Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
littlechris
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2015, 08:20 PM) *

Cavani shouldn't be a priority but IBRA. Then one of Isco and Felipe Anderson to give the creative spark in midfield since De Jong is reportedly going to stay.
And getting Mats Hummels or Sergio Ramos will give us a near perfect mercato.
All these signings I believe can be made with all seriousness and the available €75M and the cash from inevitable sale of some players. Its not too late now but time is running out.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (littlechris @ Jun 22 2015, 03:54 PM) *
Cavani shouldn't be a priority but IBRA. Then one of Isco and Felipe Anderson to give the creative spark in midfield since De Jong is reportedly going to stay.
And getting Mats Hummels or Sergio Ramos will give us a near perfect mercato.
All these signings I believe can be made with all seriousness and the available €75M and the cash from inevitable sale of some players. Its not too late now but time is running out.

How is time running out? It isn't even July yet.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 22 2015, 08:17 PM) *
How is time running out? It isn't even July yet.

I think it's critical that the majority of our signings are made before we start training again or at least before the rest of the squad leaves for the summer friendly tours.

Every season we start with a disadvantage when we make all our crucial signings when the league has already started

That means the new players miss out on training with the rest of the squad playing friendlies, integrating and acclimatising to their new environment. It's why we start every season slowly.

Teams who actually have money and a plan sign all their important players as early as possible so that they're with the rest of the squad throughout summer preparations
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 22 2015, 04:39 PM) *
I think it's critical that the majority of our signings are made before we start training again or at least before the rest of the squad leaves for the summer friendly tours.

Every season we start with a disadvantage when we make all our crucial signings when the league has already started

That means the new players miss out on training with the rest of the squad playing friendlies, integrating and acclimatising to their new environment. It's why we start every season slowly.

Teams who actually have money and a plan sign all their important players as early as possible so that they're with the rest of the squad throughout summer preparations

Fair enough. What date do we start training again?
d'Arc.LP
Since when we dont have 150m for transfers ? Whats with 75m ?
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 22 2015, 09:48 PM) *
Since when we dont have 150m for transfers ? Whats with 75m ?

€75 million is the money saved from the failed transfers of Jackson and Kondogbia. €150 million was just media speculation, we don't know for sure how much we can spend. As a matter of fact, the Mr. Bee deal will be finalized only at the end of July, so right now we're being financed solely by Fininvest.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 22 2015, 09:15 PM) *
Fair enough. What date do we start training again?

Not sure, mid to late July maybe?

Friendlies usually start around Augast if I'm not mistaken
Lumeci
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2015, 02:48 PM) *
Says who?

goal.com I now they are not reliable
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2015, 11:59 PM) *
€75 million is the money saved from the failed transfers of Jackson and Kondogbia. €150 million was just media speculation, we don't know for sure how much we can spend. As a matter of fact, the Mr. Bee deal will be finalized only at the end of July, so right now we're being financed solely by Fininvest.

Thanks.

That means that currently we are going to read only rumors and nothing else, cos Galliani wont be making a move without getting those money from Bee.
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 23 2015, 10:02 AM) *
Thanks.

That means that currently we are going to read only rumors and nothing else, cos Galliani wont be making a move without getting those money from Bee.

Papers saying the money will be loaned from Fininvest until the takeover goes through
Fillipo Simone
I gotta say han, it seems to me you were partially right. While Juventus snatched out Mandzukic (who was supposed to be a Milan target according to some unreliable sources), Inter got Monaco's Kondogbia, we've been now linked with unknown players.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 23 2015, 08:45 AM) *
Not sure, mid to late July maybe?

Friendlies usually start around Augast if I'm not mistaken

I think we start training around the start of July, so only in a couple of weeks.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 23 2015, 11:29 AM) *
I gotta say han, it seems to me you were partially right. While Juventus snatched out Mandzukic (who was supposed to be a Milan target according to some unreliable sources), Inter got Monaco's Kondogbia, we've been now linked with unknown players.

Well, I don't think anyone saw coming that things will turn out like this for us, except for Han, but that's because he's pessimistic by default. tongue.gif

I'm worried now, because the names we're being linked with don't exactly arouse my imagination. It's pointless going after Serie A players. Guys like Maksimovic, Soriano, Bertolacci etc. won't help us make that jump in quality that we desperately need. It'll just be a waste of money. Even Imbula doesn't excite me. And then this constantly being linked with Cavani is really annoying. Everyone and their grandmas know we can't afford him.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 23 2015, 11:29 AM) *

I still hope I'm wrong, and there is still time, but if July comes and we still don't see any form of effort being done to sign players than it's pretty obvious what's going on

For me, appointing Mihajlovic was a red flag and it's why I was pessimistic to begin with. If you really do have a super ambitious project you don't hire a janitor to overlook it

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 23 2015, 12:43 PM) *
I think we start training around the start of July, so only in a couple of weeks.

Well, I don't think anyone saw coming that things will turn out like this for us, except for Han, but that's because he's pessimistic by default. tongue.gif

I'm worried now, because the names we're being linked with don't exactly arouse my imagination. It's pointless going after Serie A players. Guys like Maksimovic, Soriano, Bertolacci etc. won't help us make that jump in quality that we desperately need. It'll just be a waste of money. Even Imbula doesn't excite me. And then this constantly being linked with Cavani is really annoying. Everyone and their grandmas know we can't afford him.

I don't think the papers know who we're really after now that things have fallen through, I don't even think Galliani knows wtf he should do now.

and yeah, going after Serie A players from mid-table teams is just showing that still nothing has changed. Players from Torino, Parma, Genoa and Samp aren't going to help us to get into the top 3 or possible fight for the title with Juve. Haven't players like Poli, Monto, Bona, etc already proved this over and over for Galliani? I don't know what it will take for him to finally learn.

Soriano is mediocre, Bertolacci would be a decent bench player, better than Poli, Muntari or Essien. But again, he does nothing in terms of the first team.

We need 1 top quality CB, 2 top quality CMs, preferably one being a box-to-box guy and 1 a creator and 1 top quality striker.

But, everything points to Galliani wanting 2 strikers and 1 mid with Witsel being the only decent name we're linked to and none of which are creators, which would leave us with the same problem we had last season of zero creativity and difficulty creating chances and scoring
X-Offender
Mediaset says we're going to offer €15 million for Bertolacci. Galliani will meet with his agent today.

Martinez agent: 'Milan deal not dead yet'

Empoli's sporting director: "We have bought out Saponara from Milan"
Fillipo Simone
Good. Saponara was dead weight anyway.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 23 2015, 03:33 PM) *
Good. Saponara was dead weight anyway.

Apparently Roma and Juve are interested in him.
d'Arc.LP
Milan have been very interested in Nainggolan in the past few days and tried to sign him for €37m [Sky].
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 23 2015, 05:36 PM) *
Apparently Roma and Juve are interested in him.

I don't know what they seen in him.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 23 2015, 03:28 PM) *
Mediaset says we're going to offer €15 million for Bertolacci. Galliani will meet with his agent today.

Total waste of money if true.
X-Offender
Eh, I saw a few clips on YouTube. He's not bad, and for that money I think he's worth it. But he's not what we need right now. We can't afford to spend €15 million on someone like him.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 23 2015, 04:58 PM) *
Eh, I saw a few clips on YouTube. He's not bad, and for that money I think he's worth it. But he's not what we need right now. We can't afford to spend €15 million on someone like him.

Youtube vids are deceiving.

I don't claim to watch him week in week out, but having watched him in a full match for Italy, I can safely say that he's nothing special and certainly not what we need
Fillipo Simone
Bertolacci isn't bad. But what has he got what Poli, Monto, NDJ or the rest don't have?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 23 2015, 05:07 PM) *
Youtube vids are deceiving.

I don't claim to watch him week in week out, but having watched him in a full match for Italy, I can safely say that he's nothing special and certainly not what we need

One game alone isn't enough either. But I agree that he's not what we need.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 23 2015, 05:44 PM) *
Bertolacci isn't bad. But what has he got what Poli, Monto, NDJ or the rest don't have?

Nothing, really. I would compare him to Bonaventura. Good all-around player but that doesn't really add much to the game unless the whole team is performing.

What we really need right now are two solid CMs, one creative and the other a box-to-box. Witsel and Gündogan are what I personally wish for, because they're both proven and have international pedigree, and are realistic targets that won't cost us a fortune like frigging Cavani.
X-Offender
Martinez 'prefers Atletico Madrid'

What to believe these days. Earlier today there were reports of him claiming nothing had been decided yet, but now apparently it's a done deal.

rolleyes.gif
milanbuf88
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 23 2015, 12:24 PM) *
Milan have been very interested in Nainggolan in the past few days and tried to sign him for €37m [Sky].

I really like Nainggolan but 37 million seems like way too much to me.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 23 2015, 08:47 PM) *
I really like Nainggolan but 37 million seems like way too much to me.

Agreed, but at this point we have to face the fact that if we want a great player we'll have to overpay
Ry4n
I'm sure we are going for right the players . I mean if we go by what the media says we are going for them with the right attitude financially. But we won't pay through the nose for them which is the right thing to do imo. Look at what some clubs spend on players and its mind boggling the man cities , the Chelsea's , Man U , Real Madrid and then they don't even perform and then they ship them out on loan or sell them at a cut price the next season on.
I think what’s going to happen is this:
We're going to buy a few players from Samp (because of our new manager) and Genoa and prolly mostly all from Serie A acquisitions. From teams that are not in the Champions league since they will be cheaper and more willing to come with less wage demands then the players in the CL already. Players that strived for CL the season before won't want not play in the CL the following season without really big incentives we hardly look willing to budge for. They won't want to come to us regardless of our prestige and they want more money and the at least chance at winning trophies. just looks like us getting ripped off either way.
You just have to look at the prices the players we are being linked with and the prices they're going for...we will get excuses from Galliani and co about the market come August 31st... and how we could not bring the right player in here and there. Then go for the cheaper options we can afford. I know I’m being really pessimistic ( and i hope to god im hella wrong here ) but i can't see us bringing in players with the pedigree that Milan needs so we can plug the gaps and push us to the next level or say where Juventus is at and where sadly inter is going to be. We need to close the gap on Napoli and Roma !

P.S sorry for grammar its late..
han2503
Anyone know much about Parma's Jose Mauri?

Some outlets saying we have an agreement with him...

Fillipo Simone
No clue. Scored against Juve, that's all I know. But how good can he be anyway.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 24 2015, 10:22 AM) *
No clue. Scored against Juve, that's all I know. But how good can he be anyway.

Don't think he's all that good if he's a free agent and no one's jumped on him yet.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 24 2015, 10:33 AM) *
Don't think he's all that good if he's a free agent and no one's jumped on him yet.

Juve, Fiorentina, Lazio and Atletico wanted him, too, but he chose us.

I don't know how good he is, but he's only 19 and apparently he had a decent season with Parma.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 24 2015, 10:34 AM) *
Juve, Fiorentina, Lazio and Atletico wanted him, too, but he chose us.

I don't know how good he is, but he's only 19 and apparently he had a decent season with Parma.

Don't know man, I'm going to refrain from saying anything about him as I don't know anything about his style, that being said, let's not jump the gun again, nothing is official yet and until it is, I won't believe anything considering our track record atm
X-Offender
Witsel to Milan is a matter of hours, according to this.

Calciomercato.com is more prudent, saying we're negotiating with Zenit and the player, but no deal has been reached yet. Juve, Valencia and Chelsea are also interested, but we seem to have the upper hand.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 24 2015, 12:14 PM) *
Witsel to Milan is a matter of hours, according to this.

Calciomercato.com is more prudent, saying we're negotiating with Zenit and the player, but no deal has been reached yet. Juve, Valencia and Chelsea are also interested, but we seem to have the upper hand.

Isn't that always the case at the start? rolleyes.gif

We'll see.

He'd be a better option than Kondogbia next to De Jong imo.

Don't want to get excited. Is that site reliable?
nuh
do you guys have any clue whether he's good or not (Witsel)? I personally haven't watched a single game he's played in.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 24 2015, 12:52 PM) *
Don't want to get excited. Is that site reliable?

No frigging clue.

QUOTE (nuh @ Jun 24 2015, 12:52 PM) *
do you guys have any clue whether he's good or not (Witsel)? I personally haven't watched a single game he's played in.

I've seen him a few times in the past. He's solid. Strong physically with good technique and nice passing skills.
han2503
QUOTE (nuh @ Jun 24 2015, 12:52 PM) *

I personally rate him a lot and prefer him over Kondogbia
Fillipo Simone
Nothing special if you ask me.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 24 2015, 01:24 PM) *
Nothing special if you ask me.

I think he's good

a creative CM, De Jong and him would make a very balanced and well rounded midfield trio
X-Offender
Now being linked with Higuain. Sportmediaset saying €50 million could be "enough". rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 24 2015, 01:43 PM) *
Now being linked with Higuain. Sportmediaset saying €50 million could be "enough". rolleyes.gif

FFS!! If we spend that much on him then we'll have confirmation of how senile both Silvio and Galliani are. He's at max worth 25m, nothing more

And once again, he's a striker that heavily relies on service, what's the point of getting him.

At least the Cavani rumours were funny because we all knew it was impossible, but this one worries me. Pretty sure De Laurentis would laugh all the way to the bank if we came in with that kind of offer
X-Offender
I really, really hope we get Ibra for free or for 10-12 million at most and focus on midfield and defense instead. Ibra, Menez, SES and Niang would be good enough for next season. If we qualify for CL for 2017, then we can try and sign another quality striker next summer.
Fillipo Simone
To be honest, I don't think it's enough. I'd rather sell Menez as well, I don't see him working for us, especially with Ibra in the team. Then you've got SES who's a big question mark and Niang who's worthless. Not enough in my opinion, but yes, considering how average our midfield and defense look, it should be a priority.

Btw. it seems Rami to either Lyon or Sevilla is gonna happen. Good thing.
X-Offender
If Robinho could play with Ibra, then I don't see how Menez can't. Plus I think both Mihajlovic and Ibra could provide that necessary push for Menez to stop acting like an egotistical prick and focus on the team instead. Then having two youngsters like SES and Niang as subs would be alright. As long as we have a solid defense and capable midfield, that attacking choice would be more than enough from my point of view.
Fillipo Simone
I see this completely different. But both our assessments are more educated guesses then real predictions.

1) Ibra couldn't tame Menez when they played at PSG. What makes you think this would happen here? Also, Ancelotti and Blanc both tried and failed to deliver their message to Menez. Second, I don't think Mihajlović can do much better, knowing he's a poor man-manager. And third, Menez used to play less and less lined up to Ibra with PSG, so I don't think they have the needed chemistry.

2) Robinho was a different player. He wasn't that self-oriented and over-doing everything like Menez, he simply deteriorated and managed to fall deeper and deeper into the pit. Also, I don't recall Ibra and Robinho working for real ever. Maybe the first season they did, but afterwards things fell apart soon and they both played in the same lineup, but never really managed to achieve anything as a combination.

I think Ibrahimović works much better when fielded with a classic SS rather then any wingers. If SES could pull that off, I'd say with Pazzo, Niang and a fresh striker we'd be fine. But thing is, SES is always considered a winger and nothing more.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 24 2015, 03:36 PM) *
I really, really hope we get Ibra for free or for 10-12 million at most and focus on midfield and defense instead. Ibra, Menez, SES and Niang would be good enough for next season. If we qualify for CL for 2017, then we can try and sign another quality striker next summer.

Agreed about Ibra, he's the only one that can come in and give us guaranties of any sort of success.

As for Menez, if an offer comes in I'd sell him in a heart beat. But yes, that attack is adequate for a team that's only competing in Serie A. Ibra will make the rest sing

Spending anything over 20m for a striker would be stupid, however, going by what club sources and the guys at Milan channel keep saying. We're looking for 2 top strikers 1 top mid and 1 top CB. Which is stupid if you ask me.

I can only guess that they're looking at 1 top mid who is a box-to-box guy because they're still thinking of Monto as being the starting creator, which is beyond words at this point. If we have ambitious aspirations then we need another top CM.

Bringing in Ibra will be more than enough for the attack

And lets not forget that we're still stuck witch Cerci, Matri and Pazzo for now, we don't know if we'll be able to offload all 3.

At midfield we only have Bona, Monto, De Jong and Poli as viable option, and I hope they kick Muntari out on his fat @ss. At the very least we need 2 top CMs, leaving the other Italians as rotational guys with Bona being an option for the AM position if Ibra is brought in
X-Offender
@Fillipo: I think it's worth a shot. Menez has quality, no one doubts that. He just needs someone to grab him by the balls and tell him to stop playing for himself. With Pippo, Menez thought he could do whatever the f*ck he pleased. I believe that with the likes of charismatic characters like Ibra and Mihajlovic, and a competitive team to back his playing style, even someone like Menez can make a turn. That's just me guessing, though. The truth is that I don't want us overspending in attack and neglect the other areas we need to focus on.

@Han: Pazzini's contract expires at the end of the month, so we won't be stuck with him.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 24 2015, 04:35 PM) *
@Fillipo: I think it's worth a shot. Menez has quality, no one doubts that. He just needs someone to grab him by the balls and tell him to stop playing for himself. With Pippo, Menez thought he could do whatever the f*ck he pleased. I believe that with the likes of charismatic characters like Ibra and Mihajlovic, and a competitive team to back his playing style, even someone like Menez can make a turn. That's just me guessing, though. The truth is that I don't want us overspending in attack and neglect the other areas we need to focus on.

@Han: Pazzini's contract expires at the end of the month, so we won't be stuck with him.

huh, didn't know that, thought he had another year left
Fillipo Simone
Cerci and Matri? Isn't Cerci owned by Atletico? And Matri is still our player?
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 24 2015, 07:07 PM) *
Cerci and Matri? Isn't Cerci owned by Atletico? And Matri is still our player?

Cerci's on loan for two years, I guess? That's what I recall.

Matri is still our player, isn't that dandy? beersmiley1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.