Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Summer transfers
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
X-Offender
So, I was reading that we're interested in Valdifiori of Empoli as De Jong's replacement. Never seen him play, but I just realized that he's 28 years old. Seriously, a 28 year old Empoli player is our answer to possibly the best player in our team leaving? What's with us and Empoli anyway?

My god, it's like we're trying to reach new lows with every season...
Fillipo Simone
We're broke and we're heading that way a long time. I don't know what you guys expect, a sudden change? You really think it comes all down to Galliani being dumb for so many transfer periods and now he's finally seen the light?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 16 2015, 11:58 AM) *
We're broke and we're heading that way a long time. I don't know what you guys expect, a sudden change? You really think it comes all down to Galliani being dumb for so many transfer periods and now he's finally seen the light?

There are certainly better players out there who we could sign for just a little bit more money. But wait, we couldn't afford to pay €500k to Valencia for Rami, so I get your point.
X-Offender
And by the way, Fillipo, I don't think your signature picture works anymore. I haven't been able to see it for months. Don't know if it's just me...
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, I know. I've been lazy in that regard, it's that Imageshack thing...
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 16 2015, 12:17 PM) *
Yeah, I know. I've been lazy in that regard, it's that Imageshack thing...

Use photobucket
Fillipo Simone
I need to make a new signature first. But thanks for the advice smile.gif
X-Offender
I suggest an anti-Pippo one. tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
Nah, I'm always pro-Milan devilsmiley.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 16 2015, 11:06 AM) *
There are certainly better players out there who we could sign for just a little bit more money. But wait, we couldn't afford to pay €500k to Valencia for Rami, so I get your point.

In the same window we spunked £8M on Bona? Nah, we could afford it, we just refused to.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 16 2015, 10:16 PM) *
In the same window we spunked £8M on Bona? Nah, we could afford it, we just refused to.

Agreed, the broke excuses seriously get on my f@cking nerves to no end!!

We had money when we wanted to spend on certain players, 12m on Matri? Could have landed us Strootman and we'd have some change left over. The millions we've poured down the drain on certain player wages? Oh like the 5m per year on Essien? The other 5m per year on Muntari? Could have gotten Niangolan or Vidal. Because that's how much Roma and Juve paid for those great players.

Players they got for very reasonable and affordable prices. But nah, let's renew Muntari's contract again and give him another pay hike, because you know, he's not privileged enough as it is.

We do have money, even if it's not a lot, it's just money that is being completely mismanaged
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 16 2015, 10:16 PM) *

Was just being sarcastic, but in all honesty the money we spent on Bona (pretty sure it was €6 million, not €8 million) we got from Cristante's sale.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 16 2015, 09:47 PM) *
Was just being sarcastic, but in all honesty the money we spent on Bona (pretty sure it was €6 million, not €8 million) we got from Cristante's sale.

7M Euros plus bonuses. That makes it ROUGHLY £8M.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 16 2015, 09:24 PM) *
Agreed, the broke excuses seriously get on my f@cking nerves to no end!!

We had money when we wanted to spend on certain players, 12m on Matri? Could have landed us Strootman and we'd have some change left over. The millions we've poured down the drain on certain player wages? Oh like the 5m per year on Essien? The other 5m per year on Muntari? Could have gotten Niangolan or Vidal. Because that's how much Roma and Juve paid for those great players.

Players they got for very reasonable and affordable prices. But nah, let's renew Muntari's contract again and give him another pay hike, because you know, he's not privileged enough as it is.

We do have money, even if it's not a lot, it's just money that is being completely mismanaged

Fans forget this club is still in the black. We're still profitable, if not, as you say, in the PSG Man City league. We have enough to make a competitive Serie A squad and that could do respectably in European competition but Silvio chooses to spend it on 17 year old prostitutes instead.
X-Offender
Objectives for coach next season:

Conte (the dream) - The best solution, but him being NT coach is a problem;
Montella (the temptation) - Young coach with an offensive mindset and desire to achieve results;
Sarri (the bet) - Easy solution that doesn't resonate well with fans;
Spalletti (the certainty) - Experienced coach, but his attitude may be seen as problematic.

Other ideas: Klopp, Prandelli, Donadoni.

Link

Who would you prefer from the names above?
Fillipo Simone
You know, you once mentioned Rijkaard. I do think we should give that generation of Milan legends a try. I'm a bit surprised how everyone got surpassed; Costacurta, Baresi, Donadoni, Rijkaard, MvB, Gullit and who knows how many of them turned to coaching, and I always expected one of them to make a stop at his former home.

That being said, from the lot you mentioned, I'd like Conte the best, naturally. All of the other coaches mentioned have a evident negative side (apart from Klopp, but he has no Serie A experience and wouldn't come here anyway, his style suits Arsenal and he'll be the ideal Wenger sub).

Montella is still green and I'm not satisfied how he evolved at Fiorentina. But he has the pole position. Then Donadoni who seems to be a good small club coach. Spalletti is a born looser, same to Sarri. Prandelli? Not sure, he's like an upgraded Allegri to me.
X-Offender
Any of those choices would be an upgrade over what we've had in the last five years, except for Sarri. Personally, I'd be happy with either Conte, Montella or Spalletti. Donadoni and Prandelli don't convince me, and Klopp like you said I just can't see him signing for us.

As for Spalletti, I don't consider him a born loser. What teams has he managed so far? Udinese, Roma and Zenit those worth mentioning. He did extremely good at Udinese, made Roma play some great football in a period when Milan, Juve and then Inter were too strong to compete with, and still got them 2nd three years in a row, winning two Coppa Italia titles in the process. That's not a bad record, my friend.

And then with Zenit he won the Russian league twice, among other domestic titles. The point is, for the teams he's managed, he's done very well. It's not like he's coached Madrid or Chelsea and hasn't won anything with them for you to label him a born loser, no? I would be very happy if we got him. I read that he won't have no contractual obligations come summer.
X-Offender
Now Mihajlovic is being mentioned.

Link
Fillipo Simone
Oh God please no!

As for Spalletti; he had so many chances to do something more then just being 2nd and blew it every time.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 18 2015, 03:36 PM) *
As for Spalletti; he had so many chances to do something more then just being 2nd and blew it every time.

I can't understand how you say this. What chances? In 05/06 he finished second, we finished 3rd despite having a much better squad. In 06/07 and 07/08 he finished 2nd twice despite Inter being on fire in the league. He only failed the subsequent season. Are you telling me that with an inferior Roma he should have won the Scudetto to not be considered a failure? That's a tad excessive.
Fillipo Simone
Okay, let's do this.

He had a good start with Sampdoria and Empoli, got relegated with Venezia. His second spell at Udine started good and had a fair-tale ending. Then he got to Roma and had to deal with Inter. Milan at that time already started to loose capability of playing good in the league. He got comfortable in getting second, never really making a run for the money. In 2008 Roma came closest, but failed in the last leg drawing with Catania.

Look, maybe my comment was over the top. But I honestly want someone with a winning mentality and someone who's won more then just the Coppa Italia. I simply have little respect for Spalletti, he's been always small in that regard.
han2503
From that list my wishlist would be

1. Conte
2. Montella
3. Spalletti

Klopp is just not an option for us in my mind. Donadoni has done some decent things but if we want to actually accomplish something of note next season we have to aim higher than him, same thing with Prandelli tbh. The WC just left a bad taste in my mouth with regards to him

Sarri doesn't even warrant considering and it's appalling that his name is being mentioned in the press so much. Just goes to show that Galliani simply never learns his lesson

Mihajlovic is also very interesting to me, as a coach. I don't like him at all. But you have to admit that Samp have been doing very well under him
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 18 2015, 05:44 PM) *
Okay, let's do this.

He had a good start with Sampdoria and Empoli, got relegated with Venezia. His second spell at Udine started good and had a fair-tale ending. Then he got to Roma and had to deal with Inter. Milan at that time already started to loose capability of playing good in the league. He got comfortable in getting second, never really making a run for the money. In 2008 Roma came closest, but failed in the last leg drawing with Catania.

Look, maybe my comment was over the top. But I honestly want someone with a winning mentality and someone who's won more then just the Coppa Italia. I simply have little respect for Spalletti, he's been always small in that regard.

Yep, totally over-the-top, in my opinion. I think you're exaggerating. Sure, he hasn't won anything prestigious, but like I said, given the clubs he's trained so far, he's done very well.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 18 2015, 06:18 PM) *
Mihajlovic is also very interesting to me, as a coach. I don't like him at all. But you have to admit that Samp have been doing very well under him

I like him, too. I don't give a crap about his Inter ties. I'm past that point of consideration.
Fillipo Simone
It's not his Inter ties but his overall behavior. Brawling and assaulting his own players, having a bad temper and all that. On top of it, I disliked him as a player very much.
Danny
I'd take Mihajlovic.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 18 2015, 10:27 PM) *
I'd take Mihajlovic.

He'd be my 4th choice after Conte, Montella and Spalletti. Certainly above Prandelli and Donadoni.
Fillipo Simone
Why?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 18 2015, 11:20 PM) *
Why?

Look at what he's doing with Samp.

I just think he has a higher potential treshold than Donadoni or Prandelli
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 18 2015, 09:37 PM) *
He'd be my 4th choice after Conte, Montella and Spalletti. Certainly above Prandelli and Donadoni.

My joint top choices are Conte, Montella and Klopp. Spalletti, Mihajlovic are probably next, with Prandelli and Donadoni up the rear.

The one thing these all have in common is experience. Lots of it.

Any of those those 7 are superior to Pippo.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2015, 01:33 AM) *
Look at what he's doing with Samp.

I just think he has a higher potential treshold than Donadoni or Prandelli

Donadoni had good results with Livorno and Parma, Prandelli entered the CL with Fiorentina. On the other hand, Mihajlovic failed badly with Serbia, Bologna and Fiorentina. I'm really not sure one season (which isn't over jet) is enough.
maldini03
From the options you mentioned I think that Conte would definitely be the best choice, but I doubt he would come here. Following him I would say Montella but I cannot see him leaving Fiorentina to come here. After that I'd take Spalletti. I see Prandelli and Donadoni on the same level and I don't think either one would be better than the other. Mihajlovic is more of a wild card in my eyes. I don't see Sarri as a terrible choice, I don't know too much about him, but he does have Empoli playing pretty well, I would like to see how he would do with better personnel.
X-Offender
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Mar 19 2015, 01:16 AM) *
I don't see Sarri as a terrible choice, I don't know too much about him, but he does have Empoli playing pretty well.

They're 15th...
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2015, 12:42 AM) *
They're 15th...

9 points clear of relegation and haven't lost since 26th of January to Udine.

They're doing well at the moment.
X-Offender
And that means Sarri is doing a commendable job to be considered for our bench? Not in a million years.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2015, 10:38 AM) *
And that means Sarri is doing a commendable job to be considered for our bench? Not in a million years.

Agreed, isn't that similar to what Allegri was doing at Cagliari?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2015, 11:30 AM) *
Agreed, isn't that similar to what Allegri was doing at Cagliari?

Allegri actually got them 9th.
Danny
Thought we weren't discussing 'he who shall not be named' again?
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2015, 09:38 AM) *

Far from it, just expressing how he's doing at Empoli.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 19 2015, 01:33 PM) *
Thought we weren't discussing 'he who shall not be named' again?

Well it's not really a debate just a general question.

And last I checked you were the one who had a problem with the Allegri debates/arguments, not me wink.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2015, 01:01 PM) *
Well it's not really a debate just a general question.

And last I checked you were the one who had a problem with the Allegri debates/arguments, not me wink.gif

Last I checked this was Milanfan.com not Hanfan.com wink.gif

I was replying to three of you...
Fillipo Simone
Let's move on, shall we?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 19 2015, 03:23 PM) *
Last I checked this was Milanfan.com not Hanfan.com wink.gif

I was replying to three of you...

huh.gif huh.gif

I was the one that brought him up, so I was assuming you were replying to me. And as I said, I never had any issues with us talking or even arguing about Allegri, you did, so I personally have no issues with anyone bringing him up, that's why I said what I did wink.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 19 2015, 03:45 PM) *
Let's move on, shall we?

Yes, please.
maldini03
Despite Empoli's position being 15th, they do play attractive soccer, certainly much more attractive than the brand of soccer we have been producing. Don't get me wrong he isn't a great choice, but I don't really see him as a step down. If anything he is a move laterally, similar to what we have been doing in the past few years...
X-Offender
Mediaset says Destro will be returned to Roma at the end of the season. He hasn't convinced the management.

Link
Fillipo Simone
Good call, IMO.
Danny
He's one player we should absolutely keep. In the mould of Pippo. And Pippo himself would have struggled in this Milan.

But I don't think he fits. Mainly because he's good and takes chances. None of which we create.

I really hate the way Milan is being 'managed' tbh. From Pippo, to BB&G. It's just so incompetent.
Fillipo Simone
He is? Why? I don't think he's what we need.
X-Offender
He hasn't really convinced me either. Tends to disappear a lot during games. But the guy thrives on assistance. He scored a lot at Roma despite not being a starter because they provided him said assistance. We're struggling big time right now, so obviously he's not in his game.

Fillipo is right, he's not what we need, but maybe that will change next season. I wouldn't give up on him just yet.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, we'll most definitively change if Pippo goes. I think no other coach would/will support this system. But Destro is not enough simply put, he's like a young Pazzini (but his finishing isn't as good as Pazzo's was). What we need is a Pato, a Shevchenko in attack.

By the way guys, do you think we could/should sell Menez this coming season or stick with him?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.