Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
CrazyMilanFan
catnai leading again
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 20 2009, 04:46 PM) *
Yep, Locke. Brazzo is Salihamidzic's nickname.smile.gif

... for whatever possible reason? laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 20 2009, 03:46 PM) *
Yep, Locke. Brazzo is Salihamidzic's nickname.smile.gif

And the donkeys seem to be losing at Napoli.

Roma 2-0 Parma. They're now equal on points.

EDIT: And goodness gracious. Goal Izco in added time. Cannavaro does his Ikea chair impression again. gobbi 1-2 Catania.

juve game is 5 mins behind the rest
Tennie
And Livorno 3-1 Samp
CrazyMilanFan
6 mins added time from now in juve game
Tennie
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 20 2009, 10:49 AM) *
... for whatever possible reason? laugh.gif

Brazzo is Bosnian for 'brother' and he's used that nickname since he went to Germany as a kid (cos, let's face it, Salihamidzic is a bit of a mouthful).
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 20 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Brazzo is Bosnian for 'brother' and he's used that nickname since he went to Germany as a kid (cos, let's face it, Salihamidzic is a bit of a mouthful).

How about 'Sali' ?
CrazyMilanFan
juve lose again
Locke Lamora
It would be kinda cool to have a Serie A campaign where the other top teams aren't fighting nail and tooth to thrown the title at Inter.
han2503
Inter will be playing the evening match right?
Jack Bauer
Yes.

Ferrara can start packing.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 20 2009, 11:03 AM) *
It would be kinda cool to have a Serie A campaign where the other top teams aren't fighting nail and tooth to thrown the title at Inter.

i don't know what it is about inter, they always get the calls when they need it, milito's dive in the area 2-3 weeks ago was absolutely sickening. i hate how morratti spends as much on refs as he does on players
kurtsimonw
**** happens, we've had calls go our way in the past.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2009, 12:32 PM) *
**** happens, we've had calls go our way in the past.

still though, inter hadn't had a penalty called against them in like a year (give or take) that's discusting
dst
They've been pathetic on the field but when this also happens... you know something's not working!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 26 2009, 01:50 PM) *
They've been pathetic on the field but when this also happens... you know something's not working!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

ohmy.gif Poltergeist!!!
Tennie
Just in case nobody's noticed or heard: the cugini have sent David Suazo to Genoa on a loan-with-option-to-buy deal. It'll be formalized when the market opens, but they've given permission for Suazo to start training with Genoa. (per eurosport italia)
Tennie
There's been a fun little war of words going on between players in Italy. (all quotes/stories taken from the Eurosport Italia versions. the stories appear also in Mediaset and Gazzetta)

Yesterday, Lazio's Zarate gave an interview in which he described Roma's Francesco Totti as someone who 'talks a lot but who has forgotten he's finished as a player'.

Today, Totti sent '240 greetings to the great champion Zarate, and I hope that in 2010, I'm able to score some goals and assists to get close to his scoring and playmaking records. But I have to do it in a hurry because I'm almost finished as a player'.

(nb, Totti has scored 240 goals for Roma).
Jack Sparrow
Score 1 to Totti.
Tennie
So, the gobbi played a friendly with Jeddah's Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia today. FT: 2-2. The gobbi squad was missing some names but Del Piero, Trezeguet, Cannavaro, Amauri, etc did play.

The text commentary on Mediaset was priceless. Here's their one play-by-play comment on minutes 70-90:

Dopo venti minuti di noia assoluta con numerosi cambi a spezzare il ritmo, arriva il triplice fischio finale dell'arbitro.

[After 20 minutes of absolute dullness with numerous substitutions to break up the rhythym, the final whistle sounds.]

EDIT: And in completely unrelated news, Mediaset also reports that Luca Toni has passed his medical at AS Roma. Bayern president Uli Hoeness issued a statement wishing Toni the best of luck and hoping he scores lots of goals for Roma. The deal (no clue on the amount of money changing hands) should be officialized when the window opens in January.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 30 2009, 07:28 PM) *
There's been a fun little war of words going on between players in Italy. (all quotes/stories taken from the Eurosport Italia versions. the stories appear also in Mediaset and Gazzetta)

Yesterday, Lazio's Zarate gave an interview in which he described Roma's Francesco Totti as someone who 'talks a lot but who has forgotten he's finished as a player'.

Today, Totti sent '240 greetings to the great champion Zarate, and I hope that in 2010, I'm able to score some goals and assists to get close to his scoring and playmaking records. But I have to do it in a hurry because I'm almost finished as a player'.

(nb, Totti has scored 240 goals for Roma).

Owned. Royally so.
You know, with that joke book and now this, I think I actually like this guy.
Tennie
The Luca Toni-to-Roma thing is pretty much official. There's a statement on Bayern's website noting the 6 month loan.
MizNelson
Interesting how Suazo went from hot property to all but forgotten at Inter. (Kinda like Huntelaar over here.)
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Dec 31 2009, 02:11 PM) *
Interesting how Suazo went from hot property to all but forgotten at Inter. (Kinda like Huntelaar over here.)

yet again Genoa make a great move in sending floccari and getting the more talented, albeit underused, Suazo.
i love their president. don't forget they also own rannochia, bonnuci, aquafresca and other great youths
il_diavolo_mtl
Fiorentina are spending their CL cash, they have signed highly rated Felipe from udinese and are now tracking Miguel Veloso from sporting (goal.com)

correction they got Felipe on a loan deal
kurtsimonw
It is now official that Luca Toni has joined Roma on loan until the end of the season, announced Bayern Munich.

Only details separated the two clubs from confirming the deal and this afternoon both sides released statements.

“AS Roma and Bayern Munchen AG announce they have reached an agreement for the free loan of Luca Toni with effect from January 2 to June 30 2010.

“The completion of the transfer is subject to a medical and contract terms between the player and Roma. Yesterday the player underwent a medical at the Agostino Gemelli clinic in Rome and the result was positive.”

Bayern were a little more vocal in their statement and explained the reasons behind the split.

“In a meeting Toni asked the Bayern Munich Executive Board to play until the end of the season at Roma for personal reasons.

“Playing regularly in Serie A he wants to realise his great objective of taking part in the 2010 World Cup with Italy.

“The Bayern Board thanks Toni for the results achieved up until now, in particular the Double of Cup and Bundesliga title in 2008 and wishes him the best of luck for his time at Roma and above all the World Cup.

“Toni thanks Bayern and hopes the club can win the Bundesliga title in 2010 and achieve success in the Champions League and DFB Cup.”

Football Italia

It's a few days old so apologies if it's already been posted, I just haven't seen it.
Tennie
All the news outlets (mediaset, gazzetta, tuttomercatoweb, eurosport, etc) are reporting that Goran Pandev has signed for the cugini.
Zed.D
Blog: Now or never

Francesco Totti says he’ll decide whether to be part of the World Cup squad in April, but Susy Campanale won’t wait that long

Here we are again with Francesco Totti umming and aahing over his Italy career. He played this little game for two years with Roberto Donadoni before finally hanging up his boots, now that the qualification campaign has been completed, Er Pupone has another rethink.

“I will make the decision in April.” That leaves barely any time for friendlies to test out the inevitable tactical changes that come with someone like Totti in the team. You may say his quality and current form for Roma mean he’s worth it, but in that case don’t leave Marcello Lippi and all the Azzurri players hanging for months. Be a man, make a decision and stick to it.

Time is too short to faff around and wait until the last minute for such a radical switch. And what of respect for the players who worked so hard to earn qualification in the first place? With Amauri earning his Italian passport in March at the earliest and Totti not making his availability known until April, how are the Azzurri supposed to forge a squad with a precise identity for this World Cup?

It has every hallmark of a disaster brewing, as it takes more than a bunch of good players to make a winning team. Lippi of all people should know that, having lifted the 2006 World Cup with teamwork, unity and an indomitable spirit. Plus Zinedine Zidane’s shiny forehead.

It was bad enough waiting around till the tournament started in Germany before we knew if Totti would be fully recovered from surgery to play a key role, but he has absolutely no reason to delay a decision this time around. We’ve finally accepted that Antonio Cassano is less likely to get an Italy call-up than Andrea Bocelli, let’s not burden ourselves with months more of pointless speculation. Totti, it's now or never.

Football Italia

“I will make the decision in April.” OMG!!!

I think Totti needs to stay home and watch the World Cup on TV. he doesn't deserve to play for the Azzurri.
Jack Sparrow
+1. Italy is not Roma.
dst
The right thing to do is wait for Totti to come up with a decision... and then Lippi must come out and say "you know what, I never actually cared!".

How big an idiot is he? For ****s sake, you're Roma's God, you're regular for the rest of Italy!! Learn to like it you big-headed idiot!

It'd be a disgrace for the national team if Lippi called him up.
whoarethepatriots
Lippi is surely going to call him up. He has his favorites and will call them up no matter how good they are. Amauri will also be called up because he is a Juve player.

The sooner Lippi leaves the better
Tennie
I'd have less of an argument with Totti - primadonna status or not - being called up than Amauri. Totti is at least productive on the pitch. Amauri (who still doesn't have an Italian passport, thankfuly) scored something like 8 goals in the whole of 2009.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 4 2010, 12:59 PM) *
It'd be a disgrace for the national team if Lippi called him up.

This comment is almost as bad as Fergies yesterday.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 4 2010, 02:09 PM) *
I'd have less of an argument with Totti - primadonna status or not - being called up than Amauri. Totti is at least productive on the pitch. Amauri (who still doesn't have an Italian passport, thankfuly) scored something like 8 goals in the whole of 2009.

If Totti had shown some pride for his nation and kept on playing for the Azzuri instead of saying 'nah, cant be bothered playing' then i would have no issue. The fact is that he has not contributed a single percent to Italy for 4 years nearly.

Amauri is playing rather poorly, but because he is a Juventino he will get called up regardless
rstevens
The signing of Toni should do more to help the resurgence at Roma and it should be interesting to see what happens under Ranieri before the end of the season. Juventus look like they are struggling while Roma are catching up on them so I agree with a football betting blog which thinks that Ranieri should finish higher in the table than the team which got rid of him.

Jack Sparrow
Totti should not be called. I don't think Italy has ever seen the Totti for Roma show up consistently. And he's an absolute a$$hole for saying this...especially when for months on end,other players struggled to get Italy qualified, and now this dude wants a free ticket. Oh pick me..coz I'm Totti..I'm a God! realmad.gif

I mean his wife came out and said they'd love a 'holiday' in S.Africa. That was it for me!

P.S: I don't think Amauri should be called. He was whoring himself out for as long as possible. Brazil..pick me..Italy..pick me! Bah!

P.P.S: Borriello FTW!! cool.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 4 2010, 02:54 PM) *
Totti should not be called. I don't think Italy has ever seen the Totti for Roma show up consistently. And he's an absolute a$$hole for saying this...especially when for months on end,other players struggled to get Italy qualified, and now this dude wants a free ticket. Oh pick me..coz I'm Totti..I'm a God! realmad.gif

I mean his wife came out and said they'd love a 'holiday' in S.Africa. That was it for me!

P.S: I don't think Amauri should be called. He was whoring himself out for as long as possible. Brazil..pick me..Italy..pick me! Bah!

P.P.S: Borriello FTW!! cool.gif

This man speaks the truth!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 4 2010, 04:13 PM) *
This comment is almost as bad as Fergies yesterday.

Calling up a guy who thinks he can tell everyone at the time of his choosing when and if he wants to join the team he did not want to help during the hard process of qualifying is definitely a disgrace in my book. He's showing no respect at all, what more you want?

Amauri should not be called up either and not for footballing reasons.

If either of these two travels to South Africa with the Italian squad I will for the first time be happy to see the Azzurri fail.
MizNelson
“I will make the decision in April.”

Are you kidding me? I swear to God, what a buffoon.

"Francesco Totti" is now officially Italian for "Brett Favre."
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 4 2010, 03:45 PM) *
If either of these two travels to South Africa with the Italian squad I will for the first time be happy to see the Azzurri fail.

Their failures in the past fair cheered me up.

These days I consider them an irrelevance.

(I might support Milan, but that doesn't mean I adore Italian football or their national side as well)
mishie
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 4 2010, 08:29 PM) *
Their failures in the past fair cheered me up.

These days I consider them an irrelevance.

(I might support Milan, but that doesn't mean I adore Italian football or their national side as well)

just out of curiosity what drew you to Milan in the 1st place?
Tennie
(For the question to Danny, Fishdoll wonders if it's because Milan beat Celtic in the CL).

One other bit of transfer news in Italy: Floccari has gone from Genoa to Lazio.

Danny
QUOTE (mishie @ Jan 4 2010, 09:20 PM) *
just out of curiosity what drew you to Milan in the 1st place?

An old show on Channel 4 in in the UK in the early 90s called Football Italia. Used to love it and found myself drawn to the Rossoneri. In those days it was Gullit, Boban and Baresi.

EDIT: And Bierhoff. And Rijkaard.
Danny
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 4 2010, 09:51 PM) *
(For the question to Danny, Fishdoll wonders if it's because Milan beat Celtic in the CL).

Everyone beats Celtic in the CL.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 4 2010, 10:36 PM) *
Everyone beats Celtic in the CL.

Everybody loses to Celtic in the CL too. Just depends whether they're home or away.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 4 2010, 11:13 PM) *
Everybody loses to Celtic in the CL too. Just depends whether they're home or away.

Guess you did pay attention to that post then biggrin.gif
Tennie
The gobbi have sold Cristian Molinaro to VFB Stuttgart.
Tennie
Fishdoll continues his Ascoli Watch and today gives a big fins up.

FT Frosinone 1 - 5 Ascoli. Sometimes karma does good things.smile.gif

--

Also of note re: today's Serie B games, Darmian played the full 90 in Padova's game today. They lost to Leffe, 2-0. From what Fishdoll can tell from the text commentary, Darmian was not at fault for either of the goals conceded.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 5 2010, 02:12 PM) *
The gobbi have sold Cristian Molinaro to VFB Stuttgart.

Sold or loaned? i read loaned
Tennie
Oops sorry. It's a loan-with-option for Molinaro. My bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.