Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
kurtsimonw
I don't think Albion are that bad. They're were unlucky not to take points of Chelsea and United so far this season and United have destroyed everyone else.
kurtsimonw
This is a bit, well alot, pathetic on Arsenal's part.

Arsenal have finally earned their first win of the season, but it's not an on-pitch victory: the club has won a court case in Spain forcing the owner of a hat shop to change the name of her premises.
The Gunners have won their case against Seville resident Alicia Simon, who has now been told by the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office to change the name of her hat shop 'Arsenale'.

Simon registered the name of her shop before she even opened it in 2007 despite protestations from the club, but Arsenal's lawyers have been petitioning the Spanish authorities ever since, trying to convince them that she has infringed their trademark.

The stunned shopkeeper, who admits to having no knowledge of football, pointed out that her shop does not even share the same spelling or pronunciation as the English football club, and that it is a word which carries "more connotations of culture than sport".

But despite the apparent ridiculousness of their case, Arsenal have now successfully persuaded the Spanish authorities that there was a "risk of confusion" between the monolithic English football club and the tiny hat shop.

Simon named her shop after the Italian word 'arsenale', which was the name given to the shipbuilders' yards in medieval Pisa and Venice. Her premises are in Seville's Arenal de Sevilla district, where Seville's ancient shipyards were located - hence her choice of the name.

Her shop concentrates on selling her self-designed hats, but she also sells shoes - bringing her under the umbrella of "clothes, hats and shoes" as seen by the patent and trademark office, and thus causing the infringement.

Simon has no intention of backing down, however: despite admitting that she feels in a 'David v Goliath' situation, she will not change the name of her shop and has already appealed the decision - thanks to a pair of friends who are lawyers - to a Madrid tribunal which will have the final say.

"I will fight this to the end," she insists.

Risk of confusion? Seriously? Have people honestly been in Spain and thought "Hold on, I thought Arsenal played in London. I didn't realise they were a Spanish club based in a small hat shop". Jesus fucking Christ.

Milan Are Brilliant
Seems like they spent more time on that than actually signing good players.
acid911
Gee, what has the world come to! ohmy.gif I think I'd better start up a local pet shop and call it Arsenal too. Let's see if they come knocking at my door too. I agree, Kurt, one of the most pathetic little things I've in quite a while. Never a boring moment in the world of football, it seems.

Hat shop, pfff. And that too, in Spain. And it's not even named Arsenal. More power to Alicia Simon, you go girl!
kurtsimonw
Jack Wilshere hasn't actually been injured, he just got confused and has been working a Spanish hat shop for 5 weeks.

So I don't blame Arsenal really, he's an important player to get back.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

West Brom won 1-0 at Norwich.
kurtsimonw
Carson Yeung denied permission to leave Hong Kong as the prosecution believe he won't return to face the music. Lee Bowyer was interviewed recently and says the goings on at the club are scary and they're likely going the way of Portsmouth/Leeds.

They still have a player on 50k a week at the club. laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2011, 03:48 PM) *
They still have a player on 50k a week at the club. laugh.gif

Zigic? laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Yep.
TriniKing_CE
Report: Man United $1B IPO deal OK'd

SINGAPORE -- A person familiar with the deal says Manchester United's planned $1 billion public offering has been approved by Singapore's stock exchange. The public offering likely will happen by the end of the year.

The person is not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press. The person adds that the listing for the American-owned club would involve ordinary and nonvoting preferred shares.

Manchester United is owned by the Glazer family. It has been valued at $1.9 billion by Forbes magazine, which has ranked it as soccer's most valuable team for the last seven years. However, the club has about $750 million of debt.

Link: http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id...ved-report-says
arivanjj
im not watchin the game but arsenal is losing 4 - 2 courtesy of 2 own goals? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Been a great game 4-3 at the moment, Arsenal looking strong to get an equaliser though.

Great game. Game of the season in the EPL so far.
han2503
What a mess from Arsenal...
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 17 2011, 03:33 PM) *
What a mess from Arsenal...

99% of the time Arsenal would have won today, they dominated. Had over triple the amount of attempts Blackburn had, though luck was just completely against them. 2 own goals, and albeit tight Yakubu's 2nd was offside. When things are going against you, they're really going against you.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 17 2011, 04:39 PM) *
99% of the time Arsenal would have won today, they dominated. Had over triple the amount of attempts Blackburn had, though luck was just completely against them. 2 own goals, and albeit tight Yakubu's 2nd was offside. When things are going against you, they're really going against you.

I didn't see the game, but if a team concedes four goals in one match, I think luck is only a minor factor to be considered.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 17 2011, 03:39 PM) *

Their entire defence is a mess, that was clear to see in the CL as well, some terrible mistakes on the conceeded goals. Yes the 2nd was marginally offside, but the own goals were forced because the threat wasn't cleared properly (mostly on the 3rd goal)
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 17 2011, 04:11 PM) *
I didn't see the game, but if a team concedes four goals in one match, I think luck is only a minor factor to be considered.

When 2 are own goals and 1 is offside. I don't think that is the case...
kurtsimonw
Robbed of 2 points. God knows how they're also unbeaten they're absolutely terrible.

Ah well, gotta look at the positives I spose. Stan and Gabby brilliant again and still unbeaten. Gotta win more though.
Jack Bauer
Picking Bent to my fantasy team hasn't worked so well this season. I blame Kurt in this biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 17 2011, 05:39 PM) *
Picking Bent to my fantasy team hasn't worked so well this season. I blame Kurt in this biggrin.gif

Same laugh.gif

Think he's getting subbed out.
kurtsimonw
Yeah I'd take him out. He's been playing injured the past 2 games and had to go off again today.

Gabby is on fire though, defenders just can't cope with his pace and strength. Back to his very best.
Jack Sparrow
Yeah....right...we owned you in the second half!!

Really impressed with Cabaye. Good signing by the looks of it. Guttierez was supposed to be a flair player,but he's becoming more of a workhorse.

We're one winger and one striker short... of hitting top 10 in England.

Oh btw...we're the 4th best team in England right now. Only Chelsea, City and Man U are better than us! How do you like them apples?!
smoke.gif
kurtsimonw
Jonas has always been a hard worker and never had much flair about him. Obertan is the flair player but he overdoes it too much in my opinion. I also rate Cabaye, good player.

Not sure about owning us in the 2nd half. Think Bent, Albrighton and Gabby all put one a few inches wide. Whilst most of Newcastle's efforts were pretty straight forward aside from that one great save.

Fabian Delph is a completely liability though. He can't do simple things like control or pass a ball, I felt embarassed for him today. When he manages to get it under control, he runs himself into a corner and loses it. Not to mention his wreckless tackling which he usually gets nowhere near the ball. I would say Leeds can have him back, but he aint good enough for them either.

Think we need to be less negative at home. I know we went 4-4-2, but Bannan isn't a winger and it limits what Zog can do since they can just shift to his side. Zog actually came alive when Albrighton was on since we had 2 out and out wingers. Frustrating, but we really don't look like losing right now.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 17 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Oh btw...we're the 4th best team in England right now. Only Chelsea, City and Man U are better than us! How do you like them apples?!

Didn't you say something exactly like this last year? innocent.gif laugh.gif Or was that the year before?!
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 17 2011, 07:45 PM) *
Didn't you say something exactly like this last year? innocent.gif laugh.gif Or was that the year before?!

I think he said that when they were in the Championship wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 18 2011, 12:51 AM) *
I think he said that when they were in the Championship

Yeah, I thought it ringed a bell, it was something I'd heard earlier. biggrin.gif Still the same old, pirate!
kurtsimonw
Spurs 4-0 Liverpool!?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 18 2011, 03:27 PM) *
Spurs 4-0 Liverpool!?

It was like this game was there to please me laugh.gif
  • Tottenham are meant to be the side in disarray that many could turnover.
  • I said Liverpool were never going to last and I wrote them off straight away.
  • Charlie Adam proved how dumb he is, how can the SkySports guys argue? If Pepe's was a straight red last year and people agreed with that then so should have Adam's today. Plus Adam actually made contact.
  • Scott Parker ran the midfield!

Not to watch Chelsea hammer United for me being so smug laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 18 2011, 02:43 PM) *
Not to watch Chelsea hammer United for me being so smug laugh.gif

devil.gif
kurtsimonw
Only took the refs 7 minutes to ruin the big game. Nice work.
han2503
What a miss from Torres. Aweful
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 18 2011, 06:10 PM) *
Only took the refs 7 minutes to ruin the big game. Nice work.

Don't know how they haven't seen that.

Ramires... Chelsea gonna pay for all these missed chances.
han2503
Oh What a chance ther for Chelsea. Should have left it for Sturridge.

Chelsea have been the better side imo. Just need to finish the chances!
CrazyMilanFan
Nani 2-0...
Milan Are Brilliant
I don't think I need to say a thing cool.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 18 2011, 04:45 PM) *
I don't think I need to say a thing cool.gif

This hardly proves anything wink.gif

An offside goal, a miracle from Nani, and an actual good goal from Rooney. Plus 3 guilt edged misses from Chelsea...
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 18 2011, 04:59 PM) *
This hardly proves anything wink.gif

An offside goal, a miracle from Nani, and an actual good goal from Rooney. Plus 3 guilt edged misses from Chelsea...

Oh right, it's because the opposition doesn't try, they are a weak side, the referees, they are a side in disarray, that doesn't count.

Keep up the reasons... I guess.
Milan Are Brilliant
That goal doesn't mean anything... Torres has long hair, so it doesn't count rolleyes.gif
CrazyMilanFan
city 2-2 after being 2-0 up....
CrazyMilanFan
Torres gets one back
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 18 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Oh right, it's because the opposition doesn't try, they are a weak side, the referees, they are a side in disarray, that doesn't count.

Keep up the reasons... I guess.

Yep, exactly.

My point mainly is that since Chelsea are giving them a showing United have been far from the invincible team they've seemed to be lately. Sure the scoreline favours them but watching the game tells a different story to the scoreline
Milan Are Brilliant
Rooney misses a penalty which shouldn't have been given, justice there.
CrazyMilanFan
Rooney slips on Pk...
CrazyMilanFan
omg torres
han2503
The big chances Chelsea have missed in this game...

I mean United have missed a couple, namely the penalty. But the chances Chelsea have missed have been beyond shocking!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 18 2011, 05:47 PM) *
The big chances Chelsea have missed in this game...

I mean United have missed a couple, namely the penalty. But the chances Chelsea have missed have been beyond shocking!

And the chance that Rooney hit the post, and the clearance off the line from A.Cole, and the Nani shot that hit the bar...
CrazyMilanFan
Good game overall
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 18 2011, 05:50 PM) *
And the chance that Rooney hit the post, and the clearance off the line from A.Cole, and the Nani shot that hit the bar...

Torres missing an open net and a point blank shot, plus the one Remires screwed up. I'd say those are bigger. The Torres one trumps everything though. I still can't believe he missed that!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 18 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Torres missing an open net and a point blank shot, plus the one Remires screwed up. I'd say those are bigger. The Torres one trumps everything though. I still can't believe he missed that!

The Torres open goal is inexcusable, it's one of those misses you are going to see for years. The thing is he took it so well and then somehow still messed it up. Just as I was thinking that goal might kick him off, he goes and does that which everyone will be talking about now.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 18 2011, 05:09 PM) *
The Torres open goal is inexcusable, it's one of those misses you are going to see for years. The thing is he took it so well and then somehow still messed it up. Just as I was thinking that goal might kick him off, he goes and does that which everyone will be talking about now.

Agreed, he was looking so good before that, there was another chance that he created all by himself before that as well and missed marginally as it went over. But that miss will set him back a million years imo. That has to crush whatever confidence you have left
kurtsimonw
Just read through the last few pages and seemed to see no mention of SOUTHAMPTON 4-1 BIRMINGHAM CITY.

I'd just like to point it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.