Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Fillipo Simone
Seeing Nesta in black and blue makes me cry.
Jack Bauer
points per game in the league.

Fight!
kurtsimonw
Nothing to fight about. smile.gif
dst
Allegri > Capello > Sacchi
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 4 2013, 02:11 AM) *
Allegri > Capello > Sacchi

If you rely on numbers, yes. That's why stats don't show the whole story.
han2503
I'm surprised that Carlo beat out Capello in this regard. Considering he's an expert at getting points in the league.

Allegri in terms of points did very well in his first 2 seasons considering the team he had and the level of competition in the league especially when compared to the league Carlo, Fabio and Sacchi competed in.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2013, 12:25 PM) *
I'm surprised that Carlo beat out Capello in this regard. Considering he's an expert at getting points in the league.

Allegri in terms of points did very well in his first 2 seasons considering the team he had and the level of competition in the league especially when compared to the league Carlo, Fabio and Sacchi competed in.

? I don't follow you. Sacchi and Capello, even Ancelotti - all coached Milan in a great period for Serie A which was a million times more competitive then today's Serie A. So I really don't get what you're saying.

As for Capello, people forget that he had also some very poor seasons with Milan, for example finishing 10th. Only with Ancelotti we seem to remember all the bad and some of the good, while with more distant history - Capello and Sacchi - we tend to overlook much of the bad.
Jack Sparrow
I agree with that. biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2013, 09:05 PM) *
? I don't follow you. Sacchi and Capello, even Ancelotti - all coached Milan in a great period for Serie A which was a million times more competitive then today's Serie A. So I really don't get what you're saying.

As for Capello, people forget that he had also some very poor seasons with Milan, for example finishing 10th. Only with Ancelotti we seem to remember all the bad and some of the good, while with more distant history - Capello and Sacchi - we tend to overlook much of the bad.

True that
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2013, 07:05 PM) *

I think Serie A was better then, but then those coaches had significantly better teams than Allegri.

I 100% agree with your last line, not just in regards to who you mentioned, as in pretty much everything the bad gets overlooked when it comes to history.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2013, 12:05 AM) *
I think Serie A was better then, but then those coaches had significantly better teams than Allegri.

Well this statement above is a bit of an oxymoron, don't you think, Kurt? unsure.gif Those coaches had better teams because Serie A was better and much more competitive. Now Allegri had a pretty dandy squad with the world's best defender and world's best striker for two years (Ibra and Silva).

And while there was a dip in quality, it was kind of made up to a certain extent when we signed Balotelli.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2013, 06:05 PM) *

I think you misunderstood and just repeated what I said. tongue.gif

What I meant is that Allegri had a great team in his first 2 seasons while the competition in the league has been what it has (poor), while Carlo, Fabio and Sacchi, even though they had great teams competed in much tougher leagues, thus effecting those averages.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 4 2013, 09:00 PM) *
Well this statement above is a bit of an oxymoron, don't you think, Kurt? unsure.gif Those coaches had better teams because Serie A was better and much more competitive. Now Allegri had a pretty dandy squad with the world's best defender and world's best striker for two years (Ibra and Silva).

And while there was a dip in quality, it was kind of made up to a certain extent when we signed Balotelli.

I agree regarding Silva and Ibra and he only had Balo for half a season, otherwise it's not particularly great. Boateng, Nocerino and numerous others played well, but they're pretty average players. Ibra raised their game IMO.

Carlo's bench would walk into this team. It's a sad reality of both Milan and Serie A. sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 4 2013, 08:15 PM) *
I agree regarding Silva and Ibra and he only had Balo for half a season, otherwise it's not particularly great. Boateng, Nocerino and numerous others played well, but they're pretty average players. Ibra raised their game IMO.

Carlo's bench would walk into this team. It's a sad reality of both Milan and Serie A. sad.gif

That's the main point here. At that time it was taken for granted that we hade Rui or Rivaldo or Pippo or Stam or whoever else sitting on the bench. But that was the reality then, not just for Milan but for most of the top teams in the league.

So by today's standards, aside from this season Allegri had a very strong squad, and he did have good players to count on from the bench as well
Fillipo Simone
We had also more homegrown stars (or at least semi-homegrown) in our team that made it easier to have a good bench as well. But btw han, Stam wasn't a bench player at Milan, he was a RB or CB.
KillerMax
Stam was used more as a rotational player. Which just went to show what a powerhouse we were because he was one of the best defenders of his time.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 5 2013, 04:53 AM) *
Stam was used more as a rotational player. Which just went to show what a powerhouse we were because he was one of the best defenders of his time.

Rotational player? I don't think so. He didn't start as many games as, say, Nesta, because he was injured very often, but Carlo always played him either as CB or RB whenever he was available.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Rotational player? I don't think so. He didn't start as many games as, say, Nesta, because he was injured very often, but Carlo always played him either as CB or RB whenever he was available.

You are right. He was in fact a starter.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 5 2013, 05:04 AM) *

Yeah, indeed.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 4 2013, 09:49 PM) *
We had also more homegrown stars (or at least semi-homegrown) in our team that made it easier to have a good bench as well. But btw han, Stam wasn't a bench player at Milan, he was a RB or CB.

Yeah, you're right, don't know why I mentioned Stam in particular. I think I forgot that Paolo was still playing the majority of his games on the left at that time and wasn't yet moved to the center permanently.
servbot
Crazy (and very long) article that hit the front page of ESPN.com here in the USA today and being published in their magazine this month, about the racism problem in Serie A. Most of the article focuses on incidents with Boateng and Balotelli these past few months. Might be common knowledge to those who live or have been to Italy, but for me, very eye opening.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id...game-turns-ugly

KillerMax
QUOTE (servbot @ Jun 5 2013, 10:34 PM) *
Crazy (and very long) article that hit the front page of ESPN.com here in the USA today and being published in their magazine this month, about the racism problem in Serie A. Most of the article focuses on incidents with Boateng and Balotelli these past few months. Might be common knowledge to those who live or have been to Italy, but for me, very eye opening.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id...game-turns-ugly

Thanks for that. Interesting read.
kurtsimonw
It's their fault for being black /Blatter.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 6 2013, 09:36 AM) *
Thanks for that. Interesting read.

+1
Kazdoodle
Hey can i get your guy's thoughts on Cafu and Serginho?
kurtsimonw
If someone tells you Cafu isn't the best right back to play the game, he's wrong and never believe anything that person ever says.

You know how fast Formula 1 cars can go on a long straight? Double it and you have witnessed half the speed Serginho runs at.
acid911
Rossoneri7
@Kurt king.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 7 2013, 05:16 PM) *

Why, do you disagree?
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 7 2013, 10:27 PM) *
Why, do you disagree?

Nope. smile.gif Can't disagree if I tried. cool.gif It's just that they way Kurt phrased it that raised some alarm bells. For me, I am yet to see a better RB than Cafu, the man had everything. Heart, desire, accuracy, vision, talent. In fact, I'd be more than happy to put Maldini at left and Cafu at right in my All Time XI.
kurtsimonw
I think Cafu at RB and Maldini at LB is pretty standard. Some might put Carlos at LB because he's more flashy, but they'd be wrong. tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 7 2013, 11:28 PM) *
I think Cafu at RB and Maldini at LB is pretty standard. Some might put Carlos at LB because he's more flashy, but they'd be wrong.

Some have (well one or two articles on Goal.com) and you are right, they are wrong! king.gif Maldini always!
dst
Carlos was amazing at his peak.
acid911
Yup, that is why he is second best. sleep.gif I stopped liking him after the 2006 World Cup when he let in that goal where he was tying his shoe laces. * Levels and salt ... levels and salt. * Now, I dislike the character. I mean, in the most important match, such display of carelessness and laziness.
Fillipo Simone
Didn't you watch Carlos in 1998? Tried to make a flashy clearance, which gave Denmark the goal.
acid911
Yup. sad.gif But that's what you get when you make a natural midfielder an attacking defender.
Jack Bauer
Top 10 global sports salaries

1 Manchester City £5,239,750

2 Los Angeles Dodgers £4,855,783

3 Real Madrid £4,718,172

4 Barcelona £4,690,430

5 New York Yankees £4,649,188

6 Milan £4,251,111

7 LA Lakers £4,090,913

8 Chelsea £4,058,742

9 Bayern Munich £4,000,036

10 Inter £4,000,000

Milan and Inter have emerged as the top-paying clubs in Serie A, but Manchester City have the highest sports salaries in the world.

The study was conducted by Sporting Intelligence and covered all professional team sports around the globe.

Manchester City came out on top with their players receiving an average £5.2m per season, which provides £100,000 per week.

Baseball team the LA Dodgers were second with an average pay of £4.85m per year, then Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Milan were surprisingly in sixth place, climbing from last year’s rank of seventh despite actively cutting down their wage bill.

The Rossoneri are paid on average £4.25m per year or £81,752 a week.

Despite failing to qualify for Europe, Inter are in 10th place on the global sports charts, paying out £4m per year and £76,923 a week.

The Nerazzurri are below basketball giants the LA Lakers, Europa League winners Chelsea and Champions League victors Bayern Munich.

Double Scudetto winners Juventus are back in 35th position with average wages of £2.96m a year, £56,244 per week.

Roma are the next highest payers in Serie A in 58th place with £2.35m per year, while Lazio can be found at number 115 with £1.48m wages.

President Aurelio De Laurentiis will be pleased to see Napoli in 155th position with an average salary of just £1.26m.

http://www.football-italia.net/35210/milan...op-wages-survey
X-Offender
How on earth are we sixth? Our highest earners are Robinho, Balotelli and Mexes, all on the €4 million mark. Then you've got many €2 to €3 million numbers, hardly something extraordinary. I don't get it.
Fillipo Simone
Old report?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 11 2013, 11:33 PM) *
Old report?

What do you mean?
Fillipo Simone
Well maybe the report is from 2010 or 11 or even 12 when we had much bigger salaries.
Jack Bauer
No, it's about 2012-13 season. More here: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/0...allenge-110601/
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, strange. Is it because we have a big roster?
Jack Bauer
Probably. Maybe they also take other things like staff into account too.
X-Offender
Incredible. We're 4th of all football clubs in the world. Just incredible.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 12 2013, 04:36 AM) *

All hail the bald idiota! wink.gif I'm willing to wager if he did not know a whole bunch of Berlusconi's dirty deeds and ugly secrets (financial corruption), Mr. B would have kicked this hypocrite out long ago. As things stand we are circling nothingness, and it's lucky even with Galliani's stupid decisions, the club has deep pockets and a brand name.

Meaning, we can still mount a bit of a comeback, bit of a second chance saloon. Take Napoli for instance, their owner said that the club has been in profit for six years straight - meaning, ever since they came back into Serie A.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 11 2013, 05:36 PM) *

And yet our roster doesn't even make it to the top 10. Laughable.
TriniKing_CE
36 minutes of...

Milan Best Missed Chances in Serie A 2012/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91UYlNzwFqA

...that's right you read correctly: missed! laugh.gif

Enjoy! wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 12 2013, 02:18 AM) *
Probably. Maybe they also take other things like staff into account too.

Yes, they do take salaries of the whole club into account, otherwise this wont make sense.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 12 2013, 12:36 AM) *

So much for Silvio "saving" us tonnes of money eh? Crazy that we pay comfortably more than teams like Chelsea who throw money around for fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.