Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Tennie
I'm not sure precisely what was said but Sneijder is quoted by tuttomercatoweb and mediaset as saying that his temper got the best of him and that he knew once he'd done it that he'd get sent off.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 26 2010, 10:00 AM) *
* Materazzi cautioned for the Berlusconi mask thing.

huh.gif I didn't realize it was a mask of Berlusconi, I was wondering who it was supposed to be. laugh.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I'm not sure precisely what was said but Sneijder is quoted by tuttomercatoweb and mediaset as saying that his temper got the best of him and that he knew once he'd done it that he'd get sent off.

You have to respect honesty of that nature. Referee has taken stick for a bad display, but he's taken most abuse for that moment which the player himself is admitting was justified.
Tennie
Yep. At least Sneijder isn't accusing the whole of Italy of conspiring against his team unlike others connected with the club.
kurtsimonw
Materazzi was warned for wearing a mask? What a joke. laugh.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 26 2010, 08:22 PM) *
Materazzi was warned for wearing a mask? What a joke. laugh.gif

Dangerous things, masks.
dst
Plus, it's damaging Berlusconi's good image!
Tennie
Coppa game today: FT Roma 1-0 Catania, goal by De Rossi. Roma advance.
Fishdoll
Oboy, the Viola fans are gonna freak about this.

Mediaset (and eurosport and the others) is reporting that Adrian Mutu has tested positive for sibutramina, a banned substance (it's a weight loss drug that stimulates norepinephrine and seratonin in the brain, usually used for morbidly obese people).

Given that he's previously tested positive for cocaine, he could face a very long ban.
Jack Sparrow
LMAO...he can't pay the Chelsea compensation...how the hell is he gonna get out of this one. Perhaps they'll do a Juve and let the medics take the fall for this one.
Zed.D
He never learns, does he...?
Jack Sparrow
I suppose it's some kind of addiction... dunno...
Fishdoll
So, another Coppa game going on. 10 minutes in, it's:

blue and black team from Milan 0 - 1 gobbi. Goal by Diego.

And there's pre-calciopoli refereeing by Signor Damato for this one, much as i hate to admit it. Not only was a clear penalty (handball by melo in the area) not called, but the halftime whistle was blown just as the blue and black team was in the middle of a play on goal.
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 28 2010, 09:00 PM) *
So, another Coppa game going on. 10 minutes in, it's:

blue and black team from Milan 0 - 1 gobbi. Goal by Diego.

And there's pre-calciopoli refereeing by Signor Damato for this one, much as i hate to admit it. Not only was a clear penalty (handball by melo in the area) not called, but the halftime whistle was blown just as the blue and black team was in the middle of a play on goal.

It's not like Inter don't get any favours, especially in the league games...
Fishdoll
FT other-team-that-plays-in-milano 2-1 gobbi.

Meh.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Football Italia)
I have always thought that when life gives you a second chance you should seize it. Think about Ebeneezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol who gets the opportunity to see how little the world would mourn his passing.

You would cherish every day after that experience, wouldn’t you? And, more importantly, you would surely never make the same mistakes again. It struck me that the same was true for Fiorentina’s errant striker Adrian Mutu, a man who has known his share of sporting turmoil – some of it self-inflicted.

He was banned from the game for taking cocaine but he served his time and looked to be completely rehabilitated. Indeed, it seemed there was a renewed zest in his approach to enjoy the sport which had been denied him for some time. Just one text message changed all that. “Have you seen your man Mutu has tested positive again?” it said.

I hoped the information would prove incorrect but confirmation soon followed with a news story outlining the outcome of checks following the recent Fiorentina match with Bari. The Romanian had indeed tested positive for sibutramine, an appetite suppressant, and could face a four-year ban.

It is news which has left Fiorentina fans reeling. The best case scenario is that there turns out to be some fault with the tests and he is cleared of any offence. But the worst case could effectively end his career.

If he did take a banned substance, something which has yet to be fully established, it smacks of sheer stupidity given the price he already had to pay for a previous infringement. He will have let himself, his club and his supporters down and thrown away a second chance which some people are not lucky enough to get.

This is just sad.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 28 2010, 07:06 PM) *
LMAO...he can't pay the Chelsea compensation...how the hell is he gonna get out of this one. Perhaps they'll do a Juve and let the medics take the fall for this one.

He was cleared for that, wasn't he?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 29 2010, 12:57 AM) *
This is just sad.

Who wrote that?
Fishdoll
My fins are all twirly after this recent bit of transfer business.

Crespo ---> Parma
Amorouso ---> Atalanta
Acquafresca ---> Genoa

Whee.

(according to tuttomercatoweb)
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jan 28 2010, 03:43 PM) *
FT other-team-that-plays-in-milano 2-1 gobbi.

Meh.

If Coppa Italia is so trivial, why did most of the starters play for both teams in this game? I could see Inter doing it, since they have some cushion, but Juve's got so many injury problems they can't be very deep right now. And 25,000 people attended, according to the ESPN box score.
dst
QUOTE (servbot @ Jan 30 2010, 12:33 AM) *
If Coppa Italia is so trivial, why did most of the starters play for both teams in this game? I could see Inter doing it, since they have some cushion, but Juve's got so many injury problems they can't be very deep right now. And 25,000 people attended, according to the ESPN box score.

It's not about the Coppa Italia, it's about winning the particular game. Juve, Inter and Milan will always play their best squad if they meet even in Coppa and so will Roma with Lazio and all the other local rivals. Then they might field the youth squad in the next round again... biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
The CRA are very proud chickens today. FT in the early Saturday game: Bari 4-2 Palermo. 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif

Fishdoll
The second game yesterday was a 0-0 draw between Napoli and Genoa.

Today, Parma-badmilanteam has been cancelled due to health and safety concerns. Parma got a lot of snow.

Interesting bit of transfer news: Lazio have signed Thomas Hitzlsperger (ex of Stuttgart and Villa).
Zed.D
Juve just "gifted" a penalty. 1-0 rolleyes.gif
Tennie
But Lazio equalized. smile.gif FT 1-1.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 31 2010, 11:20 PM) *
But Lazio equalized. smile.gif FT 1-1.

How long has it been since Juve won a game? unsure.gif
Tennie
A while. I think the last win was their Coppa game.
Jack Sparrow
Let's not laugh too soon. I have a feeling...we are at risk of a downward spiral myself.
Darunia
Rumor that Juventus might start playing something similar to a 3-4-1-2

Cannavaro Legrotallie Chiellini
Caceres Melo Candreva De Ceglie
Diego
Amauri Del Piero

Tho Caceres and De Ceglie are FBs so they can come back if necessary.
Jack Sparrow
Weird formation...too much depending on the front 3 bringing in their A-game...which face it, if they had been doing all this time, Juve wouldn't in such deep shite.

Defensive wingers are good if you have genius in the centre....the old Milan 4-3-1-2 will kill this formation....our current set up, if we have Pato instead of Beckham.

Of course...it might be a different game plan altogether...and I just might have misunderstood things.

EDIT: Now I have no idea, why I started yapping like this. I'm watching too much Initial-D where after every 10 minutes you hear dialogues like - "Oh but the R-32 heavier load means as the race progresses the brakes will wear out that's when the lighter 8-6 will take advantage!" wacko.gif
dst
Juve's problem is not the formation. Their defense sucks, Cannavaro is pretty mediocre these days, Legroattaglie has always been. Then in attack, they rely on a way past his prime Del Piero and an overrated Amauri who really is not anything more than a good player. Diego is no Zidane, what they're asking of him is too much.
il_diavolo_mtl
cagliari is really proving to be a surprise in Serie A, those sardinians are really making quite the run.

Jack Sparrow
Their coach is who I had in mind as a replacement for Carletto. He's excellent...but I wasn't not sure how he is in dealing with stars. Not to mention you can never tell with these provincial teams. The coach might be good, but the back end management makes him look genius.

Like Ramos and Sevilla. I used to rate him higher than Mourinho.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 3 2010, 10:54 AM) *
Their coach is who I had in mind as a replacement for Carletto. He's excellent...but I wasn't not sure how he is in dealing with stars. Not to mention you can never tell with these provincial teams. The coach might be good, but the back end management makes him look genius.

Like Ramos and Sevilla. I used to rate him higher than Mourinho.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jack Sparrow
I did...before he joined Spurs that is...you have to admit what he did with Sevilla was just superlative. Ask kurt. But then we never realised how much of that credit needs to be split with Del Nido and his team.
Fishdoll
Well done both to the donkeys and to Genoa.

This Sunday, Chievo travel to the Marassi to take on Genoa.

Along with the usual travelling support, there'll be two a special bus (with parent chaperones) of the young donkey fans. They'll sit with their young Genoa counterparts at the game and then everyone will have dinner together. (link to article).

A very nice thing to see.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 1 2010, 09:44 AM) *
Let's not laugh too soon. I have a feeling...we are at risk of a downward spiral myself.

I think you mean "ourselves." Come on, Jack. For crying out loud.
Jack Sparrow
sleep.gif It was a cry for attention...from you...and it worked. biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
FT Livorno 1-1 gobbi

Felipe Melo got a red card in the second half. Former (or on loan) Milan players Diniz, Perticone, and Di Gennaro played for Livorno.

In the early game, it was FT Palermo 2-1 Parma.
Jack Sparrow
Oh God...7 or 8 years ago, I would have been thrilled with this result. Now I just feel sorry for Juve. We drew too..I know that... but still... sleep.gif
Tennie
There was a make-up game today (from the games cancelled due to snow).

FT Parma 1-1 bad team. smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
I was pleased when i saw the score as well! smile.gif

Edit: Lets hope we can manage to make up some points on Fri againt Udinese! wink.gif
Zed.D
Juve won ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Wk24: Alex revives Juventus
Alex Del Piero's controversial penalty gave Juventus a rare victory over Genoa, while Edy Reja wins his Lazio debut.

Referees trying their best to help Juve return to the CL zone.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 7 2010, 01:33 PM) *
Oh God...7 or 8 years ago, I would have been thrilled with this result. Now I just feel sorry for Juve. We drew too..I know that... but still... sleep.gif

Juve are almost too pathetic to hate these days.

And that's amusing for me to say it, given they're my second most hated team ever behind Celtic.
Zed.D
You hate Juve more than Inter? hm...
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 14 2010, 01:35 PM) *
Juve are almost too pathetic to hate these days.

And that's amusing for me to say it, given they're my second most hated team ever behind Celtic.

huh.gif ...shocking ohmy.gif (literally)
Danny
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 14 2010, 04:40 PM) *
You hate Juve more than Inter? hm...

5 years ago most of us did. Because Juve were #1 and Inter were also-rans. Juve were the big boring brutal b@stards who were always at the top, we were second, and Inter were drawing every match.

Nowadays everyone hates Inter more (mostly because they're top), except me. I don't see a lot to hate - they're extremely good and deserve to be where they are. They don't really do much to annoy me except be extremely good.

Juve, otoh, were anti-football at its worst.
Danny
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Feb 14 2010, 04:54 PM) *
huh.gif ...shocking ohmy.gif (literally)

Which part?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 14 2010, 11:28 AM) *
5 years ago most of us did. Because Juve were #1 and Inter were also-rans. Juve were the big boring brutal b@stards who were always at the top, we were second, and Inter were drawing every match.

Nowadays everyone hates Inter more (mostly because they're top), except me. I don't see a lot to hate - they're extremely good and deserve to be where they are. They don't really do much to annoy me except be extremely good.

Juve, otoh, were anti-football at its worst.

I'd thought you would hate inter due to their constant insulting of and degration of our club. They call us names like Bilan and old retirement home and etc etc..
Protagonist
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 14 2010, 10:30 PM) *
I'd thought you would hate inter due to their constant insulting of and degration of our club. They call us names like Bilan and old retirement home and etc etc..

I think what he meant was Juventus the team & Inter the team, not their respective fan base
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.