Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
dst
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 3 2010, 09:13 PM) *
Their defense without Chiellini is about like ours without Nesta. It's even sadder given that they have the ghost of cannavaro playing for them too. Time was, he was actually quite good.

At least we have Silva instead of Cannavaro and also Antonini who is better in defense than any of Juve's fullbacks.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 3 2010, 09:24 PM) *
I'm all for Palermo or Napoli going to the CL next year. it's not like Juve's presence makes that big a difference!

Not in recent years.
Zed.D
Or to be more exact, since after the Calciopoli...
Fishdoll
So, the defending on the second goal the gobbi conceded was even worse than that on the first. (it's now 2-0). They must have some sort of anti-marking system whereas they stay far away from opposition players when they've got the ball in the area.

EDIT: And, well, ditto on the third goal they conceded though, to be fair, Di Natale is a good striker (this brings him up to 22 on the season so far). Udinese 3-0 gobbi
Zed.D
Oh my. I know some Juve fans who have decided not to follow Juve anymore this season. tbh I can't blame them. this is beyond pathetic.
Fishdoll
I feel sorry for the gobbi.
il_diavolo_mtl
two words, "handanovic cleansheet" smile.gif
i always loved udinese and ow regardless of their opponant, they attack them whole heartedly, that being said Lukovic at LB this year makes my nonna look like maldini.
Fishdoll
Okay, stuff's finally filtering out about what may be calciopoli II.

Here's a bit from Football Italia:

Wiretaps of Inter President Massimo Moratti talking to refereeing designators form an integral part of Luciano Moggi’s trial.

Moggi, the former director general of Juventus and by many considered the great power behind Calciopoli, is at the centre of a civil trial into the same incidents.

“Quite simply either everyone is innocent or everyone is guilty. In my view, everyone is innocent,” declared Moggi after today’s dramatic court session.

“Maybe not everybody expected these developments. I invite everyone to think carefully and reflect on the matter.”

Moggi will try to prove that he was not pulling the strings of Italian football by communicating with the refereeing designators in order to favour Juventus.

He has always maintained he was only one of many who regularly spoke to the officials and acted only to ‘protect’ Juve.

This is why it was such a coup to release the transcripts of a wiretapped conversation between Inter President Moratti and designator Paolo Bergamo.

“Moggi was accused of violating Article 1, which represents fair play,” explained lawyer Prioreschi.

“I ask the FIGC and the Naples Tribunal why this same action was not taken against Moratti when the designator asks him if he likes the referee assigned to his match, after having asked the same of Giacinto Facchetti?

“On Tuesday we will ask for transcripts of all the wiretapped calls that were inexplicably ignored during the preliminary investigation. Essentially Calciopoli took different approaches to different people for the same incidents.

“In the phone calls there is talk of meetings and dinners between Moratti, Facchetti and Bergamo. So why was that not even transcribed when the police had a stakeout to film the dinner between Diego Della Valle and Bergamo?”

The incriminating phrase in the wiretap is from designator Bergamo ahead of a Coppa Italia tie with Bologna, which ended 3-1 to Inter on January 13 2005.

“Seeing as there is no draw for the referees, but a direct designation, I have sent you Gabriele. I made sure he will be accompanied by two very good assistants.”

Bergamo has hit back at the accusations of wrongdoing, at the same time suggesting Moggi is right to claim everyone is innocent in the Calciopoli scandal.

“I’m not remotely surprised at these conversations, I always said that I spoke to everyone,” said the former refereeing designator.

“I’ve been told there is another conversation in which we both compliment Bertini after his performance in a game between Inter and Sampdoria.

“Didn’t the Calciopoli trial insist Bertini was part of the pro-Juve ‘cupola’? It seems this so-called pro-Juve organisation wasn’t very solid.”

And here's a transcription/translation of a conversation between referee designator Bergamo and then-bad team club president Giacinto Facchetti that appeared in today's La Stampa (a mainstream regular newspaper):

January 9th, 2005 12:53 just before the Inter-Sampdoria 3-2

Facchetti: Hello Paolo, Facchetti.

Bergamo: Hello Giacinto.

Facchetti: I'm going to the stadium and I told my boys to have a certain tact, some availability with Bertini(ref). I told the players, Mancini and others.

Bergamo: You'll see it will be a nice match.

Facchetti: Okay.

Bergamo He's predisposed (Bertini) to make a great game.

Facchetti: Yes, okay.

Bergamo It's a challenge that you will see, we will win together.

Facchetti: I just wanted to tell you that I did (referring to the fact that he spoke to the team not to take the wrong attitude towards Bertini ed).

Bergamo: You'll see things will go the right way, then the team will start to have confidence in making the results, boost it's moral. ...
TriniKing_CE
Just to jump the gun slightly... So when do we get to see inter & Moratti get fined & penalized? innocent.gif
dst
but... how can this be? rolleyes.gif

I'm going to be so happy when they get punished for this!!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 4 2010, 02:12 PM) *
Just to jump the gun slightly... So when do we get to see inter & Moratti get fined & penalized? innocent.gif

i hope morrati is justfully punished by every form of judicial law possible, including doing a chicken dance in a Berlusconi jersey at halftime during every inter match
servbot
Holy crap...was the evidence for the original Calcipoli punishments that blatantly obvious?

I find it very odd that it would even be possible for teams to discuss referee assignments with the league before matches. Is that normal for football?
kurtsimonw
It depends.

Tony Pulis asked the Premier League to change the referee for the Stoke-Spurs game a few weeks ago because he felt he was biased against Stoke (he'd sent off 3 Stoke players in the previous 3 games he'd officiated). The league didn't change the appointment and a Stoke player got sent off. laugh.gif

I see no problem in asking a ref NOT to officiate your game, but being specific about who you want to ref your games is certainly never allowed.
Bluesummers
lol nothign will happen. slap on the wrist max. morratti will buy out the judicial system if he has to.
I_Rossoneri
IMO this will hurt Calcio more than help it, and for that we have to thank merda!

I wonder if they'll have any of their Scudetti taken off them? smile.gif
Fishdoll
*if* something is done, then yeah they should. But i'm not sure anything will be done. It should be, though. the whole 'we'll win together' bit from Bergamo to Facchetti is, well, a pretty good indication that something's up. so's the fact that these particular wiretaps got buried for 4 years.
Protagonist
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 5 2010, 09:51 PM) *
*if* something is done, then yeah they should. But i'm not sure anything will be done. It should be, though. the whole 'we'll win together' bit from Bergamo to Facchetti is, well, a pretty good indication that something's up. so's the fact that these particular wiretaps got buried for 4 years.

Problem is its not a fact. Out of the wiretap transcript, the only source I have to base an assumption would be from the journalist that typed the text in La Stampa. I do not know where its originating from per say, hence how is that a fact?
Fishdoll
It's coming from Moggi's trial.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 5 2010, 10:56 PM) *
It's coming from Moggi's trial.

Please if you can post more news about his trial that is connected with moratti and us, i would really like it smile.gif.
Fishdoll
Here's the latest article from Corriere della Sera, Italy's biggest daily newspaper (NOT the same as corriere dello sport): link

Nobody's really paying attention in English right now.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 5 2010, 11:15 PM) *
Here's the latest article from Corriere della Sera, Italy's biggest daily newspaper (NOT the same as corriere dello sport): link

Nobody's really paying attention in English right now.

I translated that NEWS that you posted in english, and my website started to have a lot visitors, you know they were very interesed in that , so I'm going to stay on this biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 2 2010, 11:19 PM) *
There is no way that someone would come to the conclusion you posted above by reading what I posted. You're just messing around here so I'm not going to continue with this.

Not messing around at all. I'm going to put this one down to the language barrier. Which appears to be 20ft tall in this case.
dst
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 6 2010, 03:59 PM) *
Not messing around at all. I'm going to put this one down to the language barrier. Which appears to be 20ft tall in this case.

I'm still putting this down to you messing around by coming up with things I did not say. I really don't understand how one can go from

"I don't agree that players and managers deserve to be equally credited. The players deserve it more in my view." (what I said)

to

"his impact is minimal and the players mostly do it themselves" (what you say I meant).
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 6 2010, 03:01 PM) *
I'm still putting this down to you messing around by coming up with things I did not say. I really don't understand how one can go from

"I don't agree that players and managers deserve to be equally credited. The players deserve it more in my view." (what I said)

to

"his impact is minimal and the players mostly do it themselves" (what you say I meant).

Can someone else help out dst here in conveying to him why the above two opinions are almost exactly the same?
dst
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Someone should also explain to you that the word 'more' is not definite. Saying "the players deserve it more" does not necessarily mean "the coach's role is minimal". That's the extreme interpretation there... and you're only choosing it because you're messing around.

Again, I said "more" not "so much more it's ****ing impossible to conceive"... I see no language barrier there!
Fishdoll
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 6 2010, 03:28 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Someone should also explain to you that the word 'more' is not definite. Saying "the players deserve it more" does not necessarily mean "the coach's role is minimal". That's the extreme interpretation there... and you're only choosing it because you're messing around.

Again, I said "more" not "so much more it's ****ing impossible to conceive"... I see no language barrier there!

I think messing around has begun, and you mr/mrs/ms dst are guilty...
han2503
To butt in since I have nothing better to do. I'm with dst, those 2 sentences mean different things entirely.

1 is saying that the players should get more credit then the coach and the other is saying that the players mostly do it themselves.

I don't see what the confusion is. unsure.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2010, 08:36 PM) *
To butt in since I have nothing better to do. I'm with dst, those 2 sentences mean different things entirely.

1 is saying that the players should get more credit then the coach and the other is saying that the players mostly do it themselves.

I don't see what the confusion is. unsure.gif

You're just hurting from a failed career in politics wink.gif
Fishdoll
The audiotape from this transcript was aired on Sky TG24 (sky italia's 24 hour news channel) this morning. My translation. The conversation is between referee designator Mazzei and bad team president Facchetti in November 2004, just before the bad team-Viola game that ended 2-2.

Mazzei: "Sono in macchina che vado a Coverciano.."
Facchetti: "Sceglili bene per domenica sera eh.."
Mazzei: "Il n.1 e il n.2, da quello che penso, Ivaldi e Pisacreta"
Facchetti: "Ivaldi e Pisacreta?"
Mazzei: "Eh sono il n.1 e il n.2"
Facchetti: "Si certo, e il n.1 degli arbitri.."
Mazzei: "Eh si, speriamo che ci caschi con questo sorteggio del cavolo, che ci caschi il n.1.."
Facchetti: "Non li non devono fare sorteggi, ci devono.. "
Mazzei: "Come si fa Giacinto, purtroppo ci vuole fortuna"
Facchetti: "Ma dai.."
Mazzei: "Ti dico la verità, qui un sorteggio lo fa un giornalista, devono studiare una griglia e le possibilità? sono più alte..."

[M: I'm in a car on my wy to Coverciano...
F: Make good picks for Sunday night, eh..
M: The #1 and #2, from what I think, Ivaldi and Pisacreta
F: Ivaldi and Pisacreta?
M: Eh, they're the #1 and #2 (fishdoll note: those two are linesmen)
F: Yeah, sure, and the #1 referee
M: Ah yes, let's hope that it dosn't fail with this effing draw, who gets the #1...
F: They shouldn't make the draws, we should
M: That's how it's done, Giacinto, alas you need luck
F: Oh come on...
M: I'm telling the truth, here a journalist does the draw, they need to study the grid and the possibilities? are very high...]
Zed.D
So Inter president being informed of who the linesmen for an important game are... how on earth can they escape punishment?
Fishdoll
Other than massive $$$$$ (this IS, after all, Italy), I don't really see how they can.
Zed.D
Please don't say that! Moratti is a rich mother****er. that'd be nowhere near enough.
kurtsimonw
Maybe I didn't understand it properly, but what is wrong with that conversation exactly?
servbot
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 7 2010, 11:51 AM) *
Maybe I didn't understand it properly, but what is wrong with that conversation exactly?

Not sure, this one seems pretty normal to me too.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 7 2010, 07:28 PM) *
Please don't say that! Moratti is a rich mother****er. that'd be nowhere near enough.

Oops. I didn't read Fishdoll's post carefully.
Fishdoll
Well, the bad team president asking for a specific ref to be picked and finding out in advance who the linesmen will be before it's announced...is not entirely ethical.
servbot
But it sounds like his request is being rejected, and that the ref will be picked randomly.
Fishdoll
Not necessarily. He's saying that the journalists have to make this effing draw, but that there's a good chance of it.
dst
That's the kind of talks Milan were punished for... and Juve's were not much more revealing it's just that everyone knew they were in control of the referees... if it was no Moratti behind all of this, Juve would not have received such treatment.

I would like to see inert punished but I care mostly about seeing the faxed scudetto stripped! if anyone deserves it, it's not inert!
Zed.D
LOL, look who's talking:

QUOTE (Football-Italia)
'Forgive and forget about Calciopoli'

Thursday 8 April, 2010

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini believes people should forgive and forget about Calciopoli despite new revelations from the trial in Naples.

Luciano Moggi's defence lawyer has presented evidence that appears to implicate Inter and further involve Milan in the scandal that first emerged in 2006.

Juventus have taken a bold position on the evidence, releasing a statement in which they say everyone should be treated equal.

The Bianconeri were relegated for their part in the scandal, while Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina and Reggina all received points-penalties.

Speaking to Radio Kiss Kiss, Zamparini said: “I don't believe that we should open a new Calciopoli trial. At this point it would be best to forgive and forget.

“It doesn't seem opportune to me to start new proceedings on the basis of new wiretaps that have emerged in the last few days.

“Let's erase the past and think only to the future.

“As for the rest, much worse things happened 20 or 30 years ago,” he concluded.

How 'bout YOU "erase the past", forget how much you hate Milan, and sell us Pastore? rolleyes.gif

***hole!
Fishdoll

This Sunday's late game is the Derby della Lanterna (ie, genoa-samp). It's usually a very entertaining fixture that rarely if ever ends with 22 guys on the pitch. Should be a fun one to watch.
Fishdoll
So today's early game was very entertaining..especially the second half. FT Napoli 2-3 PARMA. Rar.

Napoli don't lose often at the San Paolo and this one was a lot of fun. Quagliarella and Mazzarri both got sent off in the last few minutes of the game.

Well done to the crociati!
han2503
Fiorentina currently getting the better of Inter. 1-0 at the 35th minute mark
Linkman
2-2 right now...
Zed.D
Inter are losing the title race to Roma. I can feel it!
Fishdoll
FT 2-2. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Roma - 68 (+23 GD)
Inter - 67 (+33 GD)
Milan - 64 (+21 GD)

Roma
A Lazio
H Sampdoria
A Parma
H Cagliari
A Chievo

Inter
H Juventus
H Atalanta
A Lazio
H Chievo
A Siena

Milan
A Sampdoria
A Palermo
H Fiorentina
A Genoa
H Juventus

I personally can't see us winning it. We have no easy game remaining. We'd do well to get 10 points from these and even that would mean Roma would need only 7 points to finish ahead of us. I'd say Roma and Inters fixtures are probably about equal. Inter have an extra home game, but Roma have that extra point in the table. Should be very close between the 2.
Fishdoll
I agree that it's probably out of reach for us, Kurt. That said, we're about where we deserve to be in terms of how we've played so I can't really argue too much.

Fight Night in Genoa (also known as the Derby della Lanterna or Samp-Genoa) has just started. Anyone willing to bet cookies on how many people from each team get sent off?
Locke Lamora
This reminds me of the 2006-07 season in Spain, when Real and Barca took turns in missing chances to take the league lead... wonder when Roma start slipping up?
Fishdoll
Some of the Genoa brain trust have started throwing flares. One hit the pitch, game was stopped for a minute. Doesn't help much that Samp is attacking the goal they're sitting behind.

Second half underway, it's currently Samp 1-0 Genoa. And 22 players on the pitch.

EDIT: Bah, I am disappointed. NOBODY got sent off!

FT Samp 1-0 Genoa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.