Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Fillipo Simone
Why do you think it's important for him to finish the season with us?
acid911
Um, I think R7 actually meant things taking a turn for the better very soon, and Allegri staying with the club to finish the season he started. Hope being the keyword here, a well wish. smile.gif Because while he can get the pink slip after the Udinese game, changing coaches during a season is rarely an ideal situation.

But the point with Allegri is that things seem to have taken a turn for the worse on all fronts for him.
Fillipo Simone
At this point, I'd rather take my chances. Judging from the past, Milan's interim coaches and mid-season changes were actually a major success. Just think of the last names, and you'll see.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 23 2012, 09:31 AM) *
At this point, I'd rather take my chances. Judging from the past, Milan's interim coaches and mid-season changes were actually a major success. Just think of the last names, and you'll see.

I agree. Allegri clearly has no intention of implementing something new, putting out the best possible 11 out there or trying out a new formation.

A 4-3-3 is not something new, not when you're playing Urby and El Shaa on the "wings". I'm 100% certain that we'll end up forming up with the same shape on the pitch as we have been for the last few games. It will become congested and our only tactic will be to cross the ball in whenever we get near the penalty area
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 23 2012, 12:31 PM) *

Well, we never know. Maybe the interim coach would turnout to be a game changer for us. Then again, that is the best case scenario.

But it usually isn't that easy, especially in our case. The easiest thing to do is fire Allegri and hire someone else. But I hope we take the harder road, where Allegri takes this challenge and proves us all wrong.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 23 2012, 11:49 AM) *
A 4-3-3 is not something new, not when you're playing Urby and El Shaa on the "wings". I'm 100% certain that we'll end up forming up with the same shape on the pitch as we have been for the last few games. It will become congested and our only tactic will be to cross the ball in whenever we get near the penalty area

Here's a crazy idea. How about we actually wait to see the 4-3-3 before deciding it doesn't work. tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 23 2012, 11:51 AM) *
Here's a crazy idea. How about we actually wait to see the 4-3-3 before deciding it doesn't work. tongue.gif

It's pretty obvious when he chooses a certain player over the other in regards to how it will turn out.

It's not simply about the formation, a 4-2-3-1 could also easily turn into a mess if he's playing a bunch of runners everwhere who have a tendancy to drift to the center.

And the predicted line-ups all show that he's going to be picking the same players but instead of having Prince tucked in behind the strikers he'll move him wide. And we all know how it will eventually turn out
kurtsimonw
Prince isn't playing. unsure.gif

Or maybe I'm missing your point.
X-Offender
According to Italian newspaper 'Leggo', the Ferrero family is interested in purchasing Milan from Berlusconi. There have been contacts for months now, and the group is currently studying the club's balances and budget. The next important meeting is scheduled for spring 2013. Michelle Ferrero is the richest man in Italy and 23rd in the world, according to Forbes.

Link
KillerMax
I don't know anything about the man and how he would manage this team. I don't know what to think of this news.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 26 2012, 05:34 PM) *
I don't know anything about the man and how he would manage this team. I don't know what to think of this news.

It'd be too good to be true.
Fillipo Simone
Could be good IMO. Especially as the new owners would be Italians.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2012, 05:48 PM) *
Could be good IMO. Especially as the new owners would be Italians.

Yep.
Fillipo Simone
My only fear is that the Milan we all know ceases to exist - the gallant, traditional and modern, special Milan that legends always point out. One can easily say this is already the past, but still - as long as we have people in the board who know how this mentality was achieved, and who participated in it, we have a chance. Once this is gone we could turn into a good, even great club, but without that special thing.

And to me, this is what counts. Milan's specialty is more important then any United, City or Blaugrana silverware.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2012, 07:14 PM) *
My only fear is that the Milan we all know ceases to exist - the gallant, traditional and modern, special Milan that legends always point out. One can easily say this is already the past, but still - as long as we have people in the board who know how this mentality was achieved, and who participated in it, we have a chance. Once this is gone we could turn into a good, even great club, but without that special thing.

And to me, this is what counts. Milan's specialty is more important then any United, City or Blaugrana silverware.

Thing is (and correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm not too knowledgeable about Milan's history) we are using a total different approach than we used before to achieve our greatness.We are getting free players disregarding their tainted past..maybe the old Milan wouldn't accept such players as Cassano.The history books will only tell if this kind of approach will fail or succeed but I'm willing to venture with new owners who will invest if we are losing our identity anyway.
Fillipo Simone
I don't think it's a new approach. We always signed players like that. But the thing was - we used to transform then, offering them a totally different atmosphere and mentality which most of the troublemakers used to understand and cherish very much.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2012, 07:14 PM) *

Agreed!

Further, Berlusconi had invested a lot into Milan. Has contributed significantly in exposing the world to Milan.

We could have ended up the Torino to Juventus, Juventus being inter. That alone has been the crucial element in my support for his management of the club, considering we were almost bankrupt and all that stood between us falling to Serie C or D was Silvio Berlusconi.

That said, many fans don't comprehend the financial difficulty this club had to bear. Let alone neglecting the reason it went into administration in the first place. But that is all fine and dandy, considering we only knew Milan as a CL giant and the home of legands.

kurtsimonw
I do agree that I'd rather be a very good club with a soul rather than a great one without a soul. But the "family" Milan seems to be passing on a bit and we're not the same club anymore. I'd rather us return to being a contender, then worry about being classy, rather than the other way around.
Rossoneri7
Crespo calls for Milanese patience

Hernan Crespo has defended the Coaches of both Milan clubs following their problematic starts to the season.

Massimiliano Allegri has seen his Rossoneri lose three of their four League games, while Nerazzurri counterpart Andrea Stramaccioni has witnessed his side defeated on two occasions.

“I don’t think they are to blame,” the former striker, who represented both clubs during his illustrious career, told Sport Mediaset.

“The trouble is that the philosophy of the clubs is always to win and that is why the fans of the great teams don’t have patience.

“Now neither team has a great player who can win games by themselves, but they now have important youngsters who are part of a growing squad.

“Inter and Milan are following a project which they seem to strongly believe in and I can’t see that there is anyone who needs to be slaughtered.”

The two San Siro giants have made substantial changes to their squad over the summer in an effort to cut costs.

“It’s strange because the Milan clubs are now thinking like small teams do,” Crespo continued. “Things are changing.

“Inter and Milan are planning for their futures in a different manner. In the past they targeted ready-made champions, big players.

“Now they need a good eye to spot talent and have the patience to let them mature and grow. This is a transitional phase and we must not condemn anyone.

“Juventus did the same thing and look at them now…”
Fillipo Simone
Wise words.
acid911
Crespo, crisp as ever. tongue.gif I don't know, every time I think of him, Istanbul 2005 comes to memory. sad.gif Oh my!
Fillipo Simone
Indeed. That goal in the final. Never gonna forget it. And how we just handed him afterwards to Inter. Argh sad.gif
acid911
Yeah. mellow.gif It's been a while, but there are times when that event feels like just yesterday.
Rossoneri7
Ghirardi believes we are after Donadoni. Regardless of his short-comings as a coach in recent times, he was a Champion as a player with us. He could very well be the one to instill some snse of Milan heritage into this team. But I doubt it, and if anything, Allegri goes out and wins the derby, his position would be safe at least for a little while longer.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 28 2012, 11:58 AM) *
Ghirardi believes we are after Donadoni. Regardless of his short-comings as a coach in recent times, he was a Champion as a player with us. He could very well be the one to instill some snse of Milan heritage into this team. But I doubt it, and if anything, Allegri goes out and wins the derby, his position would be safe at least for a little while longer.

Can't see us winning the derby at this point.

I think if we don't at least win the 2 games before that (Parma and Zenit) then the derby will be the deciding factor for him
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 28 2012, 03:19 PM) *
Can't see us winning the derby at this point.

I think if we don't at least win the 2 games before that (Parma and Zenit) then the derby will be the deciding factor for him

Ever watched Moneyball?
Fillipo Simone
I can. It's not that Inter has a special cohesion. The derby will be pretty much unpredictable.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 28 2012, 10:29 PM) *
Ever watched Moneyball?

I'm pretty sure Galliani has wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 28 2012, 08:29 PM) *
Ever watched Moneyball?

Downloaded it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2012, 08:36 PM) *
I can. It's not that Inter has a special cohesion. The derby will be pretty much unpredictable.

I've seen Inter this season when we weren't playing at the same time, they might not be anything special but I think they're showing some better play then us. At least they can play at a fast tempo at times which is simply beyond us from what I can see so far. Plus they've got players who can turn things around with a bit of magic like Cassano and Sneijder (although Sneijder is a doubt for the game)
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2012, 11:39 PM) *
I'm pretty sure Galliani has wink.gif

Well then, thats that tongue.gif
X-Offender
Front page of La Gazzetta dello Sport of Friday 12 October:

Milan of Arabia
Berlusconi wants to sell 30% of the club's shares for €250 million. In pole position the Sovereign Fund of Qatar with whom there are continuous contacts. The sheiks are interested in the club, the stadium and Mediaset.
kurtsimonw
He values Milan at £800m?
Jack Sparrow
smile.gif Impressive. Why not? But I have a feeling these might be rumours. Let's see.

EDIT: Now I'm almost certain it's BS. The other papers are reporting that it's in fact Russian money coming in. And 30% for 500 MM. Which means the whole thing is complete BS.
Rossoneri7
Not sure if the papers are in their fantasy mode again innocent.gif
Jack Sparrow
More or less. If we were actually winning you would be hearing about how we are gonna be buying big in January or next season. rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 12 2012, 08:36 AM) *
He values Milan at £800m?

Well, Forbes valued Milan at €794 million.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 12 2012, 11:19 AM) *
smile.gif Impressive. Why not? But I have a feeling these might be rumours. Let's see.

EDIT: Now I'm almost certain it's BS. The other papers are reporting that it's in fact Russian money coming in. And 30% for 500 MM. Which means the whole thing is complete BS.

I think the Russian reports are actually bullshit. Gazzetta is the most reliable source when it comes to rumors and stuff. And if they put that in the front page as the main article, then they must know something that we don't.
han2503
Agree with x-off.

It's a known fact that Berlu wants to take some of the burden off his shoulders. If he can bring in investors than it will happen.
Danny
I'm not sure I buy into the 'youth' thing at Juve when they ended up in Serie B.

If you look at their squad that season it was as good as any top 6 Serie A squad. Buffon, Birindelli, Kovac, Tudor, Zanetti, Bojinov, Nedved, Del Piero, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Boumsong, Zalayeta, Zebina, Legrottaglie.

The only young players who made the big breakthrough were Marchisio and Chiellini.

Then when they got back to Serie A signed guys like Matri, Lucio, Pirlo, Vucinic blah blah blah.

This is not a side who ended up with a bare squad and rebuilt from the start - they did lose Cannavaro, Zambrotta, and Thuram, along with Vieira, Ibra and Mutu but they were not left with a bunch of 18 year old kids.

So, as great as I feel Crespo was for us, I feel his comment about Juve is wildly incorrect.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 12 2012, 06:08 PM) *
I'm not sure I buy into the 'youth' thing at Juve when they ended up in Serie B.

If you look at their squad that season it was as good as any top 6 Serie A squad. Buffon, Birindelli, Kovac, Tudor, Zanetti, Bojinov, Nedved, Del Piero, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Boumsong, Zalayeta, Zebina, Legrottaglie.

The only young players who made the big breakthrough were Marchisio and Chiellini.

Then when they got back to Serie A signed guys like Matri, Lucio, Pirlo, Vucinic blah blah blah.

This is not a side who ended up with a bare squad and rebuilt from the start - they did lose Cannavaro, Zambrotta, and Thuram, along with Vieira, Ibra and Mutu but they were not left with a bunch of 18 year old kids.

So, as great as I feel Crespo was for us, I feel his comment about Juve is wildly incorrect.

No youth Danny, restructure.

@han, is it a known fact? unsure.gif
Danny
That is NOT what Crespo said. He talked about youth and transition - not reconstruction.

Let us be exact here.
Rossoneri7
was talking about this guy

Meanwhile, President Agnelli also commented on the economic revolution at the club that has come with the Juventus Stadium.

“For some time Juventus have been adhering to the Financial Fair Play rules and I hope other European clubs will too.

I think Crespo was referring to the Nedved, Thuram, Trezeget, ADP, etc etc of THAT Juve which dismantled and rebuilt for 5 or so years, then won the Scudetto.
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 14 2012, 09:46 PM) *
was talking about this guy

I think Crespo was referring to the Nedved, Thuram, Trezeget, ADP, etc etc of THAT Juve which dismantled and rebuilt for 5 or so years, then won the Scudetto.

Then why did you reply to my post which was completely about Crespo?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 15 2012, 12:00 AM) *
Then why did you reply to my post which was completely about Crespo?

Didn't read till the last part, where you mentioned Crespo. My bad.

But why are you pissed?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 15 2012, 07:59 AM) *
But why are you pissed?

Pissed as in angry or drunk? Nevermind, the answer to both is: He's Scottish.
Jack Sparrow
So is he better or worse than you when you're drunk?

....and is he better or worse than a random Irish dude when he's drunk?

..and where do the Welsh figure in the angry/drunk scheme of things?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 15 2012, 12:49 PM) *

http://youtu.be/WthgnIskeqM
Rossoneri7
Nah I like the Mel Gibbson Scottish; noble, proud and brave. Although not too sure if Danny had a wee more to drink than he could tolerate, when he replied tongue.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 15 2012, 07:59 AM) *
Didn't read till the last part, where you mentioned Crespo. My bad.

But why are you pissed?

I'm not smile.gif I was just confused as to why you were replying to something I hadn't said.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 15 2012, 10:49 AM) *
So is he better or worse than you when you're drunk?

....and is he better or worse than a random Irish dude when he's drunk?

The Welsh are too busy sh*gging cattle to notice fermented vegetable juice.
Jack Bauer
http://twitpic.com/b4bcqk/full

Berlu spent €593m on Milan since 1986. Moratti spent twice as much since 1995.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.