Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 15 2012, 10:59 PM) *
http://twitpic.com/b4bcqk/full

Berlu spent €593m on Milan since 1986. Moratti spent twice as much since 1995.

So much for our hero president and his unmatched, big heart. innocent.gif

I've always felt Moatti cared about Inter more than Berlu did about Milan. this somehow proves it. though, of course, there are many other reasons why I say that.

When was the last time Berlu was seen at a Milan game anyway? rolleyes.gif
William405
Yeah, Moratti attends every game as far as I know.
Fillipo Simone
OMG I can't believe I'm reading this. Now Moratti cares more about Inter then Berlusconi based on the money he spent? Up until very recently, the Calciopoli, for 10 years Moratti has been depicted as a money-throwing clown in charge of a underachieving tragicomic team. Now based on a few recent years (while Berlusconi has been the Prime minister of Italy and is considerably older) we tend to give a general assumption that Berlusconi's love for Milan is BS and that Moratti has a bigger heart?
Jack Bauer
Agree with Fillipo, let's not build theories based on this stat. Moratti was a the laughing stock of Italian football for years and wasted large amounts on flops time after time. Having said that, it's clear that Barlu's involvement in Milan in recent years is nothing like in his earlier years.
kurtsimonw
I don't think the on field flops are really a good criticism on an owner. If he shows up and gives the money people want to sign players, the he's a good owner. It's not his fault if a player is signed for £20m who turns out crap, he just trusts people to use his money wisely.

If he's not spending money and the team is an embarassment, then yes, that's a fair criticism.

I don't think there are many owners in football who support their team any more fierce than Morratti does, in my opinion.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 15 2012, 09:50 PM) *
I don't think the on field flops are really a good criticism on an owner. If he shows up and gives the money people want to sign players, the he's a good owner. It's not his fault if a player is signed for £20m who turns out crap, he just trusts people to use his money wisely.

If he's not spending money and the team is an embarassment, then yes, that's a fair criticism.

I don't think there are many owners in football who support their team any more fierce than Morratti does, in my opinion.

No? Then what about the fact that he's fired numerous coaches on short-term spans, threw away money for questionable signings while missing the potentially good players he had (just think of Seedorf, Pirlo) and finally buying Robbie Keane for a staggering amount of money based on how well he did with Inter on his son's Championship Manager game? To name just a few.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 15 2012, 09:31 PM) *
OMG I can't believe I'm reading this. Now Moratti cares more about Inter then Berlusconi based on the money he spent? Up until very recently, the Calciopoli, for 10 years Moratti has been depicted as a money-throwing clown in charge of a underachieving tragicomic team. Now based on a few recent years (while Berlusconi has been the Prime minister of Italy and is considerably older) we tend to give a general assumption that Berlusconi's love for Milan is BS and that Moratti has a bigger heart?

So what if Moratti until recently was depicted as a money-throwing clown? If anything, that shows dedication. You must also realize that Moratti's father was the president of Inter as well for 13 years, so for him it's a very sentimental case. Berlusconi purchased Milan in order to use it as a tool for power, everyone knows that. Sorry man, but this time I just can't agree with you.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 15 2012, 08:55 PM) *
No? Then what about the fact that he's fired numerous coaches on short-term spans, threw away money for questionable signings while missing the potentially good players he had (just think of Seedorf, Pirlo) and finally buying Robbie Keane for a staggering amount of money based on how well he did with Inter on his son's Championship Manager game? To name just a few.

Everyone sells players. Look at Milan with the likes of Vieira, it happens. And as I said, not all owners sign players, they just fund the purchases. I don't know if Moratti himself picks out the players and signs them, I imagine not since Mourinho wouldn't work under that (part of the reason he left Chelsea) and as such I don't think blaming the owner for that is fair.

Sacking managers isn't exactly a sign of not caring? If anything it's over-caring. His reactions to defeats are overblown and he overreacts.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 15 2012, 09:55 PM) *

huh.gif You're losing me here. What's that got to do with how much he loves Inter?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 15 2012, 09:58 PM) *
So what if Moratti until recently was depicted as a money-throwing clown? If anything, that shows dedication. You must also realize that Moratti's father was the president of Inter as well for 13 years, so for him it's a very sentimental case. Berlusconi purchased Milan in order to use it as a tool for power, everyone knows that. Sorry man, but this time I just can't agree with you.

Actually no.

Since childhood, Berlusconi had been an ardent fan of the famous Milanese football club, AC Milan. His father had taken him regularly to the stadium on Sundays. It belonged, so he said, to 'the sphere of affections', not to that of economic calculation. He hesitated a long time before making the purchase. (From: Ginsborg, Silvio Berlusconi: Television, Power And Patrimony 2005, 53).

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 15 2012, 10:03 PM) *
huh.gif You're losing me here. What's that got to do with how much he loves Inter?

It has to do with his overall ability, which up to Calciopoli was ridiculed in Italy.
So not directly connected with love. But anyway, I think it's pretty much nonsense of talking who "loves" his club more.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 15 2012, 10:55 PM) *

Save it Fillipo, they are just looking for an excuse to go at Silvio. While neglecting common knowledge such as what Silvio's Milan has won in comparison to Moratti's inter.
kurtsimonw
I haven't even mentioned Silvio. Mine were aimed at agreeing with a previous poster that Moratti is a very passionate owner. He lives Inter.
Zed.D
I agree with what kurt and X-Off said. I argue Silvio used the club to boost his image and no one can say I'm wrong on that, but what did Moratti use Inter for? he loves Inter, his father was also the owner, it's in his blood. don't let your fanboyism cloud your vision. success? yeah, Silvio was the smarter one, no arguments there. but genuine love for their club? I give it to Moratti.

EDIT: I even hate that clown FFS. but I can't close my eyes on the truth.
Fillipo Simone
Wait, you honestly think it's only love that binds Moratti to Inter and his fathers heritage? Then you don't know a thing about Italian business and politics.
Rossoneri7
Silvio bought this club from bankrupcy, does anyone comprehend this? Imagine someone buying Rangers 'now', and propelling it to CL finals and leagues titles in a matter of years. Who would be insane enough to do that? A bankrupt business.

Then again, unlike Moratti, Berlusconi is a self-made man. He made his empire, he made Milan what it is, and he reached the position of PM all from rags. Not a fanboy of the man, but he had a vision and made it happen at Milan. Something Moratti and his inherited billions could not until 'calciopoli'. But whatever, the person who spends more clearly loves more right? Makes for a straight measuring stick doesn't it wink.gif
Zed.D
You both have drifted away from the original subject and are making this "who's the better/more successful business man? it's SILVIO! he made his own empire, he won titles with Milan blah blah". that wasn't the subject in the first place.

You can say all you want, but when I see the man barely shows up at a few games each season, I can't buy that he loves or cares about Milan. for him 'it's strictly business', if you get what I mean. I'm sure that'll change once he wants to get back into politics again. he'll suddenly become more attentive and buy a few stars for us cool.gif that's true love!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 16 2012, 07:13 PM) *
You can say all you want, but when I see the man barely shows up at a few games each season, I can't buy that he loves or cares about Milan. for him 'it's strictly business', if you get what I mean. I'm sure that'll change once he wants to get back into politics again. he'll suddenly become more attentive and buy a few stars for us cool.gif that's true love!

I simply cannot understand how a man like you, who obviously knows a great deal about music, film and other arts, can fall into the same old trap and debate about "love" or even worse, who loves something more. Isn't it obvious that it can't be measured? Yes, Berlusconi is busy and does not turn up to matches anymore. But this narrow rationalization isn't enough to me.

And we'll see what will happen when Moratti will turn 10 years older. We'll see...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 16 2012, 06:52 PM) *
Silvio bought this club from bankrupcy, does anyone comprehend this? Imagine someone buying Rangers 'now', and propelling it to CL finals and leagues titles in a matter of years. Who would be insane enough to do that? A bankrupt business.

Then again, unlike Moratti, Berlusconi is a self-made man. He made his empire, he made Milan what it is, and he reached the position of PM all from rags. Not a fanboy of the man, but he had a vision and made it happen at Milan. Something Moratti and his inherited billions could not until 'calciopoli'. But whatever, the person who spends more clearly loves more right? Makes for a straight measuring stick doesn't it wink.gif

Yes, he did buy this club in a very difficult moment, but you have to question the reason why he did that. Was it because of love, or because he saw it as a perfect opportunity to attain a certain status and power in a particular and delicate moment in his political and business career. Milan was manly a tool for his image, despite him being a supporter of the team in the past.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 16 2012, 07:13 PM) *
You both have drifted away from the original subject and are making this "who's the better/more successful business man? it's SILVIO! he made his own empire, he won titles with Milan blah blah". that wasn't the subject in the first place.

Spot on!

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 16 2012, 07:26 PM) *
I simply cannot understand how a man like you, who obviously knows a great deal about music, film and other arts, can fall into the same old trap and debate about "love" or even worse, who loves something more. Isn't it obvious that it can't be measured? Yes, Berlusconi is busy and does not turn up to matches anymore. But this narrow rationalization isn't enough to me.

And we'll see what will happen when Moratti will turn 10 years older. We'll see...

You can't measure love, but you can compare two situations based on past information, facts and other stuff related to said situations. In which case, I can easily deduce that Moratti is more caring, passionate and attached to Inter than Berlusconi has ever been for Milan.
KillerMax
I disagree. I can't explain Berlusconi's recent inattentiveness, only he can. And to a certain degree he has. I'm not asking him to be perfect nor do I expect something so immature. But I'm grateful for all the glorious years and look forward to what's to come as we are in a transition point.
X-Offender
Mediaset reports that Berlusconi met with the top brass yesterday to discuss about Milan's future. The general feeling is that if the Arabs, fronted by sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, are interested in purchasing shares of the club, the board will not refute. Also, Guardiola's brother-agent was in Milan yesterday and met with FIFA agent Giuseppe Riso, who has close ties to Galliani. Guardiola will accept our offer only if we secure him important investments in the team and a yearly wage of €7 million. Obviously, this cannot happen with our current resources. Thus, everything is tied to the Arab's interest.

Link
Fillipo Simone
Deal with the Devil. Well, at least we have our own as well..
Jack Sparrow
..on another note, there is a tidbit on twitter saying Berlusconi told a 'close friend' that Milan's next coach will be Montella.

Deja Vu all over again.

Zaccheroni won a league title, subsequently under-performed. Was fired, and a caretaker took his place. Then we got the then Viola coach (Fatih Terim) and their talisman (Rui Costa). Fatih created a new style and introduced a new formation (4-3-1-2) but the results weren't forthcoming. Then came in Carlo who basically built on the good work and got some more support.

If I replace Zach with Allegri, and Fatih with Montella and Rui Costa with Jovetic; I just need to replace Carlo with some other old Milan legend. Take your pick. biggrin.gif MvB, Pippo, Rijkaard etc.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, we knew this was coming all along. But hopefully the second part plays as fortunate as it did in the past.
KillerMax
Anyone else happy about the recent more involved and hands on approach from Silvio? It's starting to feel just a little better hearing him speak about his plans. Finally a bit of transparency.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 25 2012, 06:08 AM) *
Anyone else happy about the recent more involved and hands on approach from Silvio? It's starting to feel just a little better hearing him speak about his plans. Finally a bit of transparency.

+1
Fillipo Simone
We'll see. If he shows up at the derby,...it could mean something really.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 25 2012, 03:04 PM) *
We'll see. If he shows up at the derby,...it could mean something really.

That he is staying, leaving or caring?
acid911
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 25 2012, 06:54 PM) *
That he is staying, leaving or caring?

Or maybe all three. sleep.gif
Fillipo Simone
Caring.
Jack Sparrow
Marco van Basten is going to be there. I think there is a chance that Berlusca will show up too.
Fillipo Simone
Is this a trick to show Allegri his days are numbered?
Jack Sparrow
I think he knows. Trouble as his history suggests is that if his heart is not in it he just gives up and does nothing.
TriniKing_CE
360 San Siro Image devil.gif

http://fancam.com/soccer/serieatim/20121125/
kurtsimonw
Lots of people tagged in black and white shirts on there. dry.gif
Kazdoodle
Hey guy's anyone got a good documentary on Ac milan ohmy.gif?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Nov 28 2012, 04:53 AM) *

Nice smile.gif
Jack Bauer
Milan turn 113 years old today cool.gif

http://youtu.be/ATR1WpalnUo

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/ac-milan...glorious-years/
Fillipo Simone
Nice smile.gif

X-Offender
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIKZg3IOvLk

laugh.gif
X-Offender
http://youtu.be/ZJ5OLiWV4EE

kurtsimonw
Jesus f'ing Christ. What the ****.
han2503
Italians and the english language...

Talk about butchering something to death!
Bluesummers
acerbi bahaha
Zed.D
I don't get it, what's wrong with that Constant interview?
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 20 2012, 08:39 AM) *
I don't get it, what's wrong with that Constant interview?

Constant: Constant improvement

Very witty those people at Milanello
Jack Sparrow
Boateng totally turned it into a rap song didn't he?! biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE

Gds : Ses scored 14/18 games .. which is 3rd best in Milan History.

TriniKing_CE

SES also has best U-21 Record in Serie A so far

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.