Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 07/08
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74
agenth
and Alex signs for Chelsea... unsure.gif mad.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mchanna @ Aug 11 2007, 12:44 AM)
and Alex signs for Chelsea...  unsure.gif  mad.gif

He was a Chelsea player on loan to PSV in the last 2? years. Everybody knew that. And Mourinho with all those injuries last year decided to bring the Brazillian NT player to the team.

I hope he's a bit tired of being a sub in the end of the season and sign for us. biggrin.gif wink.gif

He's still 25. He'd make a superb partnership with Nesta.
agenth
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 11 2007, 12:58 AM)
He was a Chelsea player on loan to PSV in the last 2? years. Everybody knew that. And Mourinho with all those injuries last year decided to bring the Brazillian NT player to the team.

I hope he's a bit tired of being a sub in the end of the season and sign for us.  biggrin.gif  wink.gif

He's still 25. He'd make a superb partnership with Nesta.

yep! i meant he signed for 3 years...
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage...1089287,00.html

but the funny thing is...
that he took the bus from the stadium to his hotel LMAO
Portman
QUOTE (mchanna @ Aug 11 2007, 01:00 AM)
yep! i meant he signed for 3 years...
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage...1089287,00.html
but the funny thing is...
that he took the bus from the stadium to his hotel LMAO

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
dst
Bernie Ecclestone is interested in buying Arsenal!?
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 11 2007, 01:26 PM)
Bernie Ecclestone is interested in buying Arsenal!?

I thought he and Briatore just bought QPR some days ago. huh.gif
Portman
OMG. FT Sunderland 1-0 Tottenham ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

They scored in the last minute of the match. Unbelievable.
arivanjj
Martin's goal

he's feeling cool tonight cool.gif
Locke Lamora
Shame that Tottenham had to start the season against a team so superior to them. Poor guys...

Damn Newcastle are showing class now...
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 11 2007, 04:40 PM)
OMG. FT Sunderland 1-0 Tottenham  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

They scored in the last minute of the match. Unbelievable.

What's so unbelievable about that!?? Haven't you ever watched football before?
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 11 2007, 04:37 PM)
What's so unbelievable about that!?? Haven't you ever watched football before?

I meant... Sunderland beating Tottenham = Big surprise. Specially when everybody thought it would be a draw.

Tottenham have a great squad. IMHO at the same level at the Arsenal one.

Sunderland... have Roy Keane as coach. The biggest cnut around.
Portman

City = Eriksson + Elano + Bojinov + Richards + some more = quality there.

West Ham = No Benayoun = No creativity
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 11 2007, 04:44 PM)

laugh.gif
Tennie
Go Black Cats! (even though - don't hit me, Locke! - I do like Spurs)
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 11 2007, 03:44 PM)

On Paper I think it's better, pity about today, still they will end up above Arsenal this season no doubt
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Aug 11 2007, 05:43 PM)
On Paper I think it's better, pity about today, still they will end up above Arsenal this season no doubt

huh.gif
kurtsimonw
FT Villa 1-2 Mike Reiley.

Martin Laursen scored an unlucky own goal. 1-0 Liverpool.

Carragher handballed, Barry scored penalty ''85.

Petrov wins the ball from Gerrard, free kick given? Goal '87.

David Ellery goes to the bookies to collect his winnings. rolleyes.gif

Anybody that watches the game, telle me how fair the ref was. laugh.gif
Portman
Just watched the Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool

+Torres debut (He was OK. Some good plays with Gerrard and Kuyt. He was on the first goal play.)
+Gerrard (Magnificent freekick 1 min after Villa drew. That's a captain!)
+Liverpool win (Finally they get a good start in the EPL, in a difficult pitch like Villa Park.)
+Benitez goatee (It's something. biggrin.gif )

-Martin O'Neill (Always complaining.)
-Young (The best from Villa. Just put him here because he's always complaining with the ref.)
-Pennant (This guy sometimes plays some really good matches [against us in the CL final, vs. Chelsea, etc] but some others he's sh!t like today.)
-Carragher (The best defender from Liverpool today, but that stupid penalty... no comments.)
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2007, 07:16 PM)
FT Villa 1-2 David Ellery.

Martin Laursen scored an unlucky own goal. 1-0 Liverpool.

Carragher handballed, Barry scored penalty ''85.

Petrov wins the ball from Gerrard, free kick given? Goal '87.

David Ellery goes to the bookies to collect his winnings.  rolleyes.gif

Anybody that watches the game, telle me how fair the ref was.  laugh.gif

You were at the stadium? You're damn quick getting home. You live next-to the stadium uh?

The ref? TBH I think he was OK. The Petrov thing was foul IMO.

Yeah, I forgot OUR LAURSEN! What a great goal it was. He did "a Nistelrooy" there. wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 11 2007, 09:18 PM)
Just watched the Aston Villa 1-2 *********

Why do you have to like the only two teams I hate!!??? A stupid b!tch you are!!

I hope their captain breaks both his legs... irreversibly!! smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Nah,I'm using the internet through my dads phone, on my brothers laptop. Bit silly having it in the car with all these Scousers around. tongue.gif

I've not seen the replay of Laursen's goal or anything, looked pretty bad to me. MON isn't one to complain with referees, I've never seen him like this in my life, the whole Villa team surrounded him at the end, pretty disgraceful performance.

Torres was superb for me, looked really good everytime he touched the ball.
Steven Gerrard, unfortunately, is the biggest match winner in the League, had a good game.
Freddie Bouma made Pennant look like sh!te. biggrin.gif But lost his head a bit.
Laursen went off sick at half time, I would be after that goal!
Stuart Taylor in goal was magnificent for us, nothing he could have done about either goal, full credit to him.
I think I'm developing some sort of man crush on Gareth Barry, he's always there at the right moment for us, great penalty vs Reina.

I'm not too disappointed with the perfromance, just the result and the referee. Good game to watch for the last 20 minutes. Put me off Liverpool a bit, especially with the way Carragher was, lost alot of respect for him after today.

Chelsea for the title!
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 11 2007, 07:27 PM)
Why do you have to like the only two teams I hate!!??? A stupid b!tch you are!!

I hope their captain breaks both his legs... irreversibly!!  smile.gif

I don't like Liverpool - I just respect them (probably the team I respect more in England) and like some of their players: Stevie, Alonso, Masch, Torres...

If it was up to me, they'll be the Champs. Either them or Chelsea. Not for Mourinho... just because I hate ManUtd arrogance and L'Arsenal french-connection.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2007, 07:29 PM)
Nah,I'm using the internet through my dads phone, on my brothers laptop. Bit silly having it in the car with all these Scousers around.  tongue.gif

Lucky cnut with all that good stuff. wink.gif

[I've it too but still... tongue.gif ]
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 11 2007, 09:37 PM)
I don't like Liverpool - I just respect them

I'd respect them too if they were playing in the Championship!
kurtsimonw
I really don't know what to think of Liverpool's title chances after this. They were the better team in the game, but I don't see where they're going to get the goals from. Torres looked sharp, but his finishing was very, very poor.

An own goal and a free-kick like that aren't going to happen every week. I think they'll have a similar season to last year, won't conceed many, but they'll struggle to score for sure.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2007, 08:52 PM)
I really don't know what to think of Liverpool's title chances after this. They were the better team in the game, but I don't see where they're going to get the goals from. Torres looked sharp, but his finishing was very, very poor.

An own goal and a free-kick like that aren't going to happen every week. I think they'll have a similar season to last year, won't conceed many, but they'll struggle to score for sure.

What did you want to see? A 0-5 with a Torres hattrick and 2 Gerrard goals from Liverpool's half?

Villa Park is one of the most difficult pitches in England. It won't be a "piece of cake" for Arsenal, United or Chelsea.

All the new players (Torres, Benayoun, Babel, Voronin...) need time to settle. Not only in the team and the EPL but in the new city too.

Time will say what this Liverpool can do.
kurtsimonw
What did you want to see? A 0-5 with a Torres hattrick and 2 Gerrard goals from Liverpool's half?

I never want to see Liverpool score at Villa Park! tongue.gif

Villa Park is one of the most difficult pitches in England. It won't be a "piece of cake" for Arsenal, United or Chelsea.

I know it's tough for teams to come here and win, but they weren't too threatening, only when we moved to three at the back they started to create more chances.

All the new players (Torres, Benayoun, Babel, Voronin...) need time to settle. Not only in the team and the EPL but in the new city too.

The team was not much change from last year. Torres was the only new man to start the game. I thought they were better, but their style of play was very poor. I don't know if they're used to playing with Crouch, but Agger was just smacking the ball 40 yards upfield for Kuyt and Torres, Alonso was invisible.

I just don't see them scoring many goals, when you consider Laursen went off at half time, we had a centre mid playing at right back and Sorensen was missing between the posts. Their main problem is their RM for me. It's a very biased opinion, but Pennant is sh!t. He wasted too many crosses and gets wound up too easily. Maybe with Mascherano and some more of their new boys playing they'll be a much bigger threat. Then again, like you said, 3 points at Villa Park, a win to start the season.. Something Rafa's never had, maybe that'll boost their season!
Portman
Do you think Liverpool played with their best team?

Far from that IMO.

------------------Torres---------------------
Babel-----------Gerrard------Benayoun---
--------Mascherano----Alonso--------------
Riise-----Agger-------Carragher---Finnan

OR

----------Torres-----Kuyt-----------
Babel--Gerrard--Alonso*--Benayoun
Riise---Agger---Carragher---Finnan

*or Mascherano

Specially the 1st one, I think it's really strong. Just look at their midfield. That can easily be a 4-5-1 with Babel on the left (his best place - LW) and Benayoun closing on the right.

Kewell, Sissoko, Kuyt, Crouch, Voronin as quality options to put in.
kurtsimonw
I think they were missing 2 starters from today. Arbeloa and Pennant OUT. Mascherano and Babel IN. Then it'd have been their first XI.

I'm not a fan of Babel, but he did look pretty good when he came on, forced a good save, then went and missed an easy chance to make it 2-0. unsure.gif
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2007, 09:50 PM)
I think they were missing 2 starters from today. Arbeloa and Pennant OUT. Mascherano and Babel IN. Then it'd have been their first XI.

I'm not a fan of Babel, but he did look pretty good when he came on, forced a good save, then went and missed an easy chance to make it 2-0.  unsure.gif

Babel is a mini-Henry. He can play on the right but there he plays 60% of what he can do on the left. Riise should be the LB and Kewell/Babel rotating.

Arbeloa is OK for a sub, although he did a magnificent job on his debut (remember Camp Nou vs. Messi?).

Again, even if they played their best 11... they'd need time to get used to it. It's not 1 or 2 months of training.
kurtsimonw
Watching Match of the Day at the moment.
West Ham 0-2 Man City

Geovanni and Bianchi with the goals.

Geovanni, Bianchi, Elano, Petrov and Bojinov all looked pretty good, as bad as their opponents were. Sven's made some decent signings.. Even without seeing them play before. rolleyes.gif
Tennie
Shock of the morning: Fulham lead Arsenal 1-0. David Healy goal in the first minute. Looks like Jens is going to have a long day.
Locke Lamora
Why does every fu*king keeper in the Premiership have their match of their lives when they play against us? And Warner isn't even Fulham's first choice keeper...sh*t this is ugly.
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 12 2007, 01:08 PM)
Why does every fu*king keeper in the Premiership have their match of their lives when they play against us? And Warner isn't even Fulham's first choice keeper...sh*t this is ugly.

What about Lehmann? laugh.gif

Here you go... there's nothing like a penalty to get back on track.

2-1 but this Arsenal is going nowhere. Not in the CL or EPL.
Locke Lamora
Bitter are we?

But what a goal by Hleb. Brilliant.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 12 2007, 03:52 PM)
2-1 but this Arsenal is going nowhere. Not in the CL or EPL.

Relax!

Here you come with predictions again... this Arsenal is a great team they just don't have the consistency champions do and the way to beat team that defend 95' like Fulham! But against the big teams they turn it on and they can beat anyone... like they beat United twice last season, home and away!! And they're gonna go real far in the CL if they don't fall upon the PSV's and Schalke's and whatnot...
Locke Lamora
Still, we have to sort out our defence.
Gallas and Toure can't work together, so either Senderos steps up or we have to find a new CB. And Lehmann is loking very, very shaky, but we have cover for him in Almunia and Fabianski. I feel the rest of the team works well, when Adebayor and Da Silva are ready for action I think we can begin converting our 20+ chances.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 12 2007, 04:14 PM)
Still, we have to sort out our defence.
Gallas and Toure can't work together, so either Senderos steps up or we have to find a new CB. And Lehmann is loking very, very shaky, but we have cover for him in Almunia and Fabianski. I feel the rest of the team works well, when Adebayor and Da Silva are ready for action I think we can begin converting our 20+ chances.

Gallas and Toure will get it right... it may cost but they will... don't forget Gallas was covering for three different positions last season so it's not like they've played next to each other (in the center) for that long!

Lehmann just don't have it anymore! He makes one big mistake in every single game!! I hope Fabianski is good cause Almunia is not anything special either...

Adebayor will convert? He's a bad finisher so I don't see where you got that from... I hope da Silva can aim right!

Hleb rocks! cool.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 12 2007, 02:01 PM)
Relax!

Here you come with predictions again... this Arsenal is a great team they just don't have the consistency champions do and the way to beat team that defend 95' like Fulham! But against the big teams they turn it on and they can beat anyone... like they beat United twice last season, home and away!! And they're gonna go real far in the CL if they don't fall upon the PSV's and Schalke's and whatnot...

[From yesterday talk]

You really like those french hypocrates cnuts. wink.gif
Portman
LOL. That Birmingham keeper really sucks. rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 12 2007, 04:47 PM)
[From yesterday talk]

You really like those french hypocrates cnuts.  wink.gif

Wow! You found out! ohmy.gif tongue.gif

Ever since Bergkamp moved there I've liked them... I love they way they play more than anything else. I like the Dutch players (except for Van Bommel and Boulahrouz) and Bergkamp was one of my favorites growing up so I loved to watch him and Overmars play... Now there's Van Persie!! Of the French... I only like Pires and Clichy... Henry and Vieira are far from being my favorite players...
Locke Lamora
Adebayor ain't THAT sh*t.
As for Lehman...I just don't know anymore. He's gone downhill since the 2006 CL, where he was one of the best keepers in the world. One thing is for sure, though: This is Lehmanns last season at the Emirates.
Gallas has sorted out his whining, but is still nowhere close to his performances earlier in his career.
Hleb is finally starting to show why we brought him in, I just hope he does it more often. Da Silva...well 34 goals in 32 games are saying something, even if its in the Croatian league.

And one more thing.
We need to practise our corners. Van Persie, Rosicky and Hleb gets owned in the air...oh wait we have Bendtner. And Gilberto, when he returns.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 12 2007, 03:00 PM)
Wow! You found out! ohmy.gif  tongue.gif

Ever since Bergkamp moved there I've liked them... I love they way they play more than anything else. I like the Dutch players (except for Van Bommel and Boulahrouz) and Bergkamp was one of my favorites growing up so I loved to watch him and Overmars play... Now there's Van Persie!! Of the French... I only like Pires and Clichy... Henry and Vieira are far from being my favorite players...

Van Pérseee. biggrin.gif

Anyway, why the Silvio avatar? Expecting some magic-transfer after Ferragosto in Italy? wink.gif Or any political reason?
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 12 2007, 05:04 PM)
Anyway, why the Silvio avatar? Expecting some magic-transfer after Ferragosto in Italy?  wink.gif

Maybe I am... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 12 2007, 05:03 PM)
Adebayor ain't THAT sh*t.

Well, he is though...

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 12 2007, 05:03 PM)
Hleb is finally starting to show why we brought him in, I just hope he does it more often. Da Silva...well 34 goals in 32 games are saying something, even if its in the Croatian league.

Hleb was good from day one! He's been one of Arsenal's best and most consistent players!

As for da Silva... I don't know... everything will be proved on the field...

Bendtner is among the worst players Wenger has ever brought to Arsenal!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 12 2007, 03:59 PM)
Maybe I am...  biggrin.gif
Well, he is though...

Hleb was good from day one! He's been one of Arsenal's best and most consistent players!

As for da Silva... I don't know... everything will be proved on the field...

Bendtner is among the worst players Wenger has ever brought to Arsenal!

Not THAT sh*t.

Hleb one of our most consistent players???
No way.

Agree with you on Da Silva.

Give Bendtner some time.
whoarethepatriots
Whats happened to Sheva, he hasnt featured much for CHE recently
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 12 2007, 06:46 PM)
Not THAT sh*t.

Hleb one of our most consistent players???
No way.

Agree with you on Da Silva.

Give Bendtner some time.

Okay we should stop! rolleyes.gif tongue.gif He's good but I don't think you can rely on him to convert Arsenal's chances more efficiently than others...

Hleb is always good. Even when he's crap attacking wise, he covers much space and many lanes in defence! He does a lot of silent work!

I'll give Bendtner as much time as you want, he'll fail anyway... biggrin.gif
Locke Lamora
Looks like Man U failed in the opening match.
Playing 'gainst a ten-man Reading and still can't get the ball in the net.

Oops, free kick...
Locke Lamora
Its over, my predictions went to hell except for the Arsenal game.
Portman
Manchester U 0-0 Reading

The cnuts drew. biggrin.gif
Not even playing against 10 the last 20 minutes...

Rooney was injuried in the first half = O'Shea as striker. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.