Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Suhail 3
Holders
Scudetto: Inter Milan
Coppa Italia: Lazio
Coppa Nazionale: Inter Milan

European Entries
Champions League
Inter Milan
Juventus
Ac Milan
Fiorentina

Europa League
Genoa
Roma
Lazio

Serie A 2009/10 team list
Atalanta
Bari
Bologna
Cagliari
Catania
Chievo
Fiorentina
Genoa
Inter
Juventus
Lazio
Livorno
FORZA MILAN *****************
Napoli
Palermo
Parma
Roma
Sampdoria
Siena
Udinese

Kicks Off : 22nd August biggrin.gif cant wait lets hope for a fascinating title run in this time with the top 3 - inter , juve and milan pulling out all the stops and milan coming out ontop amen lol
arivanjj
Super Cup
Inter 0 - 2 Lazio 80th minute biggrin.gif
Zed.D
FT. Inter 1-2 Lazio biggrin.gif

Forza Lazio, forza Muslera! we should sign this kid next season! he can become the next great GK.

And the irony, since Brocchi has left us, he's won two titles, we have won 0.
Tennie
Fishdoll a belated +1 cookie to Lazio for their win. 96.gif
Warchant
i hope this a sign of things to come this season.

it will be interesting to see inter without ibra. etoo will be good, but i don't think he'll be near as good as ibra was for them.
Ry4n
Heya , not long until the season gets underway i've been looking at all the Serie A teams transfer market this summer and i think Genoa look like they are having the biggest and best transfers , if all goes well for them no major injuries and the team gels in enough time they are going to even stronger then last season heres there transfers this summer :

IN

Sergio Floccari Atalanta

Hernán Crespo Internazionale

Houssine Kharja Siena

Ivan Fatić Internazionale

Magnus Troest Parma

Renzetti Albinoleffe

Acquafresca Cagliari

Nenad Tomovic FK Crvena Zvezda

Bolzoni Internazionale

Domenico Criscito Juventus

Silvano Raggio Pisa

Emiliano Moretti Valencia

Rodrigo Palacio Boca Juniors

Alberto Zapater Zaragoza

Andrea Esposito Lecce

Marco Amelia Palermo

Danilo Russo Pergocrema
TriniKing_CE
Quite impressive for what the average joe would consider a 'small' team.
dst
LAZIOOOOOO!!! happy.gif

QUOTE (Warchant @ Aug 9 2009, 02:22 AM) *
it will be interesting to see inter without ibra. etoo will be good, but i don't think he'll be near as good as ibra was for them.

Me neither. Ibra won most of their games on his own. They also desperately need someone creative.
Ry4n
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 9 2009, 06:24 PM) *
Quite impressive for what the average joe would consider a 'small' team.

yeah from there teamsheet they could easily get Europa League next season
Tennie
Fishdoll hsm. The gobbi have sold Cristiano Zanetti to Fiorentina. This is the second player they've sold to the Viola (the first being Marchionni). A bit surprised to see Zanetti go; he's rather good and has been playing all the preseason games.
nuh
are we the first team playing in italy ?
Habitant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 10 2009, 03:28 PM) *
Fishdoll hsm. The gobbi have sold Cristiano Zanetti to Fiorentina. This is the second player they've sold to the Viola (the first being Marchionni). A bit surprised to see Zanetti go; he's rather good and has been playing all the preseason games.

ei poulsen's last chance to shine
Tennie
Hrm.

So, even though it looks like Albanian businessman Rezart Taci may not have the $$$ everyone thought he did (which is why he pulled out of the bologna deal, so La Stampa says), there may well be a foreign owner of a Serie A squad.

Timothy Barton, CEO of Texas-based jmj holdings, is the guy behind the offer to buy AS Bari. Looks like that one may well go through. JMJ is a big real estate holding company with good financial strength. The Bari fans I know are thrilled as they really dislike the club's current owners.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 10 2009, 01:55 PM) *
Hrm.

So, even though it looks like Albanian businessman Rezart Taci may not have the $$$ everyone thought he did (which is why he pulled out of the bologna deal, so La Stampa says), there may well be a foreign owner of a Serie A squad.

Timothy Barton, CEO of Texas-based jmj holdings, is the guy behind the offer to buy AS Bari. Looks like that one may well go through. JMJ is a big real estate holding company with good financial strength. The Bari fans I know are thrilled as they really dislike the club's current owners.

your a bari fan I presume? If so how do you feel about it?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 11 2009, 08:55 AM) *
your a bari fan I presume?

I reckon she's a Milan fan..
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2009, 01:58 AM) *
I reckon she's a Milan fan..

shes a bari fan too, i'm pretty sure.
Bluesummers
Inter Or Juventus Can Win Serie A, But Watch Out For Roma - Brazil Coach Dunga

Former midfield general and current Brazil coach Carlos Dunga has opined on Serie A, noting that Inter and Juventus are the main title contenders, but tipping Roma as a dark horse. However, he is worried about Milan, now led by his friend Leonardo.

"The departure of Kaka is a bitter pill to swallow, and the departure of [coach Carlo] Ancelotti has also created problems," Dunga told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Leonardo is a friend, but the problems are now beginning for him. When you are a spectator, everything is easy. When you begin to play, you find yourself judged every day. Leonardo does not have an easy task.”

Dunga declared, in reference to the Old Lady, "This Brazilian Juventus is ready to win the Scudetto. The club have done well in the transfer market: none of their key players have left and they have bought some important players, Felipe Melo for example.

"But from the start, [Inter] are the strongest Italian side. Eto'o has always scored a lot, not only in [the Primera Division] but also in the Champions League. Inter have also bought a first class defender [in the form of Lucio].

"Lucio will transmit his will to win through the whole team. [Coach Jose] Mourinho has chosen well and will be enamoured with him.

"I have a soft spot for Roma, they play a modern style of football. If their key players can avoid injury, they will pose a real threat to the rest of the league."

Dunga spent a number of years in Italy during his playing career, most notably with Fiorentina from 1988-1992.

shut the f*ck up dunga. First qualify for world cup yourself then talk.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 11 2009, 09:27 AM) *
shes a bari fan too, i'm pretty sure.

You can't support 2 teams in the same league!
Tennie
Well, Bari was my Serie B team for years and I have a fondness for them. Would love to see them at least stay up this year. The current owner of Bari is...well, not very popular. The fans IN Bari refer to him as (polite version of translation) 'Piggy'. I think jmj wants to buy the club and also buy land around the stadium to put up hotels/shops/luxury stuff. And that's where they'll make their money. It might turn out to be a good thing.
Suhail 3
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2009, 09:50 AM) *
You can't support 2 teams in the same league!

sure you can _ your local team if they are in the league and a big 4 team

- im just a milan fan so no 2 teams ll wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Aug 11 2009, 04:43 PM) *
sure you can _ your local team if they are in the league and a big 4 team

I don't really have much respect for anyone that supports a big 4 team (that lives outside of Liverpool, Manchester and north/west London), but supporting a big 4 team AND a local team. You should be shot on sight.
Tennie
Do I have to hide from you then, Kurt?smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 11 2009, 05:02 PM) *
Do I have to hide from you then, Kurt?smile.gif

laugh.gif

Nah.
han2503
Top 10 Things To Expect In Italy This Season

With a new campaign now nearly upon us, Carlo Garganese takes a light-hearted look at 10 things that are certain to take place in Italy in the 2009/10 season…

10) Antonio Cassano misses the World Cup, Simone Pepe goes

Marcello Lippi continues his stubborn refusal to select Antonio Cassano, meaning that the Sampdoria star is left at home for the World Cup. Lippi persists with his tragic 4-3-3 system and instead takes Udinese winger Simone Pepe, Fiorentina forward Alberto Gilardino and Bayern Munich oldie Luca Toni to South Africa.

9) Aurelio De Laurentiis insults every person in the whole world

Not content with bashing Fabio Cannavaro and Ezequiel Lavezzi, as well as erupting like Vesuvius that “the English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their genitalia”, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis actually succeeds in insulting every person in the whole world. How does he manage this? He says that “anyone who believes Roberto Donadoni to be a bad coach is an idiot”.

8) Adrian Mutu doesn’t pay his Chelsea fine

After being ordered to cough up €17 million compensation by the Court of Arbitration for Sport after being sacked for testing positive for cocaine during his Chelsea days, Fiorentina star Mutu has no intention of paying the money back. The Romanian takes the case to the European Court of Human Rights, and surprise, surprise – he wins.

7) Roma fans invade training

Come on, it happens every season whether Roma are doing well or badly. The Giallorossi are in Scudetto contention but defeat in the Derby della Capitale against Lazio sees all hell break loose. Alexander Doni’s car has a brick put through its windscreen, Luciano Spalletti is chased around the Colosseum being pelted with tomatoes and eggs, while a group of 500 fans invade Trigoria. The chaos only comes to an end when a Beast emerges from the trees and scares away all the hooligans.

6) Samuel Eto’o the best player in the world, says Jose Mourinho

One of Jose Mourinho’s favourite psychological tricks. At Chelsea, Petr Cech was the best goalkeeper in the world, John Terry the best defender, Frank Lampard the best midfielder and Didier Drogba best striker. Last season at Inter, 'The Special One' described Zlatan Ibrahimovic as the world’s No.1 player – how long before Eto’o replaces him? Cone man Giuseppe Baresi (Steve Clarke) is apparently the globe’s greatest assistant too.

5) Ronaldinho stars in Saturday Night Fever III

With John Travolta unavailable, director Sylvester Stallone calls on the services of another overweight has-been for the starring role. The plot involves the buck-toothed Brazilian combining stressful days at AC Milan with a party-animal nightlife. Ronnie never gets to bed any earlier than 6am and there is also a cameo performance from Silvio Berlusconi, who in one scene steals the Brazilian’s 18-year-old girlfriend, only for Arsene Wenger to save the day by promising the youngster a contract at Arsenal and guaranteed regular action.

4) Maurizio Zamparini & Walter Zenga have a fight

Mix together the craziest president in Italy with the craziest coach, and there is guaranteed to be a nuclear explosion. The pair declare their love for one another during the opening weeks of the season as Palermo top the table before Zamparini launches a withering public attack on Zenga after the Sicilians only manage a 1-1 draw away at Juventus. The duo are then involved in a fist-fight live on Italian TV, Zenga walks out of the club, Zamparini brings back Francesco Guidolin, sacks him, brings back Zenga again and declares the two are best friends once more, before ditching the Italia ’90 keeper for a second time. Guidolin returns for the final six weeks of the season.

3) Juventus’ full-backs cost them major honours

The Bianconeri are in contention to win both the Scudetto and Champions League, but their disastrous full-backs cost them both trophies. In a key title showdown with Inter, Jonathan Zebina is sent off for headbutting Massimo Moratti before punching a cameraman. While in the Champions League final against Barcelona, Juventus lead 1-0 with five minutes to go before Cristian Molinaro and Zdenek Grygera both score spectacular own goals from 30-yards out.

2) Milan just avoid relegation

After a miserable transfer summer, Milan still head into the season with the ridiculous hope of winning the Scudetto. Despite triumphing in the Derby in week 2, Milan lose to Siena, Livorno, Bologna, Udinese, Bari and Atalanta in the first couple of months and by Christmas find themselves rock bottom of Serie A. The Rossoneri remain in the relegation zone all season until an own goal by Juventus’ Molinaro in the final minute of the final day saves them.

1) Inter flop in the Champions League

The Nerazzurri win the Scudetto by default, but when they are really tested in Europe they fail miserably once again. Jose Mourinho’s men scrape through a group containing Sporting, Dynamo Kiev and Debrecen on goal difference before being dumped out in the second round by Barcelona, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic scoring the winner with the first Champions League knockout goal of his career.

Carlo Garganese, Goal.com
Suhail 3
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2009, 04:58 PM) *
I don't really have much respect for anyone that supports a big 4 team (that lives outside of Liverpool, Manchester and north/west London), but supporting a big 4 team AND a local team. You should be shot on sight.

does greater manchester count lol practically the whole of oldham supports either utd or city
MizNelson
QUOTE (Football Italia (not Ch. 4 anymore))
Adriano: 'I'm a new man'
Wednesday 12 August, 2009
Ex-Inter striker Adriano insists he has calmed his partying ways and is ready for a return to Europe, including Italian clubs.
“I went through a period of deep depression and it was very difficult to keep the Press out of my private life,” he told Globoesporte.

“I was often unjustly attacked with a sea of lies, which is why I now try to speak as little as possible about my private life.

“Leaving Italy and returning to my family was like taking an oppressive weight off my shoulders. Now, thanks to my mother, everything is better.”

L’Imperatore walked out on Inter mid-season when he refused to return from international duty, threatening to quit football altogether.

He rescinded his contract by mutual consent and joined Flamengo, where he has found a new lease of life and is leading the scorers’ charts with 10 goals.

“I do not have a girlfriend and am relaxed,” said the man often criticised for his hard partying.

“It may seem incredible, but I hardly go out at night now. I even stay home on the holidays and Sundays, when everyone goes out to have fun.

“The objective is to carry on like this with Flamengo, but only God knows what my future holds.

“I know that some clubs, including Italians, have shown an interest in me. If one day I do return to Europe, it will be with a very different mentality.”

Whatever. How many times have we seen this movie already?
Bluesummers
oh why the pessimism?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2009, 06:53 PM) *
Top 10 Things To Expect In Italy This Season

Some of that was very good. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Aug 12 2009, 01:50 AM) *
does greater manchester count lol practically the whole of oldham supports either utd or city

As long as they don't support Oldham as well as United/City.
Zed.D
“the English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their genitalia

Is there some kind of meaning to it that I might not know or is it just as insulting as I think it is?

Luciano Spalletti is chased around the Colosseum being pelted with tomatoes and eggs

laugh.gif Imagine that!

After a miserable transfer summer, Milan still head into the season with the ridiculous hope of winning the Scudetto. Despite triumphing in the Derby in week 2, Milan lose to Siena, Livorno, Bologna, Udinese, Bari and Atalanta in the first couple of months and by Christmas find themselves rock bottom of Serie A. The Rossoneri remain in the relegation zone all season until an own goal by Juventus’ Molinaro in the final minute of the final day saves them.

ROLF!! I never thought this guy could be so funny. laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 12 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Is there some kind of meaning to it that I might not know or is it just as insulting as I think it is?

I think it's just an insult to be honest, that's wide of the mark.
Tennie
Fishdoll agrees with Kurt. It's just...really insulting.
Tennie
For zeddie:

Zed.D
dst
WTF? huh.gif
Zed.D
NO NO NO... I'm not what you're thinking I am (and have referred to yourself as one countless times!). I just think he is a good-looking guy, THAT'S IT!
Tennie
Rosetti IS pretty hot for a ref. smile.gif

Anyway, programming note for those in North America (or who can get streams from there). The early rounds of the Coppa Italia are going on right now (Parma LOST. Fishdoll is quite sad). GolTV will be broadcasting the Napoli-Salernitana game live on Sunday at 2:30 eastern time. On the face of it, Napoli (comfortably in Serie A) should steamroll Salernitana (who barely avoided relegation to Serie C last year), but...it's a derby match. So anything could happen. Should be worth watching.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Football Italia)
Gasperini confidence grows

Saturday 15 August, 2009

Gian Piero Gasperini is confident his Genoa side can make waves in Serie A and Europe after a friendly win over Villarreal.

The Spaniards had beaten Juventus 4-1 last week, but fell 2-1 to the Marassi outfit in another friendly test on Thursday.

“I am satisfied with the way we played against a top level side, especially in the character and confidence we showed, seeking the victory from start to finish,” said Coach Gasperini.

“The result will boost out self-belief and lets everyone understand we are on the right track.”

The Grifone dive into the Europa League later this month in a play-off with Odense.

Many feared Genoa would struggle after selling Thiago Motta, Diego Milito, Matteo Ferrari and Rubinho, but they have reinforced in equal measure.

“[Rodrigo] Palacio is sending out important signals, he is working hard and did well in defending as well as attacking. He is a key player.

“[Alberto] Zapater is also doing very well. He has quality and players of that calibre do not need long to settle in to a new team or system. He knows football and you can see he is accustomed to high pressure situations.”

Gasperini also confirmed that ex-Valencia man Emiliano Moretti will be used as centre-back, leaving Salvatore Bocchetti on the left.

“You have seen what [Hernan] Crespo can do, while [Giuseppe] Sculli alternates between incredible pieces of skill and silly mistakes, but that’s just what he’s like and he is crucial for us.

“I’d say that, despite injuries, we are in good shape.”

link

Well done, Genoa. impressive result! I bet we would've lost to the same Villarreal if we'd played them!
kurtsimonw
I hope their fans don't get their hopes up over good friendly results. I know I did.
Zed.D
^^ Does that also mean we shouldn't lose all of our hopes over bad friendly results?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 15 2009, 08:33 PM) *
^^ Does that also mean we shouldn't lose all of our hopes over bad friendly results?

Exactly.
dst
I wish Gasperini was coaching Milan... sleep.gif
Tennie
According to mediaset, calciomercato, eurosport, etc etc, Esteban Cambiasso tore the meniscus in his right knee during one of the minigames in Pescara. He's going to have surgery and will be out for a couple of months.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 14 2009, 07:00 AM) *
For zeddie:

Who is that in the middle, Barry Manilow?

Anyway, this was on Football Italia:

'Fan passport' law passed
A new law means that from January all travelling fans must have a special ‘passport’ to be allowed into the stadium.

I just hope we're not going to read somewhere down the line that away fans are forging these things.
nuh
Serie A: Season 2009-10 Preview
One thing Calcio fans can expect this year is a more competitive title race in Serie A. Juventus and Milan are desperate for success on the homefront following Inter's four championships on the trot.

The 'Big 3' remain the title contenders, but the likes of Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio, Napoli, and Palermo will provide some fireworks and the relegation race looks as close as ever. Meanwhile, the sparsely represented southern part of the country gains another team in promoted side Bari.

Stars like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Kaka have left for Spain, but newcomers Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Samuel Eto'o, Lucio, and Diego could very will fill the void. Of course, some younger stars may come into their own as well, Sebastian Giovinco, Javier Pastore, Davide Santon and a few more could well become prominent Calcio members. Below you will find a preview of all Serie A sides - outlining stars, objectives, and more!

Italian Transfer Table

Atalanta
Coach: Angelo Gregucci
Star player: Cristiano Doni
Youngster to watch: Andrea Consigli
Top signing: Robert Acquafresca
Objective: Mid-table

After two successful seasons under coach Luigi Del Neri, Atalanta will be hoping for repeat success with Angelo Gregucci and another top ten finish. The Bergamo-based side have cemented themselves as an outfit for mid-table and have basically kept the same side as last season, with Roberto Acquafresca coming in for Sergio Floccari as the lone attacker. Their expectation is to comfortably avoid the relegation race.

Bari
Coach: Giampiero Ventura
Star player: Barreto
Youngster to watch: Andrea Rannocchia
Top signing: Edgar Alvarez
Objective: Survival

After losing rising coach Antonio Conte and failing to make any significant signings, Bari are the ideal candidate for the drop this season of the three promoted clubs. The man in the hot-seat now is the experienced Giampiero Ventura, who will have plenty of work to do to keep the Galletti afloat after an an eight-year absence from the first division. A lot of the responsibility will fall on the shoulders of Brazilian striker Barreto, who notched 23 goals last season.

Bologna
Coach: Giuseppe Papadopulo
Star player: Marco Di Vaio
Youngster to watch: Emiliano Viviano
Top signing: Andrea Raggi

The arrival of coach Giuseppe Papadopulo late in the season helped Bologna barely avoid the drop to Serie B in 2008-09. Certainly, that will be their goal again. The arrivals of defender Andrea Raggi and midfielder Roberto Guana will add some depth to the Rossoblu squad, but overall another year in the relegation dogfight would look their most likely predicament in 2009-10.

Cagliari
Coach: Massimiliano Allegri
Star player: Federico Marchetti
Youngster to watch: Lino Marzoratti
Top signing: Simone Barone
Objective: Lower mid-table

Coach Massimiliano Allegri worked a near miracle last season with Cagliari, earning them 53 points and a very impressive ninth place finish after a torrid start to the campaign. Signing Simone Barone will add some grit to the midfield, but a question that needs answering is whether they can cope with the sale of Robert Acquafresca, who was their top scorer the past two seasons.

Catania
Coach: Gianluca Atzori
Star player: Giuseppe Mascara
Youngster to watch: Takayuki Morimoto
Top signing: Gennaro Delvecchio

Catania were resigned to the loss of coach Walter Zenga to Sicilian derby rivals Palermo, but have kept their squad intact from last season while adding midfielder Gennaro Delvecchio from Sampdoria, who is capable of getting forward. Striker Michele Paolucci is also gone, but Giuseppe Mascara and Takayuki Morimoto have both shown their capabilities up front. They got off to a flyer last season and were never in real danger of going to Serie B and a similar result is now the expectation for the the Elephants after three successive years in the top flight.

Chievo
Coach: Domencio Di Carlo
Star player: Sergio Pellissier
Youngster to watch: Simone Grippo
Top signing: Luca Ariatti

The Flying Donkeys managed to pull themselves together after a disappointing start to last season to remain in Serie A. The consensus is they will be involved near the bottom of the standings once more, but the experience of players like long-time servant Sergio Pellissier, defender Mario Yepes, and midfielder Luciano give the Verona-based outfit a solid base to work with. Only time will tell if tactician Domenico Di Carlo can keep their head above water this season.

Fiorentina
Coach: Cesare Prandelli
Star player: Adrian Mutu
Youngster to watch: Stevan Jovetic
Top signing: Cristiano Zanetti
Objective: Champions League Qualification

When Cesare Prandelli arrived at Fiorentina in 2005, he had a seven year plan towards the Scudetto, four years in, there is marked improvement and they are competing in the Champions League, but a substandard transfer campaign this off-season has threatened to throw that off course. Nonetheless, the Viola will have their eyes on another top four finish and will once again be counting on the goals of Alberto Gilardino and Adrian Mutu to propel them there.

Genoa
Coach: Gian Piero Gasperini
Star player: Sergio Floccari
Youngster to watch: Domenico Criscito
Top signing: Marco Amelia
Objective: Europa League Qualification

Like last summer, there were plenty of changes at Genoa and the Grifoni supporters will be hoping all the new signings pan out once more. One of the ‘fairy tales’ of last year, a repeat is in order. The losses of Diego Milito, Thiago Motta, Matteo Ferrari, and Rubinho were substituted with Hernan Crespo, Sergio Floccari, Marco Amelia, Houssine Kharja, Alberto Zapater, and Emiliano Moretti. For the Grifoni, everything depends on whether these names gel or not.

Inter
Coach: Jose Mourinho
Star player: Samuel Eto’o
Youngster to watch: Davide Santon
Top signing: Diego Milito
Objective: Scudetto

Inter may have lost star player Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but the acquisitions of Samuel Eto’o, Diego Milito, Lucio, and Thiago Motta have eased the transition. After four Scudetti on the trot Inter will be keen to show that their period of domestic success is far from over, even if their ultimate goal is Champions League glory. Jose Mourinho continues to mould the side, but it remains to be seen if ‘The Special One’ will make his mark with the the new Nerazzurri players quickly.

Sam's The Man | Eto'o is the new star at Inter

Juventus
Coach: Ciro Ferrara
Star player: Gianluigi Buffon
Youngster to watch: Sebastian Giovinco
Top signing: Diego

For the first time since Calciopoli, the Bianconeri have a realistic shot at the Scudetto after an ambitious transfer campaign. The arrivals of Diego, Fabio Cannavaro, and Felipe Melo will solidify the side and add to the influence of stars like Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluigi Buffon. Ciro Ferrara’s first full season in charge will be a trying one, but in the end all that will matter to the fans is if the Turin side manage to finally win another championship and halt Inter’s domestic dominance.

Lazio
Coach: Davide Ballardini
Star player: Mauro Zarate
Youngster to watch: Mobido Diakite
Top signing: Julio Cruz

The capital club have already started the season off on the right foot by winning the Supercoppa Italiana over Inter in Beijing and certainly have the capability of being a thorn in anyone’s side. More consistent performances in the league will be their goal, with a finish in the top six not out of the question. New coach Davide Ballardini has a solid squad, even if depth could be a problem. Mauro Zarate remains the explosive threat upfront.

Good Start | Rocchi's lob decided the Supercup

Livorno
Coach: Vittorio Russo
Star player: Alessandro Diamanti
Youngster to watch: Antonio Candreva
Top signing: Cristiano Lucarelli

The second of the promoted sides, Livorno will be hopeful of staying in Serie A after just one year in the second division. The biggest boost is the return of forward Cristiano Lucarelli, a hero at the club, who scored plenty of goals from 2003-2007 in Amaranto colours. Watch out for Alessandro Diamanti, one of the top strikers in Serie B last season, as well as Antonio Candreva, who took part in the Under-21 European Championships this past summer.

Milan
Coach: Leonardo
Star player: Ronaldinho
Youngster to watch: Alexandre Pato
Top signing: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

You can say it’s the beginning of a new era for Milan. Kaka is gone to Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti is now coaching Chelsea, Paolo Maldini has retired and success has been hard to come by the past couple of seasons. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will try and be the goal-scorer the club have been yearning for, while the return of Alessandro Nesta will hopefully solve some of the defensive frailties. Ronaldinho’s aim is to fill the void left by his compatriot. New boss Leonardo has admitted his inaugural coaching job is a huge challenge, but a first place finish is what everyone at the Rossoneri is counting on.

Napoli
Coach: Roberto Donadoni
Star player: Ezequiel Lavezzi
Youngster to watch: Luca Cigarini
Top signing: Fabio Quagliarella

Impressively, Napoli managed to strengthen their squad while also holding onto crown jewels Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Lavezzi. Italian trio Fabio Quagliarella, Luca Cigarini, and Morgan De Sanctis have arrived along with the impressive Juan Zuniga to bolster their ranks all over the pitch. Failure will not be tolerated from the demanding president after his significant investments or by the die-hard fans.

Palermo
Coach: Walter Zenga
Star player: Fabrizio Miccoli
Youngster to watch: Javier Pastore
Top signing: Dorin Goian

It’s never a dull moment with Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini – who engineered the shock appointment of coach Walter Zenga from Sicilian rivals Catania. ‘Zampa’ always demands quick results, the addition of Romanian international Dorin Goian will add character to the defence, while young signing Javier Pastore is known to produce some magic on the field and should be a crowd pleaser.

Parma
Coach: Francesco Guidolin
Star player: Valeri Bojinov
Youngster to watch: McDonald Mariga
Top signing: Christian Panucci

Francesco Guildolin finally re-established himself after his on-again-off-again love affair with Palermo by helping the Gialloblu to promotion into Serie A. At Parma, he has a wealth of young talent at his disposal like Alberto Paloschi, Davide Lanzafame, McDonald Mariga, and Jonathan Bianbiany among others. The performance of two off-season additions will be crucial – former Fiorentina and Manchester City striker Valeri Bojinov will be counted on for goals, while the experience of journey-man Christian Panucci will be needed at the back. Survival is the name of the game at this club.

Roma
Coach: Luciano Spalletti
Star player: Francesco Totti
Youngster to watch: Marco Motta
Top signing: Stefano Guberti
Objective: Champions League Qualification

Make no mistake – Roma have something to prove. Many feel after last season’s disappointing sixth place finish, the Giallorossi are no longer contenders. However, 'Er Pupone' and co. always have a few tricks up their sleeve. An underwhelming summer (due to financial difficulties) saw Alberto Aquilani leave and Stefano Guberti join, while promising right-back Marco Motta’s stay was secured. Entrance back into the Champions League would probably satisfy both club management and fans alike

Sampdoria
Coach: Luigi Del Neri
Star player: Antonio Cassano
Youngster to watch: Vincenzo Fiorillo
Top signing: Daniele Mannini
Objective: Mid-table

The man who makes Sampdoria tick is Antonio Cassano – one of the stars of the last two seasons in Italy, who will be even more fired up, in order to prove himself ahead of the 2010 World Cup. Within a whisker of winning last year’s Coppa Italia, Luigi Del Neri will hope to bring the club to the next level, but a mid-table finish would seem to be on the cards once more, despite some impressive players like Angelo Palombo, Daniele Dessena, and Giampaolo Pazzini.

Siena
Coach: Marco Giampolo
Star player: Massimo Maccarrone
Youngster to watch: Albin Ekdal
Top signing: Reginaldo

Siena first arrived in Serie A in 2003 and although often tipped to be relegated, have always found a way to avoid the drop, last year very convincingly. Few changes have been made to Marco Giampaolo’s squad and if there is no change in how they performed last season the fans will be pleased to avoid the drop once more. Nonetheless, being involved in the relegation battle is a strong possibility.

Udinese
Coach: Pasquale Marino
Star player: Antonio Di Natale
Youngster to watch: Alexis Sanchez
Top signing: Bernardo Corradi
Objective: Upper Mid-Table

President Giampaolo Pozzo’s high price-tags ensured he kept hold of impressive midfield trio Gateano D’Agostino, Gokhan Inler, and Kwadwo Asamoah, who were all critical to the side’s seventh place finish in 2008-09. Italian international Fabio Quagliarella left for Napoli and the Zebrette have filled the target-man void with veteran striker Bernardo Corradi. Continental football is the dream, but the reality could be another finish just outside that European zone.

goal.com
Tennie
The Donkey Brigade better watch out.

(from asbari.it, bari's official website. original in english)
18 agosto 2009 16:37 - JMJ Holdings announces intent to purchase AS Bari football team
(August 18, 2009-- Bari, Italy) Texas-based JMJ Holdings announced today the intent to purchase the AS Bari football club from the Matarrese family. JMJ president and CEO Tim Barton has signed an exclusive agreement to buy the team pending due diligence over the next 30 days. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, however Vincenzo Matarrese will remain president of AS Bari until the transaction is complete. At that time, Mr. Barton will become president of the franchise.

“This is a fantastic opportunity,” said Barton. “The Bari fans are passionate about their team and with new management we hope to grow this franchise into one of the most successful and competitive in Europe. We have been working very closely with the family to ensure a smooth transition and both parties are supportive of a positive outcome for the team.”

Mr. Barton said he first heard the team was for sale when he was in southern Italy on a business trip to develop environmentally friendly energy investments a few months ago. Alessio Mora, the Director of JMJ’s European operations, introduced Mr. Barton to the family and has acted as an intermediary for the deal.

“For all who have sent congratulations and warm greetings, we thank you,” said Barton. “We have received thousands of emails and the warmest welcome from the fans and the city. We hope the next 30 days will just be a formality and that we can close this transaction by the end of September and begin a new tradition for AS Bari.”

The CRA has gone cowboy. biggrin.gif

This is, I think, the first Serie A club to have a foreign owner. According to stuff in the Italian press (mediaset, gazzetta, etc) JMJ wants to buy the stadium too as well as the area around it in order to build a sports/entertainment complex.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 16 2009, 07:37 AM) *
According to mediaset, calciomercato, eurosport, etc etc, Esteban Cambiasso tore the meniscus in his right knee during one of the minigames in Pescara. He's going to have surgery and will be out for a couple of months.

Milan players reaction to the news regarding Cambiasso
laugh.gif
nuh
football italia are predicting us 5th dry.gif
Danny
QUOTE (nuh @ Aug 19 2009, 12:20 PM) *
football italia are predicting us 5th dry.gif

Understandable.

I think Roma, Fio, Juve and Inter are all ahead of us right now - our target has to be 4th. If we can manage it it's a damage limitation exercise.
dst
How are Roma and Fiorentina ahead of us? At the very least we're at the same level...
nuh
how are roma better then us they barely finished 6th and they lost their 3rd best player this summer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.