Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
X-Offender
Didn't they earn about €70 million from the sales of Cesc and Nasri? Why the hell not spend some of it?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 28 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Didn't they earn about €70 million from the sales of Cesc and Nasri? Why the hell not spend some of it?

Wenger's ideals go against overspending on players. What makes him even more of an idiot is that he knew he was going to lose cesc this summer, so he should have signed his replacement earlier. Did he? Nope.
kurtsimonw
He's said he's willing to spend £40m on a player if he feels he's worth it. laugh.gif

He's just too stubborn. Passed on Mata to sign Chamberlain because he seemingly doesn't like getting players who're 'stars' and wants to make his signings into stars.

Just spend whatever it takes to sign Sir Gary Cahill, then buy a CM and they'll be fine.
Jack Bauer
Arsenal haven't conceded 8 goals in the league since 1896 biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
So apparently Makoun is in Greece for a move to Olympiakos, loan with an option to buy. Good thing Randy Lerner inherited his money, because in terms of business, he's practically brain dead.

I'm actually tempted to put money on us going down. Yes we've bought Given and N'Zogbia who're both good signings. But that's Friedel, L.Young, Pires, Reo-Coker, Young, Downing and Carew all gone and possibly Makoun and Cuellar. I know our youth system is brilliant, but jesus, you can't have our entire U21 team playing! If I were Bent I'd be demanding a move in the next few days. Sinking ship.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 29 2011, 02:11 AM) *
Just spend whatever it takes to sign Sir Gary Cahill, then buy a CM and they'll be fine.

More problems than that to be honest. Everyone goes on about a centre back, but barring injury I think that's where they are not too bad, sure Koscielny isn't the best but he's adequate. Compare that to the midfield which is literally a joke now, bar Wilshere.
d'Arc.LP
X-Offender
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Zed.D
Reminds me of that CL game where we got our *** handed to us by Man U. what was the scoreline of that game anyway? I can't remember...
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 29 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Reminds me of that CL game where we got our *** handed to us by Man U. what was the scoreline of that game anyway? I can't remember...

4-0

One of Leo's infamous whooping scorelines
kurtsimonw
Seems we're getting Hutton from Spurs for £3m. He's worth far more than that, so would be good business.

Hargreaves supposedly having medical at Man City (WTF!?)

Arsenal to sign Mertersaker for £10m? And want Andre Santos for £6m as Traore is going to QPR. £10m for him is arguably the worst transfer ever. He's looked dreadful everytime I've seen him. Typical Arsenal CB signing though. They've signed striker Park Chu-Young from Monaco.
Danny
Hargreaves is almost certainly going to Man City. Incredible signing.

Admittedly not that much different from Michael Owen going to Utd.
kurtsimonw
Hargreaves to City is disgraceful, makes me think even less of him.

Santon to Newcastle.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 30 2011, 02:29 PM) *
Arsenal to sign Mertersaker for £10m? And want Andre Santos for £6m as Traore is going to QPR. £10m for him is arguably the worst transfer ever. He's looked dreadful everytime I've seen him. Typical Arsenal CB signing though.

I guess they want height, he's like 6'6 isn't he? Arsenals defense at the moment must average easily at under 6ft that's a reason perhaps.
William405
Santon to Newcastle is just weird.Wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing?!
Fillipo Simone
Well, he turned out to be the next Coco.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 30 2011, 07:44 PM) *
I guess they want height, he's like 6'6 isn't he? Arsenals defense at the moment must average easily at under 6ft that's a reason perhaps.

It'll help on set peices, but for the most part it will work against them.

They play a high line and have fairly quick defenders. Now if they continue to play a high line, Mertersacker becomes a liability as he's far too slow. If they play deep to counter this, then they'll struggle with crosses/long balls all game long since the rest of the team is short.
kurtsimonw
Bosko Balaban to Leeds and Kaka' to Spurs!? I'm not sure which is more weird!
Fillipo Simone
What??
kurtsimonw
Rumours going round he's in London to have talks with Spurs. Not just your regular shite rumour though, this was tweeted by Ray Wilkins.

Craig Bellamy going back to Liverpool? Strange one.

Drenthe to Everton, awful signing.
kurtsimonw
Was some fairly late transfers.

Villa signed Hutton and Jenas (loan).
Chelsea signed Meireles.
Arsenal signed Arteta and Benayoun (loan).
Liverpool signed Bellamy.
Stoke signed Palacios, Crouch and Jerome.
Blackburn signed Scott Dann.
Fillipo Simone
Did Arsenal sign Per Mertesacker and Andre Santos?? What an act of desperation.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2011, 01:47 AM) *
Did Arsenal sign Per Mertesacker and Andre Santos?? What an act of desperation.

For once they are signing players we have heard of.
Milan Are Brilliant
Arteta is a good signing, obviously we know the comparison that's going to be (and probably has) already been made. I think he's a good player though.
kurtsimonw
Grimsby Manager argues with fan

"If you don't like it, don't fucking come!" Brilliant. biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
wow, how is he not sacked yet?
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 1 2011, 06:40 AM) *
Arteta is a good signing, obviously we know the comparison that's going to be (and probably has) already been made. I think he's a good player though.

It's a silly comparison. He's a good player but has never even been called up for Spain. Used to play for Rangers once upon a time. He has definitely improved in England.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2011, 11:33 PM) *
Was some fairly late transfers.

Villa signed Hutton and Jenas (loan).
Chelsea signed Meireles.
Arsenal signed Arteta and Benayoun (loan).
Liverpool signed Bellamy.
Stoke signed Palacios, Crouch and Jerome.
Blackburn signed Scott Dann.

Hutton needs his confidence back. World class FB on his day but looked a bit tentative yesterday for Scotland. His mazy dribbles of the past were a sight to behold.
kurtsimonw
I like the signing to be honest.

L.Young was solid at the back, decent going forward and rarely makes mistakes. Hutton seems to be similar whenever I've seen him, except he's better going forward and younger.

That's an Englishman, an Irishman, a Welshman and a Scotsman in our back 4 then!

X-Offender
Injury blow for Arsenal's Wilshere

Exactly what they needed.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 4 2011, 03:12 PM) *
I like the signing to be honest.

L.Young was solid at the back, decent going forward and rarely makes mistakes. Hutton seems to be similar whenever I've seen him, except he's better going forward and younger.

That's an Englishman, an Irishman, a Welshman and a Scotsman in our back 4 then!

Quite honestly for £4M I'd have pushed the boat out to bring Hutton back to Rangers. But I guess the wages would have scuppered that completely. As did Ally's odd manlove for the useless Steven Whittaker (our supposed first choice RB who has been agony this season) in keeping him at the club at all costs making him one of our highest paid when he's nowhere near our best player.
Milan Are Brilliant
Just saw the Sky games this weekend... are they trying to get me to cancel?!
kurtsimonw
I think it's a good thing. I have **** all interest in watching United and City ever week.

Talking of City, Gary Cook had handed in his resignation. Good riddance to a complete waste of oxygen, hopefully he doesn't get appointed anywhere else. I doubt any club has so little class they'd want him though.
William405
Maybe a retarded question,but is Abu Dabhi sports available to you?It has all premier league matches with fairly good coverage wink.gif.
kurtsimonw
Not that I'm aware of. All of our 3pm games aren't allowed to be shown by law and we get all the others anyway.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 9 2011, 11:47 PM) *
I think it's a good thing. I have **** all interest in watching United and City ever week.

Not what I'm getting at, surely Villa/Everton & Wolves/Spurs for example would have been a better choice.

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 10 2011, 09:53 AM) *
Maybe a retarded question,but is Abu Dabhi sports available to you?It has all premier league matches with fairly good coverage wink.gif.

Nah, not legally anyway.

Sky Sports & ESPN have exclusive live coverage of the EPL, but as Kurt said by FA law we can't watch 3pm Saturday games live as it will affect ticket sales (not just for the Prem, but the smaller sides who might lose some fairweather fans as they choose to stay home and watch the top sides - and ticket income). Even though the days of 3pm Saturday games rarely have anything like a full fixture list now, this weekend is actually a rarity.

Though there are other methods of getting to see them live online if you really wanted to.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 10 2011, 12:16 PM) *
Not what I'm getting at, surely Villa/Everton & Wolves/Spurs for example would have been a better choice.

Nah, not legally anyway.

Sky Sports & ESPN have exclusive live coverage of the EPL, but as Kurt said by FA law we can't watch 3pm Saturday games live as it will affect ticket sales (not just for the Prem, but the smaller sides who might lose some fairweather fans as they choose to stay home and watch the top sides - and ticket income). Even though the days of 3pm Saturday games rarely have anything like a full fixture list now, this weekend is actually a rarity.

Though there are other methods of getting to see them live online if you really wanted to.

Isn't that unfair though? What if there are people who can't go out, or cannot buy tickets every Sunday? And if you're a Wolves fan for example, I'm sure you wouldn't watch the Man City match instead of your team's match
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2011, 01:28 PM) *
Isn't that unfair though? What if there are people who can't go out, or cannot buy tickets every Sunday? And if you're a Wolves fan for example, I'm sure you wouldn't watch the Man City match instead of your team's match

I meant more lower league, like Torquay etc that far down, when I say small teams I don't mean teams at the bottom of the Premiership, they are still 1000 times bigger than what teams in League 2 are or ever likely to be.

The general consensus is as there aren't any 3pm games on a Saturday it will push more to go to the grounds, especially the lower division clubs. Though it does happen, for example often lower league teams will move their games around if it clashes with an England game as they know attendance will be down significantly.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 10 2011, 01:46 PM) *
I meant more lower league, like Torquay etc that far down, when I say small teams I don't mean teams at the bottom of the Premiership, they are still 1000 times bigger than what teams in League 2 are or ever likely to be.

The general consensus is as there aren't any 3pm games on a Saturday it will push more to go to the grounds, especially the lower division clubs. Though it does happen, for example often lower league teams will move their games around if it clashes with an England game as they know attendance will be down significantly.

Oh, that makes more sense... But for example, today's matches, they're not being bradcast in England? I find that a bit strange. Even if it might put these clubs at a disadvantage. I know it's not a common kick off time, but like today, there were something like 5 matches and they weren't being broadcasted on TV? huh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2011, 04:37 PM) *
Oh, that makes more sense... But for example, today's matches, they're not being bradcast in England? I find that a bit strange. Even if it might put these clubs at a disadvantage. I know it's not a common kick off time, but like today, there were something like 5 matches and they weren't being broadcasted on TV? huh.gif

We get the United game later but no we don't get the 3pm games at all. We get like re-runs of the best game in full and highlights obviously but that's not for a few hours yet. I think there are some apps that let you watch the goals on your mobile device soon after they go in - think ESPN offer that.

I repeat I'm talking legally here there are obviously ways to see them online.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 10 2011, 04:44 PM) *
We get the United game later but no we don't get the 3pm games at all. We get like re-runs of the best game in full and highlights obviously but that's not for a few hours yet. I think there are some apps that let you watch the goals on your mobile device soon after they go in - think ESPN offer that.

I repeat I'm talking legally here there are obviously ways to see them online.

Sure, but if you're a paying customer then you should be able to have access to all the games live... Isn't that what they promote it as when you sign up for the package?

I know it's not their fault but I don't really think it makes any sense
William405
Stoke city won Liverpool 1-0.

-Shawcross was great,and whole stoke defended well.
-Downing had some good crosses here and there,but not playing Andy there didn't help him.
-Liverpool had a several good chances to equalize,including one where Henderson got his shot saved when he was on one on one the keeper,it bounced back to him,it got blocked again,but now bounced back to charlie adam who couldn't convert the opportunity.
-Charlie Adam's passing was pathetic,he made me cringe a lot.
-Lucas was his usual self,had only one or two bad passes overall.
-The goal was scored from a penalty caused by Carragher where he dragged the player down.
-Liverpool were denied a penalty which was a clear handball by some stoke city defender.

The game was tad boring smile.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2011, 04:58 PM) *
Sure, but if you're a paying customer then you should be able to have access to all the games live... Isn't that what they promote it as when you sign up for the package?

I know it's not their fault but I don't really think it makes any sense

No, not here.

They advertise the amount of games they have, and you get to know about them throughout the season. Obviously some games are pretty much definitely going to be on TV, then a selection of the rest.

Though it's not like Gamepass for the NFL where you can watch anything live for example, and to be fair they don't advertise that.

We get a crazy amount of football though, on average we get 2 games a Saturday and 2 a Sunday and often one on a Monday evening (all live) and that's just the EPL. Then we have about 4 Spanish Games, 3 Serie A games, 2 Bundesliga games, all live throughout the weekend. Let alone having other things to do or wanting to watch other sport so we get our fair share.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 10 2011, 05:05 PM) *
No, not here.

They advertise the amount of games they have, and you get to know about them throughout the season. Obviously some games are pretty much definitely going to be on TV, then a selection of the rest.

Though it's not like Gamepass for the NFL where you can watch anything live for example, and to be fair they don't advertise that.

We get a crazy amount of football though, on average we get 2 games a Saturday and 2 a Sunday and often one on a Monday evening (all live) and that's just the EPL. Then we have about 4 Spanish Games, 3 Serie A games, 2 Bundesliga games, all live throughout the weekend. Let alone having other things to do or wanting to watch other sport so we get our fair share.

Hmm, that makes more sense

Just watching the Arsenal highlights. What a howler on Arshavin's goal! Arsenal lucky to get out with a win there.
Milan Are Brilliant
United making it look terribly easy. Ok, I really think I'm majorly losing my interest in football, these one-sided games just aren't interesting anymore, in both Spain and England.

Hopefully the Serie A will bring me back somewhat.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 10 2011, 05:30 PM) *
United making it look terribly easy. Ok, I really think I'm majorly losing my interest in football, these one-sided games just aren't interesting anymore, in both Spain and England.

Hopefully the Serie A will bring me back somewhat.

I haven't seen one team in the EPL put up a real physical fight against United.
kurtsimonw
Went to Goodison today. Always nice going up there. One of the few proper football stadiums left and great, likeable, fans.

After we were done celebrating Stan's beauty:

Before the game, went over Stanley park to see Anfield:

We didn't deserve a point on performance. But for a 2nd season straight Everton get a very soft penalty. Another late goal from us to steal points from them, they must hate us. Amazingly 11 games in a row without defeat against Everton. The most played fixture in English football history and they're always brilliant!
Milan Are Brilliant
Great defending laugh.gif laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Odemwingie needs to be at a better club than Albion, he really is a good finisher.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 11 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Odemwingie needs to be at a better club than Albion, he really is a good finisher.

2 very poor sides, that's incredibly apparent watching (well, kind of watching) this SUPER Sunday laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.