Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
kurtsimonw
On a positive side of things, Fabrice has tweeted a picture of himself in hospital. Seems he's getting a lot better. Amazing recovery.
Danny
Leukemia is a form of cancer right? How serious is it, and how long before he's playing again?
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 30 2012, 04:04 PM) *
Leukemia is a form of cancer right? How serious is it, and how long before he's playing again?

From what I've read it is cancer of the blood, basically the body stops producing white blood cells. These white cells are the ones that protect you from illness and or infection. It can be cured but I'm not sure how long it will take.
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 30 2012, 06:43 PM) *
From what I've read it is cancer of the blood, basically the body stops producing white blood cells. These white cells are the ones that protect you from illness and or infection. It can be cured but I'm not sure how long it will take.

It depends on what stage it is and whether it's acute. And I think it's when the body starts producing too many white blood cells IIRC. Can't be sure...
X-Offender
Sad things that unfortunately happen. I hope he manages to overcome it.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 30 2012, 07:15 PM) *
It depends on what stage it is and whether it's acute. And I think it's when the body starts producing too many white blood cells IIRC. Can't be sure...

It is acute. Not sure if that's 'better' or worse.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 30 2012, 06:50 PM) *
It is acute. Not sure if that's 'better' or worse.

Depends on how fast they caught it. If it's acute and they caught it early then that's good, if it's acute and they did not catch it early then it would spread a lot faster than chronic leukemia would
han2503
Is this what you guys want in our team? Balo actually lashing out at his team captain because he wants to take the free-kick

Disgraceful stuff
kurtsimonw
Great win for the ref today. Gotta protect the Sky 4 £££ at all costs.

Great fight back to 2-2, Gabby goes through and linesman does nothing - but despite being miles away ref gives a foul for **** all.

Don't know what today anymore, this is what you get playing in a bent sport.
Milan Are Brilliant
Disgusting dive by Carroll, actually surprised they didn't get the decision. If it was Anfield it would have been a pen.
kurtsimonw
Stan Collymore has been raging on twitter about all the diving lately. They need to punish players afterwards and give them long bans, it's the only way to stop it. Same with crowding the referee. It'll soon make the managers make sure the players don't do it when the entire team is suspended for a game.
acid911
Reina sent off with a sweet read. laugh.gif laugh.gif Classic!
kurtsimonw
No subs left so Jose Enrique has to play in goal. biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Liverpool are terrible. King Kenny has to go, poor signings in the main, poor tactical awareness, Suarez can't play with Carroll because Carroll is absolutely shocking and clearly isn't a Premiership quality forward, certainly not at a top-level club.
X-Offender
How on earth did they pay £30 million for him?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Apr 1 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Liverpool are terrible. King Kenny has to go, poor signings in the main, poor tactical awareness, Suarez can't play with Carroll because Carroll is absolutely shocking and clearly isn't a Premiership quality forward, certainly not at a top-level club.

Suarez is absolute shite himself. Couldn't even score when Krul wasn't even on his line. Most shots off target in the EPL this season, says it all. Pretty much all of the big money signings have been flops, need to make more sensible signings like Enrique.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 1 2012, 03:35 PM) *
Suarez is absolute shite himself. Couldn't even score when Krul wasn't even on his line. Most shots off target in the EPL this season, says it all. Pretty much all of the big money signings have been flops, need to make more sensible signings like Enrique.

I still like Suarez, as a footballer anyway. Think if he was playing with another decent forward, not one as bad as Carroll there could be a good partnership there.

It's more Charlie Adam who I always said wasn't good enough for this sort of club, Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing, Andy Carroll etc signings who've been absolutely terrible.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 1 2012, 02:35 PM) *

To think, we got Ibra for 24...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 1 2012, 05:38 PM) *
To think, we got Ibra for 24...

And that's euros, not pounds. biggrin.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 1 2012, 05:35 PM) *

That was one crazy winter. £50 million for a fading Torres was a genius deal as well.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Apr 1 2012, 07:12 PM) *
That was one crazy winter. £50 million for a fading Torres was a genius deal as well.

It's like they stole a lot of money and then immediatly burned it.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Apr 1 2012, 06:39 PM) *
It's like they stole a lot of money and then immediatly burned it.

biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
smoke.gif And the toon go marching on... smile.gif
kurtsimonw
I honestly don't mind them doing well at the moment. Though that's probably because it just shows how really stupid the fans are - give them what they want and they get relegated. Employ a manager that none of them want because he's not good enough - bring of CL football. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Next season will be Liverpool's, what, 3rd consecutive year without CL? That's pretty bad for them.
kurtsimonw
Oh well. At least they have a manager that 'understands the club', results are secondary to that. biggrin.gif
William405
Newcastle fans are pathetic,why do they chant against Andy caroll?Do they think by anyway that they didn't get the finest deal in the club's history?The hate for Jose enrique as well...it's not like newcastle and liverpool are rivals.Maybe these kinda things happen in each match,but my cousin (newcastle fan),kept me updated(through twitter)bout the chants etc...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:04 PM) *
Newcastle fans are pathetic,why do they chant against Andy caroll?Do they think by anyway that they didn't get the finest deal in the club's history?The hate for Jose enrique as well...it's not like newcastle and liverpool are rivals.Maybe these kinda things happen in each match,but my cousin (newcastle fan),kept me updated(through twitter)bout the chants etc...

Because they both demanded to leave as soon as a better offer came along, rather than honour their contract. Newcastle fans are right to hate both - particularly Carroll - in my opinion.
kurtsimonw
VALENCIA! Yes, hope United hold on now.
kurtsimonw
YOOUUNG! Pin-point. Awesome finish on the turn. Game over.

Dedicated his goal to former team-mate Petrov, top man!
X-Offender
So, it's +5 now. Pretty bad slip from City.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 2 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Because they both demanded to leave as soon as a better offer came along, rather than honour their contract. Newcastle fans are right to hate both - particularly Carroll - in my opinion.

So,by your logic if they decided to stay,newcastle fans would have been happy for such a deal?I would understand bit jose enrique's hate,since he had his contract expiring.Fact is they rebuilt their whole team using some of that money...i just don't understand this bias kurt...while you would support ashley young anyday.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 3 2012, 09:41 AM) *
So,by your logic if they decided to stay,newcastle fans would have been happy for such a deal?I would understand bit jose enrique's hate,since he had his contract expiring.Fact is they rebuilt their whole team using some of that money...i just don't understand this bias kurt...while you would support ashley young anyday.

I'm sure they;re delighted with the deal, but it's still disrespectful to the club.

Ashley Young is different, he never handed in a transfer request and never complained when we rejected bids. He waited for us to accept a bid - which we did from Man U - and left with minimal fuss. The same goes for Milner going to Man City. Gareth Barry demanded to leave to Liverpool, but we refused, then he never asked to leave and we accepted a bid from Man City - so I can understand the hate he gets, but the excellent 10 years service he gave us over-does that for me. Stewart Downing, however, said he'll stay even if we get relegated because we gave him a 2nd chance in football.. then demands to leave and hands in a transfer request as soon as Liverpool make a bid - similar to Carroll/Enrique, hence the hate.

How would you feel if Silva refuses to play for the club and demands a transfer? You'd probably hate him.. even if we got £50m for him and he happened to be **** at his new club.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2012, 05:42 PM) *
I'm sure they;re delighted with the deal, but it's still disrespectful to the club.

Ashley Young is different, he never handed in a transfer request and never complained when we rejected bids. He waited for us to accept a bid - which we did from Man U - and left with minimal fuss. The same goes for Milner going to Man City. Gareth Barry demanded to leave to Liverpool, but we refused, then he never asked to leave and we accepted a bid from Man City - so I can understand the hate he gets, but the excellent 10 years service he gave us over-does that for me. Stewart Downing, however, said he'll stay even if we get relegated because we gave him a 2nd chance in football.. then demands to leave and hands in a transfer request as soon as Liverpool make a bid - similar to Carroll/Enrique, hence the hate.

How would you feel if Silva refuses to play for the club and demands a transfer? You'd probably hate him.. even if we got £50m for him and he happened to be **** at his new club.

I don't understand why they're obligated to stay in that club,if both clubs agreed on the fee,it's not like caroll was pushing his way out of the club,all sides were satisfied.I don't know if they said,they'll stay for the club til the end of their life.Furthermore,andy caroll took them from relegation,so I don't get the hate as well.

About Thiago Silva,I would respect his decesion,we got 50million,not like he pushed his way out for free.Everyone's a professional these days,there is nothing left for sentiment.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 3 2012, 06:59 PM) *
About Thiago Silva,I would respect his decesion,we got 50million,not like he pushed his way out for free.Everyone's a professional these days,there is nothing left for sentiment.

That's a rare philosophy seeing as some of the comments that came out after the Sheva deal.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 3 2012, 10:59 PM) *

*cough* Pirlo *cough* unsure.gif Agreed about the sentiments part, it's not the 90s anymore, sadly.
William405
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Apr 3 2012, 09:00 PM) *
That's a rare philosophy seeing as some of the comments that came out after the Sheva deal.

People would argue that sheva was something really special though wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 3 2012, 06:59 PM) *
I don't understand why they're obligated to stay in that club,if both clubs agreed on the fee,it's not like caroll was pushing his way out of the club,all sides were satisfied.

What? Newcastle rejected the offer, then Carroll handed in a transfer request, he forced the move. Newcastle didn't want to sell but he forced them to. Otherwise you risk them not playing/not putting any effort in.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2012, 09:23 PM) *
What? Newcastle rejected the offer, then Carroll handed in a transfer request, he forced the move. Newcastle didn't want to sell but he forced them to. Otherwise you risk them not playing/not putting any effort in.

He handed a transfer request maybe,but he didn't "say,I won't play or anything like that!",he simply wanted to move to a bigger club when they came knocking.And,the fee was good.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 3 2012, 07:44 PM) *
He handed a transfer request maybe,but he didn't "say,I won't play or anything like that!",he simply wanted to move to a bigger club when they came knocking.And,the fee was good.

Handing in a transfer request is basically saying I have no interest in playing. Once that is your mindset, you can't give it 100%.

It's quite odd that you can't see a problem with this? Handing in a transfer request is a HUGE disrespect to the club and the fans that pay your wages.
Jack Sparrow
^^

I agree with you. Except on the occasion where said player is not being played or continually benched and has for eg. his place in the NT at stake.

I think that's a very reasonable situation to hand in a transfer request.

And as for Carroll..it's obvious. He thought he was getting bigger than he actually was. Didn't realise that the team being built around him was what was doing it.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Handing in a transfer request is basically saying I have no interest in playing. Once that is your mindset, you can't give it 100%.

It's quite odd that you can't see a problem with this? Handing in a transfer request is a HUGE disrespect to the club and the fans that pay your wages.

Let's say you're in Blackburn,and you got an offer from United.The club rejected it,so you knew about that you had the possibility of playing in a big club.Wouldn't you try your best to go there?Yes,he was ambition,and yes his talent is almost negligible.But,he simply wanted to go to the another club,hence the handing in the transfer request.And,after all,do you think the transfer request affected his price tag?It could have been handled internally,but I guess Newcastle didn't want to let him go easily(which I think was a good plan to raise his price tag eventually).In the end,if the price tag is right,if the intentions of the player is to go to that club,then why should he be forced to stay against his own will.Yeah,he signed a contract,but we see these transfer moves happen everyday.

William405
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 4 2012, 11:53 AM) *
^^

I agree with you. Except on the occasion where said player is not being played or continually benched and has for eg. his place in the NT at stake.

And as for Carroll..it's obvious. He thought he was getting bigger than he actually was. Didn't realise that the team being built around him was what was doing it.

So,what?It is actually true though.

Handing in a transfer request=I don't want to play in this club anymore for whatever reason.

Under my understanding of contracts,you pay week by week(?).So,it's not like they payed him to play for that certain year.So,if the player wants to leave which is his right if the club finds the price tag they're looking for,then why not?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 4 2012, 09:53 AM) *
^^

Yeah I agree there. Though in that case the club likely doesn't want you anyway so probably wouldn't mind selling you.

QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 4 2012, 10:16 AM) *
Let's say you're in Blackburn,and you got an offer from United.The club rejected it,so you knew about that you had the possibility of playing in a big club.Wouldn't you try your best to go there?

Simple answer: If you don't want to stay at Blackburn for (exmaple) 4 years, don't sign a 4-year contract.

Unfortunately with the way the EU and UEFA are, contracts are seemingly only a 1 way thing which is a load of rubbish.
kurtsimonw
Cisse is superb.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 6 2012, 07:59 PM) *
Cisse is superb.

Yes,quality finisher.
X-Offender
The one Lazio gave away?
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 6 2012, 10:04 PM) *
The one Lazio gave away?

Nah,that guy is the exact opposite if you ask me wink.gif

It's Papiss Cissé that came from SC Freiburg.
kurtsimonw
Although Djibril has 3 in 5 so far on a very weak team, so he's doing well for himself.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 7 2012, 04:48 PM) *
Although Djibril has 3 in 5 so far on a very weak team, so he's doing well for himself.

Shows you how much the Italian leauge is tougher to score in wink.gif
(just kidding just kidding xD)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.