Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
nuh
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 11:20 AM) *
I hope Galliani has some equally good objective in mind now. Don't wanna end up with Bacca and frigging Bertolacci instead.

you don't think Bacca would be a good addition? He's been fantastic this season from what ive seen
X-Offender
€30 million for a 28 year old who's had just one good season in his career is a bit of madness. At least Jackson has been consistent for three years now.
nuh
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 12:50 PM) *
€30 million for a 28 year old who's had just one good season in his career is a bit of madness. At least Jackson has been consistent for three years now.

I understand what you mean but other than Cavani i think he's our best option, his performances have overall for the past two years have been good and has always performed in Europe
Ry4n
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 02:34 AM) *
Now they're saying Jackson to Atletico is almost a done deal as well.

Un-fucking-believable! We've become a joke. Everyone is laughing at us. I feel so, so embarrassed.

calm down...its a transfer windows yes we need players but have a little faith. No need to get emotional over a transfer window i'm sure we will get the players we need fingers crossed wink.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 21 2015, 04:49 AM) *
The window has yet to open and there are an abundance of options on the market. There could be an unnamed player we are after that has not hit the media yet.

We have lots of time. Even the bee deal is yet to happen (sometime before the market opens).

Exactly this one hundred times! patience no one needs to be ripped off here. The clubs we are trying to buy from are not stupid they know we have a new shareholder with a **** load of money , they want to milk us for everything they can regardless. So there is no need to pay through the nose no reason at all.

Galliani :

“If we save €40m on Kondogbia and €35m on Jackson Martinez, we’ll have another €75m to spend wisely over the rest of the transfer window,” added Galliani.

“Whether that’s a good or a bad thing, only time will tell…”
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 11:40 AM) *
Least of our worries? You do realize that with Destro back to Roma and Pazzini leaving we basically have no strikers, right? What's the point in having a quality midfield if you don't have the capacity to finalize the supply?

We need to make signings in every area, and that includes attack.

Simply put it should be 3rd priority after midfield and defence. We still have players who can play there atm. SES, Menez, Niang, Cerci can all play there.

I'd rather have a top notch midfield and a mediocre attack rather than 1 top notch attacker and a mediocre midfield

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 11:44 AM) *
Mediaset now saying we're interested in Witsel, with Gündogan as the alternative.

Why should they be mutually exclusive? We need both imo
X-Offender
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jun 21 2015, 01:26 PM) *
calm down...its a transfer windows yes we need players but have a little faith. No need to get emotional over a transfer window i'm sure we will get the players we need fingers crossed wink.gif

It's not about missing out on these players, but it's how it happened. The multiple flights, fancy dinners, selfies, Milan Channel statements etc. In the end, it amounted to nothing but a charade, and we ended up looking like donkeys. Il Corriere was saying today how what happened yesterday has severely damaged Milan's image, and they are right. We've become the laughing stock of Europe. So, of course I'm going to get emotional about it.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 21 2015, 01:46 PM) *
Why should they be mutually exclusive? We need both imo

Ideally, yes.

Witsel - De Jong - Gündogan

sleepysmiley03.gif
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 09:57 AM) *
It's not about missing out on these players, but it's how it happened. The multiple flights, fancy dinners, selfies, Milan Channel statements etc. In the end, it amounted to nothing but a charade, and we ended up looking like donkeys. Il Corriere was saying today how what happened yesterday has severely damaged Milan's image, and they are right. We've become the laughing stock of Europe. So, of course I'm going to get emotional about it.

Ideally, yes.

Witsel - De Jong - Gündogan

sleepysmiley03.gif

In my opinion it simply isn't worth getting worked up over. In today's fast moving short attention span media cycle there will be another transfer saga next week with some other team and everyone will forget about this. I'm reserving judgement until I see our roster the day after the window closes.

I would love to get Witsel and Gündogan. Both are a class above anyone currently on the roster in midfield. I may be underestimating their creativity but I think that midfield would still lack a true creative power unless we also brought in a solid treq.
Rossoneri7
Atletico Madrid and Arsenal can push in for Jackson Martinez, but Milan won’t sign until the Porto striker has a medical.

The Rossoneri have to all intents and purposes sealed the deal, as they are prepared to pay the €35m release clause in his contract and agreed personal terms.

However, a week has gone by and still Martinez has not undergone a medical, as Milan must wait for permission from Colombia during the Copa America.

The plan was to send doctors out to their base in Chile to perform the tests there, but still require the all-clear from the Colombian Federation.

This delay has allowed Atletico Madrid – according to papers in both Spain and Portugal – and Arsenal to get back in the race for Martinez.

Milan know they can end that scenario by simply signing the contract and performing the medical later, but the Italian club has no intention of rushing things.

Jackson would become one of their biggest ever transfer signings and do not want to risk spending €35m on a player who has fitness problems.

Milan CEO Adriano Galliani reveals “it was all done” for Geoffrey Kondogbia, but they “cannot accept” the sum Inter paid Monaco.

The transfer had been seemingly secure on Friday evening, only for the midfielder to sign for the Nerazzurri on Saturday afternoon.

“At 1.30 it was all done,” Galliani told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “Monaco had given us the all-clear for the sale at €40m with payment spread over two years, €20m and €20m.

“The agreement with Geoffrey had already been sorted out the night before and was confirmed that same morning by him and his father.

“After we exchanged the documentation, at 1.30pm everyone disappeared. Evidently they changed their minds or the others offered more.”

It is in fact reported that Inter have agreed to pay €40m plus performance-related bonuses, with wages that with add-ons will be close to €5m per season.

“I told (Doyen Sports representative) Nelio Lucas, in certain negotiations you have to act like a father with children. A ‘no’ is more difficult to accept than a ‘yes,’ but we cannot accept these figures.

“At times it requires more courage to get up and walk away from the table than to stay, so let’s go.”

Now Jackson Martinez is also slipping away, as Atletico Madrid are prepared to pay the €35m release clause to Porto without a medical.

“If we save €40m on Kondogbia and €35m on Jackson Martinez, we’ll have another €75m to spend wisely over the rest of the transfer window,” added Galliani.

“Whether that’s a good or a bad thing, only time will tell…”

Both sourced from FI .... Yeah Galliani is the idiot isn't he innocent.gif
han2503
I think it not about getting worked up, but seeing Milan getting humiliated like this simply doesn't sit well

Look at Juve. They just cake walked all over the league and got to the CL final and yet they have closed deals for important players, could sign Jovetic and Oscar as well.

See the difference in ambition?

They want something, they get it done.

Us on the other hand barely made it to a mid-table classification and are dilly-dallying around, went in for 2 players and lost out on both at the last hurdle because we have an incompetent negotiator. Now we're going after impossible targets like Cavani for the attack and incompetent ones like Bertolacci for the midfield.

Sorry guys, we might have a few more dollars lying around but nothing has changed.

It's what I feared before, trusting Galliani to handle things will be the undoing of us this summer
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 21 2015, 03:41 PM) *
Both sourced from FI .... Yeah Galliani is the idiot isn't he innocent.gif

Can't you see that he made a mistake here?

Yes, ultimately it was both players' decisions, but he had the okay from both of them. Once he had that he should have acted immediately and locked them down. 2 weeks for Martinez and nothing official after everything was agreed upon, how is that not his mistake?

At the end of the day we might have dodged a bullet with both, I wasn't too excited about either, but that's not the point of this.

Galliani needs to get with the times or we'll be in for a very rude awakening this summer

We need to go after realistic targets who fit into the coach's plans. Quality mids, a quality CB and a quality striker in that order.

And yet, what are we hearing now? That we're about to go on a goose chase for Cavani who will cost even more than Martinez and is still a striker who needs service to produce good scoring numbers. And Bertolacci, an average Italian midfielder, not like we're not filled to the brim with those...

I seriously do still hope that I'm wrong, that I will be swallowing lemons by September and that Galliani pulls something out of his sleeve that will surprise us and make us all happy, but I can't see that happening atm, having money is not enough.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 21 2015, 04:47 PM) *
I think it not about getting worked up, but seeing Milan getting humiliated like this simply doesn't sit well

Look at Juve. They just cake walked all over the league and got to the CL final and yet they have closed deals for important players, could sign Jovetic and Oscar as well.

See the difference in ambition?

They want something, they get it done.

Us on the other hand barely made it to a mid-table classification and are dilly-dallying around, went in for 2 players and lost out on both at the last hurdle because we have an incompetent negotiator. Now we're going after impossible targets like Cavani for the attack and incompetent ones like Bertolacci for the midfield.

Sorry guys, we might have a few more dollars lying around but nothing has changed.

It's what I feared before, trusting Galliani to handle things will be the undoing of us this summer

I agree Juve is showing us how it's done, not sure about Inter, though. FWIW, if it was up to me I would have not paid what they did for Kondogbia, and I am not sure I would sign a player without a medical either. So, despite my general unhappiness with Galliani (and the negative press we are getting), I am not sure he did the wrong thing this time around. What matters is where we go from here.

I agree we need quality mids and D's before we worry about strikers.

In general, I share the frustration and I am not overly optimistic based on what has transpired so far, but will (try to) be patient (for now).
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 21 2015, 04:04 PM) *
I agree Juve is showing us how it's done, not sure about Inter, though. FWIW, if it was up to me I would have not paid what they did for Kondogbia, and I am not sure I would sign a player without a medical either. So, despite my general unhappiness with Galliani (and the negative press we are getting), I am not sure he did the wrong thing this time around. What matters is where we go from here.

I agree we need quality mids and D's before we worry about strikers.

In general, I share the frustration and I am not overly optimistic based on what has transpired so far, but will (try to) be patient (for now).

Juve have spent what? 90m? It's the 21st of June and they've pretty much already done all the business that needed to be done aside from maybe 1 CB. And this while basically already having next years league in their pocket

That's how things are done by a professional club who is ambitious and serious about its future.

Galliani simply goes where the tides take him and this has been very obvious for years now

A Medical is a formality in most cases, sure on rare occasions there's something wrong with the player but these are very rare occasions, like for example finding something wrong with a player's teeth rolleyes.gif

Like I said in my other post, we could have dodged 2 huge bullets with these deals falling through. Martinez is 29 years old and buying him for 35m when he's never played in a top league was worrying, I wasn't all that excited about it. Kondogbia might be a huge talent, but not at what Inter will end up paying for his services which will go up to nearly a 100m by the time his contract is up. That's simply ridiculous and not worth it. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a creator.

But the failure in these deals is not about just losing out on the players. It's what they signify about Galliani's inadequacy in today's footballing climate. Had we signed those players for 75m it would have been a huge statement, and signing other top player would also have been easier as they would have believed in the Milan project, a project that is ambitious and aiming for instant success.

Reports saying that Inter will most likely have to sacrifice 3 of their midfielders with this Kondogbia deal. I'd go in and take Kovacic and Hernanes or Guarin off their hands and that would be for less than what they paid for Kondogbia. Now that would be smart and shrewd on Galliani's part and would make me believe that the wily fox that got Pirlo and Seedorf still exists in there
Ry4n
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 05:57 PM) *

I'm sure this is not the first time nor the last time a huge club has missed out on certain players. It happens look at how we played Man City with Kaka' way back when...
just look at what happened at United a couple of seasons ago with Moyes and the kid from spain...that debacle.
You can do what you like man get emotional , scream at the tv/computer screen as loud as you want but in the end its Galliani and co that will either bring home the goods or not , before a ball has even been kicked. I sincerely hope we get the right players for what the team needs , plug the gaps and go from there.

Ladies and Gents to remind you all we have 52 days left of the transfer window so either hold on tight (if that's your thing) or live your life and don't worry about it. I will be doing the latter on a sandy beach somewhere waiting and keeping my fingers crossed.

Forza Milan

ciao!
X-Offender
He will bring home the goods in the end, after all he's got the money saved from the failed transfers. But like I said, that's not the point. It's being played like fools which really hurts, especially when Inter are involved as well.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 21 2015, 11:52 AM) *
Can't you see that he made a mistake here?

Yes, ultimately it was both players' decisions, but he had the okay from both of them. Once he had that he should have acted immediately and locked them down. 2 weeks for Martinez and nothing official after everything was agreed upon, how is that not his mistake?

At the end of the day we might have dodged a bullet with both, I wasn't too excited about either, but that's not the point of this.

Galliani needs to get with the times or we'll be in for a very rude awakening this summer

We need to go after realistic targets who fit into the coach's plans. Quality mids, a quality CB and a quality striker in that order.

And yet, what are we hearing now? That we're about to go on a goose chase for Cavani who will cost even more than Martinez and is still a striker who needs service to produce good scoring numbers. And Bertolacci, an average Italian midfielder, not like we're not filled to the brim with those...

I seriously do still hope that I'm wrong, that I will be swallowing lemons by September and that Galliani pulls something out of his sleeve that will surprise us and make us all happy, but I can't see that happening atm, having money is not enough.

Would you have rather Martinez was signed without undergoing a medical? I imagine Columbia doesn't want any potential distractions while the Copa is underway. Totally understandable for a team that has aspirations of winning the thing or at least proving they belong with Brazil and Argentina. It is of course in Martinez's interest to continue shopping around while pen hasn't been put to paper.

The Kondogbia thing is a bit more on Galliani but when insane money is being thrown around by Inter there isn't much he can do. They are in a pretty much identical situation to us right now and even in the same city. Why wouldn't a player take the substantially bigger payday if it's offered to him? yes, Mancini's influence could be a partial factor but in my opinion money talks and Inter was doing more talking.

As to why we are always chasing strikers early in the window, I think it comes down to the fact that everyone else is chasing strikers then. If you don't act on them early they will all be gone by the time you get around to it. A great center back isn't as flashy a buy and they don't get the same media coverage/rumors.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 21 2015, 12:13 PM) *
Juve have spent what? 90m? It's the 21st of June and they've pretty much already done all the business that needed to be done aside from maybe 1 CB. And this while basically already having next years league in their pocket

That's how things are done by a professional club who is ambitious and serious about its future.

Galliani simply goes where the tides take him and this has been very obvious for years now

A Medical is a formality in most cases, sure on rare occasions there's something wrong with the player but these are very rare occasions, like for example finding something wrong with a player's teeth rolleyes.gif

Like I said in my other post, we could have dodged 2 huge bullets with these deals falling through. Martinez is 29 years old and buying him for 35m when he's never played in a top league was worrying, I wasn't all that excited about it. Kondogbia might be a huge talent, but not at what Inter will end up paying for his services which will go up to nearly a 100m by the time his contract is up. That's simply ridiculous and not worth it. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a creator.

But the failure in these deals is not about just losing out on the players. It's what they signify about Galliani's inadequacy in today's footballing climate. Had we signed those players for 75m it would have been a huge statement, and signing other top player would also have been easier as they would have believed in the Milan project, a project that is ambitious and aiming for instant success.

Reports saying that Inter will most likely have to sacrifice 3 of their midfielders with this Kondogbia deal. I'd go in and take Kovacic and Hernanes or Guarin off their hands and that would be for less than what they paid for Kondogbia. Now that would be smart and shrewd on Galliani's part and would make me believe that the wily fox that got Pirlo and Seedorf still exists in there

To put it quite simply, we aren't in Juve's league right now. That is a team that just went to the Champions League Final and has dominated Serie A for the past four years. Players call that team to try and come, they don't have to fight to convince them of a project. We need Galliani to be shrewd, convincing, and throw good money at great players. It's not an easy job.

I would be ok with adding any of those three at the right price.
X-Offender
Milan Channel have confirmed that Jackson will go to Atletico.

milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 12:57 PM) *
Milan Channel have confirmed that Jackson will go to Atletico.

Is that picture your way of saying we look like asses?
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 21 2015, 05:05 PM) *
Is that picture your way of saying we look like asses?

Yep. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
We're going to offer €15 million + bonuses for Bertolacci.

Link

Has anyone seen this guy play? Is he any good?
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 07:10 PM) *

Link

It seems he is not bad at all. Scored a great goal against us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw8Ykz2aEeA

milanbuf88
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 21 2015, 01:51 PM) *
It seems he is not bad at all. Scored a great goal against us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw8Ykz2aEeA

He looked promising the game against us at the end of the season. The impression I got was that he looked like a more skilled and more centrally oriented Bonaventura. He'd be useful but not a game changer.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 21 2015, 08:02 PM) *
He looked promising the game against us at the end of the season. The impression I got was that he looked like a more skilled and more centrally oriented Bonaventura. He'd be useful but not a game changer.

I wouldnt mind a midfield consisting of De Jong, Bertolacci and Gundogan.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 21 2015, 02:09 PM) *
I wouldnt mind a midfield consisting of De Jong, Bertolacci and Gundogan.

That would certainly be better than what we saw most of last year. Bonaventura could sub in for Bertolacci or Gundogan in a flat three midfield.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 05:10 PM) *

Link

Nothing but an average Italian midfielder, he's Bonaventura, Monto level. Was bad with Italy against Portugal as well. 15m for a bench quality player is not worth it. We already have Poli and Monto for that imo
han2503
Watching Italy last week shows the true lack of talent Italy have in the upcoming generation. Verratti is the only one that stands out. Soriano and Bertolacci are the ones that are being rated highly yet neither is particularly impressive and were bad for Italy against Portugal.

If we want success, Italy is not the place to go looking for talent. Which is what makes the ItalMilan statements from Berlu even more ridiculous
X-Offender
Well, looks like he's a 100% Roma player now, who paid €16 million for his other half and Iago Falque, so I guess we won't be getting him.

Who would you guys want for in midfield? Personally, if we're going for 4-3-3, then two CMs (Witsel and Gündogan) are a must. Otherwise, if we're going for 4-3-1-2, then I'd get one of those two and Isco as trequartista.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2015, 07:38 PM) *
Well, looks like he's a 100% Roma player now, who paid €16 million for his other half and Iago Falque, so I guess we won't be getting him.

Who would you guys want for in midfield? Personally, if we're going for 4-3-3, then two CMs (Witsel and Gündogan) are a must. Otherwise, if we're going for 4-3-1-2, then I'd get one of those two and Isco as trequartista.

Let's face it, aside from De Jong the entire midfield needs an overhaul.

We're going for 4-3-1-2, that's almost a 100% certainty.

Gudogan and Witsel would be huge. There are other options though, like I said above, Inter could be looking to offload some mids with Kondogbia earning so much not to mention the transfer fee and their FFP problems.

Kovacic, Hernanes and Guarin are all good options imo.

Turan has been mentioned a lot but I can't see him wanting to come, neither Isco tbh. Even though he's not a sure starter at Real, he still gets a lot of minutes for them, but yeah, he'd be a great addition for the AM role, but I'd personally rather go for Ibra rather than get an AM.
Ry4n
What i would give to have Darmian back at Milan sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jun 21 2015, 08:38 PM) *
What i would give to have Darmian back at Milan sad.gif

We have Abate, DS and Antonelli, can't see him being a priority anytime soon and imo, with all the other issues we have in the squad, he shouldn't be
maldini03
I would be much more interested to have Palo back, he would be perfect as a second striker if we are to lose Pazzini.
Rossoneri7
Way I see it, inter spend what $$ they have. They are not exactly going to go into another 45 million deal anytime soon.

Knowning Berlusconi, the elections and the boost that he will no longer be burdened by Milan alone, he will go for a BIG name. As he did for the dutch trio, Shevchenko and the likes. Would it be bold of me to state that there could be a super star of a player coming in? why not?

You never know how things could change, or did you forget Galliani keeps his cards close to his chest, always has always will.

Milan is still finalizing formalities for a sale 'to happen'. There is a lot of time, Milan does not have to act hastily. At least let the window open first. I'm hoping Milan bring in a proven champion to spearhead the attack.

Don't really mind which names they bring for the rest of the team, just that he does exceptionally well in comparison to the likes of montolivo and the likes.
han2503
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jun 21 2015, 11:38 PM) *
I would be much more interested to have Palo back, he would be perfect as a second striker if we are to lose Pazzini.

Paloschi?

He's a poacher not a second striker, and I really do hope that we're aiming a lot more higher than that
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 22 2015, 01:00 AM) *
We have Abate, DS and Antonelli, can't see him being a priority anytime soon and imo, with all the other issues we have in the squad, he shouldn't be

Still would love to see him back , hes been linked with Juventus too sad.gif
X-Offender
Apparently Galliani has said that we'll sign one big name in midfield and one big name in attack. That's it? We need 4-5 top quality signings to have CL ambitions next season, not just 1-2.

And these Cavani rumors are just BS when you think about it. PSG paid €65 million for him and he earns €14 million per season. We can never match that.

We shouldn't go for these flashy names, they're out of our reach. We should go after really good and available players, like Jackson and Kondogbia were. But we fucked that up, so let's look elsewhere.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2015, 10:44 AM) *
Apparently Galliani has said that we'll sign one big name in midfield and one big name in attack. That's it? We need 4-5 top quality signings to have CL ambitions next season, not just 1-2.

And these Cavani rumors are just BS when you think about it. PSG paid €65 million for him and he earns €14 million per season. We can never match that.

We shouldn't go for these flashy names, they're out of our reach. We should go after really good and available players, like Jackson and Kondogbia were. But we fucked that up, so let's look elsewhere.

Agreed, this Cavani thing would be nothing but a wild goose chase that would lead us to nowhere

However, Rai are saying that we're still very much interested in Ibra and that PSG have told Cavani that he'll be playing the CF position next season. I think the talk about PSG wanting a big signing to be confirmed before letting go of Ibra is correct.

Imbula being mentioned again. Well, I personally think Kondogbia is the better player, however, having watched vids of both, Imbula seems more of an attacking player than Kondogbia. Kondogbia imo is more of a defensively inclined mid, now whether he's a DM or box-to-box isn't really the issue, just watching the vids of both you can see that one excels in the attacking department while the other in the defensive department.

And with De Jong staying I think it's more important for us to have someone who will give a more attacking push in midfield, the type of player who will make powerful runs from midfield, and Imbula looks like he'd be that type of player

Plus he's half the price Kondogbia went for plus half the wages.

If we do go for him that would only leave us needing one purely creative mid. Hopefully that's the plan if we go for either Witsel or Imbula, because neither of them are creators even though they do have attacking qualities
nuh
what do guys think about Allan?
han2503
QUOTE (nuh @ Jun 22 2015, 11:34 AM) *
what do guys think about Allan?

Good, better than Bertolacci imo, but still, these are all players who should be mutually exclusive. Allan, Witsel and Imbula are all guys who I'd regard as the box-to-box guy, they're all good on both sides of the ball. Obviously they all vary in terms of quality, Witsel being the best of the bunch.

Either one of them would be good, the big signing needs to come in the form of a creative mid imo
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 22 2015, 11:41 AM) *
Either one of them would be good, the big signing needs to come in the form of a creative mid imo

Like who?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2015, 11:47 AM) *
Like who?

Gundogan or Kovacic are both realistic targets. Obviously there are more unrealistic ones like Alcantara or Verratti, but if we have 70m to blow I'd use most of that on the creative mid
X-Offender
Can't we just offer €20 million to Dortmund and €30 million to Zenit for Gündogan and Witsel and call it a day already? I agree that we need creativity more than anything else in midfield, yet we keep being linked with the various Kondogbia, Imbula, Bertloacci and now even Nainggolan. Has our management completely lost the concept of what a playmaker is?
nuh
are the turan stories true at all?
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ Jun 22 2015, 01:18 PM) *
are the turan stories true at all?

Doubt it.
Lumeci

Milan win Witsel race

Chelsea appear to have lost out on Axel Witsel, with the Zenit midfielder on the verge of joining AC Milan. Manchester United were also interested in the Belgian, who is set for a £21 million move to San Siro.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Lumeci @ Jun 22 2015, 01:47 PM) *
Milan win Witsel race

Chelsea appear to have lost out on Axel Witsel, with the Zenit midfielder on the verge of joining AC Milan. Manchester United were also interested in the Belgian, who is set for a £21 million move to San Siro.

Says who?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2015, 01:10 PM) *
Can't we just offer €20 million to Dortmund and €30 million to Zenit for Gündogan and Witsel and call it a day already? I agree that we need creativity more than anything else in midfield, yet we keep being linked with the various Kondogbia, Imbula, Bertloacci and now even Nainggolan. Has our management completely lost the concept of what a playmaker is?

Looks like it

It's just baffling really. Our most recent peak of success was achieved while basically having 3 number 10s in midfield, just ridiculous that now it seems like the concept just goes over Galliani's head.

Nianggolan is also a very good option, but once again, he falls under the same category as Witsel, Imbula and Allan, and we need only one of them.
X-Offender
Being linked with Monaco's Abdennour for defense (his agent confirmed our interest). I don't know him, but apparently he had a great season, and he's not that expensive. Quite young, too. Might be OK.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2015, 11:54 AM) *
Being linked with Monaco's Abdennour for defense (his agent confirmed our interest). I don't know him, but apparently he had a great season, and he's not that expensive. Quite young, too. Might be OK.

I don't know anything about him but Monaco had one of the best defenses in the Champions League last year so he could be good if he was an integral part of that.
X-Offender
Agent: 'Milan can't afford Cavani'

Sounds about right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.