make all the 3 signings mentioned above.

But all this hinges on one player, a player who won't be easy to get and if PSG decide they don't want to let him go because they can't bring in a big name, then we can't do anything about it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.