Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 19 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Because the guy was pure class. His vision and passing skills were unmatched. He was phenomenal in 02/03, and just as we started becoming a winning team, Kaká arrived and took his spot.

I was never a huge Costa fan tbh. He lacked pace for a treq, and for me suffered the same flaw as Pirlo; only half of his cute passes actually got there. We really used the guy, especially latterly, as a luxury player rather than one we pinned on the start sheet every match.

But at least he left us with dignity.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 19 2013, 05:33 PM) *
I was never a huge Costa fan tbh. He lacked pace for a treq, and for me suffered the same flaw as Pirlo; only half of his cute passes actually got there. We really used the guy, especially latterly, as a luxury player rather than one we pinned on the start sheet every match.

But at least he left us with dignity.

Really? To me Pirlo doesn't hold a candle to Rui Costa. That's how highly I rate him. I don't remember him the same way you do. His passes, through balls and long balls were always precise, delicate, inventive. I also don't agree that he lacked pace for a trequartista. Sure, he wasn't as fast as Kaká, but he wasn't exactly a slug either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdeQXpIg4qI

wub.gif
Danny
Just because I hate C*nto so much I'll give you this one wink.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 19 2013, 09:43 AM) *
Really? To me Pirlo doesn't hold a candle to Rui Costa. That's how highly I rate him. I don't remember him the same way you do. His passes, through balls and long balls were always precise, delicate, inventive. I also don't agree that he lacked pace for a trequartista. Sure, he wasn't as fast as Kaká, but he wasn't exactly a slug either.

Agree except for his pace. He was slow, but it did not f@cking matter... He was pure class. Much better than Pirlo in terms of technique and dribbling. His passes were amazing to watch. He was not really a treq either. More like an advanced playmaker. He hardly ever lost the ball and helped to keep the possession deep into the oppositions half but also he created a lot. Just an amazing player.

My top 5:

Sheva
Costacurta
Maldini
Nesta
Rui Costa
X-Offender
Allegri's deficiency as a coach has finally been explained:

All this time he had forgotten to wear glasses.

X-Offender
According to Forbes, Milan are the sixth richest club in the world, with a value of $945 million.

Link
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 3 2013, 11:56 AM) *
According to Forbes, Milan are the sixth richest club in the world, with a value of $945 million.

Link

It's actually from a 50 richest sports teams list and in a year we've fallen from 27th to 37th. We're still the 6th most valuable football team, remarkably, but other sporting institutions have overtaken us.

Not surprising, we made millions on Silva and Ibra last year, haven't sold anyone for a mass profit this time.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 3 2013, 05:49 PM) *
It's actually from a 50 richest sports teams list and in a year we've fallen from 27th to 37th. We're still the 6th most valuable football team, remarkably, but other sporting institutions have overtaken us.

Not surprising, we made millions on Silva and Ibra last year, haven't sold anyone for a mass profit this time.

That article actually says it's about the 20 most valuable football teams, but whatever.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 3 2013, 04:49 PM) *

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 3 2013, 05:39 PM) *
That article actually says it's about the 20 most valuable football teams, but whatever.

They're the same thing...
X-Offender
Adriano Galliani - One of Us

Nice video.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 3 2013, 03:39 PM) *

Taken from Forbes wink.gif

Forbes are pretty much the marquee source for financial performance analysis.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 4 2013, 12:52 AM) *
Taken from Forbes wink.gif

Forbes are pretty much the marquee source for financial performance analysis.

I know it's from Forbes, the article itself says so.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 3 2013, 10:14 PM) *
I know it's from Forbes, the article itself says so.

Then what the hell you arguin' about, dawg-breath? tongue.gif
dst
Banter.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 4 2013, 02:11 AM) *
Then what the hell you arguin' about, dawg-breath? tongue.gif

Who's arguing? blink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 19 2013, 01:07 AM) *
He was. And the guy trained with Milan in summer 1994. Didn't you know? Probably the highlight of his playing career.

Oh I did know, I was on another plane at that time. tongue.gif He played for the club, but right now I was talking about what he is to AC Milan at this very moment. Allegeri is the master of destruction, the wrecker of dreams, the destroyer of team spirit. That's the trouble with unproven coaches, players rarely listen to them, unless they command authority.

As Wordsworth (may have) once said, "you gotta read betwix the words". unsure.gif Or was that Tigger?!
Jack Bauer
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Dec 16 2013, 01:14 PM) *

king.gif
KillerMax
Coke zero... lol
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 16 2013, 06:16 PM) *
Coke zero... lol

puke.gif
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 16 2013, 08:25 PM) *
puke.gif

Exactly.

I didn't know they still made them anymore laugh.gif
X-Offender
I buy Coke Zero. biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2013, 06:55 PM) *
I buy Coke Zero. biggrin.gif

Yuk, tastes bad and not even good for you health-wise

Obviously no coke is but the diet ones are the worst due to the artificial sweeteners they use to substitute the sugar
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 16 2013, 09:58 PM) *
Yuk, tastes bad and not even good for you health-wise

Obviously no coke is but the diet ones are the worst due to the artificial sweeteners they use to substitute the sugar

I am 100% aware of that, and that's why I never used to drink it. But lately I started buying it for some reason. Maybe cos I can't tell that much of a difference in taste as I drink Coke only when I'm eating.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2013, 08:41 PM) *
I am 100% aware of that, and that's why I never used to drink it. But lately I started buying it for some reason. Maybe cos I can't tell that much of a difference in taste as I drink Coke only when I'm eating.

For me the taste is COMPLETELY different. Can't stand the diet/sugarless kind, I'd rather not drink soda at all than resort to the diet variety.

Like you I only drink soda during dinner, I won't touch it during any other time of the day so I figure I'd rather take one glass of good tasting soda, it's not like I'm guzzling down a 2L bottle per day.

Besides my favourite soda isn't Coke, it's Kinnie biggrin.gif Totally, 100% Maltese. Best thing out there.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 17 2013, 12:03 AM) *
For me the taste is COMPLETELY different. Can't stand the diet/sugarless kind, I'd rather not drink soda at all than resort to the diet variety.

Same, so awful.
X-Offender
De Jong live hangout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k7ncdMcM8w
X-Offender
Berlusconi: "I will start taking care of Milan personally again. I will make us competitive again in Italy and Europe"

Link

Huh...
X-Offender
New Milan role for Barbara Berlusconi
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 19 2013, 09:27 PM) *
Berlusconi: "I will start taking care of Milan personally again. I will make us competitive again in Italy and Europe"

Link

Huh...

That sounds promising. All lies aside, I still trust the old man.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 19 2013, 09:27 PM) *

He finally bought a console?
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 19 2013, 03:27 PM) *

Link

Huh...

dry.gif I'll believe it when I see it...

Or maybe I misinterpreted, maybe he means... Serie B & Uefa Youth League, as he didn't specify!
X-Offender
So, according to Mediaset, the following will happen:

• Seedorf will be the new Milan coach for next season (100% sure)
  • Maldini will become part of the management
  • Sean Sogliano (currently sportive director of Verona) will take Braida's place

Link

Thoughts?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 20 2013, 05:53 PM) *

• Sean Sogliano (currently sportive director of Verona) will take Braida's place

Link

Thoughts?

So far all the rumours, both transfers and managerial are very promising, but I'm just taking them with a grain of salt as they could easily blow up in our faces as they have been doing for a while now

I'm not so sure about Seedorf, but at this rate I'd take a circus monkey over Allegri
kurtsimonw
Seedorf? WTF.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 20 2013, 10:37 PM) *
I'm not so sure about Seedorf, but at this rate I'd take a circus monkey over Allegri

Exactly.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 20 2013, 10:47 PM) *
Seedorf? WTF.

Hardly news. It's been around for ages.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2013, 01:47 AM) *
Seedorf? WTF.

Indeed. happy.gif But he's not the worse choice we can make, just not a very good one. And besides, enough with these experiments. Seedorf will be experimenting his coaching skills at AC Milan, unproven that he is, and AC Milan will have another experiment with the unknown, at a time when we need stability the most.

Recently there was talk about biting arms off for Hiddink, I'd kill for him.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 20 2013, 07:53 PM) *

Link

Thoughts?

Totally awesome. Milan needs to play youth, and improve its tactics. Seedorf knows both, unlike Allegri.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 21 2013, 02:27 AM) *
Totally awesome. Milan needs to play youth, and improve its tactics. Seedorf knows both, unlike Allegri.

I don't know, SES and MDS are hardly oldies. He also stayed with Niang for a while.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 20 2013, 07:53 PM) *

Link

Thoughts?

Well, I'm not thrilled. Allegri and Galliani made a real mess. To get out of this mess, we certainly need legends like Clarence or Maldini. But we also need someone who knows right away what to do but isn't fazed by the old ways. Someone like Capello or Sacchi (not as coach, but in his latter Madrid role). There's too much inexperience for me here: if Clarence and Maldini were footballing legends, that doesn't mean they're gonna become managerial legends as well.

As to Sogliano; he's popular but still a maverick. His reputation precedes him.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 21 2013, 03:27 AM) *

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2013, 09:10 AM) *
I don't know, SES and MDS are hardly oldies. He also stayed with Niang for a while.

But CHU said Seedorf "knows", which makes all the difference tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
I don't know, Seedorf thought he was good enough to be playing every game in his final year at the club, so I can't say I'm sold on his judgement.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2013, 06:45 AM) *
I don't know, Seedorf thought he was good enough to be playing every game in his final year at the club, so I can't say I'm sold on his judgement.

+1
As well as him being very stubborn, own way, and and unproven manager (if you'd even call him a manager at all).
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2013, 09:10 AM) *

I'd give credit to Allegri only for MDS. SES imposed himself in a dark period last year, whereas Niang has got to do more with the type of play he is rather than his age.
Danny
Despite @Milanello claiming the AVB story is total fiction, right now it looks like a 2 way fight between he and Seedorf for Allegri's job next season.
X-Offender
Galliani yesterday: "The rumours about Seedorf are false, Allegri is staying. Right now we're concentrated on the season at hand"

Yep, Allegri's leaving.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 21 2013, 06:19 PM) *
Galliani yesterday: "The rumours about Seedorf are false, Allegri is staying. Right now we're concentrated on the season at hand"

Yep, Allegri's leaving.

biggrin.gif
han2503
If Allegri stays, I'll choke myself on a pillow!

FFS!

And I know it's Galliani, but as Filippo said in another thread, I wouldn't even be shocked if they gave him another extension, just for sh!ts and giggles rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 21 2013, 08:07 PM) *
If Allegri stays, I'll choke myself on a pillow!

FFS!

And I know it's Galliani, but as Filippo said in another thread, I wouldn't even be shocked if they gave him another extension, just for sh!ts and giggles rolleyes.gif

Come on man, that's typical Galliani for you. Plus the fact that he throws the "we're concentrated on this season" bit in the end clearly shows that he just doesn't want to destabilise the environment. I am 101% confident that Allegri will get sacked at the end of the season. If he doesn't, I'm buying ice cream for everyone.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 21 2013, 06:28 PM) *
Come on man, that's typical Galliani for you. Plus the fact that he throws the "we're concentrated on this season" bit in the end clearly shows that he just doesn't want to destabilise the environment. I am 101% confident that Allegri will get sacked at the end of the season. If he doesn't, I'm buying ice cream for everyone.

I just hope you're right on this, because seriously, I simply cannot take another season of watching this cr@p
Linkman
I thought it was confirmed?

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/fute...-fazer-bem.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.