Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 4 2015, 10:54 PM) *
They sold to FE billionaires leaving Moratti as HP and it hasn't improved them at all.

Just think if we sell we have to sever ties to Silvio completely.

But what does the HP role have to do with whether the club improves or not? It's just a title, and a worthless one. In fact, Moratti had to resign because Tohir didn't listen to him anymore. If we sell the majority of the shares to these FE buyers, Berlusconi's influence will become insignificant.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2015, 12:51 AM) *
But what does the HP role have to do with whether the club improves or not? It's just a title, and a worthless one. In fact, Moratti had to resign because Tohir didn't listen to him anymore. If we sell the majority of the shares to these FE buyers, Berlusconi's influence will become insignificant.

A change in management does not necessarily mean a change for the better, it all depends on the quality of the new management. In the case of Inter it looks like they are still struggling. However, we are so bad right now that the chances of us getting even worse feel rather low. So, personally speaking, I am happy to take the chance.
Danny
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Apr 5 2015, 12:19 AM) *
A change in management does not necessarily mean a change for the better, it all depends on the quality of the new management. In the case of Inter it looks like they are still struggling. However, we are so bad right now that the chances of us getting even worse feel rather low. So, personally speaking, I am happy to take the chance.

As am I, I just don't want Silvio even having a say as a mere HP. It's like a non-executive board member. Might not have power, but people will still listen to you.
Fillipo Simone
And that's good. A good firm always keeps opposite ideas close. This is what got us down, why now emulate the same pattern?
Forza Milan!
According to this, Santos wants Robinho, and they may be willing to trade. The name Gabriel Barbosa ('Gabigol') is mentioned (supposedly a promising forward, ~20 years old and part of Brazil's U20 NT). Anyone have any idea if he is any good?
Forza Milan!
According to Tuttosport, we are after Iago Falque, possibly as part of a trade involving Niang. From what I can see, he does not sounds overly impressive. Typical of our recent signings, though.
Linkman
Gabriel is okay. He's prolific scoring goals, and of course, he comes from Santos' youth who is renowned as one of the best in Brazil, if not the best.

He still looks green of course, but so did Neymar and Robinho at his age. Santos has had offers for him for a while now, but are waiting like they did with Ney to get better prices. Except he sort of faded after a really good scoring stint back in... what was it, early 2014? It's possible he just had a good couple of months like SES.

Would I pay for him? Maybe. It's a gamble right now, moving him too young might be disastrous (see Keirrison.) As a Brazilian, I'd like him to turn 20 or so before moving.
Danny
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Apr 24 2015, 04:31 PM) *
According to Tuttosport, we are after Iago Falque, possibly as part of a trade involving Niang. From what I can see, he does not sounds overly impressive. Typical of our recent signings, though.

Falque is ok. He tore us to pieces the other week, which is in all fairness more a reflection of how astoundingly rubbish De Sciglio is than how good Falque is, but nevertheless he's a good player in his own right.

Can't say much more than that. The ambition level we're at is basically Falque.
Forza Milan!
Looks like Saponara is doing very well at Empoli. The article suggests we should try to get him back. I would like to hope we could aim higher, but looking at our team this year it probably was a mistake to let him go ("youth strategy", right).
Forza Milan!
Apparently both Monaco and Liverpool are after Menez. Not sure when his contract expires, but if it was up to me I would sell for decent money. Yes, he has scored lots of goals for us this year, but he is not really a team player, and I would like to think we could do better (assuming we get some money and new management, of course).
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Linkman @ May 4 2015, 06:48 AM) *
Gabriel is okay. He's prolific scoring goals, and of course, he comes from Santos' youth who is renowned as one of the best in Brazil, if not the best.

He still looks green of course, but so did Neymar and Robinho at his age. Santos has had offers for him for a while now, but are waiting like they did with Ney to get better prices. Except he sort of faded after a really good scoring stint back in... what was it, early 2014? It's possible he just had a good couple of months like SES.

Would I pay for him? Maybe. It's a gamble right now, moving him too young might be disastrous (see Keirrison.) As a Brazilian, I'd like him to turn 20 or so before moving.

Apparently, talks are still going on.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, I'd sell Menez for a decent offer. As for Saponara, he was really bad almost every time he played. Don't know what to expect out of him.
Danny
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 7 2015, 01:33 AM) *
Apparently both Monaco and Liverpool are after Menez. Not sure when his contract expires, but if it was up to me I would sell for decent money. Yes, he has scored lots of goals for us this year, but he is not really a team player, and I would like to think we could do better (assuming we get some money and new management, of course).

I'd get rid pronto. He's another Balotelli. He will want the big payday to end his career at a marquee club.

I really can't stand him. I admit in the past I've celebrated like a little girl at some of his great goals, but where's it got us? Nowhere. We wouldn't have been relegated without him.

He can go - I'd like 15M for him please.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 7 2015, 08:17 AM) *
As for Saponara, he was really bad almost every time he played. Don't know what to expect out of him.

Saponara is weak. Another one who cannot play for a big club like Milan. Does better for smaller provincial clubs but ask him to do it at San Siro and there's a mental block.

This is a major reason I believe Di Natale stayed at Udi - talented to say the least but probably always knew he'd be a Gilardino at a bigger club. Gets to be lauded as a legend and loyal, but in reality would have been underwhelming at a Juve, Milan or Inter back in the day.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 7 2015, 08:22 PM) *
I'd get rid pronto. He's another Balotelli. He will want the big payday to end his career at a marquee club.

I really can't stand him. I admit in the past I've celebrated like a little girl at some of his great goals, but where's it got us? Nowhere. We wouldn't have been relegated without him.

He can go - I'd like 15M for him please.

We should try to squeeze a bit more out of him. That's the same amount Roma wanted for Destro

But agreed. Sell ASAP

QUOTE (Danny @ May 7 2015, 08:24 PM) *
Saponara is weak. Another one who cannot play for a big club like Milan. Does better for smaller provincial clubs but ask him to do it at San Siro and there's a mental block.

This is a major reason I believe Di Natale stayed at Udi - talented to say the least but probably always knew he'd be a Gilardino at a bigger club. Gets to be lauded as a legend and loyal, but in reality would have been underwhelming at a Juve, Milan or Inter back in the day.

Agreed about Di Natale as well. I remember we were heavily linked with him after we sold Sheva. I love the guy, but he's no Sheva replacement
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ May 7 2015, 08:24 PM) *

He made the right choice though, gotta give him that.
Danny
This morning the Falcao rumour started again.
X-Offender
Falcao would be great. The guy seems to have lost his way at ManU, which could possibly lower his price even further. At 29, he can still make a difference if he regains his form, which I believe is totally possible.
nuh
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 8 2015, 05:20 PM) *
Falcao would be great. The guy seems to have lost his way at ManU, which could possibly lower his price even further. At 29, he can still make a difference if he regains his form, which I believe is totally possible.

Regarding the the rumours about Ibra...how would you feel if he joined us again?
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 8 2015, 03:20 PM) *

He can't regain his form because he had an ACLI. Players never come back from them. Old Falcao I'd sell my other half for, this one is on the level of Pazzo.
Danny
QUOTE (nuh @ May 8 2015, 06:04 PM) *
Regarding the the rumours about Ibra...how would you feel if he joined us again?

He loves us but he'll be 87 by the time his contract expires.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 8 2015, 07:41 PM) *
He loves us but he'll be 87 by the time his contract expires.

I think nest season is his last with PSG, unless he renews

How old is Ibra now anyway? I would think he'd want one final big pay day before he retires, not come in to do charity work at Milan...
Fillipo Simone
Well, Paris did that for him.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 8 2015, 08:26 PM) *
Well, Paris did that for him.

Well he could still go on to the states and live the high life in Florida/LA/New York and still get paid big money
Forza Milan!
I don't think Ibra will come back unless we change management, and from what I read Berlu is trying to work out a deal that will keep both Galliani and hid daughter in charge, even if he gives away more than 50% (and that's with both Mr. Bee and the Chinese group). Could not find the article where I read this, and I sure hope I am wrong mad.gif .

As for Falcao, I think the only way we get him is if Doyen Sports is included in the deal (I believe they are associated with Mr. Bee). Not sure I would want him, though (not overly impressed of lately).

In any case, we need to fix our midfield first, IMHO (though with Ibra that may not be as critical, he is good at creating his own chances).
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 8 2015, 11:22 PM) *
Well he could still go on to the states and live the high life in Florida/LA/New York and still get paid big money

I don't think it would be his way. It's not in his mentality to do so. But who knows.
Danny
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 8 2015, 08:27 PM) *
I don't think Ibra will come back unless we change management, and from what I read Berlu is trying to work out a deal that will keep both Galliani and hid daughter in charge, even if he gives away more than 50% (and that's with both Mr. Bee and the Chinese group). Could not find the article where I read this, and I sure hope I am wrong mad.gif .

As for Falcao, I think the only way we get him is if Doyen Sports is included in the deal (I believe they are associated with Mr. Bee). Not sure I would want him, though (not overly impressed of lately).

In any case, we need to fix our midfield first, IMHO (though with Ibra that may not be as critical, he is good at creating his own chances).

Word on Ibra is he would be willing to return but not under Silvio. In other words, under new ownership.
Fillipo Simone
Seems far fetched to me.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 8 2015, 10:31 PM) *
Word on Ibra is he would be willing to return but not under Silvio. In other words, under new ownership.

That's what's been the word about other top players re our management, which just shows how Galliani has simply tarnished his own and Milan's reputation with clubs and players alike.
Suhail 3
We need a striker like Falcao or Ibrahimovic, someone who is considered World Class..

Destro, Menez and El Shaarawy aint cutting it for me...

X-Offender
Galliani: ‘Big transfer campaign’

Milan’s joint-CEO Adriano Galliani has promised a ‘big transfer campaign’ this summer, and congratulates Juventus.

The Rossoneri are 11th in Serie A, closer to bottom-of-the-table Parma than to champions Juve.

“There will be a big transfer campaign, absolutely,” Galliani assured, speaking to assembled media at the Football Heroes exhibition.

“When you have the prestige which Milan does, it’s easy to start again. Juventus [who finished seventh twice in a row before winning the Scudetto] are the example of that.

“In 1998 we finished 11th, and in 1999 we won the Scudetto. We have the desire to get back to the top.

“We’re full of desire and good intentions for the next transfer campaign. We’ve suffered badly this year, so hopefully Milan can come back.

“In 10 years we made three Champions League finals - two of which we won - a semi-final and a quarter-final. I hope we can return to those levels.”

While the Diavolo are toiling in the lower half of the table, Juventus are in the Champions League final.

The club was close to completing a deal for Carlos Tevez, while Andrea Pirlo was allowed to leave on a free transfer. Does it hurt to see those players in the final?

“You can’t fix the past, we look forward, we’re looking to the future. I’m happy for the two of them, and I’m happy for Juventus.

“In the European competitions, those who play and win - as we have done more times than any other - bring home important [coefficient] points for all the other Italian clubs.”

Link
Forza Milan!
Words. Empty words, AFAIAC. Let's see what really happens this summer.
X-Offender
According to Tuttosport, we'll have a budget of €80 million to spend on new players this summer.
Fillipo Simone
Does this mean the deal with Mr. Bee will go through?

How do you guys take Galliani's words?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 20 2015, 10:04 AM) *
According to Tuttosport, we'll have a budget of €80 million to spend on new players this summer.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Personally I think before we can even think about signing anyone we have to work our asses off at unloading all the deadweight Galliani brought in over the summer and winter

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 20 2015, 10:21 AM) *
Does this mean the deal with Mr. Bee will go through?

I personally think he's bullshitting us, as usual. Can't wait for the Mr. X saga to start up again.

I'd personally prefer a SMART transfer campaign rather than one where we throw money around at the wrong players, that's something we already do anyway

As for Mr. Bee, last I read, no. Nothing s set in stone yet and Silvio is courting other investors, namely ones from China
CrazyMilanFan
In last 10 years we have not made three UCL finals.. Since last few years i am not hopeful at all about this summer. To be honest, if we want to target to win the league then will 80M be enough?
Fillipo Simone
Smart campaign? Wasn't last summer supposed to be a smart campaign? What this team needs is at least one big player who's able to perform constantly good and step up. Then we can sing the smart Montolivo's and Bonaventura's.

As for dead weight. Who do you have in mind when you say selling/releasing players? Not as many as last season I'd say.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 20 2015, 12:09 PM) *
Smart campaign? Wasn't last summer supposed to be a smart campaign? What this team needs is at least one big player who's able to perform constantly good and step up. Then we can sing the smart Montolivo's and Bonaventura's.

As for dead weight. Who do you have in mind when you say selling/releasing players? Not as many as last season I'd say.

Aren't there new rules by which we absolutely need to reduce our roster? Given our (lack of) success in getting rid of dead weight, we are far more likely to end up with a team mostly built out of players we would rather not have.

Hope I am wrong, but it does not feel like we are making much progress selling the club, if we don't sell the club I don't see where we will get 80M to spend, and even if we had 80M to spend I don't trust Galliani's ability to make the right moves.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 20 2015, 10:21 AM) *

With a pinch of salt, as always, but I think we will spend something this summer. €80 million seems too much, though, unless we plan on funding our transfers in some way.

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 20 2015, 05:15 PM) *
Aren't there new rules by which we absolutely need to reduce our roster?

Yes, we are required to have no more than 25 players in our roster for next season. So, a lot of players will have to leave.
X-Offender
Mediaset says we have an agreement with Genoa for Bertolacci (24, CM). We also have to negotiate with Roma, though, as they hold part of his contract.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 20 2015, 11:09 AM) *

I think the question has to be; who would I keep...

We currently have a 30-man roster(!!)

De Jong and Mexes are probably out, 2 of our best players this season might I add

As for who I'd definitely want out as soon as the season end for me it's a no brainer.

Bocchetti, Bonera and Zaccardo from the defence for sure. Zapata, Rami and Paletta I don't care either way, but none are starting material, just decent back ups

Essien and Muntari are the ultra obvious ones in midfield, Van Ginkel will go back to Chelsea, as for Monto, he's a decent player, and good to have around, but certainly not someone to build round

Cerci needs to be sent back from whence he came, not good enough, far from it. Destro is a decent player, and he's sort of turned my opinion on him as a player a bit, but my first thought about him is correct, he can't be successful here with this sterile team, so unless we plan on bringing in some dynamo mids, we need to send him back. Add to that, Roma want too much for him. Same with Pazzo. Total waste here and it's obvious he's not happy sitting on the bench

So theoretically that's a definite 11 players that should be sent out. But how easy it will be to do so is another thing

I thought it was at the time (smart campaign), but it's obvious that the mish mash of players we brought in was all mostly about who was free (Menez, Alex) or available for a last minute swoop (Bonaventura) or loaned (Destro, Torres, Cerci)

And yes, we do need top quality to be better, but those signings need to be made smartly, it's not just about brining in any big name player. Which is what Galliani and Silvio both think is gloat-worthy. And usually this signing comes in attack. We spend money on strikers in each window while our midfield and defence have been left to deteriorate to the state they're in now

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 20 2015, 05:15 PM) *
Aren't there new rules by which we absolutely need to reduce our roster? Given our (lack of) success in getting rid of dead weight, we are far more likely to end up with a team mostly built out of players we would rather not have.

Hope I am wrong, but it does not feel like we are making much progress selling the club, if we don't sell the club I don't see where we will get 80M to spend, and even if we had 80M to spend I don't trust Galliani's ability to make the right moves.

Agreed
X-Offender
Let's not forget we also have many players out on loan or co-owned (Nocerino, Niang etc.) that we need to resolve. Galliani has a lot of work to do this summer.
Fillipo Simone
At this point, the only thing left to do is hope and be positive.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 21 2015, 10:50 AM) *
Let's not forget we also have many players out on loan or co-owned (Nocerino, Niang etc.) that we need to resolve. Galliani has a lot of work to do this summer.

Trying real hard to refrain from commenting on why we are in this situation. Nightmare scenario is we cannot get rid of these players and that's our roster for next year.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ May 15 2015, 03:56 PM) *
We need a striker like Falcao or Ibrahimovic, someone who is considered World Class..

Falcao is awful. Not to mention £350k a week.

If we're going to pay big money for a top class forward, the one that makes most sense would be Cavani. We know he can do it in Serie A, he's a little unhappy in Paris with having to play out of position and the ££ rumours being thrown around aren't staggeringly high.

We need to build from the back though, I think.
X-Offender
So, lots of rumors about Silvio calling Carlo and offering him the job. Bronzetti apparently met him, but Carlo needs some time to decide.

Obviously, if we're getting Carlo then it means we're willing to spend in the summer campaign.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 22 2015, 08:14 AM) *
Falcao is awful. Not to mention £350k a week.

If we're going to pay big money for a top class forward, the one that makes most sense would be Cavani. We know he can do it in Serie A, he's a little unhappy in Paris with having to play out of position and the ££ rumours being thrown around aren't staggeringly high.

Agreed about building from the back. Also, I don't think a striker like Cavani would make any difference as he's someone who relies on service. and unless our midfield issues are addressed, bringing in strikers is pointless

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2015, 08:46 AM) *
So, lots of rumors about Silvio calling Carlo and offering him the job. Bronzetti apparently met him, but Carlo needs some time to decide.

Obviously, if we're getting Carlo then it means we're willing to spend in the summer campaign.

Media saying he would be given more say in transfers. Personally I'm on the fence about this, comebacks have rarely ever proven successful for us...
X-Offender
All strikers rely on service, unless they're called Ibrahimovic. But Cavani is also good enough to create on his own. He's not your typical poacher.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 22 2015, 01:34 PM) *
Media saying he would be given more say in transfers. Personally I'm on the fence about this, comebacks have rarely ever proven successful for us...

Sorry, I don't think we have the luxury to think in this direction. Also, Capello's second spell ended excellent for both sides, Rocco and Liedholm also had great second spells. So it really isn't a good argument you give there.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 22 2015, 11:14 AM) *

Milan needs a lot of quality if you want it back to challenging, starting from the backline to the front.

We can name names, but we both know a proper core is the main catalyst. Hence I would rather have a fighter like Gattuso over a flashy name like Cavani. A midfielder like Seedorf than a striker like Shevchenko. We need to establish a spine first.

There are a lot of players to choose from, especially given the transfer budget allocated for this summer. And if its Carlo's Milan ... Even better!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.