Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 15 2010, 07:20 PM) *
That's pretty much it. There are also some much more clearly racist chants that've been heard.

Now the end that got closed is the Curva Scirea - that's where the Drughi sit. Still open (because the racist chanting wasn't heard from their area) is the other Curva, where the Vikings sit. The Drughi and Viking ultra groups REALLY dislike each other - there's a reason they sit at opposite ends of the pitch - and now there are public order concerns about the game in the event that some of the Drughi try to buy tickets in the Viking end.

IMO they're all a bunch of thugs who really belong in jail. And i'd include the Milan ultras in that too.

What's up between Drughi and Vikings? I feel I should be rooting for the latter, for some historical, cultural and genetic reason...
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif
Fishdoll
Hee hee.

I'm not really sure why the two groups dislike each other so much but it's not a new dislike. Gazzetta has an article about the curva closure today and points it out.
Locke Lamora
Any chance of your person digging up some info? I'm actually positively curious about this.
Fishdoll
Well, here's the english language wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_Ultras

Here's the Gazzetta article: http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Juven...659321129.shtml
Locke Lamora
Looks like the Juve players are on pretty friendly terms with the Vikings though... Visit My Website
Fishdoll
some probably are. Shevchenko, for example, was known to be very friendly with the Milan curva.
Tennie
Ascoli Watch: FT Gallipoli 1-4 Ascoli.

Ascoli now up to 13th place in Serie B and their striker Antenucci tied for league capocannoniere with 14 goals.

96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
kurtsimonw
Is thaeir somebody on loan there or something, or do you just like Ascoli?
Tennie
Haha. Look back a few pages. Ascoli were the serie B side who, while in the relegation zone, did something remarkable.

A guy on the other team was hurt (really hurt, not ZOMG, I've been shot hurt) and kicked the ball toward the touchline so he could get treatment. However, an Ascoli player intercepted it and scored, only realizing after the fact that he'd scored while a guy on the other team was hurt and trying to get treatment. So when they restarted, they let the other side walk the ball into the net for an equalizer. (and ended up lozing the game 3-1). Remarkable gesture of fair play -- there were articles in the NY Times and International Herald Tribune about it even.

So in honor of the gesture of fair play, I've decided to follow Ascoli's results for the rest of the season.
kurtsimonw
Ah yes, I remember seeing that on here, just didn't remember which team it was. Well done to Ascoli.
kurtsimonw
Bari comitting suicide in their own box, nearly went 1-0 down inside 30 seconds. Sneijders effort was just past the post.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 16 2010, 08:40 PM) *
Ah yes, I remember seeing that on here, just didn't remember which team it was. Well done to Ascoli.

Bit like me starting to root for Chievo after their heroic performance against a vastly superior Inter side last year, fighting back from 2-0 down to 2-2. Inter went on to 4-2 but whatthehell.
Tennie
How Cordoba hasn't been carded so far is a mystery to me. He keeps kicking and pushing Alvarez over.

The Chickens have held their own so far. HT 0-0
dst
Inter will score with Milito or Sneijder in the 76th minute and win the game. Bari will miss a great chance to equalize late on.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 16 2010, 09:40 PM) *
How Cordoba hasn't been carded so far is a mystery to me. He keeps kicking and pushing Alvarez over.

The Chickens have held their own so far. HT 0-0

The Brigade is actually cheering for the CRA this time, no chicken roast on the plates tonight.
Tennie
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif

Bari 1-0 cugini

Samuel handball in the area, Barretto converted the penalty.

EDIT:

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Bari 2-0 cugini

This time Lucio brought Parisi down in the area. Barretto converted again.

Both calls seem pretty clear to me though I can hear the complaints coming.
Zed.D
2-0 ?! hmm... Inter will win 3-2, mark my words!
Zed.D
2-1 Pandev. see? rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif now Milito will equalize. later on Cordoba will score the winner!!
Zed.D
ZOMG! don't tell me Milito just converted a penalty!!!

EDIT: will some kind mod merge my posts into 1 post later?! I didn't mean to spam here!
Fishdoll
mad.gif I'm beginning to think you're anti-chicken, zeddie. Or bad luck for them!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 17 2010, 01:55 AM) *
mad.gif I'm beginning to think you're anti-chicken, zeddie. Or bad luck for them!

biggrin.gif Come on, you should know Inter by now!

-

EDIT: come on, Ivan. you can do it!
Dracoris
2-2! FT
Zed.D
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jan 17 2010, 02:14 AM) *
2-2! FT

YES!!!

If we win our games (Siena, Fiorentina, Derby), we'll be on level points with them, right?!

Don't let this chance slip ragazzi!
Fishdoll
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jan 16 2010, 04:02 PM) *
The Brigade is actually cheering for the CRA this time, no chicken roast on the plates tonight.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 16 2010, 04:26 PM) *
biggrin.gif Come on, you should know Inter by now!

So, time for cookie reckoning. +1 to the CRA for their support, which is greatly appreciated! May they crush the gobbi tomorrow! cool.gif

And a big -1 to zeddie for disbelieving and for actually cheering for the cugini! mad.gif
Darunia
If we beat Siena and win the derby (yes, it's unlikely but possible), then we'll only be 3 points behind with a game in hand (Fiorentina)
han2503
These are the times were the team has let us down in the past. A chance to gain an advantage an get closer to Inter and we let it slip. We must be at our best tomorrow and pick up those 3 pts against Siena

If we're closer to them then the pressure will bo on them come the derby in 2 weeks time. And with the game in hand we have they will get more anxious. We must not let this chance slip through our grasps like we have done in the past.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 17 2010, 02:17 AM) *
And a big -1 to zeddie for disbelieving and for actually cheering for the cugini! mad.gif

I was just trying to curse them!
Jack Sparrow
I think you're incapable of cursing. Your heart is too pure...
servbot
I think I'm a curse (or a blessing) to Inter...last week I posted about their struggle, and they score 2 at the end to win. This week I don't post, but I turn on the TV to see how they're doing, and about 30 seconds in they score to make it 2-1. I immediately turned the TV off. I'm taking credit for the draw, if I left the TV on or posted they would have won for sure. I hope we take full advantage this afternoon/morning....FORZA MILAN!!!!
Suhail 3
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 16 2010, 09:52 PM) *
These are the times were the team has let us down in the past. A chance to gain an advantage an get closer to Inter and we let it slip. We must be at our best tomorrow and pick up those 3 pts against Siena

If we're closer to them then the pressure will bo on them come the derby in 2 weeks time. And with the game in hand we have they will get more anxious. We must not let this chance slip through our grasps like we have done in the past.

the thing is its all in our hands now too we win and its 6 points then we beat inter and its 3 points then the game in hand and were level

so we dont have to rely on anyone but ourselves but yeah its a big IF we win those games forza milan
Fishdoll
QUOTE (servbot @ Jan 17 2010, 02:07 AM) *
I think I'm a curse (or a blessing) to Inter...last week I posted about their struggle, and they score 2 at the end to win. This week I don't post, but I turn on the TV to see how they're doing, and about 30 seconds in they score to make it 2-1. I immediately turned the TV off. I'm taking credit for the draw, if I left the TV on or posted they would have won for sure. I hope we take full advantage this afternoon/morning....FORZA MILAN!!!!

So, servbot? I've got a favor to ask.

Don't watch their game next week at all, kthxbye.smile.gif
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 17 2010, 05:16 AM) *
So, servbot? I've got a favor to ask.

Don't watch their game next week at all, kthxbye.smile.gif

laugh.gif

Maybe that was the problem with the first meeting this season, too!

It is possible I watch on replay next week, if friends want to meet somewhere to watch the NFL semi-finals. Maybe that will help us!
Fishdoll

The CRA wish to offer a congratulatory cookie to the Proud Donkeys, who beat the gobbi today at the Bentegodi. cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 17 2010, 04:59 PM) *

The CRA wish to offer a congratulatory cookie to the Proud Donkeys, who beat the gobbi today at the Bentegodi. cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

New purchases available at the Brigade's online store, most notably this piece of exquisite indoors decor:

Danny
When was the last time the Biancos were languishing in 5th place? I was quite shocked to see them there. We know they're poor but they're always around the top 3 at worst.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 18 2010, 04:37 PM) *
When was the last time the Biancos were languishing in 5th place? I was quite shocked to see them there. We know they're poor but they're always around the top 3 at worst.

That's 'Bianconeri' for you... wink.gif
Fishdoll
It's been a nightmare season for the gobbi. There's more than enough blame to spread out among management, coaching, players, etc. Not to mention the drughi, who during halftime yesterday at the Bentegodi, again started up with the anti-Balotelli chants. I wonder if they're doing it on purpose to force games to be played behind closed doors. A sort of protest if you will.

Didn't realize this at the time I was watching the game, but they had a bunch of injuries yesterday too: Grygera and Cannavaro both broke their noses.
dst
OFFICIAL: Juventus have Candreva on loan.

From what I've seen (not much) he's a good player. But they need much more.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 20 2010, 05:01 PM) *
OFFICIAL: Juventus have Candreva on loan.

From what I've seen (not much) he's a good player. But they need much more.

Why the hell would the shittiest team in Serie A (talent-wise) give up the only player on that team that can run and kick the ball at the same time
Tennie
Today, I think we have an example of 'Why Antonio Won't Get Called Up' or 'Why Antonio Shouldn't Go Off His Meds'.

According to both mediaset and tuttomercatoweb, apparently there was a...big disagreement between Cassano and his coach, Del Neri. At the end of the fight, Cassano is said to have stated that he 'wouldn't be available to play until September'. Now some hours after the story showed up, Samp issued a denial on their website, but the story's out there and, well, from what I can tell folks seem more inclined to believe that than the denial.
kurtsimonw
I'd love Cassano at Milan, at least hee'd always give us something to talk about.
Fishdoll
Ascoli watch update: FT Ascoli 2-0 Modena

Ascoli up to 12th in the table! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
kurtsimonw
It seems karma does exist.
Fishdoll
I'm afraid to report this, cos whoarethepatriots might say naughty words.

In the early game today: FT Catania 3-0 Parma

Parma weren't even close to Catania -- granted, they were missing a whole bunch of guys through suspension but it was totally one-sided.
dst
Juventus - Roma is at 1-1 at the moment. 84'

Buffon was sent off for a clear last man tackle on Riise. Buffon does not seem to enjoy football these days. I'm sure he would at Milan! sleepysmiley03.gif

Roma win 1-2 FT. Riise with the second goal.
Fishdoll
I'm used to seeing goals late in injury time at the Olimpico of Turin - it's just that it's usually the gobbi who get them.

If we're going to steal any of their players, dst, I'd rather grab Chiellini or Marchisio.
Habitant
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 23 2010, 10:29 PM) *
Juventus - Roma is at 1-1 at the moment. 84'

Buffon was sent off for a clear last man tackle on Riise. Buffon does not seem to enjoy football these days. I'm sure he would at Milan! sleepysmiley03.gif

Roma win 1-2 FT. Riise with the second goal.

it was a smart red card, otherwise roma almost certainly score.

juve kept getting caught Fing up their offside trap, roma could have had 4-5 breakaways.
Tennie
The sporting justice guys are really never going to be without a job. Highlights of today's rulings:
* 7 clubs fined for fans lighting up flares, etc.
* 2 clubs (Bari and the blue and black team from Milan) fined for delaying the start of the second half
* Sneijder suspended for 2 games (which is standard when you say naughty things to the ref)
* Buffon suspended for his red
* 15 other players suspended
* 3 guys fined and cautioned for diving
* Materazzi cautioned for the Berlusconi mask thing.
Locke Lamora
Did Sneijder actually say anything to the ref or did he just sarcastically applaud? Because that sending off was ridiculous enough to begin with, and now with the added suspension...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.