Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 2 2012, 02:58 PM) *
I find it so strange that Aquilani does not take the corners and free-kicks. It's ok for Ibra to take the direct ones because he's got a bullet of a shot that could go in at any time. But I don't understand why Robinho for example would take the corners, Aquilani delivers them a lot better, I think Allegri likes to keep him at the edge of the area in case their is a loose ball he can smash in but it would be better to have him delivering the ball from these kinds of situations

EDIT: What's even worse than this is when we use the dreaded short corner, that just irritates me to no end

Arsenal have used it 3-4 times against Fulham to great effect, i would think they practice it in training, therefore there would be a lesser advantage to doing it against them...you would think...
han2503
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jan 2 2012, 09:01 PM) *
Arsenal have used it 3-4 times against Fulham to great effect, i would think they practice it in training, therefore there would be a lesser advantage to doing it against them...you would think...

I don't think I've ever seen us create a single scoring opportunity off of one of them. And in reality I just don't get why we would even use such a tactic seeing as we have a lot of physically strong as well a couple of tall players to aim at.
Jack Bauer
Newcastle 3 - United 0 cool.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
They deserved it too, United seriously need Young and Cleverly back. Carrick is just awful.
X-Offender
What's it with the Premier League playing every day for the past five days when the rest of the world is on holidays?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 5 2012, 12:27 AM) *
What's it with the Premier League playing every day for the past five days when the rest of the world is on holidays?

One of the busiest times of the year in English football to be honest, the only reason it's not on this weekend is due to the 3rd round of the FA Cup. The way Christmas/New Year fell this year meant there were going to be a lot of mid-week games.
il_diavolo_mtl
Aston Villa are interested in signing Didier Drogba in a move that could pave the way for the shock January exit of Darren Bent, Goal.com has learned.

DON'T MISS
Chelsea in talks with Drogba over contract
The Midlands club have expressed an interest in swooping for the Chelsea veteran, who turns 34 in March.

Drogba is out of contract in the summer and talks over an extension at Stamford Bridge have reached a stalemate, with the Londoners unwilling to exceed the one-year deal currently on the table.

However, Villa have indicated they would be willing to give Drogba the two-year contract that he wants from Chelsea.

Although Villa manager Alex McLeish has admitted he has limited funds to spend in this month’s transfer window, the sale of club-record signing Bent would free up the cash to match Drogba’s current salary of around £120,000-a-week.

Goal.com understands that Villa are expecting a fight this month to hold on to Bent, who is attracting strongly rumoured interest from Liverpool.

The Reds' director of football Damien Comolli is a big admirer of Bent and was influential in taking the player to Tottenham from Charlton Athletic in 2007 when the Frenchman was at White Hart Lane.

Although Villa stress their prize asset is not for sale at any price, one source with knowledge of the situation said: “Villa are steeling themselves for bids for Bent this month. They are preparing for life without him and are seriously considering Drogba as a replacement.”

McLeish is believed to have an uneasy relationship with Bent, despite the striker’s record of a goal every other game since his surprise move from Sunderland 12 months ago.

The 27-year-old has scored a relatively meagre six Premier League goals this season but is gradually establishing himself at international level and is expected to be part of England’s Euro 2012 squad this summer.

Villa paid £18 million rising to £24m for Bent and have privately indicated that they will need to recoup that outlay to justify his sale to their supporters, who watched Stewart Downing and Ashley Young be sold last summer.

Potential replacements with proven Premier League pedigree are thin on the ground but Villa are closely monitoring Drogba’s contract situation.

The Ivory Coast international is currently assessing his options, with strong interest in him from suitors including cash-rich Chinese and Russian clubs, the MLS and Serie A.

He will be available for free in the summer and it is unlikely that Chelsea will ask for more than £3m this month for the player they brought to England from Marseille in 2004.
kurtsimonw
Don't see anything in that story happening. Can't see us paying someone £100k a week, nor do I think Drogba would join.
X-Offender
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 5 2012, 03:53 AM) *

Awesome! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 5 2012, 05:17 AM) *
One of the busiest times of the year in English football to be honest, the only reason it's not on this weekend is due to the 3rd round of the FA Cup. The way Christmas/New Year fell this year meant there were going to be a lot of mid-week games.

It's quite ridiculous. I mean, not only did they have to play at the most inappropriate moment of the year, but some teams had to play on 31 December and then again on 2 January! Who plans this crap at the FA?
Danny
Anyone noticed that Roberto Mancini has a fetish for publicly castigating his players and club?

He's done it to Johnson, Bridge, Balotelli, Tevez, his entire defence, the Man City board, Richards...why does he insist on this?
kurtsimonw
I think it's his way of finding out who's 'weak' regarding his players Bridge and Tevez has just gone off in a strop and not fought for their place while players like Balotelli have come back stronger for it.

He does too much talking though, I agree there.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 5 2012, 05:07 PM) *
I think it's his way of finding out who's 'weak' regarding his players Bridge and Tevez has just gone off in a strop and not fought for their place while players like Balotelli have come back stronger for it.

Then get castigated again for no apparent reason at all! He seems to pick on individuals, publicly. This is not good practice.

He does too much talking though, I agree there.

Well I suppose it's working. They are 3 points clear.
kurtsimonw
FA Cup 3rd round weekend!

Hoping Villa can cause an upset down here and win in Bristol.
Milan Are Brilliant
They sacked Buckle earlier in the week too (the ex Torquay manager) can't say I'm too upset, seeing as he left for the 'bigger club' in his own words laugh.gif

Ground is a dive though, area is too. Used to live around the corner for a couple of years for Uni a few years back.
Milan Are Brilliant
30 minutes in, terrible game. Bored of watching that.

And as soon as I say that something actually happens laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Good game especially with that wind. 4 goals, 2 crackers and a penalty save. Only we can be 3-0 up with 5 to go and make it exciting.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 7 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Good game especially with that wind. 4 goals, 2 crackers and a penalty save. Only we can be 3-0 up with 5 to go and make it exciting.

Should have warned you... I think 95% of the time I've ever seen Rovers play there has been a penalty in the game... I'm being serious. It was almost expected after a while!

Pitch was terrible too, they definitely smashed it up to attempt to stop your boys playing, it's never been that bad and the rugby team haven't even played on it for weeks.
kurtsimonw
Watching the repeat now and it does look a lot worse on tv than it did in person.

I see a Liverpool fan has been charged with racially abusing an opposition player in the FA Cup. Like player, like fans eh?

Quiz question: In Daglish's entire managerial career how man black players has he signed? 1, John Barnes. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
City 0-1 United, Rooney '9.

Haha, Kompany red card!
han2503
Ridiculous decision to send off Kompany just now imo
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 8 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Ridiculous decision to send off Kompany just now imo

+1
kurtsimonw
Nah. Straight red. 2 feet off the ground with studs showing. Well done to Foy for showing some balls and not allowing such dangerous play.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 8 2012, 03:21 PM) *
Nah. Straight red. 2 feet off the ground with studs showing. Well done to Foy for showing some balls and not allowing such dangerous play.

Thought you'd say this smile.gif Agreed.

Friends were actually complaining about the red tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 8 2012, 02:21 PM) *

I haven't heard anyone, not even any of the commentators agreeing that it was a correct decision. Just ridiculous imo, I have seen tackles a hundred times worse than this get away with a yellow.

I can't see how you'd justify this being the correct decision.

Atleast City are still mostly the better side, I think they can still shade this no matter how much the ref tried to screw them over
han2503
Nice to see this terrible Man U side being handed the game rolleyes.gif

2-0
kurtsimonw
Most of the 'experts' on twitter and SS agree with me.

You simply can not do that, it's far too dangerous. Hundreds don't happen - my dad said the same thing - otherwise there would be more reds. It's a disgraceful tackle and a straight red.

2-0, great goal.
Milan Are Brilliant
The 2 footed tackle is being outlawed, whilst I don't agree with it, you simply can't do it in modern football. You run the risk immediately of going by doing it.

United have had the bigger cutting edge since the 1st minute though.

It's amazing the same people say that was a bad decision, but that Pepe 'foul' last year was bordering on assault laugh.gif laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 8 2012, 02:34 PM) *
The 2 footed tackle is being outlawed, whilst I don't agree with it, you simply can't do it in modern football. You run the risk immediately of going by doing it.

United have had the bigger cutting edge since the 1st minute though.

It's amazing the same people say that was a bad decision, but that Pepe 'foul' last year was bordering on assault laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pepe actually took Alves's leg...

Kompany got the ball completely. The so called experts from what I'm listening to are still calling it a terrible decision.

I personally agree with that. I'm pretty sure neither of you would be saying this had it been the other way round
Milan Are Brilliant
You still can't tackle with 2 feet off the ground, win the ball or not. It wasn't a lunge, to me it's not a red, though the rules are outlawing this tackle in the game that's why I can see why he did.

I suppose that wasn't a penalty either rolleyes.gif

3-0, wonder if this will be 6-1.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 8 2012, 01:38 PM) *
Pepe actually took Alves's leg...

Kompany got the ball completely. The so called experts from what I'm listening to are still calling it a terrible decision.

I personally agree with that. I'm pretty sure neither of you would be saying this had it been the other way round

Eh? I don't know what's more laughable, people thinking it's not a red card or them accusing me of being biased towards United!

It's easy to say he got the ball, but what if he didn't? It can end career, the full body weight of someone on you.

Rooney, 3-0.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 8 2012, 02:40 PM) *
You still can't tackle with 2 feet off the ground, win the ball or not. It wasn't a lunge, to me it's not a red, though the rules are outlawing this game that's why I can see why he did.

I suppose that wasn't a penalty either rolleyes.gif

3-0, wonder if this will be 6-1.

That was definately a penalty, and imo that would have been a better opportunity to send someone off rather than the Kompany challenge. Something we see happen regularly and usually get away with yellows or even less
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 8 2012, 01:42 PM) *
That was definately a penalty, and imo that would have been a better opportunity to send someone off rather than the Kompany challenge. Something we see happen regularly and usually get away with yellows or even less

I don't know what to say though, it's stupid, I don't want to see the sport going non-contact but that's the way it's going the best teams in the world (I'm not just talking about 1 or 2) have all made it that way. The modern footballers have made it that way, and the rules have made it that way.

At the end of the day making a 2 footed tackle, winning the ball or not, is always a potential red-card I'm afraid.
Milan Are Brilliant
Welbeck should have made it 4.
kurtsimonw
It's not just 2 footed though. His studs were showing AND it was a lunge, not any part of his body was on the floor at one point. If he made contact with Nani it could've been career over. You have to make sure the players understand you can't do this because it's far too dangerous.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 8 2012, 02:45 PM) *
I don't know what to say though, it's stupid, I don't want to see the sport going non-contact but that's the way it's going the best teams in the world (I'm not just talking about 1 or 2) have all made it that way. The modern footballers have made it that way, and the rules have made it that way.

At the end of the day making a 2 footed tackle, winning the ball or not, is always a potential red-card I'm afraid.

I agree, but either be consistant with it or remove it all together.

It just ruined what could have been a great game. United would have never been this dominant and probably would have lost in all honesty. They were handed this game plain and simple.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 8 2012, 01:48 PM) *
I agree, but either be consistant with it or remove it all together.

It just ruined what could have been a great game. United would have never been this dominant and probably would have lost in all honesty. They were handed this game plain and simple.

Kompany ruined the game by doing something stupid. He handed the game, but it was own choice to do something stupid.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 8 2012, 01:48 PM) *

I disagree with that, I know you're not the biggest fan of them but to say this is all down to the red-card is a bit harsh. They probably wouldn't have been 3-0 up, but they were still leading before the red-card and after the last couple of games the bounce back was inevitable.

The loss to Yaya Toure is big and that's nothing to do with the ref.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 8 2012, 02:53 PM) *
Kompany ruined the game by doing something stupid. He handed the game, but it was own choice to do something stupid.

I never would have imagined I'd see the day where you would actually agree with the ref, but I guess since it's City that got punished heavily than it's ok.
Milan Are Brilliant
So I guess this soft-centre is getting a bit tougher with age biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 8 2012, 02:59 PM) *
So I guess this soft-centre is getting a bit tougher with age biggrin.gif

Too bad it only works against 10 men, you know seeing as they lost in humiliating fashion 2 games in a row in the league when they were up against 11
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 8 2012, 02:00 PM) *
Too bad it only works against 10 men, you know seeing as they lost in humiliating fashion 2 games in a row in the league when they were up against 11

You're too easy to wind-up when it comes to United, I have a new hobby tongue.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Aside of all the excuses why United are winning etc and everything.

The big thing that stands out to me is Lindegaard looks a far superior keeper to De Gea!
Milan Are Brilliant
Great goal Kolarov.
kurtsimonw
Blatent penalty not given to United.
Milan Are Brilliant
Pretty much blatant penalty, Foy won't give anything to United this half though, he's bottled it.
Milan Are Brilliant
3-2, Aguero. How big is that penalty call now.
kurtsimonw
Talk about bias refereeing towards City.
Milan Are Brilliant
United have taken their foot off the pedal completely, just coasted and it's cost them. Really don't get the inclusion of Scholes today, I mean is he even fit, let alone match fit? The midfield has gone bust since he came on.
kurtsimonw
Now City denied blatent penalty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.