Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Zed.D
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 13 2012, 07:06 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif How have QPR got lucky at all today?

If they don't win against this QPR side, sorry, it's a choke, a complete choke.

It's fortunate for United but it's a complete choke from City first and foremost, no getting away from that.

When did I say QPR got lucky? biggrin.gif they've just parked the bus! Man U got lucky.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 13 2012, 04:41 PM) *
When did I say QPR got lucky? biggrin.gif they've just parked the bus! Man U got lucky.

You say it as if it's all down to United's luck, as far as I'm aware their goal was legit, both QPR's goals were too, if anything City's goal was a complete fluke from a howler from the keeper.

If City won here they'd have won the league, United wouldn't have mattered. Complete choke so far.
X-Offender
It's a complete choke. I'm not even watching the game, but giving away the title like this is unbelievable. It's like Lazio-Inter of 2002, only like 10x easier for City.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 13 2012, 04:46 PM) *
It's a complete choke. I'm not even watching the game, but giving away the title like this is unbelievable. It's like Lazio-Inter of 2002, only like 10x easier for City.

Exactly.
Fillipo Simone
Indeed. Complete choke.
Zed.D
2-2
Fillipo Simone
EDIN!!
Zed.D
3-2
WOWOWOWO

What a game!
Milan Are Brilliant
Who mentioned choke laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
drucurl
Agueroooooooooooo
X-Offender
Wow! ohmy.gif
drucurl
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 13 2012, 11:54 AM) *

Glad to be wrong bro
soooooo glad to be wrong!!! 96.gif
Zed.D
Mancio's subs always make difference when I watch them.

Edin and Balo (assist).
Milan Are Brilliant
What a league, what a league.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 13 2012, 07:24 PM) *

That's why I disagree, it'd have been unfair if they didn't win this.

Chances is something like 30-3

FT. Champs. **** MANURE!
acid911
So that's what destiny feels like. tongue.gif biggrin.gif Gonna have to download and save this match as well.
Fillipo Simone
Unbelievable!
Milan Are Brilliant
Best league ending I've ever seen.
drucurl
Would it be correct to say that City won in in true Manchester United style? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Zed.D
Anyone knows if Man U players were celebrating when it was 1-2 and well past the 90th minute? biggrin.gif happy.gif

Milan Are Brilliant
Bolton went down too biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
drucurl
Mancini wearing an Italian flag/cape dry.gif
Jack Bauer
Fucking Epic biggrin.gif

Congrats City! Deserved.
kurtsimonw
Another nail in the coffin that is sports. Unsurprisingly City benefit hugely from the refs and win, shocker.

Now we just need FFP to finish it off.
X-Offender
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ May 13 2012, 06:09 PM) *

What's with that?
kurtsimonw
Only just noticed it, WTF!? laugh.gif
X-Offender
Is he crying because they managed to get the 3rd spot? How sad.
kurtsimonw
They just showed it on MotD. He was sort of leaning over as I'm assuming Arsenal were having a chance and he did that after they missed for some reason.

It was Pat Rice's last game with Arsenal, by the way, 44 years with the club.
X-Offender
Ah, OK. Better that way. biggrin.gif
Jack Bauer
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ May 14 2012, 08:46 AM) *

that's too bad for them
Jack Sparrow
Well at least we can laugh at them screwing up worse than us. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Unsurprisingly McLeish has been sacked.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 13 2012, 07:18 PM) *
Another nail in the coffin that is sports. Unsurprisingly City benefit hugely from the refs and win, shocker.

Now we just need FFP to finish it off.

*yawn*
kurtsimonw
Wonderful input.
kurtsimonw
Bye Carlos. sad.gif

Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 14 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Wonderful input.

You and Ash post constant digs at 'modern football' and its various 'flaws'. If it bothers you that much, quit following teams.

I also find it hilarious that people slag off City's title win as 'bought' when Man Utd are full of multimillion pound players too, yet not a single bloody word is ever said against that.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 14 2012, 04:10 PM) *
Bye Carlos. sad.gif

Didn't quite manage that Spanish call up he so craved. Love how his 'King Carlos' moniker is attributed to Villa fans!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ May 14 2012, 04:12 PM) *
Didn't quite manage that Spanish call up he so craved. Love how his 'King Carlos' moniker is attributed to Villa fans!

I think he deserved it in 2010 honestly, he was better than the likes of Marchena. But I think they were all regulars.

Yeah, the only reason we called him King Carlos was because that was essentially his nickname, started by you lot.

As for United/City, we've been through it. My opinion is just as valid as yours. If you're fine with it, that's your call. I'm just not personally.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ May 14 2012, 04:10 PM) *
You and Ash post constant digs at 'modern football' and its various 'flaws'. If it bothers you that much, quit following teams.

What are you on about now?
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 14 2012, 04:14 PM) *
I think he deserved it in 2010 honestly, he was better than the likes of Marchena. But I think they were all regulars.

Yeah, the only reason we called him King Carlos was because that was essentially his nickname, started by you lot.

As for United/City, we've been through it. My opinion is just as valid as yours. If you're fine with it, that's your call. I'm just not personally.

But the point is while your opinion is valid, it's just a bit bizarre and slightly contradictory to support teams when you constantly condemn 'modern football'.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 14 2012, 06:09 PM) *
What are you on about now?

Read the words and you might find out.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ May 15 2012, 11:33 PM) *
But the point is while your opinion is valid, it's just a bit bizarre and slightly contradictory to support teams when you constantly condemn 'modern football'.

I've condemned City, not modern football. As I've said before United earned their way to the top, they got their rewards for being an outstanding business. Even Chelsea earned their way to CL. City are a nothing club and earned nothing. That's the reality of the situation.

Big difference between United spending £50m that they made and City spending £50m they happened to come in to. If you can't see that, then that's your opinion, doesn't mean I'm going to agree with it.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 16 2012, 07:41 AM) *
I've condemned City, not modern football.

"Another nail in the coffin that is sports."

Sounds like you're condemning modern football to me.

As I've said before United earned their way to the top, they got their rewards for being an outstanding business. Even Chelsea earned their way to CL. City are a nothing club and earned nothing. That's the reality of the situation.

Big difference between United spending £50m that they made and City spending £50m they happened to come in to. If you can't see that, then that's your opinion, doesn't mean I'm going to agree with it.

You...do realise Man Utd are in nearly £500M debt? They haven't technically earned a penny - anything they have spent on players should have been going to their creditors. They spend the money they receive on players, instead of clearing off the debts.

Yeah, outstanding business!

Whereas City have no debt.

It's like you're praising Utd for being in debt and being taken over by a family who appear to have put none of their own money into the club, while condemning City for being taken over by a group who could clear the debt and improve the squad.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ May 16 2012, 12:14 PM) *
"Another nail in the coffin that is sports."

Sounds like you're condemning modern football to me.

No, City. Because they won the title without earning it.

QUOTE (Danny @ May 16 2012, 12:14 PM) *
You...do realise Man Utd are in nearly £500M debt? They haven't technically earned a penny - anything they have spent on players should have been going to their creditors. They spend the money they receive on players, instead of clearing off the debts.

Yeah, outstanding business!

Whereas City have no debt.

Well it's not true, the Ronaldo money went to debt, but that's not important. United's post-Glazers I don't agree with, they have ruined the club. During the 90s though when United became dominant? Did they spend the most, yeah. But they also weren't in a debt going out of control. Under the Glazers they haven''t spend a crazy amount of money and have an overall profit on transfer dealings. It's just a shame what the Glazers are doing elsewhere.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 16 2012, 02:39 PM) *
No, City. Because they won the title without earning it.

You know, what Vincent Kompany said was spot on. As kids, the majority of City players were poor - their ability in football took them out of that and now they're champions. Most of them are not bothered about the money, they just want to win. At the end of the day, they're footballers who won the league - if you're trying to say they didn't earn it based on some sour grapes about club turnover, it just seems petty.

Well it's not true, the Ronaldo money went to debt, but that's not important.

One sale, mainly because who else have Utd sold at a significant profit in the last few years? Can't think of many, can you? Lots of dregs like O'Shea, Bardsley and others. But not a lot of valuable sales.

United's post-Glazers I don't agree with, they have ruined the club. During the 90s though when United became dominant? Did they spend the most, yeah.

So it's all about the money money money? But it doesn't matter if it's not City.

But they also weren't in a debt going out of control.

Irrelevant. In every single way.

Under the Glazers they haven''t spend a crazy amount of money and have an overall profit on transfer dealings. It's just a shame what the Glazers are doing elsewhere.

Your 'condemnation' of Utd's currently atrocious business model is forced whereas you're passionately against City.

If Berlusconi shells out 100M on badly needed players, are you going to condemn him for buying the title if we win it next season?

Since that C Ron sale Utd have spent 15M on Valencia, 20M on Young, 20M on Jones, 20M on De Gea, 5M on Hernandez; about 80M. So that money, which at the time was supposed to go into creditors, ends up going back out on signings again.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ May 16 2012, 03:12 PM) *
You know, what Vincent Kompany said was spot on. As kids, the majority of City players were poor - their ability in football took them out of that and now they're champions. Most of them are not bothered about the money, they just want to win. At the end of the day, they're footballers who won the league - if you're trying to say they didn't earn it based on some sour grapes about club turnover, it just seems petty.

Did I say the players didn't deserve it? no. But how many of these players would be there if not for oil money. 3? Maybe 4?

And yeah, they do care about the money. That's why I won't be continuing this, quite baffling comment to make.

Oh and Dalglish has been sacked. Dreadful manager and even worse person. Good riddance. Shame Liverpool might push on without him.
Jack Sparrow
Kenny sacked at Liverpool. I think Martinez is the favourite?
Jack Sparrow
What?! Can't Liverpool get some love on this forum? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.