Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
X-Offender
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 11 2012, 11:14 PM) *
carling cup is 2 leg...

kurtsimonw
What's going on? I was told you can't cope if your team doesn't have a racist, ball hog diving everywhere.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 11 2012, 09:41 PM) *
2 footed lunge just now by Johnson on Lescott, not even a yellow wink.gif

Missed this earlier. In my opinion it should've been a red, but it wasn't as bad as Kompany's as he went on his side and could've slowed himself down easily if he felt he was going to harm the other player. Bad decision from the referee though. SSN have spotlighted it today which suggest they also feel it should've been a red, or they wouldn't have even mentioned it.

EDIT: This quote sums it up for me from another forum:

The mentality that it is only a foul if somebody gets a broken ankle is something which has to change in football. It's like saying you should only need to wear a seatbelt on the days where you actually crash your car.

Both Johnson and Kompany got the ball and made little contact with the player, but it really makes no difference. Both feet leave the floor = straight red.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 12 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Missed this earlier. In my opinion it should've been a red, but it wasn't as bad as Kompany's as he went on his side and could've slowed himself down easily if he felt he was going to harm the other player. Bad decision from the referee though. SSN have spotlighted it today which suggest they also feel it should've been a red, or they wouldn't have even mentioned it.

EDIT: This quote sums it up for me from another forum:

Both Johnson and Kompany got the ball and made little contact with the player, but it really makes no difference. Both feet leave the floor = straight red.

It got so much attention because not even a week ago Kompany was sent off for the exact same thing, thus the fuss being made about it.
kurtsimonw
But they're saying it should've been a red. Had they been saying "The ref got it right, Kompany was unfairly dismissed" then fair enough, but that's not the case.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 12 2012, 09:10 PM) *
But they're saying it should've been a red. Had they been saying "The ref got it right, Kompany was unfairly dismissed" then fair enough, but that's not the case.

I wasn't talking about whether the pundits agree or not but the comparison with the 2 decisions for the same offense. Obviously it will get attention after the Kompany decision
kurtsimonw
Mr. Bosnich 40 today. Personally think he was the best keeper in the league for a few years. Managed to save us from relegation and win us a trophy when he took over as our #1. Then in '96 lead us to 4th and another Cup win. He was pretty much Given + being one of those keepers that had a knack for saving penalties.

kurtsimonw
Aston Villa are tracking Slovenian international midfielder Armin Bacinovic, according to his agent.

The 22-year-old went on record saying he wanted to play in the Premier League before eventually signing a new five-year contract at Serie A outfit Palermo.

However, the former Maribor star has since been frozen out at the Stadio Renzo Barbera by head coach Bortolo Mutti and his agent has now confirmed that the Midlands giants are in the running to sign him during the January transfer window along with Chievo and Napoli.

Amir Ruznic told Zurnal24: "Everything is still open at the moment. Aston Villa are really serious, but as are Chievo.

"I really thought that by the weekend, everything would be sorted, but I have a feeling that we might just have to wait until the very last few days of the transfer window.

"It's a fact that Armin would like to stay with his current club Palermo, but only if he could play regular first-team football.

"President Maurizio Zamparini has a high opinion of him, but we'll see what talks with other clubs will eventually bring to us."

Would be one way to get mtl to take interest in Villa games. biggrin.gif
William405
Zamparini will get Palermo to Serie B.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Mr. Bosnich 40 today. Personally think he was the best keeper in the league for a few years. Managed to save us from relegation and win us a trophy when he took over as our #1. Then in '96 lead us to 4th and another Cup win. He was pretty much Given + being one of those keepers that had a knack for saving penalties.

And yet everytime I think of him I think of the Jersey pull by Shearer incident biggrin.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 13 2012, 04:40 PM) *
Zamparini will get Palermo to Serie B.

When you think of all the big names they've sold in the last few years (Barzagli, Zaccardo, Grosso, Amauri, Cavani, Pastore, Cassani, Sirigu, Nocerino etc.) and that none of those money were invested wisely, it really goes to show you what a complete buffoon Zamparini is for blaming it all on the coaches instead. Pathetic individual.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2012, 09:43 PM) *
Pathetic individual.

Barely an individual. sleep.gif Waste of human cells.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 13 2012, 03:49 PM) *
And yet everytime I think of him I think of the Jersey pull by Shearer incident biggrin.gif

3 things stick out for me when I think of Bozzie.

1) Cup SF 2nd leg vs Tranmere. We go to sudden death penalties and we miss. They score and they make the Final, he saves the next 2 and takes us to the Final instead.

2) Cupp 2nd round vs small heath. Spink gets injured, Bozzie comes on and saves a penalty on our way to winning the Cup.

3) Nazi salute vs Spurs. laugh.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2012, 10:04 PM) *
3) Nazi salute vs Spurs. laugh.gif

What was that about?
kurtsimonw
Spurs have a lot of Jewish fan. He said it was "banter". I think you stepped over the line a little there, Mark. laugh.gif

Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 14 2012, 02:17 AM) *
I think you stepped over the line a little there, Mark. laugh.gif

Yeah, pretty stupid thing to do, to say the least.

Speaking about Spurs, they are having a great season. Most are talking about the Manchester teams but Spurs are only 3 point from first place and way ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 14 2012, 01:17 AM) *
Spurs have a lot of Jewish fan. He said it was "banter". I think you stepped over the line a little there, Mark. laugh.gif

Hitler was not that fat.
kurtsimonw
I believe Jurgen Klinsmann was the last person to call Bozzie fat.

CHU-LIP
Bozzie? What kind of name is that?
kurtsimonw
A nickname?
kurtsimonw
Same old Villa.

real poor first half from both teams. 2nd half we must have had about 99% posession and yet we still find a way to conceed. Have to turn that kind of domination into goals. Ireland and Bent very good today though and a nice 15 minutes from Keane.
Milan Are Brilliant
Torquay won again, somehow we are now 1 place outside of play-offs, we're 100 times worse than we were last year we just seem to get wins for some reason.
X-Offender
After Henry, it's Scholes' time to score. smile.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2012, 10:07 AM) *
Would be one way to get mtl to take interest in Villa games. biggrin.gif

I always did like Villa, though i must admit, if you guys pick Armin up, i will make a bigger commitment to following you Villans smile.gif . He plays alot like Van Bommel, Strong, good passing range and, on his day, can command the midfield. All in all he's a great prospect (22yo) and i have no idea why Palermo aren't respecting his potential, considering their midfield options without Pastore & Nocerino...

I just want all the slovenians to move out of Palermo because the coach, whoever it is this week dry.gif , will never try to play youth if every game might be his last. Bacimovic, Kurtic and Andjelkovic should all go to Udinese, where not only do they know how to groom youth, but they would feel at home playing with Handanovic (who may never leave Udine on account of how much he loves the city). It means the world to me that most of the slovenian starlets are chosing serie A teams, and that tactical discipline surfaces for the NT.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jan 15 2012, 12:08 AM) *
I always did like Villa, though i must admit, if you guys pick Armin up, i will make a bigger commitment to following you Villans smile.gif .

At least you can spell our nickname right, unlike most people. biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Great game between Arsenal & Swansea.
kurtsimonw
So Gary Cahill officially joins Chelsea. I think he's a top defender (all bias aside), but I don't think he is what they need. Don't know many teams who have 2 CBs who are that aggressive, they're too similar. They needed someone more like Luiz - except being able to defend.
Milan Are Brilliant
Guess he passed his medical then after that weird blood clot injury he got a little while back.
kurtsimonw
Could be the end for Darlington after 128 years. Today their manager and playing staff have all been redundant and at the moment their game at the weekend is not going ahead.

It's a shame when a club could end up like this due to mismanagement. Despite being in League 2 they built a 25,000 seater stadium (of which only around 10,000 can be used due to local planning laws). Apparently some interested parties may be looking to buy the club, but it is unlikely given all that needs to be done in such a short space of time.
kurtsimonw
So derby games at Wolves tomorrow. We've not lost their since 1978, but that'll come to an end tomorrow. 3-1 Wolves whilst McLeish does his best to defend for 90 minutes.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 20 2012, 12:27 PM) *
So derby games at Wolves tomorrow. We've not lost their since 1978, but that'll come to an end tomorrow. 3-1 Wolves whilst McLeish does his best to defend for 90 minutes.

skip the foreplay and sign Moyes already... tongue.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 20 2012, 05:27 PM) *

Get dreary O'Leary back.
Milan Are Brilliant
After watching such a great game in Arsenal - Swansea last week I possibly just watched the most boring game in my life. Terrible, utterly terrible.

Hopefully tomorrow's will be better.
kurtsimonw
Sky shouldve had the Midlands derby on, what an amazing away day!

Robbie. Fucking. Keane. That 2nd goal was superb!
kurtsimonw
Oh and **** Karl Henry. Enjoy your 3 game ban and costing your team a local derby. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Jesus, just finished watching MotD. There's about 10 goal of the season contenders scored today alone!
Milan Are Brilliant
If Defoe wasn't so small Spurs would have won that.

City should have been down to 9 men, disgraceful from Balotelli & Lescott, a clear stamp and elbow respectively, missed by Mr Webb.

And people say United are handed games laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Defoe and King did a great job at costing Spurs their chance at a league title. Brilliant. biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 22 2012, 03:31 PM) *
Defoe and King did a great job at costing Spurs their chance at a league title. Brilliant. biggrin.gif

Poor officiating gave them the game, no doubt. Savic is useless too.

Ah well, people will only complain if it happens to United, this will probably get missed.
kurtsimonw
I wanted City to win personally, But yeah the Lescott/Balo decisions were really blatent reds.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 22 2012, 03:43 PM) *
I wanted City to win personally, But yeah the Lescott/Balo decisions were really blatent reds.

I can see how he missed the Lescott one, but he's looking at Balotelli when he stamps on Parker laugh.gif

United - Arsenal next. Was half expecting to see Henry start, he's not even in the squad. Keen to see how Chamberlain does who from what I have seen looks a better, younger version of Walcott, not that that's particularly hard.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 22 2012, 04:46 PM) *
I can see how he missed the Lescott one, but he's looking at Balotelli when he stamps on Parker laugh.gif

United - Arsenal next. Was half expecting to see Henry start, he's not even in the squad. Keen to see how Chamberlain does who from what I have seen looks a better, younger version of Walcott, not that that's particularly hard.

Only saw the first 30 minutes of the game and the part during the Milan HT, which incidentally was the 15 minutes in which 3 goals were scored biggrin.gif

What was the end result?

Hopefully Arsenal do better than the 8-2 result this time round...
Milan Are Brilliant
3-2 City. Great game, 1st half was a bore. Last minute pen for City, definite pen. Though Lescott & Balotelli should have been off for an elbow and stamp respectively, and pretty clear ones I don't think anyone could doubt that.

It's fair to say it won't be 8-2 again, I think Arsenal could win this. Don't see United winning to be honest, especially with Carrick and Evans playing.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 22 2012, 05:01 PM) *
3-2 City. Great game, 1st half was a bore. Last minute pen for City, definite pen. Though Lescott & Balotelli should have been off for an elbow and stamp respectively, and pretty clear ones I don't think anyone could doubt that.

It's fair to say it won't be 8-2 again, I think Arsenal could win this. Don't see United winning to be honest, especially with Carrick and Evans playing.

Hmm, I'm not surprised by actions from either player. and people want this red card hazard on our team rolleyes.gif

Hopefully. It would open up a 6 point gap at the top. Pretty difficuilt with the fixtures coming up for Man U
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 22 2012, 04:05 PM) *
Hmm, I'm not surprised by actions from either player. and people want this red card hazard on our team rolleyes.gif

If you play Balo, you run the risk of ending up with 10 men, but he'll win you games. If you play Pato, you are playing with 10 men and he won't win you games.
kurtsimonw
We're being taken over!

han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 22 2012, 05:07 PM) *
If you play Balo, you run the risk of ending up with 10 men, but he'll win you games. If you play Pato, you are playing with 10 men and he won't win you games.

Funny, what was he doing last season when he won us huge games in the run in? Chievo, Napoli, Inter? Did he accomplish that telepathically? rolleyes.gif

Pato is probably having his worst season for us. No one is denying that. Still no one can deny that he has a great goal return and everyone can suffer through a bad season when any good form just alludes you.

Still I'd rather Pato, as I know he'll pick up form again than Balo, who's just a liability for the team, even if he has scored some important goals for City this season
Milan Are Brilliant
Wow, Arsenal have been bad. And if any of you guys are watching can you see why I don't rate Walcott, and this isn't a massive surprise he's playing like this he plays like this 95% of the time.

As I said an hour or so ago in this thread Chamberlain looks like the better prospect, and the more dangerous for us in the tie.
kurtsimonw
Don't think either will ever be top players. United 1-0 at HT, Valencia.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 22 2012, 05:01 PM) *
Don't think either will ever be top players. United 1-0 at HT, Valencia.

Walcott isn't even what I'd deem a good player.

Too early to call Chamberlain yet but he seems to actually have the ability to run and see team-mates around him, something that Walcott physically can't do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.