Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 27 2010, 07:08 PM) *
So what you're saying is that he can't be beaten...

With the squad he has and the squads around him, over a 38 game season.. nah, I just can't see us, Juve or anyone else for that matter taking the title. Inter have been poor this season, in my opinion, yet they still beat us twice and are top of the league.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 27 2010, 09:10 PM) *
With the squad he has and the squads around him, over a 38 game season.. nah, I just can't see us, Juve or anyone else for that matter taking the title. Inter have been poor this season, in my opinion, yet they still beat us twice and are top of the league.

That's what I'm saying, the problem is not Mou, the problem is that we can't match them. Had we had an equally strong squad and still got beaten by inert I'd say yeah Mou can do it better, we won't win until he goes. But now? He is not our problem. Inter would have won last season's title with Mancini and they would not be doing worse than they do this season with Mancini either.
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 24 2010, 08:12 PM) *
I hope he leaves for the simple reason that's the only way we'll win the title again.

That's like saying: Frances economy is never going to match Chinas....their leaders are too brillant.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Feb 27 2010, 07:49 PM) *
That's like saying: Frances economy is never going to match Chinas....their leaders are too brillant.

That's nothing like that at all.

@dst, yes the squad is the problem, more so than Jose, but when he's the one signing half the players..
Fishdoll
You mean guys like Quaresma, Mancini and Thiago Motta?smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Feb 27 2010, 10:30 PM) *
You mean guys like Quaresma, Mancini and Thiago Motta?smile.gif

I like Motta's personally.

Lucio, Eto'o, Sneijder, Millito and Pandev are hardly flops either.
Fishdoll
So there were two games today.

Catania steamrolled Bari 4-0 (the chickens are sad).

Fiorentina drew 1-1 with Lazio.
Protagonist
Moratti's millions signed them, not Mourinho.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Feb 28 2010, 01:13 AM) *
So there were two games today.

Catania steamrolled Bari 4-0 (the chickens are sad).

Fiorentina drew 1-1 with Lazio.

Lets hope get over these results and will beat Bayern cos' they deserve it.
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 27 2010, 11:28 PM) *
That's nothing like that at all.

I disagree.
Zed.D
60th minute. Juve 0-1 Palermo

Miccoli with a GREAT goal.
Zed.D
Cannavaro scores and celebrates like hell, only for his goal to be ruled out for offside seconds later biggrin.gif
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 28 2010, 09:09 PM) *
Cannavaro scores and celebrates like hell, only for his goal to be ruled out for offside seconds later biggrin.gif

yea that was good decision by th ref as the assistant didnt call it off
Zed.D
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 1 2010, 12:49 AM) *
yea that was good decision by th ref as the assistant didnt call it off

Are you sure? blink.gif

-

Javier Pastore looks very interesting. I can see where the Kaka comparisons come from. he's got a similar style.
Zed.D
Juve 0-2 Palermo.

Budan scores 20 seconds after coming on laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 28 2010, 09:24 PM) *
Are you sure? blink.gif

-

Javier Pastore looks very interesting. I can see where the Kaka comparisons come from. he's got a similar style.

yea and even the commentator was saying that
Zed.D
FT. 0-2

Juve were/are pathetic. enough said.
Fishdoll
FT gobbi 0-2 Palermo. Deserved win for the Men in Pink.

The gobbi look AWFUL.

And the drughi set match programs on fire again, in the stands.
Locke Lamora
Di Carlo banned for 'blasphemy'
Tuesday 2 March, 2010

Chievo Coach Mimmo Di Carlo is the first victim of the new rules on ‘bestemmie’ – an offence to God considered worse than swearing.

The tactician has been handed a one-match touchline ban after he was caught using the banned phrase during Sunday’s 2-1 win over Cagliari.

The new rule was only introduced in the last couple of weeks and aims at stamping out the use of bad language in the sport.

When caught on camera, these comments are thought to represent a bad example for children watching and could offend adults.

Bestemmie are considered to be worse than simple swearing and regards blasphemous statements.

Lega Pro side Potenza have seen their Coach, Ezio Capuano, given a two-match ban for “repeated blasphemous phrases in protests against the referee.”

WTF???
Fishdoll
(where's it from, locke?)

Yeah, bestemmie (or really bad swearing) is now a bannable thing. Has been for players for a while - if you say vaffa to the ref you're out for 2 games. This is the first time a coach has been sanctioned for this specific thing.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Mar 2 2010, 06:16 PM) *
(where's it from, locke?)

Yeah, bestemmie (or really bad swearing) is now a bannable thing. Has been for players for a while - if you say vaffa to the ref you're out for 2 games. This is the first time a coach has been sanctioned for this specific thing.

It's from football-italia.com... what does 'Bestiemme' really mean though?
Fishdoll
This fish's best translation would be 'blasphemy'.
Locke Lamora
C'mon now, at least a hint?
Fishdoll
well, 'blasphemy' in the cultural context would connote - to this fish at least - something seriously nasty. In US culture, blasphemy isn't really laden with the nasty hints it has in other cultures. I suspect that in Italy, it's a term that's got lots of negativity around it because of that country's history.

What it boils down to in real terms? I looked and haven't been able to find a translation of what Mimmo De Carlo said but I'd imagine it's swear words of a rather more serious nature than the standard 'vaffa'.
Zed.D
FT. Inter 0-0 Genoa

**** YEAH, WE GOT AWAY WITH OUR ROMA DRAW! TITLE RACE IS BACK ON BABY!
Fishdoll
^^ What zeddie said. smile.gif
han2503
Phew!!!

Really thought we blew it...
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 7 2010, 05:41 PM) *
FT. Inter 0-0 Genoa

**** YEAH, WE GOT AWAY WITH OUR ROMA DRAW! TITLE RACE IS BACK ON BABY!

+1 cool.gif
Fishdoll

Eat that, Donkeys.

FT Bari 1-0 Chievo 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
Danny
We sort of got let off the hook I suppose, which is better than them getting further away, but life would have been much easier if we'd made the ground up to 2 points.
dst
Who's to say they would not have gotten the win had we beaten Roma? Maybe they would be more determined in that case.

Considering we were playing Roma away and they were playing Genoa at home staying 4 points close to them means this was a good weekend for us in my view.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2010, 02:05 PM) *
Who's to say they would not have gotten the win had we beaten Roma? Maybe they would be more determined in that case.

Considering we were playing Roma away and they were playing Genoa at home staying 4 points close to them means this was a good weekend for us in my view.

I agree.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2010, 06:35 PM) *

There goes your one sensible post of the month. You shouldn't have dropped it so early. Could have waited till Old Trafford to say something uber-smart...
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 8 2010, 05:17 PM) *
There goes your one sensible post of the month. You shouldn't have dropped it so early. Could have waited till Old Trafford to say something uber-smart...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

But i agree with dst, we definately came out with the better end of that stick.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 8 2010, 06:29 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

But i agree with dst, we definately came out with the better end of that stick.

What annoys me is we didn't scrape a draw, which is what would give dst's point gravity. We missed a shot because Roma were really not very good and there for the taking.

If we'd had a bad game and made no chances and been lucky to come out with a draw, then I agree - this was a good weekend.

Problem was we had them where we wanted them yet didn't make a dent in them.

And that's a seriously bad missed opportunity.
RED&BLACK Milan
Catania 3 Inter 1
What a goal by Martinez at the end..... tongue.gif

A chance to cut the lead to 1 on Sunday
Zed.D
Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORZA CATANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bluesummers
thank you catania, god bless you guys!!!!

Now lets pray inter beat chelsea !!
Fishdoll
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif Forza Catania!

I might actually have to say something nice about Sinisa Mihailovic after this.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Mar 13 2010, 02:11 AM) *
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif Forza Catania!

I might actually have to say something nice about Sinisa Mihailovic after this.

And their Argie contingent! they must have the most Argies among all European teams? I can't recall any other team having 11 Argies...
d'Arc.LP
OOOOhhhhhhhhh I'm in love with Catania right now <3
If we win we are just 1 point behind Inter.
arivanjj
wats the bet we're gonna lose against cheivo? *rolleyes*
Zed.D
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 13 2010, 01:36 AM) *
wats the bet we're gonna lose against cheivo? *rolleyes*

No way man! I don't care how but we MUST win this game.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 12 2010, 04:18 PM) *
No way man! I don't care how but we MUST win this game.

OH AFRICA!!!!!
Danny
*folds sandwich board and places it and bell back in the cupboard*

What a sensational result - the exact morale booster we needed after Wednesday.

Anything less than a win (and I don't care how it happens) on Sunday is absolutely unforgiveable.
Zed.D
@ Blue

Ha?!

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 13 2010, 02:25 AM) *
*folds sandwich board and places it and bell back in the cupboard*

What a sensational result - the exact morale booster we needed after Wednesday.

Anything less than a win (and I don't care how it happens) on Sunday is absolutely unforgiveable.

I disagreed with you last week about this cause we were the team who had played first. but I 100% agree this time. we MUST win and only that, or it'll be a total disappointment.
whoarethepatriots
Im happy that Inter lost, but we all know that we are unlikely to get all three points. We usually drop points in these kind of situations. We lack consistency and that is what has killed us, and will kill us
dst
WTF!?!?!? biggrin.gif I only saw this now. I had no idea there was a game yesterday!!!

we HAVE TO win!
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 13 2010, 05:45 PM) *
WTF!?!?!? biggrin.gif I only saw this now. I had no idea there was a game yesterday!!!

we HAVE TO win!

Hear that folks? WE HAVE TO WIN!
dst
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 13 2010, 08:39 PM) *
Hear that folks? WE HAVE TO WIN!

I thought I had to say that since no one else cared to... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.