Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 18 2017, 04:15 PM) *
So this is just a marginal topic but...

I find it somehow funny how both Alex and Mexes didn't find a team to sign for after Milan. They are old and shabby, but anyway... A strange way to end a footballing career, yes?

Still would have preferred to keep Mexes over Zapata innocent.gif

(Pure Danny bait biggrin.gif)
X-Offender
Wait, Mexes never signed for another club after leaving us? Very strange indeed!

I really valued him as a defender. I think if Silva had never left and we hadn't become such a parody, he could have had a decent career with us.
Fillipo Simone
Yes. Milan is still his last club according to wikipedia.
X-Offender
CM.cm are running a poll about who should the new Milan captain be.

Around 10k votes thus far, Bonaventura is leading with 57% followed by Bonucci with 33% of the votes.

Link

Obviously some of those pro-Bonaventura votes are by Juve fans who don't want to see Bonucci being our captain. Still, it's a fair poll I would say. I voted for Bonaventura as well.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 30 2017, 08:41 PM) *
CM.cm are running a poll about who should the new Milan captain be.

Around 10k votes thus far, Bonaventura is leading with 57% followed by Bonucci with 33% of the votes.

Link

Obviously some of those pro-Bonaventura votes are by Juve fans who don't want to see Bonucci being our captain. Still, it's a fair poll I would say. I voted for Bonaventura as well.

Jack for me as well. He has been everything I expected Montolivo to be when he signed for us. Tireless, passionate, skilful and always available for the team. If he had just a little bit more charisma he'd be a shoo-in for captain.

Man, this guy won my heart the time I saw him shed tears when he signed for us.
Fillipo Simone
You guys want a poll here at MF for the same question?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 30 2017, 04:18 PM) *
You guys want a poll here at MF for the same question?

We'd probably amount to 10 votes max. laugh.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 18 2017, 06:37 PM) *
Still would have preferred to keep Mexes over Zapata innocent.gif

(Pure Danny bait biggrin.gif)

biggrin.gif no biting tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
Interesting read regarding our top failed signings in the 1990s. Any additions?

Link

Funny how we shipped off our failures mostly to Barcelona. It happened with Kluivert, Reiziger, Bogarde and Dugarry.
d'Arc.LP
Milannews: 25k season-tickets have been sold so far.
d'Arc.LP
d'Arc.LP

X-Offender
To think Borini is in our Top 5... sleep.gif
Fillipo Simone
Or Donna...
X-Offender
Donna I can understand. Borini makes no sense.
Fishdoll
Patrick Cutrone needs a raise.
amancik
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Sep 7 2017, 11:32 PM) *
Patrick Cutrone needs a raise.

Can't agree more. He will definitely get one if he keeps performing.
Forza Milan!
Latest rumor is that Usmanov is close to buying Milan (maybe within a month). Apparently, this came from Top Calcio 24 (Telelombardia), but I could not find any confirmation.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 14 2019, 09:34 PM) *
Latest rumor is that Usmanov is close to buying Milan (maybe within a month). Apparently, this came from Top Calcio 24 (Telelombardia), but I could not find any confirmation.

I don't think Elliot want to sell just yet. They want to make Milan a profitable business before they do that.

And I doubt Paolo would have stayed on if there was more ownership upheaval coming our way in the near future
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 24 2019, 10:36 PM) *
I don't think Elliot want to sell just yet. They want to make Milan a profitable business before they do that.

And I doubt Paolo would have stayed on if there was more ownership upheaval coming our way in the near future

More rumors of a potential acquisition, this time by Qatar.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 4 2019, 06:46 PM) *
More rumors of a potential acquisition, this time by Qatar.

I'll believe it when I see it at this point. I can't see us being lucky enough to be bought by some sheik
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2019, 08:13 PM) *
I'll believe it when I see it at this point. I can't see us being lucky enough to be bought by some sheik

Yup. Unconfirmed rumors, anyway.

Interesting article on the topic
X-Offender
Just found this funny and thought I'd share:

Berlusconi: "Suso is the best Milan player, he has everything to be an extraordinary trequartista. He jumps the man one, two, three times. And he has a great shot. As a winger he cannot put these talents into action. And it doesn't seem to me that his crosses have ever been collected from the strikers to score goals."

What the hell? How many times have we scored from Suso crossing from the right all these years? A LOT. Silvio really has no clue about football.
Fillipo Simone
Did we though? From his crosses? Hmh, not so sure...
Forza Milan!
For anyone that understands Italian ... link. Napoli fan somewhat bitter about Sarri going to Rube.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 19 2019, 12:10 PM) *
[...] Silvio really has no clue about football.

Yup
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 25 2019, 09:39 PM) *
Did we though? From his crosses? Hmh, not so sure...

Dude...
Fillipo Simone
Yes, how many? It's not that he made a ton of assists by crosses anyway...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 27 2019, 07:40 PM) *
Yes, how many? It's not that he made a ton of assists by crosses anyway...

10 assists in 35 league games, and if memory serves right, most of them came from crosses from the right.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 28 2019, 08:21 PM) *
10 assists in 35 league games, and if memory serves right, most of them came from crosses from the right.

I really don't think so but perhaps. Anyway, not a terrific statistic at all, considering that we have aerially good strikers all the time.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 28 2019, 07:01 PM) *
I really don't think so but perhaps. Anyway, not a terrific statistic at all, considering that we have aerially good strikers all the time.

You just don't like Suso, that's it. tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
Dida
Cafu Nesta Costacurta Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf
Kaka
Inzaghi Shevchenko

Especially with a 35 yo seedorf and 40 yo Maldini, what a team!
X-Offender
Really gutted by Kobe's tragic death. A person that gave so much to sport, and also a big Milan fan. R.I.P. champion.
William405
Me too. It's just tragic. RIP Kobe <3
Fillipo Simone
Shocking news. Really sad..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.