Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 19 2011, 03:14 AM) *
Just read through the last few pages and seemed to see no mention of SOUTHAMPTON 4-1 BIRMINGHAM CITY.

I'd just like to point it out.

laugh.gif

I see Lambert is top scorer in the Championship now as well, this guy needs to be in the Prem he's constantly scoring 20+ every season
kurtsimonw
Yeah, Lambert looks like he's too good for the Championship.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 19 2011, 03:19 AM) *
Yeah, Lambert looks like he's too good for the Championship.

He's so powerful, I think he's 6'2 or 6'3 but the strength he has is uncanny. Would perfectly fit a team like Stoke, not sure why no one has taken the punt on him yet, when you consider Swansea paid millions for a striker from Watford who had one good season.

-----------------------------------

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says he does not have enough depth to his midfield. laugh.gif laugh.gif

BBC
kurtsimonw
He must know he's going to look like a retard saying that.
Danny
Maybe he should have said 'available' holding midfielders. The guy's English leaves a bit to be desired and I suspect a lot gets lost in translation with him.
kurtsimonw
He has Barry, De Jong, Yaya, Kompany, Hargreaves and Zabaletta that can all play that role. Admittedky Kompany is now his #1 CB, but that's still 5 others that can play there.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 19 2011, 03:28 PM) *
He has Barry, De Jong, Yaya, Kompany, Hargreaves and Zabaletta that can all play that role. Admittedky Kompany is now his #1 CB, but that's still 5 others that can play there.

Exactly, lost in translation or not he needs some perspective. No one else in the league has the depth he has at his disposal, let alone the money to buy whomever.
Danny
Erm, half of them are either injured or not match fit. That's what he's moaning about.

When he's said 'I need more midfielders' he means 'I need my full midfield compliment available'.
kurtsimonw
4 of them aren't injured are they? And I believe Hargreaves is playing tonight so must be considered match fit. Most teams have 2 or 3 DMs, he has 5 and complains. Even if 3 of them are injured he's still in the same situation as pretty much every other club.

He's made himself look silly, in my opinion.
Danny
If I had 20 midfielders and the majority were unavailable for whatever reason, I'd whine too.
Milan Are Brilliant
Exactly, fact is when Mancini gets injuries he gets players in back-up who would start in most teams throughout the league. When others get it it's a youth team player, or a back-up player and I'm talking teams near the top. Get on with it Mancini I'm sure you can spend another £400m on back-up players in January rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Disgrace tonight. Possibly the worst individual performance I've seen in a Villa shirt from Albrighton tonight.

Going down at this rate. Get fit soon Benty!
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 20 2011, 06:59 PM) *
Exactly, fact is when Mancini gets injuries he gets players in back-up who would start in most teams throughout the league. When others get it it's a youth team player, or a back-up player and I'm talking teams near the top. Get on with it Mancini I'm sure you can spend another £400m on back-up players in January rolleyes.gif

Plain not true. His injuries forced him to field some 18 year old kid against Wigan.

Hargreaves isn't fit, De Jong and Milner are injured. He has Barry and Toure in the middle and that is it!

Yes, he has plenty of offensive midfielders like Johnson, Nasri, Silva blah blah. But for the engine room he has 2 fit players.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 20 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Disgrace tonight. Possibly the worst individual performance I've seen in a Villa shirt from Albrighton tonight.

Going down at this rate. Get fit soon Benty!

...going down? You do know Villa are 6th in the league?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 21 2011, 02:59 PM) *
...going down? You do know Villa are 6th in the league?

Problem is we haven't played anyone yet.

A: Fulham, Everton
H: Blackburn, Wolves, Newcastle

Okay the away games aren't easy, but Blackburn are the worst team in the league, in my opinion ad you'd expect at least 1 win against the other 2, if not to win both.

Christmas is going to be brutal for us.
kurtsimonw
Man City 2-0 Everton
-Balotelli & Milner

Arsenal 3-0 Bolton
-Van Persie (2), Song
-Wheater red card

Chelsea 4-1 Swansea
-Torres, Ramires (2), Drogba. Torres red card
-Williams

Liverpool 2-1 Wolvees
-Johnson OG, Suarez
-Fletcher

Newcastle 3-1 Blackburn
-Ba (3)
-Hoilett. Olsson red card.

West Brom 0-0 Fulham

Wigan 1-2 Spurs
-Diame. Gohouri red card.
-Van der Vaart, Bale.

Bale's first goal in 15 league games, nice scoring rate of 2 a season there.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2011, 05:13 PM) *
Bale's first goal in 15 league games, nice scoring rate of 2 a season there.

I'm trying to ignore the pundits who are already claiming he's getting back to his best. laugh.gif

Nani scores again, 1-0 United at the moment.
Jack Bauer
FT 1-1 Stoke deserved that draw, if not more.
Milan Are Brilliant
Yeah, tough place to go.

United sorely missed Rooney and Hernandez (after he had to go off). Think Vidic would have coped better too at CB, or perhaps Smalling but both are injured.
Milan Are Brilliant
Didn't look much of a pull but Villa leading 1-0 via a Pen. Deserve it though.
kurtsimonw
So another poor result. Always good to conceed from a goal kick that should've been a corner though. Great stuff as usual. Funny how Sky were moaning about QPR should've had a penalty, seeing as Kenny should've been sent off and we should've had another penalty for that assault on Delph.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2011, 07:59 PM) *
So another poor result. Always good to conceed from a goal kick that should've been a corner though. Great stuff as usual. Funny how Sky were moaning about QPR should've had a penalty, seeing as Kenny should've been sent off and we should've had another penalty for that assault on Delph.

Because it wasn't a penalty. You still deserved the lead but it wasn't a penatly.
kurtsimonw
All 4 of the penalty shouts were penalties for me. Not getting into this again though!
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2011, 10:41 PM) *
All 4 of the penalty shouts were penalties for me. Not getting into this again though!

They're always penalties when it's your own team wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 26 2011, 12:08 PM) *
They're always penalties when it's your own team wink.gif

Eh?

2 of the 4 were for QPR. huh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2011, 07:07 PM) *
2 of the 4 were for QPR. huh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Yeah I thought they were, I was trying to think of 4 occasions for Villa! I don't know what you mean by the Delph one, only can remember him sort of clattering into Kenny after taking the shot, though I was half watching the first half so may have missed it then. If it was that couldn't really see a penalty given for that, as he'd taken the shot etc, kind of the same with Hernandez last week.

The time it hit Hutton on the arm from the corner (I think it was) it looked a good shout. The one where the cross was coming in and it hit it, it looked very close to ball to hand, the only issue was his arm was out rather than tucked into his sides or behind his back like Luiz/Carvalho etc often defend. Still I think it would be harsh.
kurtsimonw
I think the Delph one is still a penalty because you can't take someone out like that even if the ball is gone. Even if the ref didn't want to give the penalty as Delph had shot, it's still a red card, Kenny went in at Delph's knees and could have possible been very dangerous. Surprised nobody picked up on it really!

I think the first of the Hutton handballs would've been harsh as his arm was practically behind his body, but it still hit his arm so culdn't really complain if it was given!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2011, 08:56 PM) *
I think the Delph one is still a penalty because you can't take someone out like that even if the ball is gone. Even if the ref didn't want to give the penalty as Delph had shot, it's still a red card, Kenny went in at Delph's knees and could have possible been very dangerous. Surprised nobody picked up on it really!

In all honesty I thought it was momentum from both players colliding, though I can't really remember too much to be able to comment more.
Danny
Rio Ferdinand the latest in an increasing line of alleged adulterers in the English game. It all started with Terry, then Cole, then Rooney, then of course Ryan Giggs. Now it's Ferdy's turn to commit it - far too many players appear to think they're above the rules of morality.

Just like Tiger Woods did till he got caught.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 29 2011, 03:42 PM) *
Rio Ferdinand the latest in an increasing line of alleged adulterers in the English game. It all started with Terry, then Cole, then Rooney, then of course Ryan Giggs. Now it's Ferdy's turn to commit it - far too many players appear to think they're above the rules of morality.

With all the Tweeting he does I'm surprised he's got time for one relationship, let alone others.
Milan Are Brilliant
Atkinson you moron, the death of the slide tackle is upon us.

This is now laughable. Liverpool have Atkinson on there side.

Great save Howard.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 1 2011, 01:11 PM) *
Atkinson you moron, the death of the slide tackle is upon us.

This is now laughable. Liverpool have Atkinson on there side.

Great save Howard.

His only defence was he went over the ball - and that's supposed to be outlawed.

I agree though, reality is it was a terrific tackle and never ever a red card.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 1 2011, 02:25 PM) *
His only defence was he went over the ball - and that's supposed to be outlawed.

I agree though, reality is it was a terrific tackle and never ever a red card.

There was a slight jump, but it wasn't a lunge it was just to strengthen the tackle, which was absolutely spot on. I honestly don't believe it's a foul, let alone a red card. I must be living in the dark ages of football. The sport today is just not what it was, which is a shame. 90's football beats this stuff hands down to me.
kurtsimonw
I fail to see how you can actually stop Gabby. He's easily the quickest player in England and out-muscles centre backs for fun. Unreal today.

Saw the Everton red card, what a joke. Bias still lives.
KillerMax
What a goal Agbonlahor scored today...
kurtsimonw
His assist was even better than his goal today. The way he just ran past Boyce was amazing and he's no slouch!

BEAST!
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 1 2011, 06:00 PM) *
I fail to see how you can actually stop Gabby. He's easily the quickest player in England and out-muscles centre backs for fun. Unreal today.

Saw the Everton red card, what a joke. Bias still lives.

Didn't I ask who Villa's best player was and suggested Agbonlahor and you dismissed me immediately?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 2 2011, 12:07 PM) *
Didn't I ask who Villa's best player was and suggested Agbonlahor and you dismissed me immediately?

Different kind of monster this season. Not sure whether it was lack of cofidence or what, but he was dreadful last season and we were better off without him. This season everything he touches is turning to goals.

Talking of dreaful. Fabian Delph yet again outclassed by a relegation type team. We played with 4 CMs which gave him more options to pass to, yet he still wasn't able to do anything. Most of Wigans attacks started through him, absoloutely shocking player and not EPL standard. AMc needs to drop him rather than trying to carry him every single week.
kurtsimonw
Danny Sturridge, 1-0 Chelsea after 90 seconds.

2-0, Lampard. 15 mins.

3-0, Sturridge.

4-0 Lampard, 27 minutes gone. laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
I know Bolton have had a tough start to the season, in terms of fixtures. Though they are getting battered every week seemingly, good stuff would love to not have to watch their 'brand' of football in the Premiership again.
kurtsimonw
Bolton score inside 60 seconds in the 2nd half!

Comeback is on! 4-1.
kurtsimonw
Lampard hat-trick. Superb football from Chelsea.
Milan Are Brilliant
Looks like another big victory in the league, starting to get a bit too many now.
William405
Tottenham defeated Arsenal 2-1.Ramesy was terrible,he misplaced more passes than Gattuso!Gervinho is horrible too.Bale used his pace quite well in the end of the match,average performance,he is much better in midfield though.
Milan Are Brilliant
Yeah, from what I've seen of Gervinho he looks pretty bad to be fair.

----------------------------------------

McClaren has resigned from Forest after failing miserably and leaving them just outside the relegation zone, this is why I don't rate him.
kurtsimonw
Just doesn't seem to be able to do it with the expectation. England, Wolfsburg and now Forest. Yet at Middlesbrough and FC Twente ha had some simply outstanding acheivements.
Milan Are Brilliant
I guess this goes here.

Accrington - Tranmere JPT game called off mid way through the game tonight because a 18 year old player has apparently broken his neck in a collision. Best wishes to him. No word on the extent of the injury obviously something like that can not only have career implications, but life too.
kurtsimonw
Jesus that's horrible.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 4 2011, 11:49 PM) *
Jesus that's horrible.

Weird biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 4 2011, 09:35 PM) *
I guess this goes here.

Accrington - Tranmere JPT game called off mid way through the game tonight because a 18 year old player has apparently broken his neck in a collision. Best wishes to him. No word on the extent of the injury obviously something like that can not only have career implications, but life too.

BBC say it was just a very bad case of concussion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.