Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
han2503
Wow, what is happening in football with all these heart problems??

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Hospital statement saying critically ill in intensive care.

Glad that he's stable at least.

Wish him the best.
kurtsimonw
Unfortunately I don't think there's a positive outcome from this. It's Puerta all over again.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Unfortunately I don't think there's a positive outcome from this. It's Puerta all over again.

Did they manage to get Puerta to the hospital and stabilized, or did he die on the way?

I think having him stabilized in intensive care should give him at least a good chance
acid911
We can still hope. mellow.gif All the best to him!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 17 2012, 09:54 PM) *
Did they manage to get him to the hospital and stabilized, or did he die on the way?

I think having him stabilized in intensive care should give him at least a good chance

Puerta was in hospital for 3 days after the incident.

Hopefully Muamba will be different. Villa host Bolton on Tuesday, so I desperately hope there's no idiots who put the clu to shame over this.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 18 2012, 02:54 AM) *
Did they manage to get Puerta to the hospital and stabilized, or did he die on the way?

He died two days after, if I recall correctly. sad.gif They got him to the hospital in a stable condition!
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2012, 10:55 PM) *
Puerta was in hospital for 3 days after the incident.

Hopefully Muamba will be different. Villa host Bolton on Tuesday, so I desperately hope there's no idiots who put the clu to shame over this.

Still, there is always hope, depending on what the cause was. But I fail to see how a congenital defect could have been overlooked.

I doubt that. It's too serious a matter to do anything stupid. I watched a youtube clip of the whole thing, it was great to see the Spurs fans doing everything they could to be as respectful to the situation as they could have in the circumstances
Danny
Absolutely horrible thing to happen to anyone anywhere, but a young footballer in the public eye it's particularly sickening.

His heart has apparently stopped 4 times and he's beyond critical.

It does not look good for him at all.
acid911
Milan Are Brilliant
Still in a critical condition, it's really sad to be honest. The guy is only 23.
Milan Are Brilliant
Wolves losing 5-0 to United, look sure fire relegation to be honest.
kurtsimonw
What a shame. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Chelsea 4-1 up against Leicester. Torres has 2(!!!!!!! ohmy.gif).
William405
2 goals for Torres smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Marshall scored an amazing goal for 4-2, Meireles makes it 5-2.
William405
2 goals 2 assists for Torres,glad to see him back .
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 18 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Marshall scored an amazing goal for 4-2, Meireles makes it 5-2.

Cech was really in a bad position though to do any save,I guess it surprised him or something.
kurtsimonw
I'll wait until he scores against a Premier League team before declaring he is 'back'. Last time he did that was 24th September.
William405
Amazing finish by Cisse!
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 18 2012, 06:01 PM) *
I'll wait until he scores against a Premier League team before declaring he is 'back'. Last time he did that was 24th September.

Yeah,his finishing has been terrible,but I remember he had several assists over some time.Who knows he might explode if Chelsea plays with a good midfield,meaining:
Merieles
Lampard-Essien-Ramires
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 18 2012, 05:17 PM) *
Yeah,his finishing has been terrible,but I remember he had several assists over some time.Who knows he might explode if Chelsea plays with a good midfield,meaining:
Merieles
Lampard-Essien-Ramires

Chelsea should always play with a 4-3-3 formation, it's what suits best their players. Lampard-Essien-Ramires in midfield and Mata plus Sturridge on the flanks.
Milan Are Brilliant
Classy celebration by Cahill too, seeing with his Bolton connection and no doubt relation with Muamba.
Zed.D
Just heard about Muamba. horrible, horrible thing to happen. hopefully he recovers.
kurtsimonw
"Some news on Fabrice Muamba now, although it is not an update on his condition, which remains critical. It emerged today that paramedics could not get the 23-year-old's heart to start beating on its own for almost two hours after he suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed on the pitch during yesterday's FA Cup tie between Tottenham and Bolton."

2 hours? It's absolutely incredible he's still alive.
X-Offender
I don't believe this will have a happy ending. sad.gif
William405
Any updates?
kurtsimonw
Bolton and Muamba's family have thanked the media for their privacy, so I don't think we'll hear anything unless something actually happens.
Milan Are Brilliant
Yeah, our whole media has handled this situation really well I think, for once. Aside of The Sun, but like anyone should even be remotely surprised by that.
kurtsimonw
Signs of improvement, his heart is beating without medication. smile.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
News reports now suggesting he's speaking & understanding both French and English. Plus recognising visitors. Great news. Not sure if he will ever play football again but in terms of his life brilliant news.
acid911
Great news. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Gary Cahill! biggrin.gif

Tevez on.

Aguero penalty, 1-1. City fans barely even celebrate. They're turning into United fans. laugh.gif

****. Now Nasri scores.
han2503
Lol, Tevez with the assist!
Jack Bauer
Deserved. The better team won.
kurtsimonw
What's happened to Essien? Dreadful player.
Milan Are Brilliant
Idiotic from Essien to be honest. Dzeko changed the game under the radar too, Chelsea's defence looked completely unsettled once he came on.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Mar 21 2012, 10:49 PM) *
Idiotic from Essien to be honest. Dzeko changed the game under the radar too, Chelsea's defence looked completely unsettled once he came on.

Yep, Balo was terrible. Still can't believe he missed that one on one
Milan Are Brilliant
laugh.gif at Liverpool. Liverpool were 2-0 up about 10 minutes ago, QPR 3-2 now.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Yep, Balo was terrible. Still can't believe he missed that one on one

Barely saw him at all. He's like 6'3 isn't he? Didn't make an impression at all aerially. The one area City were struggling with when they had about 3, 5'6 guys dotted about.
Milan Are Brilliant
Most dreadful half I've seen in a long time.
Jack Bauer
Awesome goal from Crouch.
kurtsimonw
JESUS F'ING CHRIST!

What an amazing goal.
kurtsimonw
Shawcross deflection put keeper off a little, poor goal to conceed. 1-1, 15 to go.
kurtsimonw
Wow, United get away with one. Carrick fouls Murphy in the box in the 90th minute, but no penalty given. Though in the refs defense it does look like Carrick got the ball, when in fact he kicked Murphy's foot onto the ball.
Milan Are Brilliant
Was a penalty, thinking back United got done over by a Newcastle penalty earlier in the season, could argue this cancels that out a bit.
acid911
The Premier League this season is going to be interesting to the end. happy.gif At the top, as well as qualifications in Europe. Queens Park Rangers have been the biggest disappointment for me personally, not sure they can survive the cut.
kurtsimonw
The media in this country is awful. Been reading on the net about how bad Villa fans are for never giving McLeish a chance because of "where he is from". It has nothing to do with that, hence our banner "It's not where you're from, it's where you're taking us".

Not sure why the media are so desperate to paint such a negative picture of our fans. We consistantly sell out our away allocation, despite knowing exactly how the game is going to go and een though home attendances are down, they're still better than a lot of clubs.

There's also the fact we have won 7 league games. Sure we have 9 to play (though that includes Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Spurs, Stoke, Norwich away and an away derby at West Brom), but 7 wins is record-breakingly awful. Only twice in our history have we won 7 games - both were in a 22 game season, so the equivilent of winning about 12 games nowadays. We have twice in our history won 8 games - both times saw us relegated.

If we somehow manage to survive this season, I see it as just a matter of time until we go down. His track record is awful.

/rant.
kurtsimonw
Stan Petrov diagonsed with leukeamia. Get well soon, captain. sad.gif
I_Rossoneri
Just read on the net that Stiliyan Petrov has leukemia. Have you heard anything about this, Kurt?

More on the story from BBC.co.uk

Get well soon Stiliyan.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 30 2012, 05:18 PM) *
Get well soon Stiliyan.

+200 sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.