Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 27 2011, 06:44 PM) *
I'll ignore the attack on my character and point out that I hate Evra far more than I dislike Suarez.

No attack on your character at all, just an observation on your logic. And I guess in your world 2 wrongs make a right?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 28 2011, 01:30 PM) *
No attack on your character at all, just an observation on your logic. And I guess in your world 2 wrongs make a right?

Not even sure what you mean by that, what 2 wrongs?
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 28 2011, 05:52 PM) *
Apparently the term he used was 'sudaca' though. Which translates to 'South American', which is not racist here. Suarez has a right to be offended or insulted if the word is considered bad in his homeland, but he shouldn't expect punishment for Evra as there's nothing wrong with it here in England.

It's quite funny though really. He says he shouldn't get punished for saying 'negro', because it's fine in Uruguay. Yet he wants Evra to get punished for saying 'sudaca' which I'm assuming - like in England - is not offensive in France. He wants Evra to be punished for the same defense he's using, it's absurd.

Oh it is. Sudaca is a derogatory term used for South Americans in Europe apparently and having been in Holland, I'm pretty sure Suarez knew exactly what it meant! wink.gif

Look..the deal is clear. I don't think either are racist. But you say whatever in the heat of the moment or to wind the opponent, whatever will work for you.

So if I were playing a game of football with you, and I'm getting frustrated at you, I would call you whatever I think would wind you up and knock your concentration.

I could call you an asshole or a SOB..but would that wind you up as much as if I called you a racist term? Sad but true!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 28 2011, 06:22 PM) *
Oh it is. Sudaca is a derogatory term used for South Americans in Europe apparently and having been in Holland, I'm pretty sure Suarez knew exactly what it meant! wink.gif

Not here. According to wiki it's a word exclusive to Spain aimed at Latin Americans. Suarez does know what it means, doesn't change the fact that it's not racist here. I'm sure if it got said in India people wouldn't get into trouble for it either.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 28 2011, 06:22 PM) *
I could call you an asshole or a SOB..but would that wind you up as much as if I called you a racist term? Sad but true!

There is no racist term for a white man that offends me. I do not give such power to any word. In a hypothetical situation, if I know there was an Indian term that's used against whites and you said it, if in English the translation was "white", I wouldn't really have an arguement, the police would just say there's nothing wrong with you calling me white.

This has gone on long enough though and I'm not interested in continuing it further. We clearly differ in how we see the situation.
kurtsimonw
Heskey's 1st season at Liverpool better than Suarez'?

biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 29 2011, 05:48 PM) *

They should make the comparison with Caroll...

How much did Liverpool pay for him again?
kurtsimonw
Think the difference is even Liverpool fans admit Carroll is poor. Suarez is better than Messi though.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 29 2011, 07:10 PM) *
Think the difference is even Liverpool fans admit Carroll is poor. Suarez is better than Messi though.

I personally think Suarez is a really good player, and his contribution to Liverpool goes beyond the amount of goals he scores. Carroll is just an outwright flop who cost them an arm and a leg.

At least they got one over Chelsea with the Torres sale.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 29 2011, 06:30 PM) *
I personally think Suarez is a really good player, and his contribution to Liverpool goes beyond the amount of goals he scores. Carroll is just an outwright flop who cost them an arm and a leg.

Yeah Carroll is probably the worst transfer of all time at this point.

I don't see it in Suarez. I'll get slagged off for this comparison, but..

Suarez for Liverpool: 31 games, 9 goals, 4 assists.
Bent for Villa: 30 games, 14 goals, 2 assists.

And to be honest, this season Bent has been disappointing, yet his output is still better than Suarez. And Ash can back me up that we are a very defensive, negative, team. Also a worse team, so Bent's job is far more difficult.

Suarez today was banned for the Newcastle game and fined £20k for his gesture in the Fulham game. His performances aren't good enough to make up for his cost and the trouble he causes in my opinion. He's a sideshow.
William405
Suarez is Liverpool.Without him,their form is just not the same.It's not always in statistics Kurt.You have to see how he plays with Liverpool,he basically runs the whole team...since Gerrard is absent.It's always been said that Liverpool are all about Gerrard and Torres were absent,Liverpool lose their edge.But,Suarez alone has helped Liverpool immensely,specially last season.Since,I haven't watched as much Livepool games this year.
kurtsimonw
Nah. Last season it was pretty much Meireles that did it all on his own which is why I don't understand them selling him. This season Liverpool is built 100% on defense. It's their attack that is so poor which is why they have a lot of draws or low scoring games.
Milan Are Brilliant
Looks like Thierry Henry will be re-joining Arsenal for a few months. Brings back memories.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 29 2011, 10:16 PM) *
Looks like Thierry Henry will be re-joining Arsenal for a few months. Brings back memories.

Isn't he a bit past it!?
kurtsimonw
Makes sense with Gervinho gone for the ACN I believe. Imagine it'll be a Henry-RvP-Theo front line. Can't hurt, Arshavin is dreadful and not sure who else can play wide left.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 30 2011, 11:49 AM) *
Isn't he a bit past it!?

Aside of RvP he's better than all their other forwards, even today.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 30 2011, 12:55 PM) *
Makes sense with Gervinho gone for the ACN I believe. Imagine it'll be a Henry-RvP-Theo front line. Can't hurt, Arshavin is dreadful and not sure who else can play wide left.

What happened to Arshavin? One minute he's the hottest thing around then next he's sitting on the bench behind Gervinho and Walcott...
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 30 2011, 01:10 PM) *
What happened to Arshavin? One minute he's the hottest thing around then next he's sitting on the bench behind Gervinho and Walcott...

Hit his peak, it lasted till summer 2009 and then he's been on a fairly sharp decline.

His peak was bloody brilliant, sensational at the 2008 Euros and for a while with Arsenal, but he's lost it now.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 29 2011, 10:56 PM) *
Nah. Last season it was pretty much Meireles that did it all on his own which is why I don't understand them selling him. This season Liverpool is built 100% on defense. It's their attack that is so poor which is why they have a lot of draws or low scoring games.

I agree that Merieles shouldn't have been sold,but I simply cannot agree with the fact that Suarez was anything but great for Liverpool.And,we often forget that he's in a new leauge etc...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 30 2011, 01:17 PM) *
Hit his peak, it lasted till summer 2009 and then he's been on a fairly sharp decline.

His peak was bloody brilliant, sensational at the 2008 Euros and for a while with Arsenal, but he's lost it now.

Yeah when Arsenal signed him I thought he was so good he could win them the title. He lacks any kind of confidence now.
kurtsimonw
Liverpool really struggling to score this season. They come up against a team with one of the beat defenses in the league. Suarez doesn't play and they manage a rare win at home and score 3. Not really surprising.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 31 2011, 06:48 AM) *
Liverpool really struggling to score this season. They come up against a team with one of the beat defenses in the league. Suarez doesn't play and they manage a rare win at home and score 3. Not really surprising.

Steven Gerrard absolutely dominated the latter part though, someone Suarez hasn't had all year wink.gif

The difference between Charlie Adam and Gerrard, is like the difference between me and Gerrard.
William405
Yeah,I can't believe the hate Suarez gets over here...Gerrard+Suarez will be an amazing combo,hopefully Gerrard doesn't get injured AGAIN.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 31 2011, 04:18 PM) *
Yeah,I can't believe the hate Suarez gets over here...Gerrard+Suarez will be an amazing combo,hopefully Gerrard doesn't get injured AGAIN.

What kind of combo? Who's going to score the goals?
William405
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 31 2011, 04:40 PM) *
What kind of combo? Who's going to score the goals?

Suarez ;p...Come on Suarez's finishing isn't that dreadful biggrin.gif
Gerrard as a second striker,like the days of Torres-Gerrard when they used to carry Liverpool,and almost won the leauge.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 31 2011, 05:04 PM) *
Suarez ;p...Come on Suarez's finishing isn't that dreadful biggrin.gif
Gerrard as a second striker,like the days of Torres-Gerrard when they used to carry Liverpool,and almost won the leauge.

It is, trust me, believe me.. I was fan of Suárez when he was at FC Groningen, and as Ajax fan my little dream came true when he signed for Ajax, but if anything, no matter how awesome he was for Ajax, his finishing was awful, simply awful. Pretty much any attack of Ajax went through Suárez, had Suárez involved. Suárez created a zillion chances a game for himself in the Dutch league, no one in the league came even close to what Suárez did. As a result, Suárez has missed an immense lot of chances, but still had nice scoring stats because of all the chances. His attacking skills are awesome, and he also bothers to defend, but finishing is by far his biggest weakness.

Isn't Suárez ruining lots of chances for Liverpool also? rolleyes.gif When has he been a good finisher?

Torres is a good finisher, miles better than Suárez, so of course that one worked. If Liverpool are smart, they sign someone who can finish (very) well, and play him along Suárez. Suárez is a very poor finisher, and Carrol, lol, let's not talk about him. That was truly one of the dumbest signings ever (considering the amount he cost).
Jack Bauer
Both United and Chelsea lose at home. AVB might be fired soon.
William405
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 31 2011, 06:12 PM) *
It is, trust me, believe me.. I was fan of Suárez when he was at FC Groningen, and as Ajax fan my little dream came true when he signed for Ajax, but if anything, no matter how awesome he was for Ajax, his finishing was awful, simply awful. Pretty much any attack of Ajax went through Suárez, had Suárez involved. Suárez created a zillion chances a game for himself in the Dutch league, no one in the league came even close to what Suárez did. As a result, Suárez has missed an immense lot of chances, but still had nice scoring stats because of all the chances. His attacking skills are awesome, and he also bothers to defend, but finishing is by far his biggest weakness.

Isn't Suárez ruining lots of chances for Liverpool also? rolleyes.gif When has he been a good finisher?

Torres is a good finisher, miles better than Suárez, so of course that one worked. If Liverpool are smart, they sign someone who can finish (very) well, and play him along Suárez. Suárez is a very poor finisher, and Carrol, lol, let's not talk about him. That was truly one of the dumbest signings ever (considering the amount he cost).

Yeah,it was mainly gonna be Caroll-Suarez lol,but we know what happened.
His finishing skills might have been dreadful,but really from what I watched from him last season,it seemed like he stepped up his game,I didn't see anything robinho like xD.This season,he might not be doing so well though.
X-Offender
ManU 2-3 Blackburn
Chelsea 1-3 Aston Villa

Kurt will be pleased.
kurtsimonw
Our record against Chelsea is stupidly good. Be surprised if even United equal it over recent years.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 31 2011, 05:12 PM) *

So basically you're telling us he's a Robinho that scores a couple more goals? tongue.gif

I think he's a very good player, and maybe his finishing is not as it should considering he's regarded as a top striker and all, but in terms of his contribution to the team I think he's very important for Liverpool

btw kurt, great game today from Villa. Chelsea though have been terrible this season imo (not to take anything from today's result)
kurtsimonw
Yet another dreadfully biased performance from the refs. God knows how Halsey is allowed to ref our games.
Calcio
Looks like we need to do Fergie yet another favor tomorow...

First we take his cast offs and crocks and now he can't even beat Man City without our help laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
How do you feel about the style of football under MON so far? Noticed much different?
kurtsimonw
Anyone seen the official Suarez report? I would say 'told ya so' but its even more 1-sided and disgraceful than I expected! On my phone right, but will put a link and such when I get home.
kurtsimonw
FA report on Suarez

Some of the key points from it:

358. Mr Suarez's account of his admitted use of the word "negro" changed several times. He seemed unsure of when the admitted use took place and what triggered it. His account seemed to change in an attempt to fit in with the video evidence.

356. Mr Suarez's pinching of Mr Evra's skin was not an attempt to defuse the situation. On the contrary, it was an attempt to aggravate Mr Evra and to inflame the situation. Mr Suarez's admitted use of the word "negro" when speaking to Mr Evra was not conciliatory and friendly. It was unfriendly and was used as part of Mr Suarez's attempt to wind up Mr Evra. The whole tenor of the exchanges was confrontational and argumentative. Adopting the words used by the Spanish language experts, Mr Suarez did not use "negro" with any sense of rapport or in an attempt to create such rapport.

361. Mr Suarez told us that he said "por que, negro?" in response to Mr Evra saying "Don't touch me, South American". At one point in his interview with the FA, Mr Suarez said that Mr Evra used the words "Don't touch me, sudamericano". In his evidence to us, he said that Mr Evra's words were "Don't touch me, South American", all in English.

364. We found that Mr Evra did not use the words "South American" when speaking to Mr Suarez. The language experts were not familiar with its use as an insult, Mr Evra's denial of his alleged use of it was plausible, we found Mr Suarez's evidence unreliable in many respects, and we found Mr Evra generally to be a credible witness.

In total, Mr Suarez used the word "negro" or "negros" seven times in the penalty area. On each occasion, the words were insulting. On each occasion, Mr Suarez breached Rule E3(1). Accordingly, the Charge is proved.
kurtsimonw
Sunderland beat Citeh with the last kick of the game by an offside goal. laugh.gif

It's amazing how this Sunderland team reminds me of Villa under MON. A bit of luck, late goals and an incosistant defense. The man gets resultsl.
il_diavolo_mtl
Sunderland beat Man city in the stadium of light with 4 seconds to go with an offside goal.
Calcio
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Martin O'Neill you utter Legend yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 1 2012, 11:52 AM) *
Sunderland beat Citeh with the last kick of the game by an offside goal. laugh.gif

It's amazing how this Sunderland team reminds me of Villa under MON. A bit of luck, late goals and an incosistant defense. The man gets resultsl.

MON has that special air about him, Sunderland have something to look forward to in 2012...
Calcio
Just to clear up Richards was offside when he hit the bar but it would have stood wink.gif
CrazyMilanFan
sunderland had the two bes chances so happy with the result
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jan 1 2012, 04:55 PM) *
MON has that special air about him, Sunderland have something to look forward to in 2012...

Sunderland will have a good few years. Though it'll get tiresome when he spends £10m and £120k a week on Carlton Cole and Emile Heskey in the summer. He's not stupid and he'll keep his good reputation going. Sunderland will finish midtable this year and battle for Europe next 2 seasons. Then he'll leave after his 3 year deal is up and the club is in a financial mess.
Calcio
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 1 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Sunderland will have a good few years. Though it'll get tiresome when he spends £10m and £120k a week on Carlton Cole and Emile Heskey in the summer. He's not stupid and he'll keep his good reputation going. Sunderland will finish midtable this year and battle for Europe next 2 seasons. Then he'll leave after his 3 year deal is up and the club is in a financial mess.

Can't see that tbh. Especially not the financial mess, the people at the club took us from that theres no way theyd take us back in to it. Also there not just any other board one is a club legend and the other expects returns from his investment so expect O'Neill to spend wisely

On the face of it the way he's started the talent is already at the club it just needed somebody to come in and put it together like a jigsaw. A 20 goal a season striker and i'd say we we look like a Europa League side
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Calcio @ Jan 1 2012, 05:04 PM) *
the other expects returns from his investment so expect O'Neill to spend wisely

He's not much of a businessman if he expects a return on investment in football. How many teams actually run a profit?

QUOTE (Calcio @ Jan 1 2012, 05:04 PM) *
A 20 goal a season striker and i'd say we we look like a Europa League side

They're hard to come by though. I personally think we got bargain for Bent and you won's see another proven 20 goal a season man go for that again. When players like Carroll are going for £35m..
kurtsimonw
2 goals as a result of individual mistakes cost us.

5 major decisions the refs have fucked us over on in the past 2 games. Good to see 2012 is going to be just like 10 and 11. God forbid we get a competent one. smile.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 2 2012, 07:01 PM) *
2 goals as a result of individual mistakes cost us.

5 major decisions the refs have fucked us over on in the past 2 games. Good to see 2012 is going to be just like 10 and 11. God forbid we get a competent one. smile.gif

smile.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Yeah, I still maintain Torquay would be better than Barca if it weren't for inept refereeing decisions biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 2 2012, 07:09 PM) *
Yeah, I still maintain Torquay would be better than Barca if it weren't for inept refereeing decisions biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Arsenal just lost to Fulham in the last minute. I have to say their defending is terrible, sure they gave away the 2 goals after the red card but their defensive work on set-plays is just awful. This is where we need to hit them when we come up against them.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 2 2012, 02:40 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Arsenal just lost to Fulham in the last minute. I have to say their defending is terrible, sure they gave away the 2 goals after the red card but their defensive work on set-plays is just awful. This is where we need to hit them when we come up against them.

Our tallest player takes the FKs... dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jan 2 2012, 08:48 PM) *
Our tallest player takes the FKs... dry.gif

I find it so strange that Aquilani does not take the corners and free-kicks. It's ok for Ibra to take the direct ones because he's got a bullet of a shot that could go in at any time. But I don't understand why Robinho for example would take the corners, Aquilani delivers them a lot better, I think Allegri likes to keep him at the edge of the area in case their is a loose ball he can smash in but it would be better to have him delivering the ball from these kinds of situations

EDIT: What's even worse than this is when we use the dreaded short corner, that just irritates me to no end
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.