Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 22 2012, 05:52 PM) *
Wow, Arsenal have been bad. And if any of you guys are watching can you see why I don't rate Walcott, and this isn't a massive surprise he's playing like this he plays like this 95% of the time.

As I said an hour or so ago in this thread Chamberlain looks like the better prospect, and the more dangerous for us in the tie.

Don't think anyone rates him that much, I think most are afraid of his speed if he catches out our terrible LB. Who's to bet that his one decent move would come against us on some ill-timed counter ala Lennon last season? Because this is the way things have been going for us in the CL in recent years.

And yes, Arsenal have been terrible, I think if we have Boateng and Aqui back for the games, we should be able to over-run their midfield. Though I was just wodering, who are they missing besides Gervinho due to the ACN and injuries?
CrazyMilanFan
some really good chances missed by arsenal espcially RVP miss
CrazyMilanFan
now excellent finish by rvp 1-1
Jack Bauer
Deserved. Thank god we have better defenders than Evans.
CrazyMilanFan
2-1 utd
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 22 2012, 05:08 PM) *
Don't think anyone rates him that much, I think most are afraid of his speed if he catches out our terrible LB. Who's to bet that his one decent move would come against us on some ill-timed counter ala Lennon last season? Because this is the way things have been going for us in the CL in recent years.

People are rating him enough to deem him as the big threat, as oppose to actual decent players like RVP. The thing is Lennon is better than Walcott, no doubt in my mind. He has his off games, but he has no where near as many off games as Walcott.

Walcott will run, run, run get to the corner of the goal and smash it as hard as possible 9 times out of 10.

Anyway, United win. Wenger kind of killed Arsenal's chances by taking off the impressive Chamberlain, as oppose to Walcott. Probably just about deserved.
Milan Are Brilliant
Even Souness agrees that they both should be sent off in the City-Spurs game and this is coming from an ex-Liverpool defender who hates United.
Milan Are Brilliant
FA are going to pursue a ban on Balotelli, though nothing on Lescott? So a double footed tackle is worse than elbowing someone in the face?!!! laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
That's stupid. Though City are short on defenders..
kurtsimonw
Seems all is not going well for Mr. Redknapp is court. A case of him and Mandaric trying to burry each other further in the crap at the moment it sounds like. laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
So Redknapp has set up an account in Monaco in which he has put all of his illegal money. His defence is that he didn't realise it was illegal. Why would you name the account after your dog if you didn't think you were doing anything wrong? laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
I'm looking forward to the day he's England manager biggrin.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 22 2012, 04:07 PM) *
If you play Balo, you run the risk of ending up with 10 men, but he'll win you games. If you play Pato, you are playing with 10 men and he won't win you games.

Hahahahaha nearly fell of my chair when I read that laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
"No income tax, no VAT. No premiership points off Man City, in the dock, face so pale, Harry Redknapps off to jail"

Via the Watford fans laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Just when you think De Gea couldn't get any worse laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
What's different between that and Kompany's tackle? Where's the consistency.

Should have been a sending off from 1st glance.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 28 2012, 03:07 PM) *
What's different between that and Kompany's tackle? Where's the consistency.

Should have been a sending off from 1st glance.

Yep, yep, yep.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 28 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Yep, yep, yep.

Just saw it back, disgraceful tackle.

That's a sending off any day of the week.

Though it's a game at Anfield, it's no surprise Liverpool will always get the decisions.

Looks like Racist FC are going through.

Johnny Evans & De Gea are absolutely atrocious.
Milan Are Brilliant
Shambles from ITV too, so they constantly focus on Suarez who, like it or not has been found guilty of racism like he's some sort of hero.

Yet they don't once mention the booing (and worse) by the majority of Liverpool fans to Evra?
Jack Bauer
De Gea is playing with no confidence at all, looks scared out there.
The second goal was Evra's fault.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 28 2012, 05:23 PM) *
De Gea is playing with no confidence at all, looks scared out there.

He might be 6'3 or a bit taller but when you're as skinny as the average 15 year old you have absolutely no chance in our league. Fergie has to drop him, get someone in to do a lot, and I mean a lot of weight training with him, a bit like what happened with Cristiano and then he may have a chance. Until then he's going to get out-muscled by every single attacker in the league, I haven't seen such a slight looking 20 year old outfield player, let alone keeper in years.

You can't get away with just being a relatively mundane shot stopper you have to come for crosses and impose yourself in almost all leagues but especially the EPL.

Evra was certainly at fault for the 2nd too, no doubt.
Jack Bauer
That too but right now he also needs mental support to boost his confidence. He's making stupid mistakes even when there's no opposition pressure. It's not easy to move to foreign country at such young age, the high price tag, the pressure of being the keeper of one of the best teams in the world etc. Not every kid can cope with it.
kurtsimonw
Gus Poyet > Newcastle.
Milan Are Brilliant
Newcastle were unlucky, should have had a pen in the last minute too, still a shock is decent to see.

Only real one of the round, not counting Crawley as one they have a budget of most high-end Championship clubs, they should be beating Hull more times than not.
Milan Are Brilliant
Villa are 2-0 up? laugh.gif
William405
Penalty!

And,Van persie slots it in.
Milan Are Brilliant
laugh.gif now it's 2-2, and Walcott scored the greatest goal ever, right? laugh.gif

3-2, jesus. What a time to tune in a few minutes ago.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 17 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Premiership: Chelsea (Fillipo, Kurt), Manchester United (Acid, MAB, LaPalma).
FA Cup: Arsenal (MAB), Chelsea (Acid), Liverpool (Fillipo, LaPalma), Manchester United (Kurt).
League Cup: Aston Villa (Fillipo), Liverpool (MAB), Manchester City (Acid, Kurt).

Relegation: Blackburn Rovers (MAB), Norwich City (Acid, MAB), Swansea City (Fillipo, Kurt), West Bromwich Albion (Fillipo), Wigan Athletic (Acid, Kurt, MAB) Wolverhampton Wanderers (Acid, Fillipo, Kurt).

Now this is starting to become a bit too damn weird!
kurtsimonw
Real gutless 2nd half. Hutton has to go in the summer, beyond awful.

Meeting Gerard Houllier before the game was pretty cool though. biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 29 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Now this is starting to become a bit too damn weird!

Tell me about it. blink.gif laugh.gif I should just have said Manchester for the league!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 30 2012, 05:33 AM) *
Tell me about it. blink.gif laugh.gif I should just have said Manchester for the league!

If I predict the winners alone that's something but aside of Norwich the relegation isn't far off either, ah if only I put a bet on laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 30 2012, 02:54 PM) *
If I predict the winners alone that's something but aside of Norwich the relegation isn't far off either, ah if only I put a bet on

laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif Haha, I think the situation will be clearer in say 2 months time, both at the top and bottom.
kurtsimonw
BREAKING NEWS: ANDY CARROLL SCORES
Jack Bauer
Bellamy 2-0, Hennessey screwed up.
Jack Bauer
Bale is more prolific this season, 10 golas and 7 assists already.
kurtsimonw
Yeah he's been good this season. Was pretty average last season and got Player of the Year. laugh.gif

Not EPL but wih 20 minutes to go.. Leeds 1-4 Birmingham. Zigic has all 4 goals. Well done Leeds, hope you return to League 1.
kurtsimonw
Former Red, Darren Gibson, scores for Everton against City, 1-0. United 2-0 up also.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 31 2012, 11:01 PM) *
BREAKING NEWS: ANDY CARROLL SCORES

LOL
This will be in the first page of every newspaper.
Jack Sparrow
So is he the new Heskey? unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
Heskey scored 22 goals in season when he was in his early 20s.
Milan Are Brilliant
I'm just waiting for the news that Liverpool have signed Grant Holt for £35m... after 6 decent months in the Prem.
kurtsimonw
United and Spurs win, Chelsea draw, City lose. A good night for the first 2.
Milan Are Brilliant
Transfer window was fairly mundane this Jan after the craziness of deadline day last year. Glad I didn't bother watching SSN around the clock, just to see Saha join Spurs laugh.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 31 2012, 09:57 PM) *
I'm just waiting for the news that Liverpool have signed Grant Holt for £35m... after 6 decent months in the Prem.

Rangers bloody well bid for him. I understand the bid was...£500k...
kurtsimonw
Leeds sack Simon Grayson 3 points outside the playoffs. Ken Bates is a real (none) genius. laugh.gif

All signs point to a Villa loss tonight. No away team has won in this fixture in the Premier League and Mark Hughes has never won at Villa Park. All streaks come to an end. dry.gif
kurtsimonw
Thought this was a nice write up from a QPR fan about Villa.

Aston Villa, a club with the potential for regular top six finishes, continue to drift in midtable under the uninspiring management of Alex McLeish.

Overview

There’s been much talk of ambition and potential around QPR this January. Mark Hughes left Fulham, who have a bigger stadium than Loftus Road and have been a Premiership team for more than a decade saying their ambition no longer matches his own, to join Rangers who play at 18,000 capacity Loftus Road and could easily be relegated this term in their first Premiership season for 15 years. That seemed a little perverse, so the club has spoken repeatedly about its ambition and potential ever since.

I don’t doubt their ambition, but whether QPR have potential to be much more than they are now I highly doubt. A new training ground may well be in the pipeline but we’re still training at below standard rented accommodation in the meantime and personally I question whether we’ll see a new stadium for Rangers in my lifetime. The potential on the pitch is therefore here only as long as Tony Fernandes wants to bankroll it, and when he doesn’t the potential is only to become the new Leeds or Portsmouth.

If you want to talk about potential then look to tonight’s opponents Aston Villa who are swimming in the stuff. Aston Villa are the only Premiership club in Britain’s second biggest city and as a consequence they are able to routinely attract more than 35,000 fans to their massive Villa Park home – there is even talk of expanding the ground still further, knocking down the stand behind the goal that we have been housed in on our last few visits to build a huge new rap-around design that would take the capacity beyond 50,000. Away from home Villa fans travel in huge numbers and are consistently the Premiership’s loudest and most vocal support. They have a state of the art training facility and youth academy that produces first team players like Barry Bannan and Gabby Agbonlahor, regularly threatening in the Academy League and FA Youth Cup as it goes. This is potential.

On the pitch, on paper at least, their team looks pretty competitive as well with the top division’s premier goal scorer Darren Bent now supported by Robbie Keane who has made a great start to life at Villa after moving this January and Agbonlahor who is carving out a new niche for himself wide on the left flank. Christ they also seem to be extracting some form from Stephen Ireland at long, long, long last. This is a team that is so much better than the twelfth position they currently occupy, as a recent thumping win at Chelsea testifies.

Their underperformance, and that’s definitely what this season and last is, can be put down to ownership which was once heralded as a model for other clubs to follow. Randy Lerner, American born owner of the Cleveland Browns, has made it pretty clear of late that there will be no spending beyond their means in order to compete. Admirable, and possibly still a model for other clubs to follow, but Villa’s defence is starting to age and slow and the lack of investment in the team is starting to show through. What Lerner needs is a manager adept at getting the best out of more limited resources and players, his summer pursuit of Roberto Martinez and David Moyes made perfect sense in that regard but to then appoint Alex McLeish when he failed with his first choices was a dreadful move that is steadily setting Villa back years.

The long suffering supporters continue to travel in amazing numbers to watch the stilted, negative rubbish McLeish is trying to make a reasonably talented and attack minded group of players produce but don’t feel too sorry for them. There’s a touch of the Charlton Athletics about all of this because when Martin O’Neill lead them to consecutive sixth placed finishes supporters moaned about not pushing on further for Champions League and not progressing. O’Neill is exactly who you need when purse strings are tightened and Villa have not, and will not for the foreseeable future, do as well as they did when O’Neill was in charge. If a lesson in the greenness of grass on the other side of the fence were required then appointing first Gerrard Houllier and then Alex McLeish to replace Martin O’Neill is about as chastening as an experience can be for a group of supporters.

At the moment this is a football club going to waste.

Though I do disagree with the MON assessment. It's easy to say he's the manager you want when purse strings are tight, but he walked out because he was told he needs to sell some players. (The likes of Habib Beye on 50k a week were barely even used) and he made some very poor transfers, wasting the clubs money (£10m on Curtis Davies!). Basically he wanted to spend how he saw fit and that's why we're now in the situation we're in now. Good man-manager, terrible (for the most part) in the transfer window.
kurtsimonw
Only explanation for the ref today is that we aren't allowed penalties. Great 2nd half and nice to see DB get his 100th EPL goal.
Milan Are Brilliant
What was Cisse's goal like, heard it was a bit of a screamer?
kurtsimonw
Was decent. Not sure who it was in midfield that had a shot, deflected and had a bit of weird spin on it, he hit it when the ball was on the up and Given had no chance.

He's the kind of striker QPR need. They didn't create anything , but he touches the ball once all game and it results in a goal.
William405
Arsenal with a hattrick from Van persie demolishing Blackburn 6-1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.