Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 18 2013, 10:16 AM) *
Alright...I get that. The reason I said this is because Pirlo's statements were or could be coloured to be more anti-Milan management than anti-Milan.

He never really criticised the team mates, the fans or the old coaches. But just asking. For me the biggest issue is that he celebrated when he scored. On the other hand, you had Rui Costa who burst into tears when he scored against Benfica. sad.gif

Even Ronaldo showed more grace against Sporting Lisbon.

Those are completely different situations

Ronaldo and Rui Costa were products of those teams. Sure Pirlo spent a lot of time at Milan but he was brought in from Inter and he came through the Brescia system.

Yes it does seem like he's burned all his bridges with the Club but as you said, I think his biggest issue was the management and Allegri.

Personally he's still one of my favourite players, but he's proven himself to be a sh!tty person. Some of the things he said were simply uncalled for, I know he was angry because we tossed him aside at the end so he retaliated in that way. Still I think it's pointless, I can't ever see him in a Milan shirt again
Fillipo Simone
No, I think you've got it wrong.

It's a pity it ended this way, I would have gone running to Madrid. It has more charm than Milan, it has more future, more appeal, more of everything, it strikes fear to any opponent

These are the words I'll never forget. It shows how little Pirlo appreciates not only "his" management, but also Milan as a club.

You say he never went against Milan? Yet I remember him playing like a brute on the first few matches played against his former team-mates. I wasn't just special motivation, it was a dirty play with elbowing, fouls and mental games. I hope you guys remember it, it was a Coppa game. Afterwards the same in a Serie A occasion.

Or the fact that he spoke Spanish with his teammates after finding out he's not going to Madrid? You guys think such behavior is only against the management?

No, this man is finished for me. He has no respect for the fans, for the club and name. We really don't need such character.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 18 2013, 03:18 PM) *

These are the words I'll never forget. It shows how little Pirlo appreciates not only "his" management, but also Milan as a club.

You say he never went against Milan? Yet I remember him playing like a brute on the first few matches played against his former team-mates. I wasn't just special motivation, it was a dirty play with elbowing, fouls and mental games. I hope you guys remember it, it was a Coppa game. Afterwards the same in a Serie A occasion.

Or the fact that he spoke Spanish with his teammates after finding out he's not going to Madrid? You guys think such behavior is only against the management?

No, this man is finished for me. He has no respect for the fans, for the club and name. We really don't need such character.

He no longer is a part of Milan, that is that.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 18 2013, 12:18 PM) *

Well I did say "Personally he's still one of my favourite players, but he's proven himself to be a sh!tty person". But I forgot that part about Madrid, I remember the bit about him saying he wanted to go there but didn't remember that part or the bit about speaking Spanish
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 18 2013, 11:50 AM) *
Ronaldo and Rui Costa were products of those teams. Sure Pirlo spent a lot of time at Milan but he was brought in from Inter and he came through the Brescia system.

Well Ronaldo also scored against United for Madrid and put his hands up to apologise, so that's comparable to Pirlo. The man doesn't have any class.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 18 2013, 05:41 PM) *
He no longer is a part of Milan, that is that.

Yeah, that is that. But so is what Fillipo posted above. unsure.gif The guy comes across as a rich, spoiled brat (steel mills, anyone) who got lucky to play professional football. But his weak and pathetic character came through at occasions, even though Pirlo was at no point in time, ever, the best in the world in his position.

There were always one or two midfielders above him. But he still behaves like a douche. Even Ibra is miles better than him in many regards, and he always had good words for Milan as a club and as an institution, even though we technically dumped him. And are paying the price.

I'd forever take Ibra for another 2-3 years, win the CL with him than (shall we call it waste) the money with players like Balo, Matri, Pazzini and maybe even Kaka. Just dump it all and give him the 8-10 million he deserves. Sure it won't exactly be an investment for th future, but our present would have been more secure than what it is now.

Case in point being, Ibra is twice the man Pirlo is, and I don't want our so-called maestro back. Go to Real Madrid.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 18 2013, 01:12 PM) *
Well Ronaldo also scored against United for Madrid and put his hands up to apologise, so that's comparable to Pirlo. The man doesn't have any class.

Yeah. you're right about that one, totally forgot about that gesture from Ronaldo last season.

I guess Pirlo does not appreciate that Milan and Carlo made him into the player he is today, unlike Ronaldo who always acknowledged what an important influence SAF was for him, because had Pirlo stayed at Inter he'd have been a failed trequartista who would have probably drifted into a sea of loaned players making moves from one mid-table club to another
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, the next Domenico Morfeo.
kurtsimonw
Agreed. Had Pirlo not joined us I don't think he would have progressed the way he did. Not only because of his new position but being the very best would've helped him - Inter really weren't all that back then.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 18 2013, 03:24 PM) *
Yeah, the next Domenico Morfeo.

Yep, talk about ungrateful

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 18 2013, 03:25 PM) *
Agreed. Had Pirlo not joined us I don't think he would have progressed the way he did. Not only because of his new position but being the very best would've helped him - Inter really weren't all that back then.

Yeah. Still, I think he could have just easily failed with us had Carlo not totally re-invented him as a player.
Danny
It's only really Milan fans who dislike C*nto, because we've seen the treacherous, sniveling, ungrateful slimy side of his personality.

He isn't a good or honourable man, and I don't even think he's an especially terrific player either. He needs like acres of space - otherwise he's useless.

Give him the space and he can hurt you, but only sometimes.

He's also going through a bit of an early midlife crisis, as if he's trying to erase his past and be a 'new man' with that ridiculous beard.
Jack Sparrow
Tbh...it just hurts. He was my favourite player in Milan. I used to idolise him. You know..play the same position. Try the same moves. And now this... biggrin.gif What a way to grow old!

I also just realised that this is the first time in Milan, that I just see no idols!! There is no one worthy to emulate or point to as the flagbearer.

Man..screw this..sell half the team and bring us Silva and Ibra back.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 18 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Tbh...it just hurts. He was my favourite player in Milan. I used to idolise him. You know..play the same position. Try the same moves. And now this... biggrin.gif What a way to grow old!

I also just realised that this is the first time in Milan, that I just see no idols!! There is no one worthy to emulate or point to as the flagbearer.

Well I will say that Kaka, Turin aside, has been absolutely superb since his return. He has become our flagbearer again in the absence of anyone else capable of holding it without being sent off in the process.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 18 2013, 06:13 PM) *

I feel the same way man. I loved Rino and Ambro, admired Seedorf, Kaka was brilliant, but Pirlo was a Milan invention. He made us play well, he was the motor and brain. It is really sad, but he squandered everything with his egoistic behavior - which is also connected with his brilliance I guess.

Only now you realize that? Man, I've had this feeling for years. Silva was great and very, how to put this, dear to me. Ibrahimović is a great player, but I didn't like his character. The last of the idols was Ambrosini, somehow resembling a fallen Titan among the new gods. Van Bommel could have come close, but his spell was short.

Now we have De Sciglio. That's the only player who has potential to become part of this Milan pantheon. And the Maldini kids of course.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 18 2013, 04:13 PM) *

I beg to differ, I model my drunk walking after Niang's horribly failed attempts at dribbling past defenders.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 18 2013, 09:20 PM) *
Well I will say that Kaka, Turin aside, has been absolutely superb since his return. He has become our flagbearer again in the absence of anyone else capable of holding it without being sent off in the process.

Well put, I feel the same away, Turin withstanding. smile.gif It was his comeback cut short, but it was the first glimpse of that fire that he brings to pitch. A fire that we have have not seen since pretty much 2009.

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 18 2013, 09:33 PM) *
I beg to differ, I model my drunk walking after Niang's horribly failed attempts at dribbling past defenders.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 18 2013, 09:25 PM) *
Only now you realize that? Man, I've had this feeling for years. Silva was great and very, how to put this, dear to me. Ibrahimović is a great player, but I didn't like his character. The last of the idols was Ambrosini, somehow resembling a fallen Titan among the new gods. Van Bommel could have come close, but his spell was short.

Agreed about Silva and Ibra. smile.gif Ambrosini too, and I am glad he stayed an year more, though would have loved to see him retire here and say his goodbyes. sad.gif Van Bommel, I believe, came more than close. You can't ask for more than what he gave in his fleeting of spells here, you really can't.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 18 2013, 09:25 PM) *
Now we have De Sciglio. That's the only player who has potential to become part of this Milan pantheon. And the Maldini kids of course.

This. cool.gif Many times over. Have really high hopes for the Scig, my only favorite now this side of Kaka!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 18 2013, 06:13 PM) *

Can't say the same for myself. Right now, my second favourite player ever is playing with us, i.e. Kaká. It doesn't matter that it's his second spell, it doesn't matter that he's not the old Kaká anymore. This guy has been one of my idols for a very long time, and I never felt any bitterness towards him when he left. Just sadness. And now it's amazing to have him back with us.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 18 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Can't say the same for myself. Right now, my second favourite player ever is playing with us, i.e. Kaká.

The proverbial question then, friends and foes, is who is the first one? huh.gif
kurtsimonw
I'm going to guess either Helveg, Coco or Brocchi.
acid911
biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Naah, it must be Max Allegri.
acid911
He's not a player, though. huh.gif He's a master!
X-Offender
Who else could it be if not the Milan player that defined my generation: Andriy Shevchenko. The tzar. The person I idolised the most and that will always remain my #1 football player ever.
kurtsimonw
Good choice.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 18 2013, 04:20 PM) *

Your view on Kaka is really refreshing considering how you felt about him before. Have to say I agree with you as well. I have a few players on this team which I like, but Kaka is just a classy all round player. He has that special something, and it's very clear to see when he's on the pitch

But yeah, Sheva is the player that was imo, the one who defined what that entire cycle of players stood for. Brilliance, class, skill, star quality...
KillerMax
I knew it had to be him. Can you guys believe he is retired? We will never see him play again. But most of us got to see him at his peak. And what a show...
Fillipo Simone
My pick would be - obviously - Maldini. Then there's Billy and Sandro. I don't know, but I always admired the defenders. Then the builders like Albertini and Pirlo.

But I easily understand how Shevchenko fits as a number one, it's my fathers first pick as well, and he's seen the likes of Altafini, Gullit or Basten in live action.
dst
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 18 2013, 07:44 PM) *
I knew it had to be him. Can you guys believe he is retired?

Did he really? The way our forwards have been playing I have not missed him one bit!

It's

Kaladze
Maldini
Nesta
Rui Costa
Sheva
Kaka

for me.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 18 2013, 08:58 PM) *
He's not a player, though. huh.gif He's a master!

He was. And the guy trained with Milan in summer 1994. Didn't you know? Probably the highlight of his playing career.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 18 2013, 06:41 PM) *
Your view on Kaka is really refreshing considering how you felt about him before. Have to say I agree with you as well. I have a few players on this team which I like, but Kaka is just a classy all round player. He has that special something, and it's very clear to see when he's on the pitch

I put my old feelings in the bin, wiped the slate clean and moved on.

Bit like I did when I returned to this old place not that long ago wink.gif

As for Kaka, it is quite probable that we make him look a bit better, but I don't really care - since his return he's been basically outstanding.

But yeah, Sheva is the player that was imo, the one who defined what that entire cycle of players stood for. Brilliance, class, skill, star quality...

I used to love Sheva (he was probably my main reason for 'stepping up' my Milan fandom just after 2000) but when he walked out for Chelsea I felt as I did for Kaka. But when Sheva came back he'd lost pretty much the lot and wasn't able to redeem himself unlike how Ricky has.
Danny
My all time Milan hero? Gullit. It would have been Sheva but for how things ended. Kaka is pushing the situation though, and if we get another 2 or 3 years of this kind of quality he might just become my number 1.

My all time football heroes; Brian Laudrup and Walter Smith. Laudrup, of course, had a brief spell with Milan before his Rangers days.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 18 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Did he really? The way our forwards have been playing I have not missed him one bit!

Maldini
Nesta
Rui Costa
Sheva
Kaka

for me.

Sheva
Maldini
Nesta
Kaka'
Cafu
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 19 2013, 01:41 AM) *
My all time Milan hero? Gullit. It would have been Sheva but for how things ended. Kaka is pushing the situation though, and if we get another 2 or 3 years of this kind of quality he might just become my number 1.

My all time football heroes; Brian Laudrup and Walter Smith. Laudrup, of course, had a brief spell with Milan before his Rangers days.

Gullit you say? But if you consider Shevchenko's move a minus, then Gullit has done even worse things.

Laudrup I loved. It would be cool to see his brother as a Milan coach.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 19 2013, 01:47 AM) *
Sheva
Maldini
Nesta
Kaka'
Cafu

Sheva
Kaká
Nesta
Inzaghi
Rui Costa

Pirlo might have been there but we all know his story.
Jack Bauer
If I had to choose just 5 I'd go with

Paolo
Sheva
Baresi
Nesta
Costacurta
Fillipo Simone
Question: why do you guys pick and honor Rui Costa that often? I ask, because I was always under the impression that, while Costa played a important role and some beautiful games with us, his peak was with Fiorentina - and his heart as well.
Jack Sparrow
Pick only 5 huh? sad.gif

Paolo
Van Basten
Pirlo
Seedorf
Sheva
Ibra
kurtsimonw
I forgot Ibra completely. He's make my #5 over Cafu.
Jack Sparrow
The biggest wrench for me was leaving out Rino. But his behaviour against Tottenham really made that decision of Ibra over Rino easy for me.

Possibly coz I expected a pure mercenary attitude from Ibra, but what I saw was something quite different.
William405
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 18 2013, 09:44 PM) *
I knew it had to be him. Can you guys believe he is retired? We will never see him play again. But most of us got to see him at his peak. And what a show...

Never got to see him play at all! (well at least not at his peak)
Still waiting for the acid man to give me some torrents tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 19 2013, 06:38 PM) *
Still waiting for the acid man to give me some torrents

You know there was a time when I had a hard disk full of the most classic of matches. happy.gif National Team only, like World Cup and Euro Tournaments of years past, from the 50s to 2002. This was before disaster struck and I lost it. Anyway, I intend to get it back one day, bit by bit.

As for Milan matches in particular, my current collection is not too shabby, though only the special ones are in store.
William405
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 19 2013, 03:44 PM) *
You know there was a time when I had a hard disk full of the most classic of matches. happy.gif National Team only, like World Cup and Euro Tournaments of years past, from the 50s to 2002. This was before disaster struck and I lost it. Anyway, I intend to get it back one day, bit by bit.

As for Milan matches in particular, my current collection is not too shabby, though only the special ones are in store.

Then, on your next visit here..be sure to bring it with you! Or you're not welcome tongue.gif
han2503
Mine would be

Sheva
Maldini
Nesta
Kaka
Rino

Ibra and Van Bommel were both immense for us but it was too short a time to consider them here
William405
If I had to pick 5, and bare with me cause I've only seen the "modern" Milan.

- Nesta
- Thiago Silva

Those two are my favorites no doubt. I admire defense as well, specially in these modern days...where "Messi" is unstoppable. When, Thiago and Nesta frustrated Messi..it was just a joy to watch. I also love them both, and they are probably the two players I've watched the most. I've seen them play on very high levels for a 2-3 seasons. Yes, Thiago wasn't brilliant in his first season with us..but he developed quickly.

- Ibra.

Yes, he does come with some baggage..but I've always felt like he was true natural leader. Always demanding the best, always aiming high. It's also amazing how unusually skillful he is with respect to his length. I think the only great player who comes close to him in height is Van Basten?? One of a kind player, and he made watching Milan under Allegri much more exciting.

- Kaka. Obvious choice..

- Inzaghi.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 19 2013, 06:51 PM) *
Then, on your next visit here..be sure to bring it with you! Or you're not welcome

Will do, captain! king.gif I'll be visiting you just after I raid the offices of Sky Sports, Al Jazeera Sports, ESPN and companies. These matches are time travel, man, I tell you, time travel. One just gets transported back.
Danny
Top 5...

No order...

Kaka, Sheva, Silva, Ibra, Gullit.

Honourable mentions for:

Jankulovski, MVB, Rijkaard, Pippo, Rino.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 18 2013, 11:08 PM) *
Gullit you say? But if you consider Shevchenko's move a minus, then Gullit has done even worse things.

Yes, but he had dreadlocks. And scored one of my all time favourite goals.

Laudrup I loved. It would be cool to see his brother as a Milan coach.

Brian never really settled in Italy - it was the old catenaccio days which stifled wingers horribly and with 18 opponents on him he was never going to thrive. It's why his very similar brother did so well in Spain - same kind of play but far more freedom to express it.

Yeah, I'd take Mikey at Milan as coach but never going to happen. He's being groomed for either Madrid or Barca.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 19 2013, 04:03 PM) *
I forgot Ibra completely. He's make my #5 over Cafu.

Aww, you wiped the smile straight off Cafu's face. sad.gif And he used to say in interviews that the only time he'd stop smiling was when he was dead. Cruel, Kurt, cruel.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 19 2013, 09:56 AM) *
Question: why do you guys pick and honor Rui Costa that often? I ask, because I was always under the impression that, while Costa played a important role and some beautiful games with us, his peak was with Fiorentina - and his heart as well.

Because the guy was pure class. His vision and passing skills were unmatched. He was phenomenal in 02/03, and just as we started becoming a winning team, Kaká arrived and took his spot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.