Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 25 2013, 11:07 PM) *
I find it hilarious how you consider players like Maggio, Inler and Armero "shitty" and think De Jong and Boateng are great. Makes no sense.

1 player in an entire unit does not make the unit great, not unless you're talking Thiago Silva level of good defender or Iniesta level of good midfielder.

Attack aside the only other top player is Hamsik

Inler, Maggio, etc are just good players, same as Boateng, Zapata, Pazzini, etc are for us.

I never said Boateng was great, last season looking at the entire squads we were on par with Napoli, now they're better than us thanks to the ridiculous spending spree. But this is only on paper, but imo, their squad is seriously unbalanced, they have a terrible defence and an average midfield. The sums they spent and according to more sources are about to be spending could have been used wisely to build a squad to be even better than Juve's

And if Rafa chooses to go back to a 4-man back line, how do you think someone like Maggio or Zuniga (if he stays) will fair?

And Armero? Really? laugh.gif
X-Offender
Armero is very good, han. Last season he had a bad spell, but his talent and potential are undisputed.

I think Napoli should stick with their 3-man defense. They have the right players for it. If they sign a quality CB and CM, they're set for the title race.
Ry4n
I think your forgetting they did buy for there defence Raúl Albiol being one also they have a new goal keeper in Riena but yes they could have done more and who knows they still can buy more i dislike the way rafa plays his teams have since he was at liverpool i think Napoli can proabably get champions league football with the team they have now.
Also i think they over paid for Gonzalo Higuaín.
X-Offender
I didn't forget about Albiol, but him alone is not enough. Cannavaro, Britos, Fernandez, Gamberini, they're all pretty average to mediocre defenders.
Ry4n
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 26 2013, 06:14 AM) *
I didn't forget about Albiol, but him alone is not enough. Cannavaro, Britos, Fernandez, Gamberini, they're all pretty average to mediocre defenders.

I would'nt call Cannavaro and Gamberini mediocre but i guess yes i agree with the rest. The question is will Napoli buy more capable players and put a bigger challenge for the title or champions league spot. Its going to be a great season for serie A regardless.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 26 2013, 12:48 AM) *
Armero is very good, han. Last season he had a bad spell, but his talent and potential are undisputed.

I think Napoli should stick with their 3-man defense. They have the right players for it. If they sign a quality CB and CM, they're set for the title race.

Meh, he was good at Udine if you're easily impressed by fast players who don't have any end product.

A 3-man defence isn't just simply deciding you're going to play with 3 at the back and that's that. The coach has to know how to implement it. Mazzarri and Conte being the only coaches who have done so successfully in recent times. Sure the players are adapt to it and some of them are better playing in it but if the system is not right then they'll have big problems with it.

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jul 26 2013, 03:50 AM) *
I would'nt call Cannavaro and Gamberini mediocre but i guess yes i agree with the rest. The question is will Napoli buy more capable players and put a bigger challenge for the title or champions league spot. Its going to be a great season for serie A regardless.

They're all very average, and to spend big money to add another average CB to the list is just not smart.

The rumours right now are about another striker that they're willing to spend over 30m for. That's just idiotic when you have a terrible defence and an average midfield.

Personally I think Napoli will struggle this season at least until they find their feet. Higuain is certainly no Cavani who did get them out of a lot of nasty situations
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jul 26 2013, 04:50 AM) *

Albiol - Cannavaro - Gamberini is decent unit indeed. The rest I agree with X-Off, they're just not that good.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 26 2013, 09:07 AM) *
Meh, he was good at Udine if you're easily impressed by fast players who don't have any end product.

The irony being that's exactly what Abate is.

Last season was an off one for Armero, but between wanting to leave Udinese and then joining a team who were in the title race he just didn't play so much.

The previous season, despite having "no end product" he got 10 assists as a LWB. That's more assists than Abate has in his career. laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 26 2013, 04:09 PM) *
Albiol - Cannavaro - Gamberini is decent unit indeed. The rest I agree with X-Off, they're just not that good.

The irony being that's exactly what Abate is.

Last season was an off one for Armero, but between wanting to leave Udinese and then joining a team who were in the title race he just didn't play so much.

The previous season, despite having "no end product" he got 10 assists as a LWB. That's more assists than Abate has in his career. laugh.gif

Your obsession with Abate is seriously strange...

And where did you get the 10 assists stat from? He had 3 for Napoli and 1 for Udinese. You're trying to make him look good so your Abate "arguments" are supported.

And to say Abate is just a runner with no end product is simply ridiculous. He's a good defender as well and not just a wingback that is incapable of defending.
X-Offender
Things to do for Galliani this summer:

✓ Check the list of free agents
✓ Ask Kaká on a free loan
✓ Beg for Ljajic
✓ Beg for Honda
✓ Recover De Jong and claim it as a new signing
✓ Don't sell El Shaarawy and claim it as a new signing
✓ Contract renewal for Robinho, claim it as a new signing + added value
✓ Balotelli from the start of the season = new signing
✓ Full-purchase of Constant = new signing
✓ Contract renewal for Bonera = new signing
✓ Boateng shaves hair? New Boateng. New signing
✓ New jersey number for Niang? New player. New signing
✓ Cristante in the first team, clearly a new signing
✓ Two randomly taken mediocre free-agents
✓ To have as ultimate goal the 3rd place
✓ "If nobody leaves, nobody comes"
✓ Ask PSG if they want any of our players this summer
✓ If someone complains, throw the usual "Most titled club feat. 7 Champions Leagues"
✓ Get surpassed by Roma, Fiorentina and Napoli
✓ Curva Sud taken for a ride again this year

Word.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 26 2013, 05:47 PM) *
Your obsession with Abate is seriously strange...

And where did you get the 10 assists stat from? He had 3 for Napoli and 1 for Udinese. You're trying to make him look good so your Abate "arguments" are supported.

And to say Abate is just a runner with no end product is simply ridiculous. He's a good defender as well and not just a wingback that is incapable of defending.

Your obsession with anyone that plays for Juve/Napoli being medicore is more strange.

Re-read what I said.

Last season was an off one for Armero...

The previous season, despite having "no end product" he got 10 assists as a LWB.

So yes, last season he "only" had 4, which aint bad considered he only started 12 games. The previous season, as I said, he had 10 assists. He's so far superior going forward than Abate it's absolutely comical. Armero was brilliant in his time at Udinese at helped them qualify for the CL a couple of times, despite them previously being a pretty poor side. just another quality player they've picked up from nowhere.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 26 2013, 08:03 PM) *

✓ Beg for Ljajic
✓ Beg for Honda
✓ If someone complains, throw the usual "Most titled club feat. 7 Champions Leagues"

Word.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 26 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Your obsession with anyone that plays for Juve/Napoli being medicore is more strange.

Re-read what I said.

So yes, last season he "only" had 4, which aint bad considered he only started 12 games. The previous season, as I said, he had 10 assists. He's so far superior going forward than Abate it's absolutely comical. Armero was brilliant in his time at Udinese at helped them qualify for the CL a couple of times, despite them previously being a pretty poor side. just another quality player they've picked up from nowhere.

Uh... What?

Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, Tevez, Pogba, Chiellini, all great or top class players. Hamsik, Higuain, Inler, Insigne, all great players.

I've never had any trouble with admitting that these players are great. I mostly have a problem with you overrating basically every player that does not play for us, while underrating all our players.

That being said, aside from those mentioned at both Juve and Napoli the others all range from mediocre, average or slightly above average. None of those teams are perfect. Napoli's defence is just plain bad. While Juve, aside from Chiellini have decent players but due to their unit they're an amazingly strong defensive team, just look at the same players for Italy, a complete joke. Even Chiellini become susceptible to huge blunders.

Sorry, didn't notice that, and yeah, he's superior to Abate in that aspect playing for teams who are mostly built to counterattack thus his speed becomes crucial while Abate plays in a slow team who mostly just overcrowds around the opposition's penalty area. And that being said, Abate is the far superior defender, and playing in a system like ours I'd prefer to have the FB who's stronger defensively rather than attacking wise, if we played with wingbacks than I'd probably prefer Maggio over Abate.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 26 2013, 08:54 PM) *
Sorry, didn't notice that, and yeah, he's superior to Abate in that aspect playing for teams who are mostly built to counterattack thus his speed becomes crucial while Abate plays in a slow team who mostly just overcrowds around the opposition's penalty area. And that being said, Abate is the far superior defender, and playing in a system like ours I'd prefer to have the FB who's stronger defensively rather than attacking wise, if we played with wingbacks than I'd probably prefer Maggio over Abate.

Yeah and this I don't really disgaree with. I think overall Maggio is the superior player, same as Armero over MDS, but then in a back 4 given their experience in such positions Abate/MDS would be more comfortable in a 4 than Maggio/Armero.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 26 2013, 08:48 PM) *
Yeah and this I don't really disgaree with. I think overall Maggio is the superior player, same as Armero over MDS, but then in a back 4 given their experience in such positions Abate/MDS would be more comfortable in a 4 than Maggio/Armero.

Well I think MDS is sort of a throwback FB. He's also very strong defensively but struggles in the final third at times, plus he's not as fast as the others. But he'd be just as comfortable playing at CB as he is at FB, something none of the others can do.

Personally I think Abate/DS are the strongest FB (not WB) pairing in the league. Especially when playing in a system like ours.

We'll have to see what Napoli do under Rafa. If they switch to a back 4, Maggio/Armero would struggle imo, and most likely leave their CBs exposed.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 26 2013, 03:03 PM) *

✓ Beg for Ljajic
✓ Beg for Honda

Word.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This is hilarious!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 22 2013, 03:58 PM) *
New shirt numbers:

• Abbiati 32, Amelia 1, Gabriel 59.
  • Abate 20, Antonini 77, Bonera 25, Constant 21, Didac Vilà 35, De Sciglio 2, Mexes 5, Vergara 33, Zaccardo 81, Zapata 17.
  • Boateng 10, Cristante 24, De Jong 34, Emanuelson 28, Montolivo 18, Muntari 4, Nocerino 23, Poli 16, Saponara 8, Strasser 14, Traorè 12.
  • Balotelli 45, Beretta 36, El Shaarawy 92, Niang 78, Oduamadi 90, Pazzini 11, Petagna 37, Robinho 7.

What's with Niang and 78? huh.gif

Nocerino now taking Ambro's number, since he couldn't fill in Rino's shoes. So strange seeing this shirt with Ambro.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 3 2013, 11:46 AM) *
Nocerino now taking Ambro's number, since he couldn't fill in Rino's shoes. So strange seeing this shirt with Ambro.

Wasn't #23 his preferred number? I think he used to wear it at Palermo
TriniKing_CE
El Shaarawy : " Massimiliano Allegri tells me I’m more predictable when I cut in from the left, so I should play more as an out and out striker. I’ll know how to adapt, even though I do find it easier to start from the left, as that’s where I started out. I’m enthusiastic. "

" I also want to clarify there has never been a row with Allegri. When he dropped me against Napoli, he explained his ideas and I accepted them calmly. I was fully aware that I wasn’t the same El Shaarawy as a few months earlier. I was on the bench, there was no need to stir up the chaos that followed in the media. "

TriniKing_CE
Massimiliano Allegri for GQ Italy [Translated]

I let my team save €300m last season and still qualified to the Champions league !!

You won't believe it, but i haven't smoke one cigarette in my whole life; Today youngsters (footballers) smoke and earn thousands of euros, my first salary was just 500 k lira/month (1 € = about 2000 lira)

When they told me about considering Balotelli in transfers, I directly said yes, he has the potential to become the best in the world.

Balotelli is awesome in set pieces, I would let him have penalties, freekicks and even Corners !!

Media say a lot of things about me becuz I'm shy, I will try to improve my relation with media.

Formations are decided based on the players you have, If you have 4 good wingers you play with 3 in the attack, else if you have a great playmaker you play with a number 10.

I'm a revolutionary coach? No
There is only one revolutionary coach and it's Arrigo Sacchi or else we know nothing about football.

Guardiola did a revolution in Barca? Let's not joke about it .. Barca do simple things like having an extra man adding up in the attack, When you have Messi and Iniesta life becomes easy.

Fillipo Simone
Very good PR stuff. But behind those lines I really hope Allegri learned and gained experience. Something tells me he has, but it's just a hunch. However he's let us down so many times before when it comes to learning & improving, so my hopes aren't high.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 3 2013, 03:12 PM) *
Wasn't #23 his preferred number? I think he used to wear it at Palermo

Yeah, it's his preferred number. Nothing to do with "not filling Rino's shoes".

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 3 2013, 07:09 PM) *
I'm a revolutionary coach? No

What was the interviewer even thinking asking such an idiotic question? laugh.gif
KillerMax
Good read.
X-Offender
^ Link doesn't work, but I assume it's this.
Jack Bauer
Yeah, though it works fine for me.
KillerMax
Works for me too. It's always nice to see those guys.
Jack Bauer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8UTQ8IWixk
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 7 2013, 12:27 AM) *
It's always nice to see those guys.

Ditto wink.gif

king.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 7 2013, 11:19 AM) *

Extended Clip (to the Balo Dunk)

AC Milan playing basketball at St. Thomas University:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnu-ascGXUQ
Jack Bauer
X-Offender
^ And that is what exactly?
Jack Bauer
The fitness level of our players at this point according to GDS.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 14 2013, 04:50 PM) *

That's horrible!! huh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 15 2013, 01:50 AM) *

TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 14 2013, 08:18 PM) *

So much WIN in this one picture. Classic! king.gif
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 15 2013, 10:27 AM) *
So much WIN in this one picture. Classic!

Absolute. sleepysmiley03.gif
Jack Bauer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVWR-Z6hSXs
Rossoneri7
Financial Fair Play, stadiums, supporters’ participation to the Club’s management: a chat with Mr. Gandini, AC Milan Organization Director - May, 2013

The closing sport season is, probably, among those that have stimulated at a European level the greatest amount of debates on issues that have no direct reference on the playing field.

We asked to Umberto Gandini (@UmbertoGandini), AC Milan Organizing Director and ECA Vice-President, to help us to better decipher what is going on, thanks to his direct experience.

------

Q: Mr. Gandini, let's start with the main discussion "issue" in recent months: Financial Fair Play has started. How was this project born and up to what point it has been a path on which UEFA has cooperated with the other actors?

Let me first say that I have never really loved too the adjective "fair", especially since it implies that those who do not respect the requirements are "unfair". However, the idea has been mediatically successful, so we have continued to use it.

The project is the result of a shared discussion, born from the inspiration of President Platini, but then reasoned between UEFA, the football clubs (represented by ECA), the Federations and players (represented by FIFPro).

The very first idea actually stems during the Champions League Final in Moscow in 2008, which saw Manchester United opposed to Chelsea. Two clubs which, for different reasons, at that time had very high debt: MUtd for the LBO transaction occurred earlier, Chelsea due to Abramovich will to achieve leading positions in Europe quickly.

President Platini initially considered that it was necessary to achieve a total elimination of debts. Within the ECA, however, we observed that the presence of bank debt, in itself, is not a negative factor, since it is traditionally an element common to all companies pertaining to different industries.

From there we started to build a regulation that was centered on balancing the budget, in the belief that this was the really interesting goal. And, not less important, in the identification of some parameters that would help to ensure the sustainability of the debt: this is the real issue.

Q: By the end of June we should know the first observations by UEFA Club Financial Control Body (the body created at UEFA to manage from a procedural point of view and on all assessments of compliance with the requirements Financial Fair Play, NdR) What kind of relationship exists between the individual and the CFCB Club? Does it all work mediated by UEFA and the national associations or meetings were held with the primary stakeholders, ie the Club, to have a concrete and practical comparison on individual aspects?

The relationship between the individual Clubs and the CFCB is straightforward: each Club will send its data and documentation to have them assessed for Financial Fair Play purposes.

We do not really expect big differences in the approach between this "new" party and those who already oversee the budgets of the Club (the audit firm for the statutory financial statements, the Covisoc for the national license) considering that the CFCB can reasonably ask for clarification or additions to the documentation provided and then begin a contradictory to arrive to a shared view.

Should the position of CFCB diverge from the Club one and should this conflict lead to determine the sanctions against this club, then it will start the traditional procedure with the steps before the Disciplinary Committee and, subsequently, to TAS in Lausanne.

Q: What attitude do you expect from CFCB in this first phase of implementation of Financial Fair Play?

I presume the CFCB will initially adopt a less formal and more substantial approach. The path in the implementation of the new legislation was deliberately built to lay down clearly the target, but also to put the Clubs in a position to comply with the requirements within a reasonable time. There are, in fact, structural components (the diversification of revenues, the salaries, the funding sources) that can not be changed within one or two seasons.

I think the CFCB will pay particular attention to verify whether, in the event of a Club's failure to comply with one or more parameters of the Financial Fair Play, it has started a virtuous path to reach the expected result or whether, instead, the problem has not been properly addressed.

The decision to identify a set of sanctions that starts from the "recall" to reach the "withdrawal of the title" will allow CFCB to dose appropriately its intervention, taking into account the overall context within which a Club has operated. I do not expect, thought, an "Inquisition" approach, but rather a management of emerging issues. In a resolute way (CFCB born for this and can not change its mission), but in also with an "understanding" approach.

In any case, I'd like to remember that the assessments made by the CFCB during 2013 will relate to the 2011/12 FY, ie one of the two that make up the first observation period. So this first year will be a step closer to the verification of 2014 Spring, when the very first sanctions would be decided.

Q: The subject on which everyone is waiting to see what will happen, and many believe to be the real "test" to see if the Financial Fair Play is "a serious matter", comes from the sponsorship "fair value" when coming from related parties: the most striking example is Paris Saint-Germain's contract with the Qatar Tourism Authority, signed with retroactive effect for 2011/2012. What is your opinion on what will happen?

Undoubtedly the case of QTI sponsorship of PSG is special. Much will depend on how the lawyers of the PSG will be able to justify the value (and retroactivity) of the sponsorship agreement as part of "related party transactions". To be honest … none of us envy at this time PSG! To prove that a sponsorship of 150 million is indeed withinh the "fair value" is complex and, as far as I'm concerned, difficult. But I also assume that if they moved this way they have build an effective line of defense.

As for the support of the French Football Federation is concerned, I think it's natural. Among other things, it is important to remember that the "fair value" is specific request coming from Financial Fair Play, but does not necessarely impact on each Federation internal assessment process. For which, therefore, PSG 2011/12 Annual Report was not liable to reliefs.

Q: What are the elements of the Financial Fair Play that, in his view, would need further consideration?

I'm glad you asked me that question, because I think that the discussion in recent months has been too focused on PSG and Manchester City sponsorships, while there are other issues which, I believe, have not yet found a solution that ensures uniformity in the assessment process. I mean that there are differences in the accounting criteria of each nations and UEFA evaluation process still do not make all Clubs "equal".

A first example is the substantial absence of Annual Report official audit by most of the clubs pertaining to Eastern Europe (including Russia) Federations. I have the utmost respect, of course, the correctness of the owners and shareholders of the Company, but it is also true that we have a part of the UEFA world that has stringent procedures and request a third party (the audit firm) control, while another part of the same world can potentially draw up budgets and provide them to CFCB without these being subject to any external check.

A second example concerns a peculiarity of Spanish law, according to which annual contributions coming form the Club's shareholders are treated as ordinary income. This, especially when we tried to send a signal contrary to "football maecenas" is a bit incoherent. Why, for example, the 180,000 Barcelona shareholders can annually fund their Club and Abramovich (to say a random name) cannot?

A third example concerns a matter which has recently even led to the opening of an infringement procedure by the European Commission, which disputes some Dutch and Spanish clubs for having been beneficiaries of "state aid". Also in this case it is known that in some UEFA areas there are Governments, either directly or through subsidiaries, that deliver substantial contributions to the Clubs, as sponsorships or tax benefits.

Unfortunately, all these issues are not easy to solve, because it is clear that football clubs are, firstly, subject to the individual laws of their own Nation and, therefore, close their Financial Statements in accordance with those regulations. I also understand that it might be difficult to map all these specificities in order to fully identify harmonization criteria for the purposes of the CFCB controls.

What I hope to happen is that, quickly, also these matters will be addressed. We will then probably come to the determination that there are no viable solutions, but at least we will have tried.

Q: Considering that one of the major "problems" European football is the players costs, both in the market values ​​and, especially, in wages, would it be possible to borrow ​​salary cap idea, as applied in the United States?

The US is very different from our reality. These are "closed" Leagues, without relegations. The number of subjects that need to share a certain approach is contained and directly concerned. I do not think, therefore, that the U.S. model could be applied as it is.

Salary cost reduction is actually a goal that most of the Club have (although they are sometimes themselves responsible for such a "race"). It clashes, however, with a series of obstacles not easy to overcome:
1- the need for the rule to be applied in all UEFA; differently it would create discrepancies that would lead to the impoverishment of some championships for the benefit of others;
2- the availability of the main "victims" of these decisions. For the moment FIFPro (European Footballer Union) has been open to listen but without special glimpse availability to an agreement.

In the meantime, however, the European clubs are increasingly signing contracts which provide a share of fixed salary and a variable in an attempt to bind as much as possible of the costs to the results obtained, in order to self-finance (as far as possible) the costs with the additional income.

Q: Let's change the subject and move on to the Supporters. In Europe there is a growing debate about how the may contribute to the life the Clubs team, also as shareholders. Supporters Direct is carrying out a project funded by the European Union. We would like to have your opinion on this phenomenon, in particular on any problems and constraints that you believe may prevent a gradual spread in Italy.

What is happening in Europe is very attractive. I think, however, that it strongly depends on a cultural factor.

In England, the fan-shareholder existed, today almost not anymore. So, even the "homeland" of this culture has actually abandoned this practice in the last decade: Premier League Clubs are owned by private investors, or at least have a control structure easily attributable to a specific subject , just like in Italy.

Germany is certainly the country where this model is more prevalent. Partly because at the time of the transformation of football clubs form "no profit" associations into normal companies Germay has expressly adopted the "50 +1" rule, that prevent an individual person to control a Club.

But to return to the concept of cultural tradition, we must not forget that Germany is a Nation where the entire economic system is based on the concept of participation: I am referring in particular to the direct employees involvement in the management of the company for which they work. It is clear that it is almost natural that the football team see the supporters having an important role.

If we come to Italy, I have to say I'm a bit skeptical on the actual possibility that supporters participation may succeed, bot for a cultural matter and also because the management model used until now forced the owners to important annual injections of money into the clubs, something that would not be possible for a normal supporter.

As far as I know, in Serie A only Genoa CFC has an experience of this kind, because 25% of its share capital were donated years ago by President Preziosi to "Fondazione Genoa". Perhaps this could be an interesting model, because Fondazione Genoa has the right to participate in the appointment of the governing bodies of Genoa (Board of Directors and Board of Statutory Auditors) and, therefore, can play a sort of warranty role with respect to the proper management of the Company.

I do not exclude that, in the future, the approach will change. Indeed, perhaps, if football clubs become truly self-sufficient, we may study how to have supporters participating to the Company life. But I think it will be hard to find a comparable situation to, let's say, Barcelona, ​​Real Madrid and Bayern Munchen.

Q: Now l'ets come home, to Italy. At the beginning of April, FIGC published Football Report 2013, a photograph of our professional football. The debate emerged after the publication, and the solution invoked always the same: "let's hurry to approve the law on stadia". Can you tell us his vision about the stadium issue and, to the extent possible, the strategy for Milan also use this lever to increase and diversify the revenues of the Club?

Italian Clubs, more than other belonging to the Big-5, strongly depend on television rights and from participation in European competitions. Unfortunately, the commercial revenues and those arising from the exploitation of the stadium are still marginal.

I think the slogan "property stadium" is, however, deceptive. It is not the ownership of the stadium that makes the difference, but the possibility of exploitation of the same by the Club, increasing the offer towards business customers, offering attractive alternatives to the supporters (the Museum, shops for the sale of official products, spaces for conferences and meetings).

We shall be careful to consider international examples as automatically "localizable" on our territory. I think of Milan and, although it is perhaps the Country "economic capital", I struggle to believe they we may find the same economic environment of, for example, Munchen.

Juventus, who is the team with the greatest number of supporter in Italy, has chosen a 41,000 seats venue. I can't say if if was a proper choice or not, but I would imagine they have pursued the goal of having a load factor consistently close to 100%, to get the maximum benefit in a sustainable investment for the team.

As for Milano, I believe there are conditions for the City to have two venues.

AC Milan wants to stay at San Siro, and if there was the possibility of turning it into a facility exclusively dedicated to us we would be happy to study and, where possible, to proceed with such a project. Probably the constraints that currently prevent us from taking full advantage of the system (in particular the needs of our mutual respect and Inter) would be eliminated and, then, we could increase the matchday revenues that, currently, I'm afraid came almost to a maximum of how much is allowed to get in the current situation.

Returning to the national debate, I would add, however, that the investment of a new stadium is not for everyone: care should be taken to the component of debt that is generated, which must be within reach of the Club.

Perhaps for this reason, in the past, there have been many projects that supported the investment in sports activities on the fringes of a commercial or residential that would allow a return of the expenditure.

I do not see anything wrong, because the goal of an investor – even more so today with the Financial Fair Play – must be to undertake profitable initiatives and leading a benefit.

But the sports component should remain the central element of the project and not be a corollary.
kurtsimonw
Why, for example, the 180,000 Barcelona shareholders can annually fund their Club and Abramovich (to say a random name) cannot?

That's a good point. The fans are the owners after all.
TriniKing_CE
For those that were not aware, we had a friendly today.

Things to note: Kaka captained the team on his unofficial re-debut & Saponara played. smile.gif

Chiasso - AC Milan 0:4 (07/09/2013):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkRazbVApH8

Scorers:
0:1 Nocerino A.
0:2 Silvestre M.
0:3 Robinho
0:4 Saponara R.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, so Saponara isn't injured or what?
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 7 2013, 04:50 PM) *
Hmh, so Saponara isn't injured or what?

He returned to training last week.
William405
Thanks Trini for the highlights!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 7 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Thanks Trini for the highlights!

No problem man! wink.gif

...it's a shame the video's quality was so poor in this day and age.

Anyway, here's one more for what it's worth:

Kaka's highlights (he only played 1st Half): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDhSRpO4Ohg
han2503
Milan channel are showing repeats of it throughout the next few days for those who get the channel
X-Offender
Saponara skill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKSvA6tajDI
Jack Bauer
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan's total payroll is 105.000.000€. Juventus 115, Inter 95, Roma 92.5, Napoli 74.1, Fiorentina 60.5.

han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 9 2013, 08:41 AM) *
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan's total payroll is 105.000.000€. Juventus 115, Inter 95, Roma 92.5, Napoli 74.1, Fiorentina 60.5.

Just ridiculous to see how we've gone above the 100m mark once again. No doubt the huge squad number plays into this.

Next summer there are quite a few on expiring contracts. Only Abate should be given the renewal in May or around that time. The rest should all be let go. Also, Mexes' wage needs to be spread out more. 4m is too much.

This January we really need to work on selling some players, especially since Honda and Kucka will most likely be coming in, plus a much needed CB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.