Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
kurtsimonw
Saha makes it 3, Kranjcar 4. Adebayor with 4 assists.. only 34 mins gone.
William405
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 11 2012, 07:40 PM) *
Damn...just when we have Chelsea on the ropes! :/

Chelsea lost too,you can still pass them tongue.gif
X-Offender
This is rather scary.

kurtsimonw
There will be an awful lot of embarassed Liverpool fans about. Suarez has apologised and the club have condemned his actions. So much for sticking up for someone who's "done nothing wrong". laugh.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 12 2012, 02:12 PM) *
This is rather scary.

That's the worst attempt at a 'coincidence conspiracy' I think I've ever seen.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 12 2012, 04:50 PM) *
That's the worst attempt at a 'coincidence conspiracy' I think I've ever seen.

Steve jobs ruined it.
kurtsimonw
KO in 45 mins. Last season Bent made his debut in this fixture and scored the winner. This season, best case scenario is about a 3-0 defeat with the awful lineup we have out.
CrazyMilanFan
wolves 1-5 WBA always bad to lose in local derby..
Milan Are Brilliant
Was a great game actually. WBA weren't 5-1 better, better granted, though not by that much difference. WBA got fortunate with a couple of their deflected goals and Hennessey/O'Hara got in each others way on one too.

Not sure how long McCarthy will stay in charge to be honest. The pressure has been on him for years now, the fans were on his back immediately this season.
Milan Are Brilliant
If Villa threw more at that they may have got something. Shame, used to really enjoy watching them but now I just think I'm not going to bother the games are quite bland to watch from a neutral perspective and I don't mean just when they play the bigger sides.
Jack Bauer
You would expect from Villa to play more fluent game at home. They looked uninspired and created almost nothing all game.
kurtsimonw
Pretty clear you guys don't watch us much, under McLeish we have been dreadful in all but about 3 games. Though in saying that, Villa had 2 amazing chances late on and should've taken a point.

As for City, they're piss poor. Can't believe how little they created and even the goal was just a set peice.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 12 2012, 06:58 PM) *
Pretty clear you guys don't watch us much, under McLeish we have been dreadful in all but about 3 games. Though in saying that, Villa had 2 amazing chances late on and should've taken a point.

The problem is I've watched you too much!

Actually, the one game I didn't really watch you lost 3-2 to Arsenal! I've seen Villa most times they've been on Sky this year and it has been just as bad to be honest.
Rossoneri7
Under MON Villa were much more dynamic, they had this spectacle in their football. Nowadays, I don't know what happened.

Granted they are still in the EPL, which must count for something. I believe they just need the right coach to kick-start again.

kurtsimonw
MON just keeps things simple. The football wasn't exciting or even good, it was a glorified long ball. MON had better players which helped, but his success was essentially based on being good at set-peices. We rarely ever let a goal in from a free-kick or corner and we had the likes of Laursen, Carew and Mellberg who scored from them a lot. Now we have let in more goals from corners than any team in the league and we never score from them (don't think we have even scored 1 from a corner this season). McLeish can't even do the football basics and for that reason he has to go.

*Bad football
*Former Blue/fans never wanted him
*Crap results

What more is there to say?
kurtsimonw
McCarthy sacked by Wolves. Not surprising after a 5-1 home defeat in a local derby.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 12 2012, 04:14 PM) *
Not sure how long McCarthy will stay in charge to be honest. The pressure has been on him for years now, the fans were on his back immediately this season.

Must. Bet. More. dry.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Nipping over to Cheltenham to watch Torquay tonight. You know it's not going to go well when your manager starts hyping things up, just because over the last 15 games we're the most in-form team in the country. Does he not know we're playing Cheltenham who are 2nd and with a point or more will be top again?
Milan Are Brilliant
We won last night joint top biggrin.gif

-------

In more Premier League news Attwell has been demoted as a Prem referee to the football league. Yeah, thanks for that I'm sure half of our refs are better than that clown.
kurtsimonw
David Luiz and Torres. If that pair are worth £70m, Emile Heskey should set a World transfer fee.
Milan Are Brilliant
laugh.gif at Arsenal.
Bluesummers
poor arsenal, i think we might have just gave them the knockout blow. Sunderland 2-0 arsenal. Oh dear oh dear...
Jack Sparrow
When they lost to us, it was coz of 'clueless' Arsene, not putting on 'the OX' earlier. Now what's the excuse? The players bar Persie just aren't good enough. Accept it..and move to fix it.
X-Offender
So, Arsenal are out, right?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 19 2012, 12:56 AM) *
So, Arsenal are out, right?

Yep.
AndreeaMarshal
Arsenal is going down...if they will sell Van Persie too......i wonder what will they do with the money,buy 3-4 players with 2 million each? :|
kurtsimonw
Tevez backs down, apologises to City and withdraws his appeal to the FA. Very nicely played Mr. Mancini, a wee deserved victory.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 22 2012, 10:29 AM) *
Tevez backs down, apologises to City and withdraws his appeal to the FA. Very nicely played Mr. Mancini, a wee deserved victory.

This just reduced our chances of getting him by 90% now. Thank God!!
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2012, 04:06 PM) *

mad.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2012, 03:06 PM) *

We haven't agreed on much lately my friend, but this we do. biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 22 2012, 05:16 PM) *
We haven't agreed on much lately my friend, but this we do. biggrin.gif

We mostly don't agree about Pato and Allegri. Don't make it sound like we're splitting up!!!! sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2012, 10:13 PM) *
We mostly don't agree about Pato and Allegri. Don't make it sound like we're splitting up!!!! sad.gif

Ah...I feel the love. My darlings!!! Give me a hug! wub.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2012, 04:43 PM) *

Kurt already went on a break with MF biggrin.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 22 2012, 01:29 PM) *

I still think they gonna try to sell him this summer, just that the whole sory will be conducted more quietly. I doubt Mancini just gonna forget about everything and I don't think he'll play him much, and it's not like they are lacking strikers.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 22 2012, 07:13 PM) *
I still think they gonna try to sell him this summer, just that the whole sory will be conducted more quietly. I doubt Mancini just gonna forget about everything and I don't think he'll play him much, and it's not like they are lacking strikers.

I doubt we'll be able to pay whatever fee they'd want for him. Especially if he plays well when he's given the chance
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2012, 09:42 PM) *
I doubt we'll be able to pay whatever fee they'd want for him. Especially if he plays well when he's given the chance

That's another thing but he won't stay at City for long (I don't think he'll play more than a few sub performances at best). Galliani already said that we are gonna try again to bring him this summer so this saga is far from over.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 22 2012, 08:01 PM) *
That's another thing but he won't stay at City for long (I don't think he'll play more than a few sub performances at best). Galliani already said that we are gonna try again to bring him this summer so this saga is far from over.

Galliani did not anticipate Mancini and Tevez making nice though. He'd expected to go in again for a player who absolutely did not want to be there, with a coach who absolutely did not want him there.

Now the situation is slightly different.

City will always have the financial edge, no matter what, just like they held out in January because we did not want to pay them their extortionate fee, the same will happen in the summer. It's either we pay them what they're asking or they're happy to let him rot.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Galliani did not anticipate Mancini and Tevez making nice though. He'd expected to go in again for a player who absolutely did not want to be there, with a coach who absolutely did not want him there.

It's still the case imo, it's just they decided to play nice for now. At least now Tevez will have a professional environment to train and keep himself in decent shape. Nothing really changed.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 22 2012, 08:43 PM) *
It still the case imo, it's just they decided to play nice for now. At least now Tevez will have a professional environment to train and keep himself in decent shape. Nothing really changed.

You might be right.

But my points after that will still hold whatever deal we have in place. Man City will not budge, while we cannot budge because we do not have the money.

Not even selling Pato would be enough, since they wanted around the 30 - 35m mark for him. And if it did come down to selling Pato, I'd rather we spent that money a little more wisely, if you know what I mean.
Jack Bauer
Of course we'll have to pay, we won't buy him for peanuts. I think it'll depend on Galliani convincing Berlu to contribute.
Its's less, they have agreed to about 25M but the issue was that they wanted us to make it like the Ibra deal - a permanent buy at the end of the loan - while we wanted it to be based on the amount of his performances or something like that.
kurtsimonw
Wolves say that their vacant managerial position is "not for a novice" then hire Terry Connor, who I've never even heard of. Enjoy the Championship.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 24 2012, 07:06 PM) *
Wolves say that their vacant managerial position is "not for a novice" then hire Terry Connor, who I've never even heard of. Enjoy the Championship.

I like McCarthy but this was always going to happen, I remember watching the Swansea game on Sky early in the season and they were on his back then. Chanting "you don't know what you're doing" when he made a couple of subs, those subs were then influential in clawing back from 2-0 down with about 5 minutes remaining to grab a draw.

Some fans seriously don't help their clubs at times. Did they think Jose was going to walk into the job or something?
kurtsimonw
Yeah. No Premier League manager is going to take the job because Woles are hardly a top team. Most decent Championship managers wouldn't because it wouldn't be much of a step up as Wolves are likely to go down anyway.
kurtsimonw
Gabby's first time captaining Villa with no Petrov in the side. Keane's last game before he heads back out to the MLS. Been a great loan signing, 4 starts and an 8 minute sub appearance, 3 goals. He's still got it.
kurtsimonw
Bent off with what looks like ligament damage. If it's bad, Villa are in trouble and England will be fucked for the Euros.
kurtsimonw
AMc out, absoloute shite again. Joke manager.
drucurl
Every week I feel more sorry for fernando Torres
kurtsimonw
Balo, Aguero and Dzeko all score. They really don't need Tevez.
Jack Sparrow
Chelsea win. And why not??!

acid911
Fabulous indeed. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.