Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2015, 03:35 PM) *
City won't budge because they've just spent 49M on Sterling.

On no planet is 'above average' Dzeko worth more than 15M.

They're within their rights to hold out for as much as they want.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2015, 03:36 PM) *
Interesting use of the word - not totally applicable as metronomes are predictable - swing left and right in a regimented pattern, never deviating.

But the rest of your description of his style is intriguing.

Well he's a creative mid, not in the Pirlo or Xavi mould imo, more Sneijer or Iniesta.

Meaning he can move the ball forward and be the guy that makes the final pass but can also sit back and dictate the play through his passing game
rip
Galliani: "Witsel? No, our only objective is a central defender."

Milanello twitter.

we might not buy witsel after all..
Fillipo Simone
Who knows.
han2503
Either that's Galliani trying to be clever or it's true,which means we're already in deep sh!t before the season has even started

The squad as is with just another CB added to it is EL quality at best for next season
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (rip @ Jul 14 2015, 08:13 PM) *
Galliani: "Witsel? No, our only objective is a central defender."

Milanello twitter.

we might not buy witsel after all..

so our full focus is basically towards witsel.

acid911
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 15 2015, 12:57 AM) *
so our full focus is basically towards witsel.

biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 14 2015, 02:50 PM) *
They're within their rights to hold out for as much as they want.

Then so are Roma.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2015, 10:35 PM) *
Then so are Roma.

Of-course, it's their player. That's now how negotiation works though. They clearly want money off him. No one will spend what we're spending on him, no ONE.
Danny
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 14 2015, 08:03 PM) *
Of-course, it's their player. That's now how negotiation works though. They clearly want money off him. No one will spend what we're spending on him, no ONE.

Apparently we've changed our minds and may be upping to 30.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2015, 11:57 PM) *

That'd be stupid. huh.gif

acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 15 2015, 03:11 AM) *
That'd be stupid.

Or sublime. tongue.gif
Danny
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 14 2015, 09:11 PM) *
That'd be stupid. huh.gif

Sini reportedly REALLY wants his man.

Seems Roma realise this and are trying to make a killing on him.
Fillipo Simone
Say Danny, are you calling him that way just to irk me or is there any other reason?
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 15 2015, 12:26 AM) *
Say Danny, are you calling him that way just to irk me or is there any other reason?

laugh.gif laugh.gif
William405
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 15 2015, 12:13 AM) *
Or sublime. tongue.gif

Well, we payed 30 million to get Nesta... wink.gif

But, I'm guessing he was already established in Lazio, help out a brother, I was young at the time. ^^
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 15 2015, 12:25 AM) *
Sini reportedly REALLY wants his man.

Seems Roma realise this and are trying to make a killing on him.

You mean Mihajlovic wants him? I know of no Sini. innocent.gif

Yeah, and we're falling it for it. Should've never even raised the price over 20 million. Just pushing it too far. They got us to 25 million..
X-Offender
On the one hand, yes, it'd be stupid. On the other, if we've got the money, then f*ck it.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 15 2015, 03:47 AM) *
But, I'm guessing he was already established in Lazio, help out a brother, I was young at the time.

He was indeed. devil.gif Among the best of his era, hence that price tag. But crazy times we live in now, the first time I heard about this Romagnoli chap was an year or so back. And look what we are about to pay for him. At 30 million, this is twice a gamble as Pato and Shaarawy combined.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 15 2015, 02:09 AM) *
He was indeed. devil.gif Among the best of his era, hence that price tag. But crazy times we live in now, the first time I heard about this Romagnoli chap was an year or so back. And look what we are about to pay for him. At 30 million, this is twice a gamble as Pato and Shaarawy combined.

Is he really that good? 30MM good?
Fillipo Simone
I don't know. I got a feeling for that kind of money we could try and sing Hummels or a bigger name.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 14 2015, 11:57 PM) *
I don't know. I got a feeling for that kind of money we could try and sing Hummels or a bigger name.

Indeed. But I read that Dortmund refused an offer of €35 million for Hummels from some English club some time ago, so maybe they don't want to sell him at all.
Fillipo Simone
Maybe. But €30 million for Romagnoli would be record. Last time we payed that much for a defender, we signed Nesta. And he was a established team player, a captain and a scudetto winner with Lazio.
X-Offender
It just shows you how much prices have increased since then. I mean, City just paid €70 million for frigging Sterling for crying out loud! dry.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 14 2015, 11:43 PM) *
It just shows you how much prices have increased since then. I mean, City just paid €70 million for frigging Sterling for crying out loud! dry.gif

In 15 years prices have risen exponentially.

These days the going rate for a high quality player is 30M.

These are prices I remember having silly fantasies about as a kid in the 80s, imagining a team filled with players worth 50M each.

I cannot believe that's now reality.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 15 2015, 04:48 AM) *
Is he really that good? 30MM good?

Well, the only one who knows that, bro, is our coach. smile.gif Now whether he is delusional or really onto something here, only time will tell. That is if we sign him. He probably knows him inside out from his time at Sampdoria, otherwise, this is an absolutely ridiculous price to pay for a defender of his age. For an unestablished player.

As you said, he does not look like 30m good, but we're only interested in him because Miha is. Let's just hope he is right about this, because really, while we have signed talents under the 20m mark, this one is pushing it. sleep.gif Beside, Roma seem to be keen on taking us for a ride when it comes to the price here, that's for sure.

Considering all the recent happenings, I'd actually be interested in signing him just for the heck of it, to see whether this guy is really 30m good, without having player in a big club until now. It's a gamble like I said, but I'm curious in seeing the end game here. A guy like Galliani would never have bet on this, only Miha is brave enough to do so.

Either brave enough, or stupid enough, I just want to know. biggrin.gif Me curious!
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 15 2015, 06:37 AM) *
These days the going rate for a high quality player is 30M.

That's the keyword, high quality player. wink.gif Which we don't know Romagnoli is, only Miha knows this. And if we do end up making this move at this price, or at whatever price, then it will be as telling of the player, as much as the coach. What we all seem to be aware is that this is a talent, a good left footed defensive talent.

Of which there is a shortage of in the market. Good defenders aren't sold and traded much these days.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2015, 08:35 PM) *
Then so are Roma.

Of course, but it doesn't mean that we should just satisfy whatever price they set on him

That's why it's called a negotiation, and anyone who calls Galliani a master negotiator after this summer needs to take one serious reality check

Paid the clause for Bacca, paid the full 8m Shakhtar were asking for Adriano despite only having a few months left on his contract, paid the full 20m Roma were asking for Bertolacci and is about to pay the 30m Roma have asked for Romagnoli. A player that's not even an established one and has only had one good season in Serie A

When he gave the last offer he should have made it clear that this would be final. And Milan will look elsewhere if it is not accepted.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2015, 09:57 PM) *

Paying 30m for Romagnoli would be stupid. This guy could easily fail big time with us. 20m was already a huge gamble, this is going above and beyond

QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 14 2015, 10:47 PM) *
Well, we payed 30 million to get Nesta... wink.gif

But, I'm guessing he was already established in Lazio, help out a brother, I was young at the time. ^^

Nesta was already an established world class defender and captain of Lazio. That was an astronomical fee by the standards of that time, especially for a defender

30m is also considered a huge fee for a player who's only considered as a talent, even by today's standards is too much

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 14 2015, 11:02 PM) *
On the one hand, yes, it'd be stupid. On the other, if we've got the money, then f*ck it.

I really don't think we have the kind of budget where we can say f@ck it, let's throw 30m at Roma for an unproven players, if it works great, if it doesn't so what.

We still need to sign Witsel who imo is much more important for us than Romagnoli would be as our midfield is still as sh!tty as ever. Our budget is not infinite, and I'm afraid that this obsession with Romagnoli because Miha wants him, will effect the rest of our signing campaign

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 14 2015, 11:57 PM) *

Or add 10m or so and go for Laporte. Now this guy is the real deal. I don't think Dortmund want to sell Hummels.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 15 2015, 12:43 AM) *

EPL prices imo are incomparable with reality. Aside from Barca or Madrid, no one can really match them.

Their TV deal is astronomical, where the bottom team earns as much money as we do and we're the second best paid in the league behind Juve.

Add to that, City are backed by huge funding from their owners and you have situations where spending ridiculous amounts on a player who's basically done nothing of relevance aside from doing well over a season ago, is considered normal
Forza Milan!
Apparently Inter needs to unload a bunch of players
Forza Milan!
And apparently we are about to offer close to 30M (link). Way, way too much, AFAIAC. Alternatives (if that gets turned down) are Stefan Savic (Fiorentina) and Maksimovic (Torino).
Danny
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 15 2015, 02:50 PM) *

Including Shaquiri. I'd take him.

PS I don't know how much of a diss this is at Mihajlovic, but Kondogbia is either saying he simply chose Mancini over him, or that our manager didn't even talk to him.

"The Coach was a big factor in my choice, more than 50 per cent. He told me what I wanted to hear.

“A lot of players have ended up at the wrong club, because they haven’t spoken with the Coach, and haven’t had that bond. I had that, and it played a key role.
X-Offender
Looks like Chelsea might snatch us Witsel.

Link
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 15 2015, 04:20 PM) *

Link

This is what you get when you take too long to close a deal out.

30m for Romagnoli is madness if you ask me.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 15 2015, 03:55 PM) *
Including Shaquiri. I'd take him.

I'd take any of their creative mids in a second

Kovacic or Hernanes would already be a huge step up from the riff raff we've got in midfield
han2503
Gabriel to Napoli official btw.

He's going on loan for a year
han2503
So apparently Vidal is on the verge of joining Bayern, that means Juve are in for Witsel which automatically means we're ot of the running. Another big fail from Galliani this summer
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 15 2015, 03:20 PM) *

Link

You mean they might get him first? Or you mean they might help us get Witsel?
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 15 2015, 10:26 PM) *

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. huh.gif I think it's the former though. ohmy.gif
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 15 2015, 09:56 PM) *
So apparently Vidal is on the verge of joining Bayern, that means Juve are in for Witsel which automatically means we're ot of the running. Another big fail from Galliani this summer

Erm, I don't get why Juve are willing to sell him for a meager 40 million.

Is it worth it the 10 million in profit? That is if they go after Witsel.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 15 2015, 08:26 PM) *

They might get him first.
Ry4n
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1k37OLejEI

I like his analogy laugh.gif
han2503
I don't think it's Juve's choice to sell him. Probably Vidal wants to leave
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 16 2015, 06:11 AM) *
I don't think it's Juve's choice to sell him. Probably Vidal wants to leave

It is.

No one else noticed that Juve are slowly but surely losing all their best players this window?

Tevez, Vidal, Pirlo, Ogbonna et al?

Admittedly they're doing a good job of replacing them, with Khedira, Mandzukic, Dybala and Zaza coming in, but it's curious that after such a successful season, they all suddenly want to leave.

I mean...Pirlo chose New York FFS. Tevez chose Argentina!
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2015, 01:22 PM) *
It is.

No one else noticed that Juve are slowly but surely losing all their best players this window?

Admittedly they're doing a good job of replacing them, with Khedira, Mandzukic, Dybala and Zaza coming in, but it's curious that after such a successful season, they all suddenly want to leave.

Well, Tevez and Pirlo are specific case IMO. Pirlo just got too old, wants to chill out in the U.S. While, Tevez always stated that he wanted to come back soon to Boca. These are two world class players lost..now next Vidal.

Obganna never really proved himself at Juve..meh.

Though, three world class players lost is tough to recover from! This is why we should try and push for title..get Ibra+CB+playmaker. It'll be worth it.

Zaza for me is just not that good, I don't really think he'll cut it at Juve. Dybala is much more impressive, but still these young players..you can't just rely on them!

Mandzukic is a much better goal-scorer than Llorente and Matri, but they lost a world class second striker in Tevez.

Khedira is just another animal than Pirlo, we still have to see how he adjusts etc.. Though, it's a good addition.

In the end, instability is not so good no matter who you bring in. Just check Real Madrid. I think we'll see a much weaker Juve no matter the new names. blink.gif
William405
http://football-italia.net/69275/galliani-...-offer%E2%80%9D

"Our offer for Romagnoli is €25m and it’s non-negotiable"

Should've done it on 20 million. Still good job, Galliani. happy.gif

I'm sure they'll cave in, in the end. cool.gif
kurtsimonw
25m is fair, I don't think Galliani is being unreasonable there.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 16 2015, 05:01 PM) *
In the end, instability is not so good no matter who you bring in. Just check Real Madrid. I think we'll see a much weaker Juve no matter the new names.

Here's hoping. innocent.gif wink.gif
William405
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 16 2015, 02:50 PM) *
Here's hoping. innocent.gif wink.gif

Oh, I'm betting on it. Everyone's impressed with the new signings, not that much for me.

Hopefully we will steal the title from Juve just as they stole it from us 3 years ago. Being too optimistic here. biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Knowing Allegri, this won't be impossible perhaps.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 16 2015, 06:13 PM) *
Oh, I'm betting on it. Everyone's impressed with the new signings, not that much for me.

Agreed. unsure.gif At the very least, Juventus will lack team chemistry that had been built up over the last few seasons, both in the midfield and attack. So as long as some other team wins the title this year, I'd be fine. Had enough of zebras these past four years.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 16 2015, 06:25 PM) *
Knowing Allegri, this won't be impossible perhaps.

With Ibra, it is much more possible. smile.gif Plausible, even, considering the fact that we will drop fewer points against smaller teams, and won't let the big guns take the full 3 points against us in the league. Speaking of which, we only have Serie A to make do with this season, and I do expect a solid title challenge.

Provided we sign a few more quality players, and get Ibra in as a short term instant fix.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2015, 11:22 AM) *
It is.

Ogbonna was hardly world class or a central figure.

Up until Tevez and Pirlo, I was still adamant that Juve had replaced them well and wouldn't feel much of the blow.

Tevez was still hugely important for them last season but I think Dybala will be an instant success and Tevez will quickly become a distant memory.

Pirlo was out for a good amount of matches as well last season and they did well without him anyway. I think Allegri is relieved that he's gone anyway

But add Vidal to that and I don't think they're as untouchable as they were.

We'll see, I still think there's a huge gap between Juve and the rest of the league

If we sign Ibra, Romagnoli and Witsel that gap will become significantly smaller.

However at this point I'm not holding my breath for either one of them. Galliani is simply dragging things for way too long. We could end up losing Witsel to Juve in the end and Ibra is mostly just a wish and hope situation

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 16 2015, 12:35 PM) *
25m is fair, I don't think Galliani is being unreasonable there.

More than fair. Fair would have been 15 to 20m
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.