Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
han2503
I predicted before we even got him that he would struggle. And I was against signing him outright, at least this way it didn't cost us millions

And it's not his fault, him not working out here was predictable, he's a poacher. He thrives off of chances created for him. And we simply do not create the amount of chances he'd need to be prolific.

There is a reason why every pure striker we've had since Sheva aside from Ibra has bombed with us. We're just sterile, and this has been the case for a while now. Under Allegri it was very obvious as well, same as with Leo. We just don't play in a way where a striker can really thrive. Like for example Pippo did under Carlo.

For our attacking line to be a bit more prolific we need someone up there who not only scores but creates chances for himself and the others.

Oh and an actual midfield as well
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 25 2015, 01:21 PM) *
By the way guys, do you think we could/should sell Menez this coming season or stick with him?

Sell him? Nah, why would we?
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 25 2015, 11:43 AM) *
He is? Why? I don't think he's what we need.

That's my point. He's a good player, a very good striker. The few really good chances he's had he's taken.

But he doesn't get enough.

Han has a point with how he felt pre-signing, but his comments were more based on believing Destro wasn't that great. He is, but you cannot fire a gun without ammo, no matter how good that gun is.
Fillipo Simone
And what makes you think/say he is great?
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 25 2015, 03:15 PM) *
And what makes you think/say he is great?

13 goals in 20 in Serie A in 2012/2013, including 6 sub appearances.
X-Offender
He's not bad, far from it. He can handle the ball well and has good intuition. His record for Siena and Roma is 0.42 goals per game, which isn't bad considering he was mostly used as a sub at Roma.
X-Offender
Now Mediaset are saying that we want Immobile for €15 million.

Seriously, Immobile for Destro? What's the point? I think they're very similar, but I rate Destro more. At least from what I've seen.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 25 2015, 07:19 PM) *
He's not bad, far from it. He can handle the ball well and has good intuition. His record for Siena and Roma is 0.42 goals per game, which isn't bad considering he was mostly used as a sub at Roma.

I'd rather take Paloschi back then splash big money on Destro.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 25 2015, 04:24 PM) *

Seriously, Immobile for Destro? What's the point? I think they're very similar, but I rate Destro more. At least from what I've seen.

This is pretty much why Curva Sud have boycotted us.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 25 2015, 04:01 PM) *
That's my point. He's a good player, a very good striker. The few really good chances he's had he's taken.

But he doesn't get enough.

Han has a point with how he felt pre-signing, but his comments were more based on believing Destro wasn't that great. He is, but you cannot fire a gun without ammo, no matter how good that gun is.

I never said he was bad either.

I see him for what he is. Which is a poacher, I think he's an overall good player, but he's not going to be good here with us, simply because it's not the right team for him.

I also was very adamant about us not signing him because I think it's too much money for him, especially taking into consideration the type of player he is and the fact that he won't really shine with us unless there is some major overhaul to the squad that is

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 25 2015, 05:24 PM) *

I personally rate Immobile more than Destro

But again, what's the point of switching when they're the same type of player?

Sometimes I really do feel like Galliani has absolutely no clue when it comes to football, which is ridiculous since he's been in this for decades. But really some of the decisions and transfers are just baffling
X-Offender
Let's just get Cavani and put a rock on it. biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 26 2015, 01:13 PM) *
Let's just get Cavani and put a rock on it. biggrin.gif

Big-time choker.

Never manages it on the big stage. EVER.
X-Offender
We're again interested in Sevilla's Emery as Inzaghi's replacement.

Link
Danny
I forgot to post that. Rumour last night was we were offering him the job today.
han2503
Anyone here watch Sevilla from time to time?

I absolutely have no idea who this guy is
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 27 2015, 11:12 AM) *
Anyone here watch Sevilla from time to time?

I absolutely have no idea who this guy is

I know a little of him, but not a lot. But it takes a lot to be consistently fifth in La Liga with the Madrids and Barcelona hanging around with much bigger budgets.
X-Offender
He did well with Valencia, then won with Sevilla the EL last season, and is now 5 points from 4th place in La Liga. That's all I know.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 27 2015, 06:55 PM) *
He did well with Valencia, then won with Sevilla the EL last season, and is now 5 points from 4th place in La Liga. That's all I know.

It's better than we deserve right now. So he'd be as good as anyone.
Danny
He's reportedly quitting Sevilla and apparently wants Milan above anyone.
Fillipo Simone
I'd rather we go for a coach with Serie A experience, but well...
Danny
Deader than tank tops around here, but Pablo Armero has been shipped out to Flamengo. Expected to be concluded this week.
Fillipo Simone
Good call, useless singing. But hey, he's a Colombian international.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 1 2015, 10:30 PM) *
Good call, useless singing. But hey, he's a Colombian international.

I got him totally wrong. Really thought he'd be a good one for us. Total disaster.
han2503
I think some of the stuff he did while at Udine a few years ago was impressive, mostly because of his speed

But we needed a LB and he's simply not a defender
X-Offender
Yeah, he can't defend for sh*t. Would work well in a 3-5-2 formation, though.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 2 2015, 10:08 AM) *
Yeah, he can't defend for sh*t. Would work well in a 3-5-2 formation, though.

As he does for Colombia.
han2503
Didn't he mostly play on the wing at Udine?

Anyway, is it going to be a sale where we get actual money for him or did we never sign him so he's free to leave when he wishes to do so?
X-Offender
No, he was on loan from Udine.
Forza Milan!
More Milan rumors, this time sales to some Chinese investor(s)

Starting to get tiered of the seemingly endless cycle of rumor-denial. OTOH we desperately need a change, so I am hoping something may come out of this.
X-Offender
Rumor here, rumor there. Denial here, denial there. What a farce.
Danny
This one has apparently been privately confirmed by Berlu.

No idea how accurate that is.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 2 2015, 10:06 PM) *
This one has apparently been privately confirmed by Berlu.

No idea how accurate that is.

The article FM! posted says that sources close to Silvio have denied the rumor.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 2 2015, 09:37 PM) *
The article FM! posted says that sources close to Silvio have denied the rumor.

Yes and other sources have claimed the opposite.

It's a farce. Utterly ridiculous how the club is run.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 3 2015, 12:23 AM) *
Yes and other sources have claimed the opposite.

It's a farce. Utterly ridiculous how the club is run.

Agree on the farce + ridiculous comments. FWIW, the latest article on the topic seems to indicate that something may actually be happening despite the denials, possibly with the backing of the Chinese government. (Link.)
Danny
Yup, heard that too.
Rossoneri7
A sale of the club is very likely in the coming two months. Glory days under Berlusconi will soon be over.

Enter Thai/Chinese investor, who wont be allowed to splash money on the team because of FFP restrictions.

New faces, minor improvements maybe, but the biggest winner is Berlusconi if this club is valued at 1bn.
X-Offender
We need some major sponsorship deals. Milan are the most popular club in China, I read. Hopefully we can squeeze some money from that.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 3 2015, 02:47 PM) *
A sale of the club is very likely in the coming two months. Glory days under Berlusconi will soon be over.

Enter Thai/Chinese investor, who wont be allowed to splash money on the team because of FFP restrictions.

New faces, minor improvements maybe, but the biggest winner is Berlusconi if this club is valued at 1bn.

Glory days under Berlusconi have been over for a while now smile.gif . Don't get me wrong, I am truly grateful for what Berlu (and to a lesser extent Galliani) have done for the team. I really am. But somewhere along the line the two have fallen behind, and right now they are more of a liability than an asset. Something needs to change, and it needs to start from the top.

I understand FFP, and I understand that a new investor will not be able to "splash money". OTOH, as pointed out by XO, there hopefully will be some increase in revenue via sponsorship, especially if the deal is being used to promote football in China (as some of the articles suggest). More important, there will be a change in the management structure (there always is when ownership changes), and one has to hope that it will be for the better (true, things could get even worse, but these days our management is so bad that I doubt that will happen).

Reality is that other teams in Serie A (with revenues much smaller than Milan) have been able to do much better than us in recent years. Yes, FFP is for real, as is the crisis that Serie A teams have been facing in recent years. However, both are being used as an excuse to mask the shortcomings of our present day management.

Bottom line, I really, really hope this is for real.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 3 2015, 01:47 PM) *

Would you however estimate that he spent somewhere in that region on Milan in the past 2+ decades?

I think he's just recouping what he put into this club, most likely because none of his kids want it to keep draining away at their future inheritance
han2503
Also would like to add that I'm very sceptical with regards to possible investors from countries like China or Thailand...

Do we need change, abso-freaking-lutely, BUT let's just all pray that it's a change for the better
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2015, 04:56 PM) *
Would you however estimate that he spent somewhere in that region on Milan in the past 2+ decades?

I think he's just recouping what he put into this club, most likely because none of his kids want it to keep draining away at their future inheritance

True. However, IMHO he got ample benefits out of what he spent on Milan.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2015, 04:58 PM) *
Also would like to add that I'm very sceptical with regards to possible investors from countries like China or Thailand...

Do we need change, abso-freaking-lutely, BUT let's just all pray that it's a change for the better

I agree that change is not always for the better, and in some ways I am apprehensive about new investors (if nothing else, I believe Berlu has been truly devoted to Milan). OTOH, I doubt management could get much worse than it is right now, and I personally do not see anything wrong with some Asian influence.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2015, 05:58 PM) *

Agreed.
X-Offender
Mr. Bee (from the Thai fund) responds to the Chinese: 500 million for 60% of the club, with Maldini as technical director.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...845d37126723c73
Danny
As I said in the match thread whoever buys us will have to agree to Silvio as honourary president.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 4 2015, 01:50 AM) *
As I said in the match thread whoever buys us will have to agree to Silvio as honourary president.

puke.gif

We really need to make a clean sweep, Silvio waxing lyrical from his throne will not work imo

Especially if he somehow manages to smuggle Galliani another big position in the new hierarchy

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2015, 12:37 AM)
Mr. Bee (from the Thai fund) responds to the Chinese: 500 million for 60% of the club, with Maldini as technical director.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...845d37126723c73

So there's a bidding war?

X-Offender
I really don't care if Silvio remains as honorary president or not. His influence will be minimal, just like with Moratti after Tohir took over. No-one will give two shits about him.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2015, 09:18 AM) *
I really don't care if Silvio remains as honorary president or not. His influence will be minimal, just like with Moratti after Tohir took over. No-one will give two shits about him.

And look how Inter have thrived since then...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 4 2015, 04:08 PM) *
And look how Inter have thrived since then...

What's that got to do with anything?
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2015, 03:14 PM) *
What's that got to do with anything?

They sold to FE billionaires leaving Moratti as HP and it hasn't improved them at all.

Just think if we sell we have to sever ties to Silvio completely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.