Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 21 2013, 09:49 PM) *
I just hope you're right on this, because seriously, I simply hate ice cream!

Fixed.

QUOTE (Linkman @ Dec 21 2013, 10:34 PM) *

Wow, no, Kaká hasn't said anything of the sorts. It would have been all over the place otherwise.
Fillipo Simone
I don't read Portuguese, what do they suggest he said?
Linkman
He says he has total confidence in Seedorf's abilities, even if it may be difficult.

Globoesporte aren't the type to fabricate stories...
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 21 2013, 05:28 PM) *
Come on man, that's typical Galliani for you. Plus the fact that he throws the "we're concentrated on this season" bit in the end clearly shows that he just doesn't want to destabilise the environment. I am 101% confident that Allegri will get sacked at the end of the season. If he doesn't, I'm buying ice cream for everyone.

Chocolate for me please smile.gif

Being serious, he won't get fired - it'll be that polite firing I detailed before; 'mutual consent'. Less of a pay off, borderline resignation.

He's not getting outright fired.

Just not happening.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Linkman @ Dec 22 2013, 03:24 AM) *
He says he has total confidence in Seedorf's abilities, even if it may be difficult.

Globoesporte aren't the type to fabricate stories...

OK, so I found the interview in Italian. Apparently it was originally from Gazzetta. He says: "I'm sure Seedorf will do great as coach. I don't know how it could be for him if he starts his coaching career by coaching Milan, but he can certainly do well".

Link

So yeah, no confirmation. He was just asked about Seedorf as possible Milan coach, and that was his response.
Linkman
Ah, that makes sense! Nice job X
Jack Bauer
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 2 2014, 07:12 PM) *

Those figures just show what a bunch of baboons are running this club

For a Club who has the best revenues in Italy, compared to Napoli who don't come anywhere near close to it and we still manage to make losses while they're bringing in profits. Just absolutely baffling.

How the **** can our wage bill still be that high FFS?
Fillipo Simone
I think a big portion of the problem goes with MilanLab. Their incompetence alone is virtually forcing us to have a big roster.
Jack Bauer
kurtsimonw
king.gif
X-Offender
Can't see him surpassing van Basten, but he will eventually take that 8th spot. Grande Ricky! king.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 7 2014, 12:13 PM) *
Can't see him surpassing van Basten, but he will eventually take that 8th spot. Grande Ricky! king.gif

I'd say within the next 2 weeks. Yes, I'm being ludicrously optimistic but why not.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 7 2014, 02:05 PM) *
I'd say within the next 2 weeks. Yes, I'm being ludicrously optimistic but why not.

I'm thinking along the line of next season, I don't think he has 25 goals in him this season, but surely next season, I can see him surpassing Van Basten
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 7 2014, 11:39 AM) *
I'm thinking along the line of next season, I don't think he has 25 goals in him this season, but surely next season, I can see him surpassing Van Basten

I think he was referring to the 8th place spot.
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jan 7 2014, 05:57 PM) *
I think he was referring to the 8th place spot.

Well I think 8th place is a done deal. Totally achievable this season, 2 weeks is a bit optimistic though Danny biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 7 2014, 05:01 PM) *
Well I think 8th place is a done deal. Totally achievable this season, 2 weeks is a bit optimistic though Danny biggrin.gif

Well he got 2 yesterday. Only needs 5. And we've got awful Sassuollo next match. You never know...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 7 2014, 09:51 PM) *
Well he got 2 yesterday. Only needs 5. And we've got awful Sassuollo next match. You never know...

Hmm, good point. Hopefully he'll get there. Totally deserves it
Fillipo Simone
We'll see. It mostly depends on injuries.
X-Offender
Balo being awesome
Jack Bauer
han2503
Maybe we can bring in Cafu back in the old Leo role, he's a widely respected individual, especially in his own country.

We need someone like that again to be influential when bringing in talent from SA. Leo in many cases like with Kaka and Pato was the decisive factor as to why they chose Milan
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 14 2014, 09:21 PM) *
Maybe we can bring in Cafu back in the old Leo role, he's a widely respected individual, especially in his own country.

We need someone like that again to be influential when bringing in talent from SA. Leo in many cases like with Kaka and Pato was the decisive factor as to why they chose Milan

Agreed.

Then bring Dida back as goalkeeping coach, Nesta as a defensive coach. When Silvio finally decides to call it a day, we can bring Rino back as the club sexist.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 14 2014, 10:35 PM) *
Agreed.

Then bring Dida back as goalkeeping coach, Nesta as a defensive coach. When Silvio finally decides to call it a day, we can bring Rino back as the club sexist.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif You're on a roll today Kurt!
X-Offender
How about we all bring them back as footballers instead? laugh.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 14 2014, 05:23 PM) *
How about we all bring them back as footballers instead? laugh.gif

All except Pirlo - Fvck that guy! dry.gif
X-Offender
Capello visited Milanello today.

TriniKing_CE
Nice.
Fillipo Simone
I hope it's more then just a drop-by. Maybe we have a plan that includes him. Would be great, but probably a dream.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 18 2014, 06:07 AM) *
I hope it's more then just a drop-by. Maybe we have a plan that includes him. Would be great, but probably a dream.

His moment has long past. At this point he is a name and a call back to good times. His appearance isn't an accident Berlu called in a favor or Capello wanted a bit of lime light. All of the interactions looked like awkward "made for camera" moments.
Fillipo Simone
Long past? You make it sound like he retired ten years ago. Capello is still a WC coach, and that's something you either got or haven't got. I think his experience and his involvement with Milan in the past make him a suitable person for a higher post at the club, once he decides to retire from coaching.

And certainly Capello doesn't need Milan for limelight. He has all the limelight in Russia and Italy as well.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 18 2014, 02:12 PM) *
Long past? You make it sound like he retired ten years ago. Capello is still a WC coach, and that's something you either got or haven't got. I think his experience and his involvement with Milan in the past make him a suitable person for a higher post at the club, once he decides to retire from coaching.

And certainly Capello doesn't need Milan for limelight. He has all the limelight in Russia and Italy as well.

+100

In addition, he is always welcome at Milanello, as is arrigo, carlo, maldini, etc etc
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 18 2014, 12:59 PM) *
His moment has long past. At this point he is a name and a call back to good times. His appearance isn't an accident Berlu called in a favor or Capello wanted a bit of lime light. All of the interactions looked like awkward "made for camera" moments.

LOL, seriously? Capello is a legend, he doesn't need any limelight. The reason he visited was because of Seedorf. And I didn't perceive the interactions as awkward, not at all.
kurtsimonw
If anything it's the opposite. Is there any job in football where you have more focus put on you than being England manager? It's clear he didn't enjoy that, I don't think he wants to be in the limelight.
X-Offender
So, before 13 March Barbara will submit the plans for the new stadium in the Portello area. If everything goes as planned, we'll have a new home by 2016/2017. Inter, on the other hand, will renovate San Siro.

Link
acid911
unsure.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 10 2014, 02:08 PM) *
unsure.gif

freak.gif
dst
I love the San Siro but I'm tired of this situation. This is for the better. I hope we have our own stadium soon, one way or another.
X-Offender
Supposed capacity, 60k.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 10 2014, 09:14 PM) *
Supposed capacity, 60k.

X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 10 2014, 04:19 PM) *

That's a lot. Juve have only 40k.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 10 2014, 09:21 PM) *

Oh, I agree, but there is something about boasting a capacity touching 100k. wink.gif 85k or 90k is stuff of dreams these days, it already takes an effort to fill half of it on most match days. But as long as it is a well designed stadium, I'd be okay with it, something modern and breathtaking.

Hopefully things improve in terms of performances too, so we can fill up the 60k.
KillerMax
Gotta love Barbara...
Fillipo Simone
Leaving the San Siro to Inter? Well...now we can start calling the turf Meazza for real. Disappointing.
han2503
Well it's either this or continue to be a hundred steps behind every other top club. Because we're never going to get the San Siro for ourselves.

I love the San Siro a lot, and a few years ago I'd have been totally against it. But really, this is something that has become a necessity now

Like acid said, the aura and importance that having an 85k+ stadium brings with it is something that will be missed, especially on those big nights when the stadium comes alive, but what significance does that really hold in all honesty when we struggle to fill half of it 95% of the time
Jack Sparrow
Perhaps we will be wise enough to architect it so that it can be expanded further in the future.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 10 2014, 06:21 PM) *

But keep in mind one thing: Juventus has a Italy-wide fanbase, but the Turin area in particular isn't that much connected with Juventus. I always remembered the Delle Alpi stadium, half-full, even in days when Serie A was the top place for football and Juve were a WC team.

Milan has also much more European reputation. I don't know, it's reasonable I guess, but... dry.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 11 2014, 09:15 AM) *
Perhaps we will be wise enough to architect it so that it can be expanded further in the future.

Man, I'm really so unhappy. Losing San Siro is losing history, that's something you don't throw away that easily. Especially in this manner, leaving it to Inter.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 12 2014, 10:37 AM) *
But keep in mind one thing: Juventus has a Italy-wide fanbase, but the Turin area in particular isn't that much connected with Juventus. I always remembered the Delle Alpi stadium, half-full, even in days when Serie A was the top place for football and Juve were a WC team.

Milan has also much more European reputation. I don't know, it's reasonable I guess, but... dry.gif

Man, I'm really so unhappy. Losing San Siro is losing history, that's something you don't throw away that easily. Especially in this manner, leaving it to Inter.

Wasn't the Delle Alpi hated by Juve fans? I've never been in it but many said that it was a terrible place to watch football in as it was poorly designed.

I'm with you to a certain extent. Leaving a stadium like the San Siro to go into some generic 60k seat stadium would be sad, especially if Inter get to be the only club occupying the San Siro and the club who will benefit from the renovations which are to take place. But the issue is one about ownership, one which will no be resolved any time soon, if ever. So in the end, Inter will most likely have to take that step as well
X-Offender
How do you know it's gonna be a generic stadium? Take Emirates or Allianz Arena. They're anything but generic.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 12 2014, 01:08 PM) *
How do you know it's gonna be a generic stadium? Take Emirates or Allianz Arena. They're anything but generic.

If we are doing this we better do it right. The stadium has to be the crown jewel of a larger development and it has to be something uniquely Milan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.