Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 7 2009, 10:02 AM) *
If sticks can broke your bones, I suggest you get them checked out, your bones can't be healthy!

Not really. You midlanders are so silly...

Thick stick...thin stick. And that's if you're insisting on trees. It can also be a hockey stick for all you know.
Zed.D
Italians: 'Brit clubs steal players'

Sunday 6 September, 2009

Italian clubs claim the ban on Chelsea for poaching a teenager is just the tip of the iceberg and urge UEFA to stop the “robbery” of players from academies.

The Stamford Bridge side has been barred from making any purchases until January 2011 after they were found guilty of pushing Gael Kakuta to break his Lens contract.

This is a familiar issue for many Serie A sides, as Roma, Lazio and Parma were famously furious that homegrown talents like Davide Petrucci, Federico Macheda, Arturo Lupoli and Giuseppe Rossi were tempted to England before they could sign a professional contract.

“Luciano Spalletti rang up Sir Alex Ferguson and asked him to halt Petrucci’s transfer,” insisted Giallorossi director Bruno Conti (pictured).

“Ferguson replied he would do something, but we never heard from him again. United are still behaving this way, it’s not sport and Ferguson is not acting in a sportsmanlike manner.

“The law still allows clubs to do what they want, but Michel Platini is talking to our Federation to resolve the problem.”

Empoli were the most recent ‘victims’ of allegedly underhand tactics when they saw 16-year-old Alberto Massacci and 18-year-old Manuel Pucciarelli picked up by Manchester last month.

“We are not happy. Manchester United do this kind of thing a lot because they know our regulations in Italy, whereby we cannot put our youth players on lucrative contracts,” moaned Empoli director Giuseppe Vitale in the Mail on Sunday.

“They didn't speak to us about our players. It is not right and they know it is not right. Platini must change the law so that when a big club come in and try to rob - and that is the right word, rob - us of our players, they must pay us a decent amount of money.”

Reggina have not forgotten the loss of 15-year-old defender Vincenzo Camilleri to Chelsea, reportedly picked up from the training ground in a helicopter.

"I think FIFA and UEFA should always punish clubs like Chelsea who steal players from smaller clubs,” President Pasquale ‘Lillo’ Foti told the News of the World.

"In Chelsea's case, their arrogance is quite obvious. And with the Kakuta case I can easily see the same procedure which they used with us. Someone should stop Chelsea and all the clubs which follow the same strategy.

"Chelsea took away one of our best players, who had been at Reggina three seasons. They didn't care that Reggina spent money and time on Camilleri.

"They didn't give us anything back. It was a shame, a serious scandal when you think neither UEFA nor FIFA sanctioned Chelsea.

"I have to say in my experience in football most of these cases come from England. And the reason is pretty simple, a Premier League club can offer a professional contract to a young players one year before Italy can.

"It means that if the family agree to move abroad - in this case, to London - there is no chance for us to keep the players. But this is something which should be changed."

Football Italia
dst
It's not stealing if it's allowed.
Jack Sparrow
+1... sadly!
Zed.D
Yeah it's not illegal but it's totally unsportsmanlike - it's like sucking small clubs' blood. well, I hope it will become illegal soon. I don't know why people hate Platini so much. he's trying to save football as far as I'm concerned!
I_Rossoneri
New stadium for Inter

Inter are set to leave the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza and relocate to a brand new ground by the start of the 2013-14 season.

According to Italian reports President Massimo Moratti has been thinking about this for a while now and should take the final decision in the near future.

Nicholas Gancikoff is one of the men in charge with the project and will take part in the “Sponsor’s Sports Venue Summit” in Munich to explain some key factors regarding the structure.

The stadium should have a capacity of a 60,000 and follow the example of Arsenal’s Emirates venue.

Proposed features include internal heating during the winter and seats with the name of season tickets holders on them.

Channel 4

Saw this on Sky sports news as well cool.gif
dst
Oh God please let this happen!!! Come on, let's buy San Siro!!! Let them play at Pirelli stadium!
Zed.D
Good news. we'll buy the San Siro and restructure it (as Galliani said we would if inter moved to a new stadium). awesome.
Jack Sparrow
As I understand, we could not buy the San Siro coz of municipal regulations. Nothing to do with Inter.
Tennie
Sure we could buy it. Just a matter of $$$ and red tape.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 7 2009, 04:38 PM) *
As I understand, we could not buy the San Siro coz of municipal regulations. Nothing to do with Inter.

According to (sorry Tennie!) goal.com that's what Juve did. they bought the delle Alpi, demolished it, and now they're building a stadium of their own on that site. unless there are different regulations in each province...
Jack Sparrow
Yes I believe there is. Since it belongs to the Milan Municipality as opposed to the Turin Municipality. But I'm sure now that there's only negotiating interest from the club's side, this deal can go through.

2 problems:

1) We have to be sure that Inter are indeed moving on.
2) If we do intend to redo the stadium where shall we play in the meantime. And btw..will it be renamed to San Siro finally? Even though he played a bit for Milan, I see no real reason why we should stick to such niceties.

Let Inter have their Pirelli Meazza stadium for all I care. I'd rather have a Gianni Rivera stadium. What's the consensus on the Berlusconi Arena? wink.gif tongue.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 7 2009, 04:41 PM) *
Yes I believe there is. Since it belongs to the Milan Municipality as opposed to the Turin Municipality. But I'm sure now that there's only negotiating interest from the club's side, this deal can go through.

2 problems:

1) We have to be sure that Inter are indeed moving on.
2) If we do intend to redo the stadium where shall we play in the meantime. And btw..will it be renamed to San Siro finally? Even though he played a bit for Milan, I see no real reason why we should stick to such niceties.

Let Inter have their Pirelli Meazza stadium for all I care. I'd rather have a Gianni Rivera stadium. What's the consensus on the Berlusconi Arena? wink.gif tongue.gif

Stadio Paolo Maldini. That's it.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 7 2009, 06:21 PM) *
Stadio Paolo Maldini. That's it.

I don't think we'd rebuild the stadium though, it probably would be a major renovation. (?)
Jack Sparrow
Don't like the idea of calling it after somebody who's still alive. I'm sure Paolo would feel weird coming to matches.

As long as it's not Adidas stadium or bwin.com stadium...I'm cool I guess.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 7 2009, 08:02 PM) *
Don't like the idea of calling it after somebody who's still alive. I'm sure Paolo would feel weird coming to matches.

Duh! Paolo is God, He will always be alive...
Zed.D
We're not going to rename it anyway! it's been San Siro for ~80 years and it will be San Siro in the future.
kurtsimonw
Italians: 'Brit clubs steal players'

Don't blame English clubs for doing nothing wrong. Blame Italian laws.
Tennie
Just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't unethical.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 7 2009, 09:50 PM) *
Just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't unethical.

Thankyou!!!

EPL coaches complain about the Italian and Spanish teams being diving cheats, but this is just as bad. Just because they do these deals under the radar does not make it any better.

But now they'll say that everybody is out to get the EPL because its the best league in the world bla bla rolleyes.gif
dst
True but exactly because it's not illegal it cannot be called stealing.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 7 2009, 09:23 PM) *
True but exactly because it's not illegal it cannot be called stealing.

Its not stealing, but like Tennie said its unethical, disrespectful and unsportsmen like.
han2503
The correct term is: 'Its like stealing candy from a baby'

The clubs cannot do anything about the laws of the country its not their faults that they can't hold on to their talents when big clubs from England come knocking with prefessional contracts
Tennie
http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=12&a=140913

Link to calciomercato article showing a cut-out from Gazzetta that lists player wages for all teams in Serie A. Figures are probably reasonably accurate.
kurtsimonw
I presume, for example, the 5 next to Pirlo is the millions of euros he earns per year?
Tennie
yup.
Zed.D
Pato 1 m/y... I swear this is not a fair world. puke.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 8 2009, 07:30 PM) *

This is what I was talking about when the whole contract/Chelsea issue came up. Its obvious he wants a better contract, Favalli gets paid better!! And Pato is arguably our best player. And when you look at what bench warmers like Kala/Dida are earning you really have to scratch your head.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 8 2009, 08:30 PM) *

I understand what you're saying, Pato is a great player. But be realistic, he's acheived nothing in his career, he's barely played 2 years of top level football.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 9 2009, 01:50 AM) *
I understand what you're saying, Pato is a great player. But be realistic, he's acheived nothing in his career, he's barely played 2 years of top level football.

He's still worth a lot more then a 1m per season, especially when concidering that duds like Kaladze, Dida, Janku, Oddo, Boriello, Favalli all make much better money then him. And concidering that if we do achieve anything this season it will be mostly down to him creating things out of nothing most of the time.

I'm not saying put him on a kaka salary, not even Pirlo. But at least he should be on the same both as Pippo/Ambro.
Zed.D
A plan of Roma's new stadium will be released next week according to a statement released on the club's website.

http://www.football-italia.net/sep10m.html

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 9 2009, 04:20 AM) *

I didn't expect you to say something like that to be honest...!

I think players must get paid based on what they do on the pitch not what they have archived in their careers. does that mean you think Dinho deserves that wage because he "was" an amazing player some years ago? or Dida? or even Kaladze? on the other hand should Pato get paid so little because he's a kid, disregarding of how good he performs for us??... I don't get it! unsure.gif

I don't say he should get 5m a year but 1 million for someone who's without a doubt been one of our best players over the past two seasons seems just unfair. especially when you think of the money we're wasting on some benchwarmers who never play.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 10 2009, 04:11 PM) *
A plan of Roma's new stadium will be released next week according to a statement released on the club's website.

http://www.football-italia.net/sep10m.html

I didn't expect you to say something like that to be honest...!

I think players must get paid based on what they do on the pitch not what they have archived in their careers. does that mean you think Dinho deserves that wage because he "was" an amazing player some years ago? or Dida? or even Kaladze? on the other hand should Pato get paid so little because he's a kid, disregarding of how good he performs for us??... I don't get it! unsure.gif

I don't say he should get 5m a year but 1 million for someone who's without a doubt been one of our best players over the past two seasons seems just unfair. especially when you think of the money we're wasting on some benchwarmers who never play.

What I meant was that he's not acheived anything with us, not other teams. Guys like Pirlo, AMbro, Rino, Nesta, etc, have earned their right to earn big money in Milan. I agree he should be on more than he is, but not by alot.
Jack Sparrow
Well to be fair..I don't think it's possible to keep slashing and upping wages depending on performance. The whole reason for a contract is STEADY PAY. So the whole..he is so much better than Pippo/Oddo/Dida etc thing is pointless. When those blokes signed those contracts they were 10x what Pato was.

I'm sure Pato will be signed onto a new contract of comparable wage. I think he should earn around 3 per season, starting from the next one.
MizNelson
It bugs me royally to hear people kvetch about how Pato is underpaid at 1 mil a year. It's his first top-level contract and, as Kurt said, he's barely been with us for two years. He has to earn the big paydays.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 11 2009, 06:13 AM) *
It bugs me royally to hear people kvetch about how Pato is underpaid at 1 mil a year. It's his first top-level contract and, as Kurt said, he's barely been with us for two years. He has to earn the big paydays.

Exactly. It annoys me when young players are earning a tonne of money, because surely when they get even better they'll want even more? Then it gets out of hand! Pato doesn't seem to be making a fuss of wanting more money though, which is good to see.
Zed.D
Well I'm not gonna waste mine or your time: I disagree with all of you. esp Miz... you know how some (or most) people feel about Dida being our 3rd best paid player and all (although I know you try not to care) so don't let your mind get bugged at me saying Pato deserves more than 1 m/y when he has been one of our best performers since January 2008.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 11 2009, 11:15 AM) *
Exactly. It annoys me when young players are earning a tonne of money, because surely when they get even better they'll want even more? Then it gets out of hand! Pato doesn't seem to be making a fuss of wanting more money though, which is good to see.

Tons of money? are you talking about Messi or C.Ronaldo or maybe some EPL youngsters? because last time I checked Pato earns 1 m/y which is a joke, even you take everything into consideration, it's still a joke.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 11 2009, 08:50 AM) *
Tons of money? are you talking about Messi or C.Ronaldo or maybe some EPL youngsters? because last time I checked Pato earns 1 m/y which is a joke, even you take everything into consideration, it's still a joke.

Did you not read my last sentence? I even mentioned that Pato doesn't seem to have kicked off a fuss about his contract, I defended him.

I was more referring to players like Nani who was rumoured to be looking for an improved contract. Despite hardly playing and being crap when he does.
han2503
Well it annoys me more to see Dida/Oddo/Kaladze getting the money they do when they're useless to us, and we're only keeping them because we're literally stuck with them. I'm not saying give Pato 7m a season, because I agree that he's too young for those sorts of numbers, but taking into consideration that he is one of our star players along with Pirlo and Nesta he should be earning more. Atleast 3m a season would be fair not this cr@p wehn you have bench warmers like Dida and Oddo leeching money off the club, no wonder they don't want to leave, their road is set, they do nothing while collecting their massive paychecks at the end of the month.

At Jack, I don't really care what Dida for example has done in the past, its what he's doing now that matters, and that is absolutely nothing. So its fair that Dinho is our best paid player when he's not even half the player he was 2 seasons ago, but the money is justified because he was great then. I really don't get this logic. The fact is that Dida/Dinho/Oddo/Kaladze do not deserve what they're getting.

And really I wouldn't care about this, because its not our money, but when you hear Galliani and co complain about Kaka and Pirlo's wages while we have these useless players taking in the ammounts they are it really p!sses me off to no end.
kurtsimonw
We've been agreeing on an awful lot lately han, what's wrong with us!?
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 11 2009, 10:54 AM) *

Must be a full moon... tongue.gif

But seriously you always disagree with dst, we usually only disagree when it comes to Rino/Ambro
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 11 2009, 11:01 AM) *
But seriously you always disagree with dst, we usually only disagree when it comes to Rino/Ambro

Yeah, that's true.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 11 2009, 03:07 AM) *
Well it annoys me more to see Dida/Oddo/Kaladze getting the money they do when they're useless to us, and we're only keeping them because we're literally stuck with them. I'm not saying give Pato 7m a season, because I agree that he's too young for those sorts of numbers, but taking into consideration that he is one of our star players along with Pirlo and Nesta he should be earning more. Atleast 3m a season would be fair not this cr@p wehn you have bench warmers like Dida and Oddo leeching money off the club, no wonder they don't want to leave, their road is set, they do nothing while collecting their massive paychecks at the end of the month.

At Jack, I don't really care what Dida for example has done in the past, its what he's doing now that matters, and that is absolutely nothing. So its fair that Dinho is our best paid player when he's not even half the player he was 2 seasons ago, but the money is justified because he was great then. I really don't get this logic. The fact is that Dida/Dinho/Oddo/Kaladze do not deserve what they're getting.

And really I wouldn't care about this, because its not our money, but when you hear Galliani and co complain about Kaka and Pirlo's wages while we have these useless players taking in the ammounts they are it really p!sses me off to no end.

ouch, you are like stalin no sympathy, no soul for a poor man who has been plagued by injury and misfortune through the later stages of his career. He deserves a home, a chance to retire in the club he's given so much to. Is it really that big a deal giving him a few extra million to make sure his retirement is set for life? I mean after all that he's given us for so many years. Poor Dida, no wonder he's lost his confidence after comments like these, anyone would.

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 12 2009, 08:36 AM) *
ouch, you are like stalin no sympathy, no soul for a poor man who has been plagued by injury and misfortune through the later stages of his career. He deserves a home, a chance to retire in the club he's given so much to. Is it really that big a deal giving him a few extra million to make sure his retirement is set for life? I mean after all that he's given us for so many years. Poor Dida, no wonder he's lost his confidence after comments like these, anyone would.

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Like I said here, its not my money, but when I hear Galliani and co complain about the wages of players that do actually deserve what they're earning and even going as far as to sell Kaka and almost selling Pirlo as well because of wages and the money going out in wages it really p!sses me off as they see these guys as surplus while Dida and co are getting the kind of money they are for doing absolutely nothing. And again I don't care what they did in the past, no one seemed to take into account what Kaka has done for us before they sold him to the first highest bidder in order to keep paying these useless players the high wages they's currently paying them.

And let's not kid ourselves, they're still at the club because the managment is stuck with them, they could afford to tear up Kalac's contract because it didn't cost them a lot, but tearing up Dida's/Oddo's/Kaladze's contract would cost millions.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 11 2009, 01:24 PM) *

How come you agree with what han says when it's basically what I said? unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 12 2009, 01:51 PM) *
How come you agree with what han says when it's basically what I said? unsure.gif

You barely said anything like han to be honest. You were pretty much saying Pato deserves to be on more while han was saying useless players deserve to be on less, especially when our management complain we're tight on money - which I agree with. At least that's how I saw it.
kurtsimonw
What's the 1 minute silence at the start of the Lazio-Juventus game for?
Tennie
A former Lazio player who died this week.
Zed.D
Caceres scores for Juve on his debut rolleyes.gif Juve are both strong and lucky this season rolleyes.gif DAMN IT mad.gif
Zed.D
Lazio 0-2 Juve.

Juve's signings continue to make the difference...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.