Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Danny
Nicking that biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Remember when Galliani used to throw "We're first in the UEFA ranking" to the point of irritation? Guess what, we're now 169! Hah...

EDIT: It's actually the world ranking as from IFFHS. But still, damn that's low!
KillerMax
AC Milan is 169 in the world? That can't be right... Jeez
X-Offender
Unfortunately, it is. We're tied with some Paraguayan club called Deportivo Capiatà. Juventus are 6th, Napoli are 7th, Fiorentina are 22nd, Roma and Torino are 40th, Inter 56th, and us at 159. rolleyes.gif

Link
X-Offender
Milan sell the team... bus

*sigh*
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 19 2015, 11:08 PM) *

Sold for hundreds of thousands and instead we're going to make money via a commercial arrangement with a bus company.

IIRC.

tbh that's a wise move - we don't have to pay for the maintenance now, and we get paid for it.
X-Offender
I know, Inter and Juve have already done the same thing. It's just, in the current context, it sounds so depressing...
Fillipo Simone
Barcelona might bring in Braida

Link
Danny
One feckin' Direction were at Milanello today...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 29 2015, 04:53 PM) *
One feckin' Direction were at Milanello today...

laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
A lot of talk about our new stadium in the press today.. Wish we had made his decision earlier round 7-10years ago
Fillipo Simone
Well, I guess it's never too late. But it will break my sentimental part into pieces. Leaving San Siro. Nevermind the ugly Delle Alpi, this home had a history and was special in so many different ways.
Danny
Times have changed and we're playing in front of empty stands except for the big matches. Adore San Siro but this change has worked for Juve big time and we have to move on.

I'll miss her horribly but I'd rather have a reasonably full Milan Stadium with 48K capacity than a quarter full San Siro which just looks sad.
X-Offender
Looks pretty cool TBH.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 4 2015, 04:40 PM) *
Looks pretty cool TBH.

It does, I just wish it was slightly bigger, at least a 60-65,000 seater would make more sense, especially if we plan on getting back into the CL around that time
X-Offender
Yeah, approx. 60,000 would have been much better.
Danny
No point, we won't fill that much. 48K is a good number.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 4 2015, 10:49 PM) *

We're talking four years from now. Who knows what position we'll be by then.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 4 2015, 10:12 PM) *
We're talking four years from now. Who knows what position we'll be by then.

2nd. In Serie B that is.
han2503

For me, it's not.

Especially if the club "supposedly" has aspirations of one day returning back to the best.

48k is what a mid to bottom level side would aspire to.

I understand that we didn't want to have any empty seats, and for your usual run of the mill Serie A game, 48k is enough, more than enough considering average attendances in the league. But with that number there's no room for leeway, on any big match day you'll have to turn away thousands of people of want tickets. Sure you can charge at a premium for the small amount you have available. But for me a 60k seater would have made far more sense for us.

It would still be packed on most game days and when it's a big one at least there are more seats, which we would still charge top dollar for and a better atmosphere.
han2503

For me, it's not.

Especially if the club "supposedly" has aspirations of one day returning back to the best.

48k is what a mid to bottom level side would aspire to.

I understand that we didn't want to have any empty seats, and for your usual run of the mill Serie A game, 48k is enough, more than enough considering average attendances in the league. But with that number there's no room for leeway, on any big match day you'll have to turn away thousands of people of want tickets. Sure you can charge at a premium for the small amount you have available. But for me a 60k seater would have made far more sense for us.

It would still be packed on most game days and when it's a big one at least there are more seats, which we would still charge top dollar for and a better atmosphere.
Danny
Unfortunately I think Milan became Liverpool. We are no longer a top side, and we don't have aspirations of returning to greatness. At least, not while Silvio is in charge.

Look at the great Leeds, Forest, Villa (Sorry Kurt) teams of the past - ditto Marseille.

See any of those great teams back 'where they belong' today?

Nope.

We're in that category now.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 5 2015, 01:49 AM) *

48K is based on the demand for Milan tickets per season. If 48K seats is below the demand, then that gives the club incentive to raise the price of tickets accordingly.

Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 5 2015, 10:54 AM) *
48K is based on the demand for Milan tickets per season. If 48K seats is below the demand, then that gives the club incentive to raise the price of tickets accordingly.

You must be talking as a correlated ratio percentage of San Siro. There is no way we sold 48,000 season tickets last summer.
X-Offender
Gazzetta are also running an article about the stadium being too small.
Danny
The ones you called unreliable?
Fillipo Simone
Unreliable in terms of transfer rumors/news. This is completely different.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 5 2015, 04:37 PM) *
You must be talking as a correlated ratio percentage of San Siro. There is no way we sold 48,000 season tickets last summer.

I am not saying 48K is an absolute figure here, neither are they fools to just say 48K seats out of exaggerated guess work. 48K would seem reasonable if you consider our season tickets sold, as follows:

2001/02 46,304
2002/03 50,726
2003/04 49,146
2004/05 54,009
2005/06 50,392
2006/07 32,797
2007/08 45,214
2008/09 44,158
- Financial crash
2009/10 27,865
2010/11 29,397
2011/12 31,233
2012/13 24,670
2013/14 23,490 Source

You would have to evaluate the 48K seats in our new stadium from the other side of the spectrum. if in 2013/14 the club sold 23K seats to season ticket holders, the excess 62K seating would then be sold for match days at San Siro. And with such low demand, those tickets are not priced as you would for an almost sold out stadium such as a 48K. As then you could charge a premium on your tickets excess to season tickets.

Top matches, such as those against Juve, Manchester, and the likes ... The club would be racking in a fortune because it has limited seating, hence charging a premium on the back of the demand. I mean, at San Siro you have at best 8 matches a season where you'd see a packed stadium, but the rest of the season we play official matches with the stadium 'literally' 15-25% occupied.

I mean, I understand the glamor and prestige of having such a massive home stadium. Yet we can not afford the expenses of maintaining one; be that salaries, maintenance, security, etc. We have been sharing the expense of a rental stadium all these years. Not one that we own and are responsible about all its aspects.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 5 2015, 03:25 PM) *
The ones you called unreliable?

Unreliable only in terms of probable line-ups. Gazzetta are the biggest and most important sports newspaper in Italy.
d'Arc.LP
Thai group pays €1bn for Milan?
By Football Italia staff

This morning there are reports investors from Thailand have offered €1bn to buy Milan from Silvio Berlusconi.

According to La Repubblica newspaper, there is already a deal to sell 30 per cent of the club’s shares for €300m.

However, this also includes a pre-contract agreement to continue moving power towards Thailand over the next three years.

The eventual complete take-over would be worth in the region of €1bn, not including investment in the new stadium.

This agreement is important as it’d give the Thai investors sole rights to buy up Milan, fending off interest from Chinese group Dalian Wanda – who recently bought 20 per cent of Atletico Madrid and Infront, the company that runs Serie A television rights.

The report suggests that Berlusconi would remain as Honorary President, similar to the role Massimo Moratti had after Erick Thohir bought Inter.

On February 20 it will be the 29th anniversary of Berlusconi taking over Milan, who at the time were on the verge of bankruptcy.
Fillipo Simone
These days, such moves look more and more inevitable. Ferrero was probably my last hope.
Danny
I'm only surprised it's a Thai billionaire and not an Indonesian one.
X-Offender
He's now confirmed to a local newspaper that he's willing to offer 1 billion for +50% of the club's shares, and that he's optimist the deal could be sealed in February.

Link

Fingers crossed. This could be the huge turn for us that we've all been hoping for.
X-Offender
And yet another denial from Finin-fucking-vest... rolleyes.gif
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2015, 03:27 PM) *

the denial i read on football itlalia is somewhat different.. I think there is something going on.
han2503
If there is something really going on, they'll deny it until the deal is close to completion.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2015, 01:27 PM) *

No, not a denial, but a rejection.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 14 2015, 11:16 PM) *
These days, such moves look more and more inevitable. Ferrero was probably my last hope.

Mine too, but I don't think we'll sell off the club that easily. sleep.gif Italians and their family business affairs. It would take really something special for Berlusconi to part away with his possession, even if it comes down to a percentage share. His children are another consideration.

I mean, we've been drifting along pretty bad these past few years, the management will probably ride it further. Cut corners, and take whatever sponsorship deal that comes. Not like we go after big namer players anyway. It's the ambition that's missing, couple that with ego and our current mindset of the big wigs.

Theoretically, we could be looking at a few more years drifting in the darkness. sad.gif Because there are a thousand and one ways the management could turn things around, without spending too much money and staying within limits. The fact that they don't want to is signal enough. And then these offers and subsequent declinations.
Fillipo Simone
Stumbled upon these articles/selections:

Link 1

Link 2

So, any of you guys have a top 5 of worst Milan transfers (mainly in terms of unfulfilled expectations, to avoid the various Grimis and Zaccardos).
X-Offender
I'll think about it...
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 22 2015, 11:48 AM) *
Stumbled upon these articles/selections:

Link 1

Link 2

So, any of you guys have a top 5 of worst Milan transfers (mainly in terms of unfulfilled expectations, to avoid the various Grimis and Zaccardos).

No order:

Mancini, Torres, Montolivo, KJH...that'll do for now.

Mancini came as a bright exciting winger but was a total dud.

Torres came claiming we'd resurrect his career but he was the worst striker I've seen in our shirt.

Monto had a good first season but since then has been simply terrible terrible terrible.

KJH is a slightly unfair one - bright striker from Real Madrid, looked like he'd be a great partner for Pato but Leo just didn't fancy him and refused to really give him a fair crack of the whip. We can see how good he really is given his success at Schalke.
X-Offender
Ricardo Oliveira - €20 million, had been outstanding for Betis, supposed to be Sheva's heir, failed miserably at everything.

Honda - I had so high hopes for this guy, yet he's proven to be one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Montolivo - Decent first season doesn't obscure the shambles he's turned into. A shame to the Milan captaincy.

Robinho - Same as with Monto. A decent first season where he could have scored twice as many goals if his aim wasn't that of a retarded mule, then the fall into oblivion. A player I was so hyped about when we signed him.

Rivaldo - After an amazing World Cup, a so-so first season with us. He was rather ignored by Carlo, but given his potential he fulfilled nothing.

I could go on and on. Redondo, Javi Moreno, Kluivert, Davids, Taiwo etc.
Danny
Weird about Robinho - he was clinical in the last third at the City of Manchester Stadium (as it was then) in front of goal. Scored a lot and looked sharp as a razor.

He just totally lost that when he left there.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 22 2015, 09:10 PM) *
Weird about Robinho - he was clinical in the last third at the City of Manchester Stadium (as it was then) in front of goal. Scored a lot and looked sharp as a razor.

He just totally lost that when he left there.

He started to lose it before then, he only came to Milan because he was already starting to have trouble in Manchester.

Typical Brazilian really, all the talent in the world but doesn't want to work hard to maintain the level of a professional
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2015, 10:11 PM) *
He started to lose it before then, he only came to Milan because he was already starting to have trouble in Manchester.

Typical Brazilian really, all the talent in the world but doesn't want to work hard to maintain the level of a professional

True, he did have a great first season in Manchester, but the goals mostly came at home (fourth top scorer in the league that season). It was into the second season his form evaporated both by injury and being unsettled.

Then we ended up with him!

Tbh I don't think he was THAT bad for us, but clearly the Robinho at his peak was long-gone.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 22 2015, 07:33 PM) *
Rivaldo - After an amazing World Cup, a so-so first season with us. He was rather ignored by Carlo, but given his potential he fulfilled nothing.

I could go on and on. Redondo, Javi Moreno, Kluivert, Davids, Taiwo etc.

Rivaldo surely was a disappointment. We spent literary years chasing him, and then when he finally came to us he kind of naturally got pushed away by Rui Costa and the others. In that Carletto team, I've really missed to see his position/spot.

Redondo is my personal number 1. I adored and still adore this player. This unfortunate injury destroyed him, otherwise he'd manage to great things here with us. Just imagine the defensive trident Pirlo-Rino-Redondo.

Kluivert, Davids and Reiziger will always baffle me. We made great deals with these Ajax players, yet somehow only with Milan they failed to excel.
X-Offender
Inter and Milan have fixated 2018/2019 as the season when they'll be playing in their new stadiums. San Siro will be renovated for the 2016 CL final, and further renovations will pursue which will be handled by Inter. We are instead speeding up the process for buying the land for the new stadium, which should be next to Casa Milan, but other areas (Forze Armate, Scalo Farini) are also to be considered.

Link
Fillipo Simone
And not Portello? I thought they decided to build the stadium there.

I'm still sour we're the ones leaving San Siro and not vice versa.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 28 2015, 07:07 PM) *
And not Portello? I thought they decided to build the stadium there.

I'm still sour we're the ones leaving San Siro and not vice versa.

Yes, Portello is the area around Casa Milan. That's where they plan to build it, but other areas are also being considered just in case.
Fillipo Simone
Aha. Hopefully Portello it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.