Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Tennie
I'd like to know the source of that article. smile.gif
dst
^^Don't tell her! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 28 2009, 01:55 PM) *
your just jealous cool.gif

Well no so much... I don't wank professionally.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 28 2009, 05:13 AM) *
I'd like to know the source of that article. smile.gif

Sorry at the request of the ultimate "mod" I cannot reveal my sources tongue.gif

oh and...

MOURINHO IS GODS GIFT TO MANKIND king.gif
Bluesummers

the special one king.gif

Bluesummers

Who needs dr. Oz, when you have dr. special one king.gif

Tennie
The special offense to the sport? True enough, Mourinho is certainly that.smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 26 2009, 10:26 PM) *
Aren't co-ownerships wonderful. You have a promising player, practically give half of him away, he flourishes, then we spend alot to get him back. They're literally throwing money away, it's getting beyond ridiculous all this co-ownership crap.

Only for Milan... dry.gif sleep.gif
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 28 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Sorry at the request of the ultimate "mod" I cannot reveal my sources tongue.gif

oh and...

MOURINHO IS GODS GIFT TO MANKIND king.gif

No seriously where did you get that from?

God is pissed with mankind then!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 28 2009, 12:55 PM) *
your just jealous cool.gif

I wouldn't be jealous of Mourinho even if I were a Charlton fan.
kurtsimonw
Thank God for Jose.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2009, 07:30 PM) *
Thank God for Jose.

Jose is proof that there is no God.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 28 2009, 05:53 PM) *

Which means Jose is even more fantastic, don't you think?
dst
Oh I wish he was fantastic.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 28 2009, 06:09 AM) *
The special offense to the sport? True enough, Mourinho is certainly that.smile.gif

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 28 2009, 10:05 AM) *
I wouldn't be jealous of Mourinho even if I were a Charlton fan.

your both just jealous.

Say what you want, but the special one is the greatest coach the world has ever seen. By the time he is finished his career no other coach will have been as successful as him.

Just take a look at this winning percentages with his teams, wink.gif Not even Sacci has done that with the super stacked milan.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2009, 10:30 AM) *
Thank God for Jose.

Indeed amen. We must give thanks for god's gift to mankind innocent.gif
Bluesummers
why we like him?

Since we're not matching wits with Jose Mourinho, we can graciously admire his strategic coaching mastery from the sidelines. He's as confident as they come and he boasts a recent track record of success; no wonder he's the world's highest-paid football (or, to North Americans, soccer) manager.

why is he famous?

Some call him arrogant, others call him confident. Either way, Mourinho spews enough brash comments and has enough swagger to secure a spot in the spotlight. He doesn't just talk the talk, though; he's done his share of walking, managing FC Porto to the top of the Champions League in 2004 and, in a more profiled job, leading Chelsea to their first English Premiership title in 50 years, in 2005.

Mourinho is considered to be one of the best coaches in Europe, having won four consecutive league titles (two at Porto and two at Chelsea) and also the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Cup with Porto. For two consecutive years (2004 and 2005), Mourinho was named the world's best football coach by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS). He is well-known for his self-belief, dapper attire, and has at times been a controversial figure.

link
han2503
His magic is wearing thin blue

He was famous in Englan mostly because Benitez, SAF and Wenger played into him and war of words ensude, in Italy its different, no one wants to give him any fuel to light any fires and you can see that its getting to him.

By looking at his results, you can even say that Mancini is better then him as Inter had a better record under Mancini, now he's lost the Supercup to Lazio no less. And I think we'll see Juve upsetting Inter and taking the title this season.

Like when he was at Chelsea it was easy for him to grab 2 titles in a row when all the other big clubs were going through a tough time, you had Man U crashing out last in the CL group in one of those years. But the moment Man U got their act together, Chelsea lost the title. Now at Inter he had it easy last season, now that Juve have strengthened we could easily see him lose the title. Also the fact that he won his only CL in one of the most bizarre CLs in recent times, were the competition went into the final stages and a lot of weak teams were left, you can see by the final, Porto vs Monaco, not the biggest game ever played in a CL final rolleyes.gif

He never did it again at Chelsea and he failed miserably last season with Inter as well, think about it, it took a man from Isreal to finally see Chelsea go to the final, Mourinho couldn't even achieve that.

And what's really so likeable about him, he's a grade A @hole through and through. he's a media wh@re that would even pick on a fly if it passed by him just so he could get in the papers.
Bluesummers
your wrong han. Besides he's still italian serie A champion and if he does it again what you say is irrelevant. But lets look at his stats:

Individual honours

UEFA Manager of the Year (2): 2002/03, 2003/04

World Soccer Magazine Coach of the Year (2): 2003/04, 2004/05

BBC Sports Personality of Year Coach Award: 2004/05

FA Premier League Manager of the Year (2): 2004/05, 2005/06

IFFHS World Manager of the Year (2): 2004, 2005

Manager of the Month, FA Premier League (3): November 2004, January 2005, March 2007

Managerial honours

Futebol Clube do Porto

* Portuguese Liga: 2002-03, 2003-04
* Taça de Portugal: 2002-03
* SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
* UEFA Champions League: 2004
* UEFA Cup: 2003

Chelsea F.C.

* FA Premier League: 2004-05, 2005-06
* FA Cup: 2007
* Football League Cup: 2005, 2007
* FA Community Shield: 2005

F.C. Internazionale Milano

* Serie A: 2008-09
* Supercoppa Italiana: 2008

not even carlo has achieved these stats. He deserves credit! He is only 46 years old, so he's still got 20 years at least, which will make him the best in the world. Once Ferguson retires at man united, he'll return to england and dominate for many years to come.

Shame that he can never coach milan now sad.gif
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 28 2009, 11:03 PM) *
Say what you want, but the special one is the greatest coach the world has ever seen. By the time he is finished his career no other coach will have been as successful as him.

Ah sorry I did not know of these facts... rolleyes.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 28 2009, 04:06 PM) *
Ah sorry I did not know of these facts... rolleyes.gif

you will know of these facts in 20 years tongue.gif
Zed.D
the special one is the greatest coach the world has ever seen

Whoa, hold your horses! there's no such thing as the absolute best. he's one of the greatest coaches of this era but that's it for now...
nuh
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 28 2009, 10:32 AM) *
ABSOLUTE LEGEND!! GODLIKE!!!! laugh.gif

THERE IS ONLY ONE MOURINHO king.gif

why are this because of what he said about ramadan
han2503
blue, you're showing me what he won, I already knew those things, and I said what I though about them in my post above.

By looking at his results, you can even say that Mancini is better then him as Inter had a better record under Mancini, now he's lost the Supercup to Lazio no less. And I think we'll see Juve upsetting Inter and taking the title this season.

Like when he was at Chelsea it was easy for him to grab 2 titles in a row when all the other big clubs were going through a tough time, you had Man U crashing out last in the CL group in one of those years. But the moment Man U got their act together, Chelsea lost the title. Now at Inter he had it easy last season, now that Juve have strengthened we could easily see him lose the title. Also the fact that he won his only CL in one of the most bizarre CLs in recent times, were the competition went into the final stages and a lot of weak teams were left, you can see by the final, Porto vs Monaco, not the biggest game ever played in a CL final

Mancini sailed through the 2 titles he won, Mourinho scraped it. He lost the Supercup now that he doesn't have Ibra winning games for him, just like he had Drogba at Chelsea. And with all the money and hype during his Chelsea stint, he still couldn't manage to give them what they wanted, which is the CL, not the comunity shield or the FA Cup. His CL win with Porto, as I said above, the final was played against Monaco, that says it all.
han2503
I'm taking anothe rpage out of kurt's book, he says that Gattuso is only so famous and concidered great because he's controversial and get's in people's faces. This applies to Mourinho. As I said above he tries to take swipes at everything in site just to get the media going, he's an attention seaker. One of the main reasons he's unhappy in Italy is because non of the coaches are buying into it, while in England the media ate everything he said and you had all the other managers engaging him in war of words, which is exactly what he wants
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 29 2009, 12:08 AM) *
you will know of these facts in 20 years tongue.gif

I do so LOVE omnipotent prophets.
kurtsimonw
He is one of the best coaches of all time, in my opinion. What he has done at such a young age is quite outstanding. People will talk about it being 'easy' to win title in England and Italy (which is completely untrue), but what he did at Porto was magnificent. I don't think a club from a 'small' country will win the European Cup again for some time.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2009, 11:58 PM) *
He is one of the best coaches of all time, in my opinion. What he has done at such a young age is quite outstanding. People will talk about it being 'easy' to win title in England and Italy (which is completely untrue), but what he did at Porto was magnificent. I don't think a club from a 'small' country will win the European Cup again for some time.

They had a pretty easy run up to it aside from the last 16 against Man U, and you have to admit that Man U weren't having the best of years back then.

You also have to look at the team Mourinho had back then, Deco, Bosingwa, Carvalho all part of that team. They certainly were a stronger Porto side then today.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 29 2009, 01:11 AM) *
They had a pretty easy run up to it aside from the last 16 against Man U, and you have to admit that Man U weren't having the best of years back then.

There's no such thing as an 'easy run'. If anything, you could say it was one of the toughest European Cups in recent history, because the 'poor' teams kept knocking out all the good teams, the only reason they get it 'easy' is because the bigger clubs were getting owned. I don't personally rate the Champions League all that highly myself, the competition was ruined in 1992, but as far as CLs go, this was no worse than any other.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 29 2009, 01:11 AM) *
You also have to look at the team Mourinho had back then, Deco, Bosingwa, Carvalho all part of that team. They certainly were a stronger Porto side then today.

But before Jose's Porto won the UEFA Cup in 2003, nobody had even heard of half of these players. He put a very good side together and his knack for finding great players has lead him to success. It's easy to say in hindsight that they were great players, but had Milan been linked to any of these guys in 2002 or something, it'd have been "Who the **** are they?".
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 28 2009, 05:49 PM) *

which is why you support arsenal right? I mean your coach is the biggest prophet of them all. "just wait, once all these kids mature and grow into worldclass players, arsenal will be the best team in the world!"

all the "WE TRUST IN ARSENE" slogan billboards held up by the fans is quite humorous.

and the best part of it all is,

13 years under wenger, Arsenal has yet to win the champions league laugh.gif

oh and Mourinho is better than wenger, fact.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2009, 06:16 PM) *
There's no such thing as an 'easy run'. If anything, you could say it was one of the toughest European Cups in recent history, because the 'poor' teams kept knocking out all the good teams, the only reason they get it 'easy' is because the bigger clubs were getting owned. I don't personally rate the Champions League all that highly myself, the competition was ruined in 1992, but as far as CLs go, this was no worse than any other.

But before Jose's Porto won the UEFA Cup in 2003, nobody had even heard of half of these players. He put a very good side together and his knack for finding great players has lead him to success. It's easy to say in hindsight that they were great players, but had Milan been linked to any of these guys in 2002 or something, it'd have been "Who the **** are they?".

+1 exactly. I was going to respond to han, but kurt already has done that for me cool.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 29 2009, 03:07 AM) *
13 years under wenger, Arsenal has yet to win the champions league laugh.gif

I don't exactly love the guy, but what he's done at Arsenal is exceptional.
Bluesummers
Yes its amazing because hes spent very little money compared to others. But how many trophies hes gotten in his 13 years is rather dissapointing when you look at fergi..
il_diavolo_mtl
Jumping in a bit late in the conversation i found several posts that needed retorting

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 28 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Caroline will have your head on a pike!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Aug 28 2009, 07:49 PM) *

almost as much as i love Mourinho tongue.gif

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2009, 08:11 PM) *

The fact you know the names of the players porto had that year Is BECAUSE of Mourinho!!!
Great coaches makes stars out of the unknown

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 29 2009, 12:32 AM) *
Yes its amazing because hes spent very little money compared to others. But how many trophies hes gotten in his 13 years is rather dissapointing when you look at fergi..

In all fairness once arsenal cleans up their Debt, with all the other teams going the opposite direction, Arsenal will be SCARY! and they are almost done too
nuh
Blue answer my question
Bluesummers
QUOTE (nuh @ Aug 29 2009, 04:37 AM) *
Blue answer my question

sorry nuh, I didn't understand your question earlier. What are you asking exactly?
han2503
@ blue, Wenger didn't/doesn't have the resources that Mou had at Chelsea, and he still managed to at least get them to a CL final, something that Mou didn't achive with Chelsea.
il_diavolo_mtl
Watching Bari vs Bologna and i REALY like this kid alvarez on the right wing for Bari he is the fastest thing on the field and has a good skill set smile.gif
Tennie
He is. The Bari fans, btw, are furious that the city let the pitch get into that state (it's a mess, for those who aren't watching). Lots of pans to the crowd, where the new American owner is sitting.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 29 2009, 12:31 PM) *
He is. The Bari fans, btw, are furious that the city let the pitch get into that state (it's a mess, for those who aren't watching). Lots of pans to the crowd, where the new American owner is sitting.

i noticed that and thought i t was weird, did they fire the groundkeeping staff to sign donati?
Tennie
Like with most stadiums in Italy, the city owns the stadium, not the club. So it's the city's fault for dropping the ball on this one. I'm wondering if it's a start of season thing for some cities as the pitch at the Franchi in Florence was just as bad last week. You'd think they'd lay new sod if needed BEFORE the season starts.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 29 2009, 09:32 AM) *
@ blue, Wenger didn't/doesn't have the resources that Mou had at Chelsea, and he still managed to at least get them to a CL final, something that Mou didn't achive with Chelsea.

well mourinho at least has won the CL. Wenger has not.
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 29 2009, 06:06 PM) *
well mourinho at least has won the CL. Wenger has not.

I was referring to Chelsea. Mourinho was Exclusively brought in to bring the CL to Chelsea, and it wasn't even him that ultimately took them to the final but Avrham Grant!!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 29 2009, 11:28 PM) *
I was referring to Chelsea. Mourinho was Exclusively brought in to bring the CL to Chelsea, and it wasn't even him that ultimately took them to the final but Avrham Grant!!

Er.. I think you'll find he wasn't. There's a little thing called the English League title that Chelsea hadn't won for half a century, I don't think Chelsea fans exactly find it disappointing that he won that.. twice.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 29 2009, 11:20 PM) *
Er.. I think you'll find he wasn't. There's a little thing called the English League title that Chelsea hadn't won for half a century, I don't think Chelsea fans exactly find it disappointing that he won that.. twice.

Any coach could have done what he did with the team that he had, the CL is Chelsea's holy grail, something that they've never achieved before, its what was expected of Mourinho after his success with Porto, he failed to deliver big time, not even managing to reach the final.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2009, 12:28 AM) *
Any coach could have done what he did with the team that he had

Not sure. Ranieri failed, Grant failed, Scolari failed. Ancelotti will probably fail too. Winning the EPL really aint that easy, there's a reason why 4 teams have only won it.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 29 2009, 11:32 PM) *
Not sure. Ranieri failed, Grant failed, Scolari failed. Ancelotti will probably fail too. Winning the EPL really aint that easy, there's a reason why 4 teams have only won it.

Ranieri... No comment, same goes for Grant who came in during the middle of the season were Mourinho wasn't doing so great either.

You can't really say what Carlo might or might not achieve he's only just started, although for the record I think he'll fail as well, he's not cut out for the Premier league imo. Same goes for Scolari. I think its a problem of getting the right coach, I mean had Cappello been brought in instead of Scolari Chelsea would have probably won it, because his teams are machines when it comes to winning.

Mourinho had a team that millions were spent in order build a great side, he got whatever he asked for, whether that's an overly priced Drogba or bringing in a dud like Ferreira just because he was part of his Porto team, he had the full backing of the club. He should have achieved more then a measly semi final appearance in the CL
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2009, 12:40 AM) *
I mean had Cappello been brought in instead of Scolari Chelsea would have probably won it, because his teams are machines when it comes to winning.

See, I think as Jose's teams as machines and they do share characteristics with Fabio's teams. During his Chelsea reign he was often considered too defensive and boring. As soon as they went 1-0, you may as well have gone home, it was game over and Fabio's teams are alot like that, in my opinion.

People will say Jose had great players or whatever at Chelsea, yet how come guys like Terry and Lampard get labelled as over-rated, English crap all the time? Even at Inter, everyone says their defenders are crap, Muntari is crap, Stankovic is rubbish, Vieira is past it, etc. Yet Jose still wins with them.

I think Jose is a truly great coach and I always have. I don't care if people don't agree with me and it doesn't matter, he really is special and his arrogance or people not liking his jokes won't take that away from him. Managers are judged by their results and his are fantastic.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2009, 02:28 AM) *
Any coach could have done what he did with the team that he had, the CL is Chelsea's holy grail, something that they've never achieved before, its what was expected of Mourinho after his success with Porto, he failed to deliver big time, not even managing to reach the final.

I disagree. I think winning two titles back-to-back with Chelsea is the best thing he has achieved and I don't think anyone would do it. It's much bigger than his CL win with Porto.
Suhail 3
this is the serie a thread not prem kurtis dst n co ... on another note juve roma should be good later on
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Aug 30 2009, 12:04 PM) *
this is the serie a thread not prem kurtis dst n co ... on another note juve roma should be good later on

Get'em Tiger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.