Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Fillipo Simone
I can't believe this is for real - we already doubt in Seedorf and here we have a seed for yet more problems. I'm sure nothing will happen now, but the harm's already done.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 21 2014, 08:26 PM) *
I can't believe this is for real - we already doubt in Seedorf and here we have a seed for yet more problems. I'm sure nothing will happen now, but the harm's already done.

Id say its all media fabrications, meeting is probably something to do with transfer targets or players he does not need (want). Otherwise Seedorf just started and needs a lot of support and backing. Firing him at this point is reckless and embarrassing.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 21 2014, 10:57 PM) *
Firing him at this point is reckless and embarrassing.

And we excel at both. sleep.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 21 2014, 09:08 PM) *
And we excel at both. sleep.gif

Allegri's firing was, we did not have such a scenario prior. But nowadays all is possible, I guess.

Ps Is Silvio under house arrest?!
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 21 2014, 11:16 PM) *
Allegri's firing was, we did not have such a scenario prior. But nowadays all is possible, I guess.

True. Mismanagement of the highest order of magnitude. sad.gif
X-Offender
Apparently Seedorf's future will be decided in the next two games. Source: Mediaset

rolleyes.gif
acid911
Oh, can't we wait until the end of the season to kick him out? tongue.gif
X-Offender
Galliani announced that everyone is going to reduce his salary by 20% for next season.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 25 2014, 04:47 PM) *
Galliani announced that everyone is going to reduce his salary by 20% for next season.

Hopefully that includes the bald peanut himself. dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
That's impressive. How did he manage to do that, unless it was already written into the contract?
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2014, 06:58 PM) *
That's impressive. How did he manage to do that, unless it was already written into the contract?

Probably was. sleep.gif
X-Offender
Yeah, it was. It was already mentioned some time ago.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 25 2014, 08:26 PM) *
Yeah, it was. It was already mentioned some time ago.

True. mellow.gif Most clubs go this way, performance based bonuses and cuts.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 25 2014, 04:22 PM) *
True. mellow.gif Most clubs go this way, performance based bonuses and cuts.

Coincidentally, that's exactly what I'm studying right now. biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 26 2014, 12:06 AM) *
Coincidentally, that's exactly what I'm studying right now.

Cool. Same goes for my brother. cool.gif I do hope you're in the management, finances, accounting or economics side of things. Not coaching, because then we'd have you and Blue fighting for the Milan coaching job in 2020. tongue.gif As for these performance cuts, well sponsor revenue drops with performances like these.

Since that is in the clauses, players also have to take the cuts. Standard operating procedure in world football, not really magic from Galliani. My fear is that it's a vortex, a club like Milan can get pulled into it, and unless something snaps and we get back on the right trajectory. As things stand, they are quite depressing, really.
TriniKing_CE
Casa Milan...

So apparently the cub has relocated from it's historical headquarters in Via Turati, to what is now called Casa Milan.

There's a full page article on both the club's official webpage (English & Italian versions) - Here is the English one:

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/151943

Here is also the full presentation on youtube (just over an hour):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqiwzQ8NZno

Here are some pics of the design:

Coming out of this I'm seeing a bit of talk regarding further investments into the club & rumors of an Emirates stadium.

Fillipo Simone
What's with the excessive use of color?
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 2 2014, 11:19 AM) *
What's with the excessive use of color?

*shrugs*

I know right...

Looking at it I was thinking that it might have been more of a simplified CGI representation.

That or... we struck a deal with Lego!
TriniKing_CE
TriniKing_CE
Barbara Berlusconi during the presentation of Casa Milan:

“When a family has to plan its future, it has to start from the house. We needed a modern and functional new house to face the challenges of the future, a place where to meet and interact with our supporters, open to the City of Milan, Italy and the entire world"

Also coming out of the press meeting this morning (apart from discussion on Cassa Milan) were the following:
  • Barbara: "I've spoken to Paolo (Maldini), and he is ready to come back. This would be a positive and the desired outcome"
  • Barbara: "My family (aka Fininvest) will continue to invest in Milan."
  • Barbara: "Yes, we wish to own a stadium. We're evaluating seveal possibilities and not just the Expo area."
  • Barbara: "My next trips are to the Middle East and US. We'd like to sell shares of our club, but not more than 20-30%."

X-Offender
About Maldini, she actually said that his return would be welcomed, but no decision has been taken in that regard.
X-Offender
So, there's these rumors about the Singaporean tycoon, Peter Lim, wanting to buy 30% of the club for €300 million.

He was at San Siro for Milan Chievo.

He's a big football fan.

There's already been an initial contact.

His personal wealth, according to Forbes, is about $2 billion.

He's considered the richest person in Singapore.

Link
kurtsimonw
He values Milan at 1billion? I suppose the fact he's willing to throw money around recklessly could be either god or bad.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2014, 02:09 PM) *
He values Milan at 1billion? I suppose the fact he's willing to throw money around recklessly could be either god or bad.

Forbes does. They valued us at 900 million-something euros some time ago.
kurtsimonw
That seems far too high.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2014, 06:00 PM) *
That seems far too high.

It is, then again it depends on the valuation meathod. Forbes generally are not where you would go, like the richest men in the world, they list 100 of the blokes. Except you don't have one Rothchild in the list. Kuwait's very own Amir (president) has holdings that exceed 100bn dollars, the current King of saudi arabia has three folds that amount, yet you dont see either's names on forbes.

Forbes only publish those who give them the authority to publish, and even then the figures are vague.
il_diavolo_mtl
Singaporean businessman Peter Lim is ready to offer €300m for a 51 per cent stake in Milan.

Spanish newspaper AS report that the 60-year-old tycoon met with Adriano Galliani last week to discuss investing in the club.

CEO Barbara Berlusconi admitted that the Rossoneri were open to foreign investment, but didn’t want to sell any more than 30 per cent of shares.

Lim however, would like a majority share in the San Siro outfit, and has tabled €300m for just over half.

The Madrid-based sports daily writes that Galliani will meet with the 60-year-old again in the hope of negotiating a more favourable deal for the Berlusconi family.

Lim has previously tried to buy both Liverpool and Valencia, but failed on each occasion. He is, according to Forbes, worth an estimated $2.35bn.
Jack Sparrow
Nope. I'm sorry if I sound racist, but Far East tycoons investing freak me out. I think of Thohir and Vincent Tan. sleep.gif
han2503
300m for 51%?

That would be a rip off
X-Offender
So, he wants a majority, and for just €300 million? Thanks, bye.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 7 2014, 11:56 AM) *
So, he wants a majority, and for just €300 million? Thanks, bye.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/04/si...ac-milan-offer/

I would have agreed with your POV but as Keynes said :"When the facts change, i change my mind"

This would be amazing. Just imagine Lim and Tohir duking it out for supremacy of eastern following...

Imagine the stadium, imagine a competitive squad, Imagine a project capable of bringing proper staff
Jack Sparrow
Imagine a colossal screw up by two people who are extending their egos coz they have the cash, and meanwhile **** about trying to run a football club.

dry.gif

Sorry, I do not trust people from my continent to run a European football club except maybe the Arab sheikhs, but then they bring in experts. dry.gif
X-Offender
And of course Fininvest called it bullshit once again. rolleyes.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 24 2014, 08:00 AM) *
And of course Fininvest called it bullshit once again. rolleyes.gif
The Fininvest group have denied that they are considering ‘any possibility of the transfer of control of Milan’, amid continued rumours involving Peter Lim.

Speculation earlier this month was that the Singapore businessman had tabled an offer of €300m for a 51 per cent share in the Rossoneri, only to see it turned out.

However, amid rumours surrounding the club’s search for investors to pay a similar amount for a 20-30 per cent share in the club, reports have been of a return bid from Lim, of €500m for 51 per cent, with the promise of maintaining Silvio Berlusconi as President and Adriano Galliani as Vice-President.

However, Fininvest, the financial holding company controlled by Berlusconi and that holds Milan’s ownership, has issued another denial on the matter.

“With regards to rumours reported by the Press, Fininvest again denies any possibility of transfer of control of Milan,” a statement released today reads.

Alongside the report from the Gazzetta dello Sport on Lim, has been the suggestion that director Barbara Berlusconi has held talks with China’s second richest man, Zong Quinghou, over the billionaire also reportedly launching an investment offensive.

This seems a cruel thing to speculate... imagine if we had done this years ago...we'd still have Thigo Silva and Ibra...
X-Offender
Berlusconi: "Milan is worth more than 500 million, we're not selling"

Link
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 24 2014, 04:47 PM) *
Berlusconi: "Milan is worth more than 500 million, we're not selling"

Link

well then.... that was shortlived...
X-Offender
Apparently the guy wants to offer €500 million for 51% of the club's shares. In that case, I'd say the offer is sound. The thing is that Silvio doesn't want to give up ownership. He's probably looking to give up only 30-40% of the club, and not a majority.
kurtsimonw
Do we even make money? I think Silvio is crazy if he thinks the club is worth a billion.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 25 2014, 02:46 AM) *
Do we even make money? I think Silvio is crazy if he thinks the club is worth a billion.

The point is he won't have a controlling stake in the club, which he does not want (sadly for us). And I don't think it's worth a billion but as a club and brand it comes very close to it. Even when we're not doing that well.

X-Offender
Mediaset suggests Silvio values Milan at €750 million.
kurtsimonw
That sounds about right.
X-Offender
Possible next season shirt: http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calci...2014-2015.shtml
kurtsimonw
han2503
That is one ugly shirt. It looks like a kid playing with Paint designed that
Jack Sparrow
I like it. Danny doesn't. I kinda like the ugly Milan shirts. biggrin.gif

I'd get one, but there isn't one player whose name I want on it. Maybe I'll just put a Seedorf-10 or something.
nuh
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 3 2014, 08:30 PM) *
I like it. Danny doesn't. I kinda like the ugly Milan shirts. biggrin.gif

I'd get one, but there isn't one player whose name I want on it. Maybe I'll just put a Seedorf-10 or something.

Kaka?
han2503
The only names from our current squad that I'd even consider putting on a shirt are Kaka, Monto, Abate, DS and De Jong
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2014, 09:22 AM) *
The only names from our current squad that I'd even consider putting on a shirt are Kaka, Monto, Abate, DS and De Jong

What, no Muntari? ohmy.gif
X-Offender

Hm...
Jack Sparrow
Hmm. Shorts should have been black. Or at least had some black stripes on them. I'd still get one, except for what? Which player? This team doesn't have a single player I admire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.