Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Milan Are Brilliant
3-0 game over.
kurtsimonw
Boooriiing.
han2503
Aguero now!! biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Wow, what's happened to United?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 23 2011, 02:55 PM) *
i really hope city dont win the title that would be a very sad day.. the stupid uefa needs to do something

Yep. The day City win the title is the day football is over for me.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 23 2011, 01:57 PM) *
Wow, what's happened to United?

Evans sent off (rightfully so)

But City are just great atm!
han2503
Dzeko nearly scores there
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 23 2011, 03:58 PM) *
But City are just great atm!

They are? I can't watch the Premier League, but I've seen them in the CL and they've been far from impressive.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 23 2011, 02:58 PM) *
Yep. The day City win the title is the day football is over for me.

It was kind of like it with Chelsea, this is just a MILLION times worse.

Getting quite tired of this sport.
Jack Bauer
What a trashing biggrin.gif United fans leaving the stadium already...

As long as United lose - I'm happy, doesn't matter to me against which english team.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 24 2011, 12:02 AM) *
What a trashing biggrin.gif United fans leaving the stadium already...

As long as United lose - I'm happy, doesn't matter to me against which english team.

+1.. cant stand united.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 03:00 PM) *
It was kind of like it with Chelsea, this is just a MILLION times worse.

Getting quite tired of this sport.

Chelsea were already a CL team as well. Man City were/are a nothing club.

Can't blame the players or the manager or fans. Hopefully their owner drowns in oil or something.
Milan Are Brilliant
And you guys like City and what they stand for? rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 23 2011, 03:04 PM) *
Can't blame the players or the manager or fans. Hopefully their owner drowns in oil or something.

Nah, most of them only recently became 'fans' since a certain Robinho joined anyway. They probably think Maine Road is a 90's blockbuster laugh.gif

Fletcher scores with the FIFA finesse shot.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 24 2011, 12:04 AM) *

nope.. didnt say that... my 'cant stand united' goes back for quite some time compared to city.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 23 2011, 06:58 PM) *
The day City win the title is the day football is over for me.

Sadly that day has already come and gone for me. sad.gif I just can't get myself to care for the sports these past few years. Back in the good old days (with good old players) it was another matter entirely. Downloading full matches, player interviews, scraping for news, and much more involvement from me in general.

Today's match is the first Milan match I've watched in quite a while. The first football match since us against Barcelona.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 23 2011, 03:11 PM) *
Today's match is the first Milan match I've watched in quite a while. The first football match since us against Barcelona.

I don't mind the Serie A still, yes there were issues a few years back and still some stupid things like racism but that aside it's good. Premiership is just a battle of billionaires and La Liga is a slightly improved Scottish League. I might have to start watching more Bundesliga to be honest.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 03:04 PM) *

They won't when their money guarentees we can't win the European Cup again.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 23 2011, 03:12 PM) *
They won't when their money guarentees we can't win the European Cup again.

laugh.gif Harsh but true.
Milan Are Brilliant
4-1.

5-1.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 23 2011, 02:00 PM) *
They are? I can't watch the Premier League, but I've seen them in the CL and they've been far from impressive.

They've been great in the league though this season, and their position says it all.

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 23 2011, 02:04 PM) *
+1.. cant stand united.

+1

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 02:04 PM) *

I like them a hell of a lot more then United wink.gif

Also I love how some people rag and rag on City, yet it's not like other teams haven't done the same thing, Chelsea baught their way to the title as well. While it's not like Man U never spend big money either and aren't neck deep in depths...
Zed.D
Can't ****ing believe I missed two entertaining games today realmad.gif
CrazyMilanFan
5-1
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 23 2011, 03:17 PM) *
While it's not like Man U never spend big money either and aren't neck deep in depths...

It's the Glazier's who gave United debt...
Jack Bauer
5-1 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jack Bauer
Almost another one. Don't care about City but I dislike United for so many years so this is fun innocent.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 23 2011, 06:49 PM) *
5-1 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Unbelievable. I'm so sad I missed Man U getting humiliated I can cry!!
arivanjj
hahahahaha... good finish smile.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
6-1.
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 07:12 PM) *
I don't mind the Serie A still, yes there were issues a few years back and still some stupid things like racism but that aside it's good. Premiership is just a battle of billionaires and La Liga is a slightly improved Scottish League. I might have to start watching more Bundesliga to be honest.

Yeah, same here. My only saving grace was international football. But that too is disintegrating. sad.gif Pretty soon there may come a time when I'll probably leave sports altogether, and move into something even remotely interesting. There's money everywhere, and I don't mind $$$, but it should never take precedence over values.

Values and sportsmanship. Two things that are disappearing in pretty much all fields in life.

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 07:17 PM) *
4-1.

There you have it. dry.gif About time too.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 23 2011, 07:17 PM) *
While it's not like Man U never spend big money either and aren't neck deep in depths...

Well when you are in deep, you usually are in depth. laugh.gif Just saying.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 23 2011, 06:20 PM) *
Unbelievable. I'm so sad I missed Man U getting humiliated I can cry!!

6-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
6-1 at OT david silva is really good
acid911
Gee, they scored two more by the time I finished up my post. ohmy.gif Oh, heavens to bitsy!
arivanjj
laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
The foreigners are loving it laugh.gif laugh.gif

Goodbye Premiership.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 23 2011, 06:51 PM) *
6-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

blink.gif this is a once or twice in a century result for Man City and Man U for that matter.
acid911
So what is it, 7 goals in two games. tongue.gif 4-3 and 6-1. That's a glut of goals, 14 in total, in the span of a few hours. Never before have I witnessed something like this before. I need to see a doctor.
CrazyMilanFan
when is that fu*king UEFA financial fair play coming in
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 23 2011, 02:21 PM) *
Well when you are in deep, you usually are in depth. laugh.gif Just saying.

Oh shut it! The h slipped!!!!

And a big LOL at United! 6-1 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jack Bauer
Seems like advantage Han in the reference to the earlier debate about United in this thread.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 06:52 PM) *
The foreigners are loving it laugh.gif laugh.gif

Goodbye Premiership.

What do you mean? I'm not watching but it's clear Man have fallen to pieces. I don't think this result is any indication of anything to do with EPL.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 23 2011, 03:25 PM) *
Seems like advantage Han in the reference to the earlier debate about United in this thread.

Thankyou!! Chelsea couldn't justify me but City sure beat the hell out of their soft center biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
No disrespect but it seems in the main the guys that are based in this country where the league is seem to have differing opinions to people who just watch it abroad to this result.

I'm sure it will be completely different when City start winning European competitions, and knocking us out.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 03:27 PM) *
No disrespect but it seems in the main the guys that are based in this country where the league is seem to have differing opinions to people who just watch it abroad to this result.

I'm sure it will be completely different when City start winning European competitions, and knocking us out.

That's what I've found also.

The people sitting here being all happy the EPL monopoly is being broken will no doubt be crying when the Serie A monopoly is broken at some point. I think then people will realise how bad it is for football.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 03:27 PM) *

City could knock us out easily tomorrow should we play them. But I just love all the hoo haa about City when other teams have done this in the past. Do you think Chelsea could ever be where they are today without dirty Russian money.

City have built an amazingly strong team, and I've been saying it from the start when I watched their first game against Swansea this season, they'll be huge contenders for the title. Is it fair that they can splash cass and buy a title winning team? Not really but they're only doing what others have already done in the past and not just in the EPL either. Milan could do it as well should Silvio decide to splash a billion of his fortune just for sh!ts and giggles. It's just the way thing are. Is it fair that in spain all the clubs aside from the top 2 can barely afford to pay their own players, let alone afford to purchase new ones? Not really. Real and Barca have the resources to not only keep a strong hold of their league but to win the CL as well due to their favourable circumstances.
acid911
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 23 2011, 07:25 PM) *
when is that fu*king UEFA financial fair play coming in

Well sorry to crush your dreams pal, but it won't matter an iota for the big clubs. wink.gif Only the smaller and midtable clubs will be the ones under the hammer. The biggest of the biggest will find their way around it, mark my words.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 23 2011, 07:25 PM) *
Oh shut it! The h slipped!!!!

Yeeeeeah, right. biggrin.gif tongue.gif Where have I heard this before?!

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 07:27 PM) *

Totally get it where you are coming from, man. king.gif Agreed. It would have been another matter entirely if City won 2-1, or even 4-3 like us today. But the way they smacked everything United had or could have had is a definite cause for concern. I can imagine people not being an inch happy when they dispose off everyone in a few years time.

And this may include Barcelona in the semis and us in the quarters. Year in, year out. A billion dollar team!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 23 2011, 03:34 PM) *
City could knock us out easily tomorrow should we play them. But I just love all the hoo haa about City when other teams have done this in the past. Do you think Chelsea could ever be where they are today without dirty Russian money.

City have built an amazingly strong team, and I've been saying it from the start when I watched their first game against Swansea this season, they'll be huge contenders for the title. Is it fair that they can splash case and buy a title winning team? Not really but they're only doing what others have already done in the past and not just in the EPL either. Milan could do it as well should Silvio decide to splash a billion of his fortune just for sh!ts and giggles. It's just the way thing are. Is it fair that in spain all the clubs aside from the top 2 can barely afford to pay their own players, let alone afford to purchase new ones? Not really. Real and Barca have the resources to not only keep a strong hold of their league but to win the CL as well due to their favourable circumstances.

I've never given Chelsea credit for it either... but City have taken it to another level with spending.

I don't remember anyone doing it to this level to be honest (Chelsea are the obvious alternative), United bred in Scholes, Neville brothers, Beckham, Giggs etc when they were in their prime. I'm not old enough to know too much about Liverpool in their peak but they didn't buy everyone right? I mean United weren't buying people like Del Piero, Vieri, Salas, Ronaldo, Figo etc.

City have who, Richards? Who came through their youth team.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 23 2011, 03:34 PM) *

City have built an amazingly strong team, and I've been saying it from the start when I watched their first game against Swansea this season, they'll be huge contenders for the title. Is it fair that they can splash cass and buy a title winning team? Not really but they're only doing what others have already done in the past and not just in the EPL either. Milan could do it as well should Silvio decide to splash a billion of his fortune just for sh!ts and giggles. It's just the way thing are. Is it fair that in spain all the clubs aside from the top 2 can barely afford to pay their own players, let alone afford to purchase new ones? Not really. Real and Barca have the resources to not only keep a strong hold of their league but to win the CL as well due to their favourable circumstances.

Pretty well summed up old bean.
Milan Are Brilliant
Oh FFS Redknapp is now talking about Lampard including the words 'he's my cousin' I love SS coverage.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 23 2011, 03:39 PM) *
I've never given Chelsea credit for it either... but City have taken it to another level with spending.

I don't remember anyone doing it to this level to be honest (Chelsea are the obvious alternative), United bred in Scholes, Neville brothers, Beckham, Giggs etc when they were in their prime. I'm not old enough to know too much about Liverpool in their peak but they didn't buy everyone right? I mean United weren't buying people like Del Piero, Vieri, Salas, Ronaldo, Figo etc.

City have who, Richards? Who came through their youth team.

Man City haven't bought a single 'world's best player in his position' imho. They've just bought a lot of very, very good players instead.

I don't think anyone would call any of their defence the best in the world, ditto their midfield or even their attack.

It's just that they've bought wisely - a bunch of very good players.

They're a mile off buying the likes of Silva, Ibra, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Higuain, Rooney blah blah blah. Basically some of the best in the world.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.