Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 22 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Houghton named new manager of Birmingham. Of all the favourites, he's the worst, so I'm pleased with that.

He did a great job at Newcastle. Straight back up (ok, half expected but not certain) and got them comfortable in the Premiership, a lot more than can be said for recent managers. Birmingham have quite a decent chance of going back up now, in my opinion.

And I'm pleased Fergie has got Young, Anfield would have ruined him, Mancini would have put him on the bench and Wenger would have still used Walcott... laugh.gif

This will make United a lot stronger, that's for sure.
dst
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 23 2011, 10:56 AM) *
And I'm pleased Fergie has got Young, Anfield would have ruined him, Mancini would have put him on the bench and Wenger would have still used Walcott... laugh.gif

Why shouldn't he use Walcott, what do you mean? huh.gif

---

by the way, where has Locke Lamora been, is anyone in contact with him?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 23 2011, 09:09 AM) *
Why shouldn't he use Walcott, what do you mean? huh.gif

I think you'd be a fool to play Walcott over Young personally.
Danny
Cuellar saga rumbles on - we've been quoted £3M. I think we'll pay that.

In other news Arsenal are reported to be preparing a £12M bid for McGregor.
kurtsimonw
Cuellar used in the unveiling of the away shirt today, always a good sign. Anything under £5m would be awful business.

I don't imagine we've actually been interested in McGregor if that's his price then. Would rather pay out on Foster or get Al Habsi on cheap.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 23 2011, 04:08 PM) *
Cuellar used in the unveiling of the away shirt today, always a good sign. Anything under £5m would be awful business.

Yet Villa quote us £3m? Our owner was on SSN saying there's a deal to be done there.

I don't imagine we've actually been interested in McGregor if that's his price then. Would rather pay out on Foster or get Al Habsi on cheap.

I'd rather keep him than receive £12M for him.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 23 2011, 09:11 PM) *
Yet Villa quote us £3m? Our owner was on SSN saying there's a deal to be done there.

Think it's more paper talk than anything I think, Villa generally release nothing to the media until it's all over.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 24 2011, 02:36 AM) *
Think it's more paper talk than anything I think, Villa generally release nothing to the media until it's all over.

Thats how it should be .. All this media frenzy just complicates things; bound to affect the deal in some way 96.gif
kurtsimonw
Barca have had a £27m bid for Cesc rejected apparently. This is why I don't see Milan signing him, I imagine you're looking at £35m-£40m to sign him and we're too worried about the finance rules.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 24 2011, 04:03 PM) *
Barca have had a £27m bid for Cesc rejected apparently. This is why I don't see Milan signing him, I imagine you're looking at £35m-£40m to sign him and we're too worried about the finance rules.

Going by the stupid fees these days, 27M is too low. He's, going by the ridiculous numbers floating about, a £50M player.
kurtsimonw
Sky have suspended betting on Given to join Villa. £5m is a bit to pay for 35 year old shot-stopper. Would rather have someone who commands his area much better than Given can.

Ethrington, Milner, N'Zogbia and Caneles (loan) being other links for us.
Fillipo Simone
Milner? Hmh, how do you rate him nowdays?
kurtsimonw
I still rate him. He'll be evn more determined if he were to come back to force his way back into the England first XI. He's never going to start regularly sitting on the City bench.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 29 2011, 03:38 PM) *
Sky have suspended betting on Given to join Villa. £5m is a bit to pay for 35 year old shot-stopper. Would rather have someone who commands his area much better than Given can.

Given is a magnificent goalie, despite supporting Celtic. He'd be a brilliant signing for you.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2011, 08:34 PM) *
Given is a magnificent goalie, despite supporting Celtic. He'd be a brilliant signing for you.

I used to rate him back when he was a magpie .. Now i see many flaws in his game. Yet experience beats youth in my books king.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 29 2011, 03:38 PM) *

I'd rather have a decent shot stopper to be fair. He's only a couple of inches off Buffon and might be around the same height as Friedel. He's deceivingly not small. Look at Iker, not even 6ft. Unless you mean in terms of voice, and from what he used to show at Newcastle at times I'm sure he can do that.

Someone younger? Perhaps, for that valuation anyway.
TriniKing_CE
Since Arsenal Last Won a Trophy laugh.gif

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/3
Danny
Speaking of Arsenal, apparently they're selling both Clichy and Nasri to Man City.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2011, 06:08 PM) *
Speaking of Arsenal, apparently they're selling both Clichy and Nasri to Man City.

United are battling for Nasri too, all of a sudden United look like a big spending power again. Remember the debt is with the Glaziers folks before that gets used.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 29 2011, 10:17 PM) *
I'd rather have a decent shot stopper to be fair. He's only a couple of inches off Buffon and might be around the same height as Friedel. He's deceivingly not small. Look at Iker, not even 6ft. Unless you mean in terms of voice, and from what he used to show at Newcastle at times I'm sure he can do that.

Someone younger? Perhaps, for that valuation anyway.

I mean coming for crosses and stuff. As I said to you before, he reminds me of a poor mans Bosnich. Bozzie woulc come for everything if there was the slightest possibility he would get there and was a great shot-stopper too. Given doesn't do it and it puts alot more pressure on your defenders. I don't think you can really go wrong for £5m I suppose, it's just that he's 35 which isn't young, even for a keeper.

Some other crazy links for us today: Diego (Wolfsburg). Papers are funny.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2011, 06:08 PM) *

Selling Nasri would be a mistake, but Clichy is an awful defender and has been for a while now. I suppose they're just cashing in him on and City are the only team stupid enough to pay alot.
kurtsimonw

And they sold Craig Gardner to Sunderland. No doubt Gardner will come out saying he's a lifelong Sunderland fan in his interview.
Kazdoodle
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 1 2011, 08:57 PM) *

And they sold Craig Gardner to Sunderland. No doubt Gardner will come out saying he's a lifelong Sunderland fan in his interview.

Kits look cheap and imitationy of Us and Inter Milan (or Atalanta if you wish)
kurtsimonw
Carson Yeung on trial

Birmingham in the **** even more than I could ever have hoped. Their financial situation was awful at best anyway. They've already sold one of their top players at a cut price. Hopefully teams start to low-ball them for the likes of Dann and Foster knowing the trouble they're in.
Kazdoodle
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 2 2011, 04:35 PM) *
Carson Yeung on trial

Birmingham in the **** even more than I could ever have hoped. Their financial situation was awful at best anyway. They've already sold one of their top players at a cut price. Hopefully teams start to low-ball them for the likes of Dann and Foster knowing the trouble they're in.

Holy shh. they have fallen almightily fast
I remember i think they were on some undefeated streak or something and near at the point of being ahead of villa and such. now its all collapsed for them. Should raid em hard
Milan Are Brilliant
Well Torquay have decided to get rid of everyone good, and to top it off today Zebroski left. I'm actually tempted to bet on us going down now, but that's kinda wrong isn't it?
kurtsimonw
Yeah, you shouldn't bet on your own team to lose. I try to not bet on Villa at all.
vahid
Gael Clichy in 2009: 'I really believe if you are a player who thinks only about money then you could end up at Manchester City.'
sleep.gif
X-Offender
So, Clichy to ManCity is official. Good signing for City, though don't they have Kolarov in that position?
Danny
QUOTE (vahid @ Jul 4 2011, 08:39 PM) *
Gael Clichy in 2009: 'I really believe if you are a player who thinks only about money then you could end up at Manchester City.'
sleep.gif

In 2009 they weren't serious challengers for anything. They weren't in the CL, nor were they in the top 4.

Things have changed.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2011, 02:43 AM) *
So, Clichy to ManCity is official. Good signing for City, though don't they have Kolarov in that position?

I think Kolarov is used more as a winger than a FB.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2011, 02:43 AM) *

Clichy is a strange one, sometimes he looks great then other times he makes silly mistakes that ultimately cost the team. Can remember a fair few occasions when he was at fault in the previous few seasons, resulting in goals being conceded.
kurtsimonw
Clichy is bad.
kurtsimonw
Villa reject £15m offer from Liverpool for Downing. Rumour is we will accept £19m, what the hell?

Levy wants to talk with Modric about his future. If I were him, I'd tell Modric he shouldn't have been so greedy and signed a 6 year contract, so he will spend his next 5 years as a Spurs player.
Danny
Adam to Liverpool looks a goer.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 6 2011, 03:55 PM) *
Adam to Liverpool looks a goer.

Still can't believe these big clubs really rate him so highly. I mean he was hardly that great for you was he? Think it's a case of a decent player in a pretty low-skilled team, I'm sure he won't actually do anything of major note.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jul 6 2011, 04:12 PM) *
Still can't believe these big clubs really rate him so highly. I mean he was hardly that great for you was he? Think it's a case of a decent player in a pretty low-skilled team, I'm sure he won't actually do anything of major note.

I have a sh1tload I could say about Charlie Adam, but I'll not bother wasting everyone's time.

The most telling stat I saw was on SSN the other day, comparing him with the likes of Gerrard, Lucas and some others. He came out on top in goal stats and assists, but his pass completion rate was the lowest.

Which basically sums him up - he can score goals, yes, and he can create chances, but for a midfielder he really lacks the ability to carry out the basics of the game. He's like a Hollywood player - with talent, yes, but a disregard for the bread and butter of football.

The only good thing I can really say about him is his moving to Liverpool will net Rangers a windfall sell on fee.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 7 2011, 08:26 PM) *
Which basically sums him up - he can score goals, yes, and he can create chances, but for a midfielder he really lacks the ability to carry out the basics of the game. He's like a Hollywood player - with talent, yes, but a disregard for the bread and butter of football.

That's pretty much how I see him, a Match of the Day player. So many goals they conceeded last season were due to his lack of tracking back to help out.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 7 2011, 08:26 PM) *

The only good thing I can really say about him is his moving to Liverpool will net Rangers a windfall sell on fee.

Agreed, completely. As Kurt says the amount of times he loses the ball and doesn't track back. I mean when he was playing for Scotland against Brazil he was completely out of his depth on that day. I see him as an ideal mid-table to low end-team but I just can't see him producing the goods at a team challenging for Champions League.
kurtsimonw
Paul Scholes used to make enemies only when one of his poorly timed challenges sent an opponent sprawling.

Now, after calling some of his old England team-mates ‘selfish’ and claiming they were more interested in personal glory than playing in a winning team, a few well-known names may feel tempted to cross the former Manchester United midfielder off their Christmas card list.

But who did Scholes have in mind when he complained: ‘I always felt that players, especially at clubs like your Aston Villas, try to use England as a way to get to a top club. I think they are very selfish people.’
Big money move: Gareth Barry left Villa for City in 2009

Scholes isn’t saying but some might be tempted to read that as a criticism of former Villa player Gareth Barry, whose England career was in its infancy when Scholes quit the international game seven years ago.

Certainly, Barry’s England form helped him make his £12million move from Villa to Manchester City two years ago, but that was only after he had spent four years in the international wilderness following Sven Goran Eriksson’s initial interest in him.

Makes me laugh this one.

I don't think a guy who spent his entire career being pampered by United, earning millions a year, winning tonnes of trophies and someone who retired from his country at a young age has any right to say anything about anyone.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 10 2011, 07:02 AM) *
I don't think a guy who spent his entire career being pampered by United, earning millions a year, winning tonnes of trophies and someone who retired from his country at a young age has any right to say anything about anyone.

unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
He's criticising players for 'using' England to try and get a move to a bigger club (which is a ridiculous statement), when he himself turned his back on his country. I don't think he can really take a moral high ground on this one.
Rossoneri7
Paul Scholes turned his back on England at a young age ?
dst
he was still only 30 when he retired, wasn't he? he was not a teenager but it was early.
kurtsimonw
He retired from England at 29. I think retiring from International football is bad enough, but in your 20s? Horrible.
Milan Are Brilliant
Looks like Downing is going to Liverpool.
kurtsimonw
£20m aint bad, think we could have got a bit more.

GK: Guzan/????
RB: Young/????
CB: Cuellar/Collins
CB: Dunne/Clark
LB: Warnock/????
RM: Albrighton/????
CM: Petrov/Delph
CM: Makoun/Ireland
LM: ????/????
ST: Bent/Delfouneso
ST: Agbonlahor/Heskey

We need a #1 keeper and left winger desperately, then backup for the full-backs and wide players. We've made around £40m off the Young/Downing sales so will be interesting to see who we go after. Given and N'Zogbia seem to be the names thrown around the most.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 14 2011, 03:33 AM) *
£20m aint bad, think we could have got a bit more.

Hearing you may get J.Cole as well. Oh dear.
Danny
Villa apparently accept £2M bid from Rangers for Cuellar.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jul 15 2011, 11:37 AM) *
Hearing you may get J.Cole as well. Oh dear.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 15 2011, 01:15 PM) *
Villa apparently accept £2M bid from Rangers for Cuellar.

Both of these things would probably see us relegated with our current team. Though when we accept bids there's a club statement on the official site, so either it's not up yet or it's just paper talk.
Danny
The strong speculation is he's at Murray Park taking a medical and negotiating personal terms.

btw, I rate Cole highly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.