Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2013, 09:49 AM) *
So much for Silvio "saving" us tonnes of money eh? Crazy that we pay comfortably more than teams like Chelsea who throw money around for fun.

Yeah.

I don't honestly understand why our wages are so high currently. Are taxes on wages in England different than in Italy?

I guess though we do overpay some players that don't really deserve that much wages.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Jun 12 2013, 11:58 AM) *
I don't honestly understand why our wages are so high currently. Are taxes on wages in England different than in Italy?

England is 40%, Italy 43% so that shouldn't be a major issue really.
X-Offender
Europe's top 50 footballers features only TWO Englishmen, new statistics reveal

OMG, look at #43! ohmy.gif laugh.gif And Abbiati, too? DAFUQ?! blink.gif
Jack Bauer
This list is hilarious biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Quite possibly the worst list I've ever seen.
TriniKing_CE
Because we always liked to take note of when our players were 'against' Allegri, I decided I'll try bringing it to our attention from now on every time a player speaks highly of him (...and no this is NOT the first time!).

Pazzini: http://football-italia.net/35303/pazzini-b...lli-and-allegri
TriniKing_CE
smile.gif Video compilation of memorable moments throughout our season 2012/2013:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mhtc0qgWuE&hd=1
kurtsimonw
There's only 1 memorable moment. When it ended.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2013, 06:13 PM) *

+∞
Fillipo Simone
Naah, the Mexes goal was a memorable moment. That's something one can hardly forget.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 29 2013, 01:11 AM) *
Naah, the Mexes goal was a memorable moment. That's something one can hardly forget.

You mean the one against Anderlecht? Cos honestly, I didn't feel anything when he scored against Siena. I mean, sure, a part of me was happy, but I was so frustrated at how crap we were playing in a game that was basically a final for us against a relegated team, not to mention the referee saving our asses. Nah, for me it wasn't a memorable moment.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 29 2013, 04:45 AM) *
You mean the one against Anderlecht?

Oh yeah, I think he definitely means Anderlecht. sleep.gif I couldn't care less about the Siena goal, for all it was worth, I wouldn't have one bit of a problem if we lost that match. Because the better team would then have won. Besides, it's downright idiotic to have you entire season hinge on a single match, it could go either way.

And like I said, I am cool and calm with the way we finished 3rd. I'd be cooler and calmer if we couldn't.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, the one he scored against Anderlecht.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2013, 12:13 PM) *

I'm sorry you feel that way.

While this was no ideal season... in fact it wasn't one any of us would have wished for, I still think there were moments we can celebrate or at the very least be thankful for.

SES got a breakthrough season, he was a glimmer of light in a very dark time.

De Sciglio in a way was also a breakthrough. He has given us some hope for the future in a position that we lacked in so badly since Maldini left.

Balotelli's arrival has given us another top young player to rely on as we look forward to the future. A potential WC striker in my books.

Pazzini has proven to be an ideal rotational striker, coming out ofva deal many of us question and criticized.

Pato's departure while saddening for different reasons, will be a significant milestone of the season as well due to what he represented at the club.

...guys I get it, we're all disappointed with the way the season played out (and finished) and more so now with the way things have been going in the mercato as well, but let's not forget to be thankful for the few things which can actually be celebrated.

My goodness... I'm turning into R7. innocent.gif

FORZA MILAN!! devilsmiley.gif
TriniKing_CE
...Montolivo also proved to be a good acquisition for us; he integrated himself into the team quickly and has become crucial (All this after being on the decline at Fiorentina a couple years prior).

These are all things to the grateful for. smile.gif

That being said - These rumors in the transfer market have been quite FRUSTRATING so far! sleep.gif dry.gif
TriniKing_CE
Saw this on Milan Fan FB page (...supposedly sourced from Gazzetta):

Milan & Inter are trying to buy the Sansiro hippodrome area from SNAI.

SNAI however denied any agreement yesterday, valuing that area more than what both clubs offered.

Next week the negotiations will be back, and the value of that area is expected to be about €40~50m.

Milan wants to turn that area into shops and other projects to bring interest and attraction to Sansiro.

Fillipo Simone
Why not turning it into a parallel stadium?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 8 2013, 01:29 AM) *
Why not turning it into a parallel stadium?

Because it makes no sense? The whole idea here is to increase the appeal of San Siro, transforming it a modern and contemporary stadium. Galliani said that they want to host the CL final in 2016. So what's the point in building a new stadium close to it? Shopping areas and stuff like that make more sense.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 8 2013, 01:35 AM) *
Because it makes no sense? The whole idea here is to increase the appeal of San Siro, transforming it a modern and contemporary stadium. Galliani said that they want to host the CL final in 2016. So what's the point in building a new stadium close to it? Shopping areas and stuff like that make more sense.

Probably, but having our own stadium has even greater appeal. Investing into nearby areas makes us even more tied-up with the place.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 8 2013, 07:06 AM) *
Probably, but having our own stadium has even greater appeal. Investing into nearby areas makes us even more tied-up with the place.

Because of the cash outlay required to build a new stadium. It would take around 60 million or so to modify the area under discussion and make it an interesting place with shopping malls and museums and all that. It would bring in revenue as well. Parallel this with refurbishing the San Siro (~30 million split with Inter) and we are looking at a total outlay of 100 million, which should go a long way to helping us out with revenue.

Please remember that even though we pay rent to the Municipal Corporation, it is not that rent/lease fee that is hurting our income. Our problem is that the San Siro is in such a bad shape, that no one comes in to see the matches.

A stadium in comparison will cost us around 300 to 400 million , and require incurring a lot of debt; plus starting off in a new place that has none of the history of the Siro.

FWIW, I'm all in favour of Thohir buying Inter and them f@cking off to a new place of their own.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 8 2013, 03:36 AM) *

What Jack said, plus developing prime retail and real estate is an assured source of revenue. Let alone, attract more people to go to games as the current grounds has nothing of the sorts as we speak. Hence a better situation if what Trini posted has any credibility at all.

han2503
So why can't Inter and Milan buy the area that the San Siro is in as well?

As long as the city owns the stadium we still wouldn't be earning as much as we should be.

And agreed with jack, I personally wouldn't want a new generic stadium, I'd much prefer to see us renovating the San Siro and making it great again. We would still see and increase of fans to the stadium and we'd get to stay in a historic stadium that is famous in and of itself.

Plus having Inter to split the costs with is a good thing imo
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 8 2013, 03:19 AM) *
FWIW, I'm all in favour of Thohir buying Inter and them f@cking off to a new place of their own.

Wouldn't that mean we'd be stuck paying the reparations on the san siro, while they get full rewards from ticket sales???
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 8 2013, 08:03 PM) *
Wouldn't that mean we'd be stuck paying the reparations on the san siro, while they get full rewards from ticket sales???

Not really. As long as they wish to play in the Siro, they'll need to split costs with us. The San Siro is being refurbished for the 2016 CL. There is no way, they can have a stadium up and ready by then, unless they start building tomorrow morning.
Jack Bauer
X-Offender
Nice.
dst
and... with this Kurt says goodbye to this place and anything Milan forever! biggrin.gif ... unsure.gif

I probably would if this was James. tongue.gif
TriniKing_CE
Foolish American wagonists... he claimed all before that he was a Barca fan.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-...the-barca-stars

rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 20 2013, 04:21 PM) *
Foolish American wagonists... he claimed all before that he was a Barca fan.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-...the-barca-stars

rolleyes.gif

Incorrect. I can recall from long ago that he's always been a Milan fan. And in that article you posted it doesn't say anything about him claiming to be a Barça fan.
Jack Sparrow
SO the Barca thing was a Nike initiative. I think Bryant comes from a military family and he was in Milan during his youth. I'm in fact surprised that it took our management this long to leverage his presence. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
New shirt numbers:

• Abbiati 32, Amelia 1, Gabriel 59.
  • Abate 20, Antonini 77, Bonera 25, Constant 21, Didac Vilà 35, De Sciglio 2, Mexes 5, Vergara 33, Zaccardo 81, Zapata 17.
  • Boateng 10, Cristante 24, De Jong 34, Emanuelson 28, Montolivo 18, Muntari 4, Nocerino 23, Poli 16, Saponara 8, Strasser 14, Traorè 12.
  • Balotelli 45, Beretta 36, El Shaarawy 92, Niang 78, Oduamadi 90, Pazzini 11, Petagna 37, Robinho 7.

What's with Niang and 78? huh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 22 2013, 06:58 PM) *
What's with Niang and 78?

Maybe he was born in 1978. sleep.gif
Jack Bauer
Niang chose #78 because he grew up in Yvelines - and their department number is 78
biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Niang chose #78 because he grew up in Yvelines - and their department number is 78

TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 22 2013, 01:13 PM) *

biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Zed.D
#7, #9 and #10.

Those are any club's most prestigious numbers. for Milan, one is vacant because we can't afford someone good enough to wear it anymore, and the other two are worn by an ex-footballer and a clown respectively.
X-Offender
I'm really annoyed by all these large-*** numbers. 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 45, 59, 77, 78, 81, 90, 92, the hell?!
Jack Bauer
Here's something for dst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6P0TnPkiBE
Jack Bauer
https://twitter.com/Mr_Galliani laugh.gif laugh.gif
acid911
Classic. laugh.gif
KillerMax
"Since it’s inception, We have always finished in the Top 3 of Trofeo TIM..."

Actually sounds like something he would say.. laugh.gif
han2503
That twitter account is just top class laugh.gif
Jack Bauer
my favorite:

"I like to sit in restaurants & stare at the menu for hours..or till they give up and offer me better prices..."

laugh.gif laugh.gif
X-Offender
The Players who returned to training today from their national team duties are like a new signing...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
X-Offender
Napoli are ready to offer €32 million to Porto for Jackson Martinez.

Link

Now that's just nuts. Napoli would have done much better spending all these money on players like Strootman, Eriksen, Ljajic etc. who don't cost that much. They could have rebuilt their team from scratch.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 25 2013, 11:54 AM) *
Napoli are ready to offer €32 million to Porto for Jackson Martinez.

Link

Now that's just nuts. Napoli would have done much better spending all these money on players like Strootman, Eriksen, Ljajic etc. who don't cost that much. They could have rebuilt their team from scratch.

Or focused on their sh!tty defence or their equally sh!tty midfield (if you don't consider Hamsik)
Jack Bauer
Or move this to Serie A thread innocent.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 25 2013, 05:03 PM) *
Or move this to Serie A thread innocent.gif

http://youtu.be/yJYH4lO6Bug?t=4m4s

tongue.gif
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/SP9qh2iLNxs?t=51s devil.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 25 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Or focused on their sh!tty defence or their equally sh!tty midfield (if you don't consider Hamsik)

I find it hilarious how you consider players like Maggio, Inler and Armero "shitty" and think De Jong and Boateng are great. Makes no sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.