Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
X-Offender
Nah, you're more than suspicious. You kinda seem convinced that he's not worth it and he's gonna fail.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 24 2015, 11:34 PM) *
Yeah. Fingers crossed for us getting the deal and Witsel turning into the next Enzo Scifo, because that's what he appears to be smile.gif

So because, during one of the leanest spells in our history our city rivals signed a Belgian player who failed miserably, during a time when Belgian football was a non-event, you have decided that all Belgians suck and he is a clear failure?!

Even if I didn't agree with X that Axel's a class act, you'd still look like you were aching for him to fail and do an 'I told you so'.

Even Han, to his credit, hasn't re: Berto despite whining about him non-stop and looking like being correct after all.

Even I, to my credit, didn't b*tch too much about Bacca being far better than expected (by you lot).

So stop wanting players to fail!
han2503
I'm reading a whole slew of rumours this morning most notable

Monto to Juve (lol, give us some cash and he can go). But apparently Galliani is fearing a "pirlo" situation. Where's the face palm smilie when you need it? Monto at his best was never even half as good as Pirlo in his declining years.

Soriano deal is apparently on hold for now as they make a last attempt at Witsel (Galliani worried about midfield after the Fiorentina game) another face palm moment, like it wasn't already very clear that our midfield was mediocre and should have been first priority, not third after signing a gazillion attackers and one defender.
Danny
I'd cry with joy at Monto leaving, and would despise him when he turns into the lovechild of Pirlo, Gerrard and Lampard at Juve.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 25 2015, 05:14 AM) *
So because, during one of the leanest spells in our history our city rivals signed a Belgian player who failed miserably, during a time when Belgian football was a non-event, you have decided that all Belgians suck and he is a clear failure?!

Even if I didn't agree with X that Axel's a class act, you'd still look like you were aching for him to fail and do an 'I told you so'.

Even Han, to his credit, hasn't re: Berto despite whining about him non-stop and looking like being correct after all.

Even I, to my credit, didn't b*tch too much about Bacca being far better than expected (by you lot).

So stop wanting players to fail!

Is my English wrong or what? Firstly, Enzo Scifo is a player I respect, even if he played and failed at Inter. Secondly, to say Belgian football was a non-event in that period is a complete miss. Belgian football back then had a long streak of playing final tournaments and their clubs produced better results as well. So...

But anyway, I'm not wanting anyone to fail. I just hope you guys are right on this one, that's all.

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 25 2015, 01:29 PM) *
I'd cry with joy at Monto leaving, and would despise him when he turns into the lovechild of Pirlo, Gerrard and Lampard at Juve.

And you still think I'm the one who's emotional about players?
X-Offender
Looks like Witsel will remain a pipe dream. The player's intermediaries have been trying to entice Milan to make a tentative for him, but the club won't bite.

Talks for Soriano are expected to begin again tomorrow.

Also, Balotelli's arrival completely excludes Ibra's arrival.

Source: Mediaset

Can this possibly be the worst mercato ever? At least in the past we didn't spend jackshit but still managed to grab a few alright players. This time we've spent a shitload of money and the quality of the players we've signed has been average at best. Unbelievable..
Fillipo Simone
It is, no doubt. It's like they don't get how football works.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2015, 12:31 PM) *
Looks like Witsel will remain a pipe dream. The player's intermediaries have been trying to entice Milan to make a tentative for him, but the club won't bite.

Talks for Soriano are expected to begin again tomorrow.

Also, Balotelli's arrival completely excludes Ibra's arrival.

Can this possibly be the worst mercato ever? At least in the past we didn't spend jackshit but still managed to grab a few alright players. This time we've spent a shitload of money and the quality of the players we've signed has been average at best. Unbelievable..

Just heard literally the opposite, that Silvio's rejected Soriano and we're willing to pay 30M for Witsel.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 25 2015, 12:17 PM) *
Is my English wrong or what?

Yes.

Firstly, Enzo Scifo is a player I respect, even if he played and failed at Inter. Secondly, to say Belgian football was a non-event in that period is a complete miss. Belgian football back then had a long streak of playing final tournaments and their clubs produced better results as well. So...

You sounded derogatory about both the player and Belgian football. Need to work on your phrasing.

But anyway, I'm not wanting anyone to fail. I just hope you guys are right on this one, that's all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSjft6EJw18

Have a look and see it you think he still sucks.

And you still think I'm the one who's emotional about players?

It was sarcasm?
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 25 2015, 01:15 AM) *
Fingers, toes, penises, penis hairs...everything.

Cross the lot.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 25 2015, 01:21 PM) *
Just heard literally the opposite, that Silvio's rejected Soriano and we're willing to pay 30M for Witsel.

Mediaset said we're off for Witsel, but Calciomercato is reporting what you said. They also say Napoli are now serious about Soriano.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 25 2015, 03:23 PM) *
Yes.

You sounded derogatory about both the player and Belgian football. Need to work on your phrasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSjft6EJw18

Have a look and see it you think he still sucks.

It was sarcasm?

Let's end this, no sense in continuing this debate anymore.
CrazyMilanFan
so if we were to rate the worst transfers this summer what would be the top 3?

han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 25 2015, 01:21 PM) *

Read both, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Seems like most outlets don't know wtf is going on
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 25 2015, 07:08 PM) *
Seems like most outlets don't know wtf is going on

Just like the management. wink.gif sad.gif
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 25 2015, 02:36 PM) *
Just like the management. wink.gif sad.gif

QFT.
han2503
Come on Napoli! Sign Soriano!

Btw, no one is mentioning this but we have less than 7 full days now and we still have a squad size that is way above the stipulated 25. I don't know what they're waiting for to offload the likes of Matri, Zaccardo, Nocerino, 1 of Poli or Monto and 1 of Alex or Zapata!

Every summer it's the same issues and each one not only do we fail to remove all these players from the roster but we somehow manage t add to them as well...

Btw, anyone know what happened with Agazzi? Last I heard he was off to England to do medicals and then nothing
X-Offender
He signed for M'Brough.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2015, 05:19 PM) *
He signed for M'Brough.

Is it official?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 25 2015, 05:20 PM) *
Is it official?

He should have signed today. Not sure.
d'Arc.LP
Atalanta are strongly interested in signing Matri, according to Sky.

De Macedo (Le Parisien): "Impossible that Ibra renews with PSG, this is his last season here"
X-Offender
Looks like we have said no to Fiorentina for Poli.

Link
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2015, 06:02 PM) *

Link

laugh.gif Why??

Must mean we might be selling Monto
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2015, 02:02 PM) *

Link

I can't read Italian. Was a price mentioned?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 25 2015, 05:23 PM) *
Come on Napoli! Sign Soriano!

Btw, no one is mentioning this but we have less than 7 full days now and we still have a squad size that is way above the stipulated 25. I don't know what they're waiting for to offload the likes of Matri, Zaccardo, Nocerino, 1 of Poli or Monto and 1 of Alex or Zapata!

Every summer it's the same issues and each one not only do we fail to remove all these players from the roster but we somehow manage t add to them as well...

Btw, anyone know what happened with Agazzi? Last I heard he was off to England to do medicals and then nothing

Why do you care anyway? It's not that offloading Zaccardo will achieve anything.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 25 2015, 06:18 PM) *
Why do you care anyway? It's not that offloading Zaccardo will achieve anything.

I don't know!! I just do!!!! dramaqueensmil.gif

In all seriousness though, I think it's important to get rid of them. None of these guys aside from Agazzi are exactly on minimum wage here. Zaccardo is the lowest earner and he gets 1m after taxes, meaning he alone costs us 2m. Guys like Matri, Alex, Monto and Zapata are all on pretty high wages as well. And considering the ludicrous amount of money we spent that hasn't really made any huge impact on squad quality, I think it's important that we cut costs where we can. CL football is far and away from being a sure thing next season
Fillipo Simone
I really don't think it matters in the big scheme.
Fillipo Simone
Anyway, lot's of rumors I'm picking up right now:

- Matri and Paletta are on Atalanta's whislist
- Juventus is interested in Witsel
- Montolivo also being a possible Juventus/Allegri wish
- Agazzi deal still not official but should go through
- Milan now linked with Lamela and Illarramendi (Inter also mentioned as a destination for Lamela)
- Napoli offering 12m (and maybe Zuniga) for Soriano

Source(s): MN/Sky/Mediaset
X-Offender
The newest name for midfield is Joao Moutinho.

Paletta has accepted Atalanta's offer.

Sources: Calciomercato.com, Sky
Fillipo Simone
Moutinho? Han will be thrilled.
X-Offender
Let's get Moutinho and Lamela and get this over with.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 26 2015, 05:27 AM) *
Let's get Moutinho and Lamela and get this over with.

+∞ smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 26 2015, 12:00 AM) *
Moutinho? Han will be thrilled.

I am, don't think it will happen though...
d'Arc.LP
Sky: Milan have asked Real Madrid for the Spanish midfielder, Asier Illarramendi.

Gazzetta reports that Milan has given up on Soriano and confirms that the Rossoneri have contacted Real for Illarramendi.

Milan want Illaramendi on a free loan according to CorSera.

Milan are thinking for Illaramendi (in loan) according to Mediaset.

After the loss to Fiorentina, Mihajlovic indicated that he was disappointed in the midfield and now Galliani is focused on improving it. While the Soriano option is losing momentum, the rossoneri have made the initial inquiries for Asier Illaramendi and Joao Moutinho. Illaramendi could return to Real Sociedad, but Milan's good relationships with Real Madrid could give them preferential treatment. Monaco's elimination in the Champions League could favor the transfer of Moutinho to the rossoneri, but the Soriano option isn't totally out of the picture. Milan is focused on making moves in final days of window. Source: gianlucadimarzio.com

Juventus have contacted Zenit for Witsel according to Di Marzio.

Sky: Napoli have offered 12m + Zuniga for Soriano. The player is waiting for Milan, but the interest of Milan has cooled down.

Atalanta have spoken with Milan today about Matri and Paletta. Paletta seems to be accepting the destination according to Sky.

Milan have spoken with Lamela's agent today according to Sky.

Milan are interested for Joao Moutinho according to Sky.

CrazyMilanFan
Crazy 4-5 days it will be then ..
Danny
Lamela hasn't done that well in England. Ok he's basically been garbage. But he WAS good at Roma, so if that's the Lamela we get I'm ok with that.

When I read Moutinho I was praying for Philipe, then realised I had Cout and Mout mixed up. Mout is a decent player, a hell of a lot better than Berto or Bona.

Illara we've been linked with for over a season and he's another I'd take.

I'm giving up with Witsel. And Juve got Cuadrado too so they're only getting stronger and stronger.

As CMF says, crazy few days coming up.

And I suppose if Ely and Romag can get the time they need to gel, and the time they need to mature, I suppose that defence COULD work, but then, they don't HAVE that time. By then we'll have conceded 400 goals and be 4th in Serie B.
d'Arc.LP
I know we wont sign all 3 of them, mabye not even 2 but I would like the following scenario to happen. I guess we have at least 20 million left for a midfielder. If so then:

1. Get Illaramendi on loan (option to buy for 15m).
2. Swap Honda for Lamela (I read lots of rumors during the summer)
3. Get Moutinho for 20 million (or offer 10m plus Menez)

Offload Zaccardo, one of Alex/Paletta/Mexes or Zapata (I prefer Alex or Zapata to leave), Nocerino, Montolivo and Matri. Loan out Mauri and we would have a very nice team, if not fighting for Scudetto we would definitely compete for a CL spot.

--------------------------Lopez
-- De Scigio --- Mexes -------- Romagnoli --- Antonelli
-------- Moutinho -- Illaramendi -- Bertolacci
-------------------------Lamela
-----------------Balotelli--------Bacca

Abbiati, Abate, Ely, Paletta, De Jong, Poli, Bonaventura, Suso, Menez (if we dont include in Moutinho deal), Luiz Adriano.
Danny
Mexes been offered to Atalanta but they rejected it [GdS].
Fillipo Simone
Mexes?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 26 2015, 09:03 AM) *
Lamela hasn't done that well in England. Ok he's basically been garbage. But he WAS good at Roma, so if that's the Lamela we get I'm ok with that.

When I read Moutinho I was praying for Philipe, then realised I had Cout and Mout mixed up. Mout is a decent player, a hell of a lot better than Berto or Bona.

Illara we've been linked with for over a season and he's another I'd take.

I'm giving up with Witsel. And Juve got Cuadrado too so they're only getting stronger and stronger.

As CMF says, crazy few days coming up.

And I suppose if Ely and Romag can get the time they need to gel, and the time they need to mature, I suppose that defence COULD work, but then, they don't HAVE that time. By then we'll have conceded 400 goals and be 4th in Serie B.

I don't know about Lamela, didn't he occupy a winger role at Roma? Can he really play in the traditional trequartista role?

Either way I'm happy with all the names we're suddenly linked with, that loss against Fiorentina could very well just save our season. I read that Laudisa (he's been very accurate with Milan news this summer unlike Di Marzio) said that Silvio blocked the Soriano transfer after that performance vs the Viola.

I think Miha is also pushing for a proper top mid considering he made it a point to say that we lost the game in midfield. I think playing both Bona and Berto together was his mistake to begin with, but let's face it, the alternatives aren't all that great.

I don't think Juve will go for Witsel, they seem more focused on getting a trequartista atm. And they're apparently unwilling to meet the transfer demand for Draxler, so I doubt they're willing to pay the 30m or so required for Witsel.

Ideally we'd get Moutinho and Witsel. They'd give us the perfect midfield balance, plus Moutinho is very versatile an can practically occupy any role in our midfield, whether that a regista, mezzala or trequartista, he can pretty much so it all. For me he was the standout for Monaco last season in the CL along with Kondogbia

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 26 2015, 09:21 AM) *
I know we wont sign all 3 of them, mabye not even 2 but I would like the following scenario to happen. I guess we have at least 20 million left for a midfielder. If so then:

1. Get Illaramendi on loan (option to buy for 15m).
2. Swap Honda for Lamela (I read lots of rumors during the summer)
3. Get Moutinho for 20 million (or offer 10m plus Menez)

Offload Zaccardo, one of Alex/Paletta/Mexes or Zapata (I prefer Alex or Zapata to leave), Nocerino, Montolivo and Matri. Loan out Mauri and we would have a very nice team, if not fighting for Scudetto we would definitely compete for a CL spot.

--------------------------Lopez
-- De Scigio --- Mexes -------- Romagnoli --- Antonelli
-------- Moutinho -- Illaramendi -- Bertolacci
-------------------------Lamela
-----------------Balotelli--------Bacca

Abbiati, Abate, Ely, Paletta, De Jong, Poli, Bonaventura, Suso, Menez (if we dont include in Moutinho deal), Luiz Adriano.

If that happens I'd cry with joy.

But I can't see Real just giving him to us on a free loan tbh, not when Real Sociedad are willing to buy Illara outright. I know Galliani and Perez are chums but I don't think they'd go that far. Plus Illara would be a huge gamble even on loan as personally even if I still hope for 2 more mids, I think we'll only get one, so we'd be pinning all our hopes of fixing our midfield on him, which is a big risk for us as he could easily flop.

Lamela was awesome at Roma but he's been utter cr@p at Spurs, so again a big gamble, not as big as Illara considering his Serie A experience. Either was if Galliani is just going for 1 final mid I'd rather is be a CM rather than an AM, I think a proper creator/orchestrator in midfield is much more crucial atm. Lamela would be a very nice complementary player though. Either way, I have a feeling we're going to be getting Ibra in January, so that makes getting an AM an even lower priority than getting a regista (Illara/Moutinho) and a box-to-box mid (Witsel)

So for me, If we have this starting 11 and these subs I'd be more than happy

Lopez
Abate--Mexes--Romagnoli--De Sciglio
Moutinho--De Jong--Witsel
Honda
Bacca--Balo

I know Honda is the obvious weak link in there, but I think the creativity and dynamism behind him will help him a lot, I get the feeling he's the type of player who can flourish around good players, but don't expect him to lead or be a game changer because you'll be highly disappointed. Plus I think he's okay for now considering we only have Serie A.

Also, my Balo decision is because I think he'd be a better SS to Bacca than playing Bacca and Adriano together, they just don't mix well for me. Balo or Menez (unless we're planning on selling him that is) would imo be better next to Bacca than Adriano
Fillipo Simone
Honda? He's appallingly bad, I really don't think he should be our first team pick. I'd rather try Suso for Christ sake!
X-Offender
Illaramendi has signed for Real Sociedad for 16M.

Inter have an agreement with Lamela and now will negotiate with Spurs.

Juve are interested again in Witsel.

Galliani is jerking off in the bathroom.

Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 26 2015, 10:45 AM) *
Illaramendi has signed for Real Sociedad for 16M.

Inter have an agreement with Lamela and now will negotiate with Spurs.

Juve are interested again in Witsel.

Galliani is jerking off in the bathroom.

Haha, this excitement lasted a whole hour.

Back to square one. Well, there's always Moutinho...
X-Offender
I have a feeling we'll end up with Soriano.
X-Offender
Apparently Silvio has closed the bank account for this summer. If anyone is coming, it'll be only on loan.

No reliable source for this yet, but if it's true...
Danny
So if Miha isn't happy with the midfield and isn't being given any help to improve it...

He's going to resign with a few months. If he doesn't get what he needs, there's no point.
X-Offender
Miha should STFU is what he should do. He's the one who was OK with signing Bertolacci, he's the one who wants Soriano. Look at the type of mids he's trying to incorporate into his system: Bertolacci, Bonaventura, Soriano, Poli, Honda, Jose Mauri. All "hard-working" runners without a minimal bit of creativity. A smart coach would have asked for a true regista, a creative player that this team needs like fish need water. But he's ignored that completely because he thinks his system works better. Well, one day in the league and it's already failed.
Fillipo Simone
Right.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 26 2015, 11:36 AM) *
Miha should STFU is what he should do. He's the one who was OK with signing Bertolacci, he's the one who wants Soriano. Look at the type of mids he's trying to incorporate into his system: Bertolacci, Bonaventura, Soriano, Poli, Honda, Jose Mauri. All "hard-working" runners without a minimal bit of creativity. A smart coach would have asked for a true regista, a creative player that this team needs like fish need water. But he's ignored that completely because he thinks his system works better. Well, one day in the league and it's already failed.

Wasn't his system dictated by Silvio and the players he wanted have failed to arrive, bar Berto and Romag?

He wanted Ibra, Witsel, Kondogbia etc.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 26 2015, 12:37 PM) *
Wasn't his system dictated by Silvio and the players he wanted have failed to arrive, bar Berto and Romag?

He wanted Ibra, Witsel, Kondogbia etc.

Silvio wants a two-striker system, because he thinks the number of strikers is what makes a team offensive, the kind of football he likes. That's why we're playing 4-3-1-2, even though 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 nowadays are far more offensive and versatile.

As for the players, that's all up to Miha and Galliani. Yes, they failed to sign Kondogbia, but was that a reason to sign Bertolacci instead? We could have easily re-invested the money in Witsel or Gündogan.

Romagnoli is kind of a question mark, because many say he has a lot of potential, but whether he deliver on that potential remains to be seen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.