Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
X-Offender
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 3 2015, 08:11 PM) *
Yup. Just finished reading Mihajlovic's track record. Not impressed.

Given the clubs he's managed, it's no surprise he doesn't have an impressive record. But I consider him a good coach, and I'd be pleased with his appointment. Ancelotti aside, I was not expecting us to get someone of the calibre of Mourinho or Klopp, so Mihajlovic will just do.
X-Offender
Looks like it's a done deal for Mihajlovic. Announcement should arrive tomorrow.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 3 2015, 09:49 PM) *
Dude, everyone can edit on Wikipedia. I can go now there and write that Mihajlovic is a pony. biggrin.gif

Yes, I understand how Wikipedia works smile.gif. Still, I found it rather odd.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 3 2015, 09:51 PM) *
Given the clubs he's managed, it's no surprise he doesn't have an impressive record. But I consider him a good coach, and I'd be pleased with his appointment. Ancelotti aside, I was not expecting us to get someone of the calibre of Mourinho or Klopp, so Mihajlovic will just do.

I took the clubs he managed into account, did not like some of the issues I read about (particularly problems working with his players). I understand we can't attract top talent, but other names we have been linked with sounded more promising.

In any case, it looks like we will get Miha, so hopefully you are right smile.gif.
Forza Milan!
Looks like Miha wants us to get a few Samp players: Soriano, De Silvestri, and Eder. (Link.)
X-Offender
Looks like we might renew De Jong's contract. *fingers crossed*
nuh
Montella would of been perfect dry.gif
han2503
^^ agreed

Not all that happy with Mihajlovic, I thought we were going to make an effort to improve enough to at least challenge for top 3 this season. This choice just shows the management's ambition levels
Fillipo Simone
Nothing good about Mihajlovic for me. He's a typical mid-table brute coach we never should hire. But here we go...

And han, one more thing - so you accept R7's argument that FFP prohibits FIAT from bankrolling Juventus?
X-Offender
Would have been great if we'd got Carlo or Emery, but they both declined, so from the mid-level choices we were left with, Mihajlovic was the best solution. I prefer him to Montella.
Fillipo Simone
I don't see how.

I take everything in consideration here. Mihajlović never had an ambitious team under his leadership. He did fairly with Bologna and Fiorentina. With Sampdoria he may have raised some eyebrows, but it went on to be just a temporary surprise. What we get with him is a brute, a very clumsy man-manager who'll just fill Milan with second-rate Sampdoria players (probably more expensive then ever) and a few of his Serbs.

All we get is another Allegri. Crude, tactically inferior, small-club mentality, no real experience.
kurtsimonw
I don't imagine SH being here that long. He doesn't seem like a yes man and I can't see him accepting the lack of effort the players gave this season.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 01:13 PM) *
I don't see how.

I take everything in consideration here. Mihajlović never had an ambitious team under his leadership. He did fairly with Bologna and Fiorentina. With Sampdoria he may have raised some eyebrows, but it went on to be just a temporary surprise. What we get with him is a brute, a very clumsy man-manager who'll just fill Milan with second-rate Sampdoria players (probably more expensive then ever) and a few of his Serbs.

All we get is another Allegri. Crude, tactically inferior, small-club mentality, no real experience.

Yeah, I have a similar impression.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 11:52 AM) *
Nothing good about Mihajlovic for me. He's a typical mid-table brute coach we never should hire. But here we go...

And han, one more thing - so you accept R7's argument that FFP prohibits FIAT from bankrolling Juventus?

I never said that I don't accept it or that I'm blind to FFP's existence. My main point of contention with R7 has always been about the mismanagement of the club.

Yes, I've always agreed that FFP gives Silvio restrictions on what he can do as owner, but there are still ways to stay in line with FFP while not letting your club go down the sh!tter, which is always something I argued about profusely. FFP, does not excuse the amount of losses we make each year, that's down to Galliani and how he's been allowed to run this club for the past decade since Silvio stepped back.

But, back to the main point, yes, I do agree that with FFP FIAT can never bankroll Juve in the manner you're implying. And they're not covering 90m in losses each year either. That's the point. The fact that we're so heavily dependant on Fininvest to bail us out while Juve aren't the same with FIAT. Again, it point directly to Galliani and the mismanagement of finances.

Both parent compaies have the finances to bankroll both clubs, they simply can't because of FFP, but while Juve make minimal losses each year, we make nearly a 100m. So going by this, our holding company is spending way more money on the club than Juve's is

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2015, 12:01 PM) *
Would have been great if we'd got Carlo or Emery, but they both declined, so from the mid-level choices we were left with, Mihajlovic was the best solution. I prefer him to Montella.

Can't agree there. On either point.

For me, we could have easily gone to Spaletti, Prandelli or Donadoni if Montella wasn't available, all of which are imo better managers and tacticians than Miha.

Also, Montella has proven at Fiorentina that he's a good coach who has dynamic ideas on how his side plays football. Showed it at Catania as well

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 12:13 PM) *
I don't see how.

Agreed
Fillipo Simone
Like it or not, Juventus invests much more cash into new signings - cash they are able to allocate through their relationship with FIAT via Agnelli. In 11/12 the spent more then 100M € on fresh players, the next season another 70M € and then 30M € the next one. Tell me, when did we every spend 200M € over three seasons?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2015, 02:33 PM) *
Can't agree there. On either point.

For me, we could have easily gone to Spaletti, Prandelli or Donadoni if Montella wasn't available, all of which are imo better managers and tacticians than Miha.

Also, Montella has proven at Fiorentina that he's a good coach who has dynamic ideas on how his side plays football. Showed it at Catania as well

Not a big fan of Montella personally. Strikes me as a very timid coach that losses control of the situation more than often. What we really need right now is someone with character who can wake up these players, and Mihajlovic is perfect for the job.
X-Offender
OFFICIAL: Inzaghi has been fired. Tassotti leaving as well.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 03:13 PM) *
Like it or not, Juventus invests much more cash into new signings - cash they are able to allocate through their relationship with FIAT via Agnelli. In 11/12 the spent more then 100M € on fresh players, the next season another 70M € and then 30M € the next one. Tell me, when did we every spend 200M € over three seasons?

But see, you're mis-reading my point.

Fininvest has spent that kind of money on Milan, but instead of it going into a transfer budget, it goes into covering losses. Which has exceeded those 200m over 3 years you're quoting for Juve.

Again, both holding companies have the means, but while with one club the money is being spent in a positive way, the other is spending in a negative way. The money Fininvest and therefore Silvio sink into Milan is mostly all to cover huge losses that we're making each year. Even when we were winning and going far in the CL, we were still making big losses.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2015, 03:57 PM) *
Not a big fan of Montella personally. Strikes me as a very timid coach that losses control of the situation more than often. What we really need right now is someone with character who can wake up these players, and Mihajlovic is perfect for the job.

Can't say that I don't agree with that, however, imo Mihajlovic is not the man capable of doing the things you're saying we need.

There'e a difference between a motivator and a dictator, I think Miha falls more under the second category, which is why he tends to fall out with players
X-Offender
Maybe the fact he's coaching a big club now will make him more composed.
Fillipo Simone
I don't think so. He always had problems in that department, even when he joined Inter. God, this is such a bad call, I'm very positive it will backfire and make us loose yet another year.

Say, why did Tasso leave?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 04:55 PM) *
I don't think so. He always had problems in that department, even when he joined Inter. God, this is such a bad call, I'm very positive it will backfire and make us loose yet another year.

I think it was his time. And after the management have made it more than clear that he'll never be given the role of head coach after hiring not one but THREE rookies for him to work under, I think he knew his time was up

Agreed on Miha, then again, with him I don't foresee a problem with firing him like with Pippo as there are no emotional ties. Then again, this is Galliani's choice and we all know how stubborn he is when it comes to admitting he was wrong. Allegri and Pippo are both proof of this.

But then again, as you said, it's another year lost. but we've become accustomed to that now, so whatever
Fillipo Simone
Well...

I think the only reason Ancelotti declined to come back is of medical nature. So, next year he should be available. Him and Conte for example. This opens up a good perspective, but yet again it's the third lost year in a row.

I really think Mihajlović cannot cut it here. He has a very rough nature and differently from both Allegri and Inzaghi, his explosive character could see him walk away if trouble is on sight.

But the main concern for me is his very peculiar taste for players he picks (for example his callups for Serbia) and his tactics. He's very old fashioned and provincial in that matter. That's what really worries me. He can bring in cohesion and fighting spirit, but that's about it. No true preparationist, no tactical mastery.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2015, 05:35 PM) *
Fininvest has spent that kind of money on Milan, but instead of it going into a transfer budget, it goes into covering losses. Which has exceeded those 200m over 3 years you're quoting for Juve.

Again, both holding companies have the means, but while with one club the money is being spent in a positive way, the other is spending in a negative way. The money Fininvest and therefore Silvio sink into Milan is mostly all to cover huge losses that we're making each year. Even when we were winning and going far in the CL, we were still making big losses.

Yup. Key is that we *are* spending money, just not wisely.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 07:01 PM) *
Well...

I think the only reason Ancelotti declined to come back is of medical nature. So, next year he should be available. Him and Conte for example. This opens up a good perspective, but yet again it's the third lost year in a row.

I really think Mihajlović cannot cut it here. He has a very rough nature and differently from both Allegri and Inzaghi, his explosive character could see him walk away if trouble is on sight.

But the main concern for me is his very peculiar taste for players he picks (for example his callups for Serbia) and his tactics. He's very old fashioned and provincial in that matter. That's what really worries me. He can bring in cohesion and fighting spirit, but that's about it. No true preparationist, no tactical mastery.

I agree with your assessment of Miha (what I read about him was not encouraging). However, let's hope he proves us both wrong. If not, I fear that we will be stuck with him for a while (Galliani picked him, so he will cover for him).
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 4 2015, 06:26 PM) *
I agree with your assessment of Miha (what I read about him was not encouraging). However, let's hope he proves us both wrong. If not, I fear that we will be stuck with him for a while (Galliani picked him, so he will cover for him).

Not to mention that that's another contract we'll have to buy out...
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 05:55 PM) *

I believe he was sacked with Pippo. Don't know why, but I would guess that Miha wants to bring in his own people, so they needed to "make space" for them.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2015, 05:48 PM) *
But then again, as you said, it's another year lost. but we've become accustomed to that now, so whatever

Already throwing the towel before the signing campaign even starts?

This summer is different. Either we spend big money and build a competitive team, at least for 3rd place, or we continue with the cheap signings and free agents as it's been as of late without any concrete plan in mind. If the second scenario does happen, I'll be the first one to actually step back and stop watching our games.

Enough is enough. I can't handle another season like the last one. I've been a fan for over 16 years, and I've been regularly following our games ever since. But a limit has been reached, and if the management doesn't show signs of ambition this summer, then to hell with them and the club! I'm done being taken for a clown.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2015, 08:04 PM) *

This summer is different. Either we spend big money and build a competitive team, at least for 3rd place, or we continue with the cheap signings and free agents as it's been as of late without any concrete plan in mind. If the second scenario does happen, I'll be the first one to actually step back and stop watching our games.

Enough is enough. I can't handle another season like the last one. I've been a fan for over 16 years, and I've been regularly following our games ever since. But a limit has been reached, and if the management doesn't show signs of ambition this summer, then to hell with them and the club! I'm done being taken for a clown.

I think "ambition" will depend on a potential sale and/or investors. Then the question becomes how effectively we spend the money we have. Personally I am not that hopeful on either, but would love to be proven wrong.

In any case, I have been a fan since the 60's, and have stuck with Milan through worse times, so I will keep being the clown smile.gif.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 4 2015, 07:28 PM) *
I believe he was sacked with Pippo. Don't know why, but I would guess that Miha wants to bring in his own people, so they needed to "make space" for them.

Yup, it looks like Miha is bringing in his whole team.
Forza Milan!
Apparently, we are meeting with Raiola about Ibra and Ely.
Forza Milan!
Apparently we are at a decision point for Niang. Either he gets to play or he wants to leave. Yes, he has done well with Genoa, but I would like to hope we can aim higher.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 4 2015, 07:58 PM) *
Apparently we are at a decision point for Niang. Either he gets to play or he wants to leave. Yes, he has done well with Genoa, but I would like to hope we can aim higher.

Not good enough.

Also, the Ibra story. Can't see it happening tbh
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2015, 09:04 PM) *

But do you see any concrete sign that tells you this summer will go differently?

No, I won't stop watching or supporting Milan. Like Forza said, there have been even worse moments than this one. What about Rangers fans? Or Lecce fans? By that logics clubs like that would have lost their fanbase by now.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 08:37 PM) *
But do you see any concrete sign that tells you this summer will go differently?

Us wanting to get Carlo back was the most concrete sign one could have hoped for. It meant building a competitive enough team for someone of his calibre and ambitions. Now that we didn't get him, though, kind brings us to a moot point. Are we still willing to spend big, or will Miha be pleased with lesser signings?

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 08:37 PM) *
No, I won't stop watching or supporting Milan. Like Forza said, there have been even worse moments than this one. What about Rangers fans? Or Lecce fans? By that logics clubs like that would have lost their fanbase by now.

I don't care about the rest. I'm speaking for myself. A year off after all these torturous seasons would be actually healthy.
drucurl
It's so hard to be a Milan fan these days.
Honestly, the only similarity between what we see today and what we had in Carlo's days is the colours....even our badge is different dry.gif

We have no fight, no commitment to good football, no marquee players (not even past it ones)....nothing
I think (and still cling on to hope that I'm wrong) that the whole "Asian investment" hubbub was an elaborate ruse. In a similar vein, I'm also hoping that the "all Italian Milan" was just for political ends and not a serious initiative (as if we ever had one anyway)
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2015, 09:20 PM) *
Also, the Ibra story. Can't see it happening tbh

You are probably right. OTOH, I read somewhere that Ibra has respect for Miho (apparently he learned to do free kicks from him), so maybe there is a chance. Don't see where we will come up with the money, but ...
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (drucurl @ Jun 5 2015, 02:44 AM) *
It's so hard to be a Milan fan these days.
Honestly, the only similarity between what we see today and what we had in Carlo's days is the colours....even our badge is different dry.gif

We have no fight, no commitment to good football, no marquee players (not even past it ones)....nothing
I think (and still cling on to hope that I'm wrong) that the whole "Asian investment" hubbub was an elaborate ruse. In a similar vein, I'm also hoping that the "all Italian Milan" was just for political ends and not a serious initiative (as if we ever had one anyway)

No disagreement with your assessment of where the team is at.

I believe the Asian investment was more than a ruse. There was some serious interest there, and apparently discussions are still ongoing (link - the article quotes Sole 24 Ore, and it sounds like the Chinese and Mr. Bee are now in it together). I have a feeling nothing will come out of it, but you never know.

And yes, the "all Italian Milan" was probably said for the benefit of the elections (much of what Berlu says is for PR purposes, aimed at the Italian voter).
X-Offender
Mr. Bee made a surprise visit to Silvio last night and offered around €1 billion for 100% of the club. Silvio rejected and said he's not looking to sell the club, but only minority shares.

Source: Gazzetta
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 5 2015, 12:12 PM) *
Mr. Bee made a surprise visit to Silvio last night and offered around €1 billion for 100% of the club. Silvio rejected and said he's not looking to sell the club, but only minority shares.

I wish fans could have the right to vote and choose the next owner in these situations. Silvio is neither investing or selling the club to someone willing to invest.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 5 2015, 01:03 PM) *
I wish fans could have the right to vote and choose the next owner in these situations. Silvio is neither investing or selling the club to someone willing to invest.

Oh come on. That's really not an option and surely wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2015, 09:01 PM) *
Well...

I too believe Carlo will be coaching us after he takes his time off. In the meantime, rebuilding a spine to this spineless team. CL target is a main but winning the league is what we need, we need that winning mentality spark back.

Thereafter, Conte or Ancelotti, does not really matter imo.

Further I doubt Miha has any control over transfer policy, he could recommend someone but if they see otherwise then they see otherwise; ala Oliveira devil.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 5 2015, 01:24 PM) *
Oh come on. That's really not an option and surely wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

I know, thats why I said - I wish. Why not ? How else would you get rid of Berlusconi ?
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 5 2015, 11:12 AM) *

Apparently he is back with an offer for a minority share, though it is not clear the latest offer will get accepted either. Also, this says that the Miha announcement is being delayed because Mr. Bee is pushing for Emery instead.

Edit: latest reports indicate that a deal has been struck for 48% ownership, and should close in 8 weeks. (Link, and another.)
X-Offender
Yup, Fininvest has officially confirmed it. Historic turnaround.
han2503
So it's Bee?
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 6 2015, 12:22 AM) *
So it's Bee?

Yup. And apparently he has grandiose plans and wants to keep Galliani and Barbara to run the show. I have already expressed my opinion about our current management (many times). Will see how Mr. Bee's ambitious plans develop. Let's hope for the best smile.gif.
Rossoneri7
Where will we be in two months time?

Surprisingly the new owners are coming in when Uefa's executive committee is likely to revise FFP rules pertaining to owners investment, when it meets in Prague, end of June.

han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 6 2015, 02:03 AM) *
Yup. And apparently he has grandiose plans and wants to keep Galliani and Barbara to run the show. I have already expressed my opinion about our current management (many times). Will see how Mr. Bee's ambitious plans develop. Let's hope for the best smile.gif.

Agreed totally on Galliani.

Reading both reports, one from Silvio, the other Bee. One can't help but see the distinct difference between the 2 and where their ambitions lie

I'm sorry, but a big budget in Galliani's hands might as well be toilet paper to us. While appointing Mihajlovic is another big disappointment.

Look at the reports, talk about Ibra. Yes, let's waste an entire summer running after him but ignore the rest of our dire squad situation, especially in midfield. Typical Galliani really. 1 marquee signing in attack to toot his own horn and a couple of random players we know nothing about.

They make it seem like Carlo is the only great coach a team can sign. Maybe the ones available aren't all at his level, but there are many better coaches than Mihajlovic, and I really can't see the point of appointing someone like him

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 6 2015, 03:09 AM) *
Where will we be in two months time?

Surprisingly the new owners are coming in when Uefa's executive committee is likely to revise FFP rules pertaining to owners investment, when it meets in Prague, end of June.

So what's the word on that? Are they going to be less stringent on Clubs?
X-Offender
Let's give things time before we start sounding disappointed again. Things are finally starting to take a turn, so let's appreciate that.
Fillipo Simone
But Han likes to depress us in advance, it makes things easier, no? tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.