Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
William405
Roma and Milan are in mourning after the sudden death of Scudetto-winning full-back Aldo Maldera.

The former Italian international had notched up 228 appearances for Milan before going to Roma from 1982-85 and finishing his career with Fiorentina in 1987.

Maldera won the Scudetto at Milan in 1979 and with Roma in 1983, plus two Coppa Italia trophies and the Mitropa Cup.

He died at the age of 58 after a short illness.

R.I.P

Has anyone seen him play?
Fillipo Simone
Good God, he was a Milan legend. Yep, I saw tons of matches he played, not live but on video. Really a good player.

RIP
kurtsimonw
RIP.
acid911
RIP. sad.gif
X-Offender
Apparently Berlusconi has agreed to sell his Villa Certosa to sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahayan for a staggering €470 million, money that will be used to cover for the €540 million debt of Mondadori.

Link
dst
And the difference is 70m. Which means he'll use the money we got from the Ibra/Silva sale and he'll still have 5m to spend on 500 EUR10,000 whores! Life's great for Silvio! tongue.gif
Jack Bauer

It looks nice and all but €470 million? blink.gif
han2503
There is no way that any piece of property could be worth that much.

He should have sold half of the club for that!! Maybe we could see some forward movement in the near future
Jack Sparrow
So we now know what the meeting with the Emirates people was all about. biggrin.gif And here we thought they wanted to invest in Milan!! biggrin.gif

Plus the price is probably all because of location. biggrin.gif
acid911
That's one biggrin.gif too many, Jack. Don't tell me you are getting a cut from the €470 million or so?!
Jack Sparrow
I wish! smile.gif I mean I should. I defend Berlusca and Galliani enough over here!!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 10 2012, 12:07 PM) *
I defend Berlusca and Galliani enough over here!!

dry.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 10 2012, 04:07 AM) *
I wish! smile.gif I mean I should. I defend Berlusca and Galliani enough over here!!

Yep. Enough is a good word.
Jack Sparrow
Enough to deserve a 470 million villa..is what I mean.
han2503
How can property be worth so much?

Is the Villa made out of gold FFS??!
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Berlu had it specially outfitted for maximum ... utility.... when hosting "events."
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2012, 03:53 PM) *

it's worth as much as they can sell it for
X-Offender
Milan 5th club in the world for Facebook likes (11.5 million).

Link

cool.gif
Fillipo Simone
Not bad. Hope everyone of you guys "liked" Milan smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 18 2012, 09:17 AM) *
I know Allegri's a weak starter, but the league and the CL are no longer weak competitions where eventually we can catch up and overhaul any competition.

The above is what I meant the other day when I said over-criticism of Allegri.

"Allegri is to blame for all the injuries" - JB dismissed that myth showing previous seasons under Leo and Carlo with lots of injuries. Milan have a problem with injuries, that problem is not Allegri.

"Allegri is a weak starter" - No. Milan are weak starters.

Our past 7 starts (and how we did at the half way point - and defeats)

Carlo 06/07 start - Won 3 of first 7, 4 of first 12, 5 of first 16. (8 of first 19 - 3 defeats)
Carlo 07/08 start - Won 1 of first 6, 2 of first 9, 4 of first 14. (8 of first 19 - 5 defeats)
Carlo 08/09 start - Won 1 of first 3, 3 of first 6. (11 of first 19 - 4 defeats)
Leo 09/10 start - Won 1 of first 3, 2 of first 7, 4 of first 10. (won 12 of first 19 - 4 defeats)
Allegri 10/11 start - Won 1 of first 4, 4 of first 8. (won 12 of first 19 - 4 defeats)
Allegri 11/12 start - Won 1 of first 5. (won 12 of first 19 - 3 defeats)
Allegri 12/13 start - Won 1 of first 4.

Allegri isn't a problem with slow starts, it's a Milan problem. If anything in recent times, Allegri is our best starter, Averages joint most wins with Leo, averages most points and less defeats at the half way stage (and importantly at the end).

/rantonridiculousantiallegrimyths

Fillipo Simone
What this nice display of stats does not reveal however is that Milan with Allegri and his system plays bad football, worse then Leo's or Carlo's. Leo's was a mess; while Carlo - I remember a few of those bad starts - mostly it were unlucky matches where we dominated but couldn't break our oppositions X men defending.

This however is something different. This is a real crisis. Yesterday Boban said on TV that this is the weakest Milan in 25 years, starting from the coach and ending with the players.

Allegri sure isn't the sole responsible man; but he's not helping either. His system is too rigid, just like Zaccheroni's was. He's forcing Milan and the players to play roles they're not comfortable with and that make them look worse then they really are. He's missing out on many special characteristics a player has and can add to the team. He's having his favorites, while others end up being sidelined without even a chance to prove themselves.

Finally, every single goddamn lineup he starts has to be fixed - either in half time or around 60'. Isn't this an indicator?
han2503
@ kurt, you're only showing Carlo's weakest seasons with Milan. The previous 3 were a lot better
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 18 2012, 02:13 PM) *
What this nice display of stats does not reveal however is that Milan with Allegri and his system plays bad football, worse then Leo's or Carlo's. Leo's was a mess; while Carlo - I remember a few of those bad starts - mostly it were unlucky matches where we dominated but couldn't break our oppositions X men defending.

This however is something different. This is a real crisis. Yesterday Boban said on TV that this is the weakest Milan in 25 years, starting from the coach and ending with the players.

Allegri sure isn't the sole responsible man; but he's not helping either. His system is too rigid, just like Zaccheroni's was. He's forcing Milan and the players to play roles they're not comfortable with and that make them look worse then they really are. He's missing out on many special characteristics a player has and can add to the team. He's having his favorites, while others end up being sidelined without even a chance to prove themselves.

Finally, every single goddamn lineup he starts has to be fixed - either in half time or around 60'. Isn't this an indicator?

Couldn't agree more ...

Obviously we have a weak squad in comparison. A long season awaits Allegri, and his eggs do not fit the bill when peered 'pound for pound' against the likes of Napoli, Juventus etc ... Let alone the strong teams in the CL.

Many, on here, claim that Milan is better equipped to Samp and Atalanta, however I disagree. I believe Samp and Atalanta have a better team cohesion than our beloved Milan, simply because they have experience and a well drilled team.

We need time, we lost a lot with the departures of the senators alone. Once they departed, the squad lost something significant. Now it all rests on Allegri who does not have the luxury of time and as such he will be axed if the results don't go our way. With that said, I have sympathy for him, as I doubt he can transform our end results.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 18 2012, 12:13 PM) *

Yes, but the comment I was responding to was talking about slow stats. My post had nothing to do with quality of football. Leo played good football but didn't get results, Carlo's team played good football in his first few seasons but it got significantly worse every year.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 18 2012, 12:41 PM) *
@ kurt, you're only showing Carlo's weakest seasons with Milan. The previous 3 were a lot better

I was showing his most recent. To show that it's common for us to start slow.

"But... but... Carlo had a goos start 10 years ago when we had the best squad in football" doesn't really change that.

Fact is our slow starts go on for 4 years before Max even got here, yet he gets blamed. Our injuries go before Allegri, he gets blamed. One thing that didn't happen much recently before Allegri was winning a title which he, of course, gets no credit for. laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 18 2012, 12:50 PM) *
Yes, but the comment I was responding to was talking about slow stats. My post had nothing to do with quality of football. Leo played good football but didn't get results, Carlo's team played good football in his first few seasons but it got significantly worse every year.

I was showing his most recent. To show that it's common for us to start slow.

"But... but... Carlo had a goos start 10 years ago when we had the best squad in football" doesn't really change that.

Fact is our slow starts go on for 4 years before Max even got here, yet he gets blamed. Our injuries go before Allegri, he gets blamed. One thing that didn't happen much recently before Allegri was winning a title which he, of course, gets no credit for. laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

What I wanted to say by that is that you have to show Carlo's full record. Showing only part of it doesn't say anything. Those 3 seasons were Carlo's worst at Milan and I'm not talking about the start but in general
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 18 2012, 06:20 PM) *
What I wanted to say by that is that you have to show Carlo's full record. Showing only part of it doesn't say anything. Those 3 seasons were Carlo's worst at Milan and I'm not talking about the start but in general

I know what you were saying, but my point was it's something that's been around for a while. We may have won 38/38 the season before what I put, doesn't change the fact we've been bad starters for a long time.
Jack Sparrow
I also think until this season, Allegri's had a much better squad than Carlo did in the last 3. Zlatan, Thiago and Nesta by themselves change things.
Zed.D
I think we played some really good football in Allegri's first season. last season wasn't nearly as good and this season... well, you know.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 19 2012, 11:35 AM) *
I also think until this season, Allegri's had a much better squad than Carlo did in the last 3. Zlatan, Thiago and Nesta by themselves change things.

Much better squad? Pretty sure Carlo also had Nesta. He also managed to finish 5th with Cafu, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka', Pato (and Gattuso, Pippo and Seedorf who a number are very fond of).

Think you need to remember Allegri has made a profit on transfers in his time as coach. Which other Milan coach has had to put up with that?

Am I saying he's a great coach? No. But expecting a borderline Europa League team to do anything better than maybe qualify for the Europa League is deluded. Or do you share Galliani's delusion that he should be winning the title?
Jack Sparrow
Not really. Nesta was completely out of things. Much like Pippo was last year. Allegri almost had Nesta on call far more.

In any case, no goals scored in 5 games at home is not good. Winning 5 out of 24 Champions League games is also not good.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 19 2012, 10:21 AM) *
Much better squad? Pretty sure Carlo also had Nesta. He also managed to finish 5th with Cafu, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka', Pato (and Gattuso, Pippo and Seedorf who a number are very fond of).

Think you need to remember Allegri has made a profit on transfers in his time as coach. Which other Milan coach has had to put up with that?

Am I saying he's a great coach? No. But expecting a borderline Europa League team to do anything better than maybe qualify for the Europa League is deluded. Or do you share Galliani's delusion that he should be winning the title?

+1

It hurts to see Milan in this state, but the results at present are not shocking to me.

It's disappointing, but not completely unexpected. If continuous losses become a habit, even after we recover Monti, Pato & Bino, then things may begin to boil over for me, but as of now, it is what it is! dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 19 2012, 02:56 PM) *
I think we played some really good football in Allegri's first season. last season wasn't nearly as good and this season... well, you know.

I disagree. Under Allegri we played dry football based only on the ingenuity of one individual. I acknowledge Allegri's scudetto success, but I'll never acknowledge we played especially good.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 19 2012, 04:21 PM) *

That's a very selective memory. Because Pippo was out for a long time, while mentioning Nesta is just ridiculous as he practically couldn't play a normal season.

Maldini and Pirlo sure. Pato? You mean the 17 year old Pato? Come on!

We're not a borderline Europa League team and I'm convinced a good coach would have at least secured us the 3rd spot. But right now Kurt - we're not Europa League - we're playing like a Serie B team, and that has awfully lot to do with Allegri's vision and sense for the game.
X-Offender
Wow! Apparently there was a big quarrel between Allegri and Inzaghi today at the Vismara sporting center. Allegri had gone there to watch the training of our youth teams, and thus the meeting with Inzaghi was inevitable. At first the two shook hands, but then they started insulting each-other with heavy words.

Link

blink.gif
kurtsimonw
laugh.gif
Jack Bauer
What a mess we have become recently.. Sometimes I think we need to replace everyone starting with Berlu, ending with the janitor.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 20 2012, 08:15 PM) *
What a mess we have become recently.. Sometimes I think we need to replace everyone starting with Berlu, ending with the janitor.

Amen. sleep.gif
Fillipo Simone
Pippo? No way should be replace him.

Allegri obviously lost it. Rino, Nesta, Pippo,...all of them know and knew it before.
Jack Sparrow
The twitter account on Milan I follow has more details quoting Gazzetta. Apparently the fight with Allegri and Pippo had them abusing each other and Max accusing Pippo of trying to steal his job. rolleyes.gif

I hope this isn't true.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 21 2012, 12:11 PM) *
The twitter account on Milan I follow has more details quoting Gazzetta. Apparently the fight with Allegri and Pippo had them abusing each other and Max accusing Pippo of trying to steal his job. rolleyes.gif

I hope this isn't true.

FI is reporting the same. I side with Pippo on this one, Allegri can go **** himself! Regardless of who was right/wrong.
Jack Sparrow
Yeah the story is, Pippo told Max he has not clue what he's doing...and Max said Pippo is trying to steal his job. Weird!

But if it comes down to Pippo vs Max, I think we know how this fight will end.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 21 2012, 12:51 AM) *
Amen. sleep.gif

The thing I Hate about all the calls for replacing X and Y (players or management) is no one is got a replacement in mind. We just think anyone but the current person will work. I would think Inter showed us enough why it's a bad idea.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 21 2012, 09:39 AM) *
FI is reporting the same. I side with Pippo on this one, Allegri can go **** himself! Regardless of who was right/wrong.

devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

Forza Pippo!!
X-Offender
Peace between Inzaghi and Allegri

Massimiliano Allegri and Pippo Inzaghi have appeared on Milan Channel to deny stories of a bust up earlier this week.

Reports this morning suggested that the two men had a row and exchanged insults while the tactician visited the club’s youth sector.

“Nothing happened, absolutely nothing,” Allegri noted. “There is no problem with Pippo. In fact, there is great collaboration between the first team and the youth sectors. There was an exchange of opinions without any offence or heavy words.”

The 2006 World Cup winner, new boss of the club’s Allievi side, backed up the claims of the former Cagliari Coach.

“Allegri is right, it lasted for one minute,” he stated. “The youth team players didn’t notice anything because nothing happened.

“We are Milan and we all love Milan, so nothing like that would have occurred. Rather than writing about things that didn’t happen, Milan need a helping hand.”

Allegri is under pressure after a poor start to the season and whispers are suggesting that Inzaghi could be his mid-season replacement.

“I hope to remain at Milan for some time to come,” Allegri added. “But I won’t be here forever and I think that Filippo has all the characteristics needed to have an excellent career as a Coach. He’s started from an excellent base and he can do a good job.

“It’s true that we have only collected three points in the League and we didn’t win in the Champions League, but the team is new and I think we’ve shown some good things in the game. I don’t think the situation is as dark as people are making out.”

Milan are next in action at Udinese this weekend.

“It will be hard on Sunday because they did well in the Europa League, but all games are difficult. We can’t underestimate them,” Allegri concluded.

The televised conference ended with the two men shaking hands.

Link
X-Offender
Apparently the act of peace between Allegri and Inzaghi above was nothing but a mere staging. Because Milan's image had seriously been damaged by the incident, Galliani told both coches that he would sack them unless they appeared in front of Milan Channel's cameras and admitted that nothing happened.

Link

rolleyes.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 22 2012, 04:32 PM) *
Apparently the act of peace between Allegri and Inzaghi above was nothing but a mere staging. Because Milan's image had seriously been damaged by the incident, Galliani told both coches that he would sack them unless they appeared in front of Milan Channel's cameras and admitted that nothing happened.

Link

rolleyes.gif

makes sense
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 22 2012, 04:34 PM) *
makes sense

Aye. When I read about the peace news, and then saw the video too, it seemed very fake and staged. The rumor above only strengthens my belief.
acid911
Well it looked like a PR stunt the moment I read it. sleep.gif Not just that, it actually confirmed that something happened between the two. Both these individuals have a history, actually, as you all are well aware. It just had to reach a breaking point, and from the looks of it, just did. Oh, how the times change!
han2503
We've become a farce. Literally!!
Fillipo Simone
A farce? You're overreacting. Our signing campaign maybe a farce, but this? I mean, every reconciliation in history is pretty much staged. Did anyone of you guys actually believe they put a 2 year long rift behind and started from scratch? Seriously...

Allegi is in the center of most disputes in Milan; he has to go, he's becoming more and more a dead weight.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 22 2012, 09:57 PM) *
A farce? You're overreacting. Our signing campaign maybe a farce, but this? I mean, every reconciliation in history is pretty much staged. Did anyone of you guys actually believe they put a 2 year long rift behind and started from scratch? Seriously...

Allegi is in the center of most disputes in Milan; he has to go, he's becoming more and more a dead weight.

I do agree to an extent. And I do see that uphill struggle that Allegri is going through. But I do hope that he can finish the season and come out good, I hope smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.