Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2011, 04:16 PM) *
Agreed.

Rooney often comes deep anyways. So they basically play with something like this..

Nani - Rooney - Young

------ Wellbeck -------

Then they've got Cleverly who looks to push forward a little and Anderson is a box-to-box player. Top DM and they'll be brilliant and could really challenge Barca.

Agreed, most of their chances come from Rooney dropping deep, playing the wide players or the wide players cutting in.
han2503
Wow, 3 great chances wasted already, Arsenal with 2 Man U with a guilt edged one for Cleverly
han2503
Oh, should have been another for United. Nani fluffing it
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 28 2011, 12:04 PM) *
Well, the thing is United allow themselves the time and space on the ball with the way they play! That's why I was saying I don't see too much difference between them and City to you before (and even more so with the display here).

Wouldn't say Anderson is the best option at DM. I think Park does a great job of breaking up play in tougher games. Fletcher can play that role to be honest too. Not saying they're great but they can do that role. Wouldn't be surprised to see Smalling moved to that role at times. To me they still need a central playmaker, a new Scholes.

He was practically the last man, it was by his knee, look on that direction. It wasn't his arms hauling him down. Definite foul really. Booking was for the foul, no doubt.

Unfortunately I don't have replay on my tv. In the moment I didn't see the knee but I may have missed it. I wish refs were more prompt when they card. Just a pet peeve of mine.
Milan Are Brilliant
4-1.
kurtsimonw
This is why English people get excited when a tournement comes around.

Rooney, on form, is out of this World.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2011, 05:24 PM) *
This is why English people get excited when a tournement comes around.

Rooney, on form, is out of this World.

Rooney in a tournament, is Championship material tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
Nani, 5.

Wow.
Milan Are Brilliant
5-1 laugh.gif laugh.gif

Embarrassing.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2011, 04:26 PM) *
Nani, 5.

Wow.

Starting to feel sorry for them now
kurtsimonw
Manchester 10-2 North London. laugh.gif laugh.gif
milanbuf88
This is embarrassing. Yes, Man U has been good, but lets be real Arsenal has been absolutely pathetic defensively.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 28 2011, 05:27 PM) *
This is embarrassing. Yes, Man U has been good, but lets be real Arsenal has been absolutely pathetic defensively.

Agreed, they look like we did under Leo when we came up against any offensively capable team
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 28 2011, 05:27 PM) *

3 of the goals were nothing to do with the defense though really. Just 2 peices of genius from Rooney and 1 from Young.
kurtsimonw
This is ridiculous.

Anything City do, United do better.
Milan Are Brilliant
6, this could be 8, 9 or 10.
X-Offender
6??? OMG!!! biggrin.gif
milanbuf88
OMG. haha they should just call the game now. I'm happy for Park though. I've always liked him. Such a solid player. Doesn't get enough credit usually.
kurtsimonw
6-2. Van Persie.
Milan Are Brilliant
7-6, they're gonna win 7-6.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2011, 04:28 PM) *
3 of the goals were nothing to do with the defense though really. Just 2 peices of genius from Rooney and 1 from Young.

Sure but why didn't they close down Young? Just left him with all the time needed to curl it in, it was like he was on the training pitch curling them in at will. Don't get me wrong, it was a brilliant goal, but why not close him down?

As for the free-kicks, they were practically identical, on the first the wall didn't even jump, only one Arsenal player tried to block it, the rest stood there as if they were rooted to the ground

There are serious problems at Arsenal imo, and not just footballing ones.
kurtsimonw
Jenkinson off. Bit harsh in my opinion, was shoulder to shoulder.
milanbuf88
Might be time for Wenger to buy a couple players capable of playing defense.
kurtsimonw
Penalty. Jesus Christ.
han2503
Soft, but so was the other one on Walcott
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 28 2011, 05:38 PM) *
Might be time for Wenger to buy a couple players capable of playing defense.

It might be a blessing in disguise for Arsenal fans. Might realise how much he needs players.

Rooney hat-trick.
Milan Are Brilliant
7-2... and City are better?!
KillerMax
7 .... laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 28 2011, 04:41 PM) *
7-2... and City are better?!

Come now, this doesn't exactly show their prowess. Arsenal have been horrible
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2011, 05:43 PM) *
Come now, this doesn't exactly show their prowess. Arsenal have been horrible

Spurs were bloody awful as well though.
I_Rossoneri
8-2....... blink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
8 Best. Winger. In. The. League.
Jack Bauer
8-2 WOW feel sorry for them.
KillerMax
This is ridiculous.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 28 2011, 12:51 PM) *
8-2 WOW feel sorry for them.

Everyone knows he kills it from that spot. WHY GIVE HIM SPACE?? Abysmal Arsenal today.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2011, 04:50 PM) *
Spurs were bloody awful as well though.

I don't think they were as bad as Arsenal though, this is just ridiculous

Young with an almost replica goal of his first and still no one even close to trying to close him down
Milan Are Brilliant
8-2, and lets not lie, it could and should have been above 10.
Jack Bauer
Wenger must go. I liked some of his brilliant Arsenal teams in the past but enough is enough. This Arsenal side is a mid table team at best.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 28 2011, 05:53 PM) *
Wenger must go. I liked some of his brilliant Arsenal teams in the past but enough is enough. This Arsenal side is a mid table team at best.

The question is, where is that money going, they practically sell a top player if not more every season, and their worst mistake is that they usually sell them to a rival
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 28 2011, 05:53 PM) *

They need to spend money, you really think anyone in world football could get class out of this team. Even their 'good' players aren't anything special.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 28 2011, 05:56 PM) *
They need to spend money, you really think anyone in world football could get class out of this team. Even their 'good' players aren't anything special.

Wilshire, Van Persie, aannndd..... No, that's about it
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2011, 06:00 PM) *
Wilshire, Van Persie, aannndd..... No, that's about it

I don't know if Wilshere will run a midfield on his own yet though. RVP is good, if he's fit.

Rosicky, Arshavin etc should be chucked.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 28 2011, 07:56 PM) *

Of course they do need to spend money, but even this group of players surely can look less pathetic than this. It was just beyond embarrassing, West Brom gave a much better fight against United.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 28 2011, 06:03 PM) *
I don't know if Wilshere will run a midfield on his own yet though. RVP is good, if he's fit.

Rosicky, Arshavin etc should be chucked.

I think he could do it if he had someone that could cover him, Arsenal also have a very soft center. They need someone who will fight for the ball, cover spaces and help out the defenders.

Arsahvin just looks like an out of shape little person that once used to know how to play actual football.

Highlight of the match for me, don't know if anyone else caught it, but at one point the camera caught a chubby look-a-like of Iniesta behind the goal among the fans biggrin.gif

Even the hairline was the same biggrin.gif
X-Offender
I expect Arsenal fans to shut their trap for a while now. This is beyond embarrassing.
kurtsimonw
And people used to say I was biased and a homer when I called Young one of the best in the World. laugh.gif

He is as good as, if not better than, Giggs was at his best.
X-Offender
I'm curious to see how Napoli will fare against City.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 28 2011, 07:00 PM) *
I'm curious to see how Napoli will fare against City.

I don't think they'll do that well, they have a tendency to crumble on the big stage.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2011, 07:11 PM) *
And people used to say I was biased and a homer when I called Young one of the best in the World. laugh.gif

For the record I've always been a fan and he's impressed me since his Watford days.
kurtsimonw
Worst start in 20 years for Arsenal. 2 wins in their last 14 league games. That's relegation form and they had Cesc/Nasri for over half of that run..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.