Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 2 2009, 12:34 AM) *
I can't see anybody but Inter winning the title for quite a long time.

i hope your totally and utterly wrong laugh.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 4 2009, 07:02 AM) *
The last international break of 2009, yes.

amancik
Inter have a game against Roma, hopefully Roma will take at least 2 points of off em'. They usually do well against Inter. While Milan, well we need to take advantage of Lazio's poor form. Anyways, because Lazio's an attacking team, that can only be good for us.
Tennie
One note of interest in the cugini's call ups for their game v. Roma: Davide Santon was not called up for the game. He wasn't called up for their previous league game either.

dst
Let's snatch him and Balotelli! biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 7 2009, 11:01 AM) *
Let's snatch him and Balotelli! biggrin.gif

Wishful thinking to say the least. wink.gif
ReMad

Atalanta - Juventus
Saturday November 7, 20:30 CET
Azzurri d'Italia, Bergamo

:: Goals ::

0-1 Camoranesi Min.36
Click Here for Video

0-2 Camoranesi Min.37
Click Here for Video

1-2 Valdés Min.50
Click Here for Video

1-3 Melo Min.55
Click Here for Video

2-3 Ceravolo Min.71
Click Here for Video

2-4 Diego Min.85
Click Here for Video

2-5 Trézéguet Min.86
Click Here for Video

:: Extras ::

Camoranesi Shot Min.10
Click Here for Video

Juventus Disallowed Goal Min.28
Click Here for Video

Tennie
The early game today was Catania-Napoli. It ended 0-0 and was actually a rather entertaining game. Catania were really unlucky not to win as overall they had the better of the play.

The Atalanta-gobbi game that ReMad provided clips for above was also pretty entertaining -- the gobbi looked like they were going to throw it away until the end when they got two quick goals. They need to sort out their defense. It's looking icky.
Tennie
Fishdoll goodness. cugini 0-1 Roma. Goal Vucinic.
Zed.D
Boring, boring 1st half. I'm not going to watch the 2nd half.

Will Roma be the first team to beat Mourinho at home in more than 7 years? I highly doubt it.
Tennie
Probably not. Eto'o equalized in the 48th min.

EDIT:

And the cugini are back to their old, thuggish ways. They've already injured DeRossi to the point tha the had to be subbed. Perrotta just had to be carried off too.
Zed.D
Tennie, do you know the date for Juve Inter game?
Tennie
December 5, zeddie, per Lega Calcio.
Zed.D
Thanks for looking it up.

Isn't the game finished yet?
Tennie
FT cugini 1-1 Roma.

So now we're 7 points behind 'em.
CrazyMilanFan
good result
Tennie
Fishdoll mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif -10 cookies to Patrick Vieira for breaking Daniele De Rossi's cheekbone with a well placed elbow.

De Rossi will have surgery tomorrow (according to eurosport) and is almost certain to miss the upcoming Azzurri friendlies.
Zed.D
QUOTE (goal.com)
Patrick Vieira has made a career out of elbowing opponents. Seriously, how many players has the Frenchman injured over the years when jumping up for headers? Yesterday it was Daniele De Rossi, who suffered a fractured cheekbone. With those wings – I declare a new name for the 33-year-old – Bat-rick Vieira!
kurtsimonw
De Rossi had better not complain about it.

Tennie
It still doesn't make Vieira (or Inter) any less of a thug.smile.gif

That said, it's been quite a while since they were that bad.
Bluesummers
I'm personally kind of happy de rossi is injured. I hope he is injured for a good while, that will benefit it us in the long term for the Serie A. Being our objective is 3rd I really don't care if Inter win or not, I care more about the likes of Samp, roma, fio and others.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 10 2009, 01:10 AM) *
De Rossi had better not complain about it.

True. That's what I thought when I read the report.

But De Rossi went off with a red card, while Viera continued to play.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 10 2009, 05:14 AM) *
True. That's what I thought when I read the report.

But De Rossi went off with a red card, while Viera continued to play.

Yeah, I just meant Rossi can't complain about the elbow when he's done it himself.

Though I think he'd have a right to be annoyed about the outcome, I just assumed Vieira was sent off. Was it deliberate? Why wasn't he sent off, the officials didn't see it?
Jack Sparrow
Yeah...the official didn't 'see' it. rolleyes.gif Inter is innocent of calciopoli too , I might add.

Sorry...I'm raking up a non-existent issue. He probably didn't see it..in actual fact.
kurtsimonw
Oh come on! Innocent until proven guilty, they've yet to be proven guilty so therefore are innocent. Stop being silly! biggrin.gif
MizNelson
The Lippi-Cassano saga just get odder and odder.

QUOTE (Football Italia)
Cassano hit my son, jokes Lippi
Wednesday 11 November, 2009
Italy boss Marcello Lippi has joked that the reason why he has repeatedly ignored Antonio Cassano is because he gave his son Davide a swollen cheek.

Earlier this month Sampdoria President Riccardo Garrone said that “a very very ugly story” was keeping Cassano out of the Italy squad.

As Garrone was unwilling to reveal what the “ugly story” actually was, the Italian Press went into overdrive, speculating about all sorts of possible scenarios.

La Stampa wrote that Cassano had actually been involved in a fight with Lippi’s son David who is an influential football agent.

At the time, Lippi denied the allegation, but he has since seen the funny side.

Accosted by a reporter from satirical Italian TV show Striscia La Notizia, Lippi joked: “My son has a swollen cheek because of that punch.”

Asked if Cassano and his son had in fact quarreled, Lippi turned serious and replied: “I don’t know, it doesn’t concern me.”

The World Cup winner then had a pop at the media for misquoting him during yesterday’s Press Conference.

It was widely reported that Lippi called Gianluigi Buffon “a canary sculpted in marble” when he actually called him “a tractor sculpted in marble.”

What??
MizNelson
QUOTE (Sky.it)
Dal Pallone al Bidone, Dinho in corsa per l'Oro più sgradito
Il prossimo 13 dicembre sarà il Bidone Day nel quale verrà eletto il giocatore del 2009 più deludente della A attraverso la trasmissione radiofonica Catersport. Tra le nomination, oltre al detentore del trofeo, Quaresma anche Dida, Tiago, Huntelaar e Melo

Sarà sicuramente uno straniero il Bidone d'oro 2009. Il 13 dicembre, il "Bidone-Day", gli ascoltatori di Catersport potranno scegliere tra questi nomi per eleggere il più deludente calciatore di Serie A: Carrizo, Dida, Felipe Melo, Huntelaar, Julio Baptista, Mancini, Poulsen, Quaresma, Ronaldinho e Tiago. Per il settimo anno lo sgradito premio organizzato dalla trasmissione di Radio2 incoronerà il peggior giocatore della serie A nell'anno solare 2009. I 'bidonabili' sono stati scelti da una super-giuria di giornalisti ed esperti, quest'anno allargata a 39 membri, con l'aggiunta di numerosi osservatori stranieri.

Le squadre più rappresentate sono Milan e Juventus con 3 giocatori ognuna: Dida, Huntelaar e Ronaldinho per i rossoneri; Tiago, Poulsen e Felipe Melo per i bianconeri. I campioni d'Italia dell'Inter portano al ballottaggio 2 nomi: quelli di Mancini e del bidone in carica Quaresma. Una nomination a testa per le squadre romane: Juan Pablo Carrizo, anche se è passato dalla Lazio al Real Saragozza, mentre Julio Baptista è l'unico a entrare in votazione tra i giallorossi.

Ricardo Quaresma è il detentore del premio e in caso di vittoria potrebbe ripetere la doppietta realizzata da Adriano nel 2006-7. Saranno ora gli ascoltatori di Catersport, il 13 dicembre, a eleggere il successore di Rivaldo (Bidone d'oro 2003), Legrottaglie (2004), Vieri (2005), Adriano (trionfatore nel 2006 e 2007) e appunto Quaresma nel 2008.

Why the f*** is Dida in there? Is this some kind of a joke? And Huntelaar has been with us for what, six months?

Whoever invented this "award" should be shot.
Zed.D

QUOTE (GOAL.COM)
Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt Blames Italy For Robin van Persie's Injury

Azzurri did not play in friendly spirit...

Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt has blamed the Italian national team for the injury to Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

The Gunners man is expected to be out for six weeks after a tackle from Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini damaged his ankle ligaments during the Netherlands' weekend friendly in Pescara, and Kuyt is keen to point the finger at the Azzurri.

"I was very disappointed. We played a friendly against a big country, Italy, and if you see the way they kicked us it's very sad," Kuyt told Sky Sports News.

"It's very sad for the Dutch team, but it's also sad for Robin because he was in great form.

"I think it was a bad tackle and sometimes when you play friendly games for your country you should have more respect for each other.

"Hopefully it won't happen in the future."

Everton defender John Heitnga shared Kuyt's disappointment.

"It's hard for a team, but it's harder for himself [Van Persie], because he was playing well the last couple of months, and he was one of the best players in the Premier League," he said.

"I hope for him he will recover as soon as possible."

God, they can't stop whining, can they?

There was nothing wrong with Chiellini's tackle. he went for the ball and got the ball. completely faultless.
LaPalma
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 17 2009, 08:20 AM) *
Why the f*** is Dida in there? Is this some kind of a joke? And Huntelaar has been with us for what, six months?

Whoever invented this "award" should be shot.

Ahem...what does it say?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 17 2009, 03:08 PM) *
God, they can't stop whining, can they?

There was nothing wrong with Chiellini's tackle. he went for the ball and got the ball. completely faultless.

Too bad he got Van Persie's ligaments as well.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 17 2009, 08:23 PM) *
Too bad he got Van Persie's ligaments as well.

Please go and watch the video carefully and see "how" he got VP's ligaments. it was his other foot not the one he went for the challenge with. and as it was pointed out before, come on, it was Robin van Persie!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 17 2009, 05:54 PM) *
Please go and watch the video carefully and see "how" he got VP's ligaments. it was his other foot not the one he went for the challenge with. and as it was pointed out before, come on, it was Robin van Persie!

It was Robin Van Persie, and it was a fu*king monster tackle on a terrible pitch during a pointless friendly in a town called Pescara.

Now, what part of that am I supposed NOT to be pis*ed off by?
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 17 2009, 07:02 PM) *

Well... you were not going to win the Premier League anyway...

*runs for the hills*
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 17 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Well... you were not going to win the Premier League anyway...

*runs for the hills*

Maybe not, but the CL and/or the FA Cup would suffice for me.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 17 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Maybe not, but the CL and/or the FA Cup would suffice for me.

*won't come out of hiding place with this fake calm response*

Well unless you draw a tricky opponent I think you should be able to get through the Round of 16 without him... he will be back for the potential QF games won't he?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 17 2009, 07:24 PM) *
*won't come out of hiding place with this fake calm response*

Well unless you draw a tricky opponent I think you should be able to get through the Round of 16 without him... he will be back for the potential QF games won't he?

I don't know and I'm not checking the fixture list while you're still hiding away.
MizNelson
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Nov 17 2009, 07:25 AM) *
Ahem...what does it say?

It's the "Bidone d'Oro," which is "awarded" annually to the worst player in Serie A. Dida has done nothing this year to be nominated for that.
kurtsimonw
He's made a few mistakes, but those weren't Serie A related, so I agree.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 17 2009, 09:32 PM) *
It was Robin Van Persie, and it was a fu*king monster tackle on a terrible pitch during a pointless friendly in a town called Pescara.

He goes for the ball and gets the ball and it's "****ing monster tackle". I wonder what you'd be saying if he'd not gotten the ball at all...

You have every right to be pissed off - had a similar thing happened to, say, Pato, I'd be just as pissed off. but I'd never blame a defender for making a challenge as well-functioned as that! it's true van Persie got injured because of it but that's football.

The blame for the pointless friendly is on the Holland FF!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 18 2009, 07:59 AM) *
He goes for the ball and gets the ball and it's "****ing monster tackle". I wonder what you'd be saying if he'd not gotten the ball at all...

You have every right to be pissed off - had a similar thing happened to, say, Pato, I'd be just as pissed off. but I'd never blame a defender for making a challenge as well-functioned as that! it's true van Persie got injured because of it but that's football.

The blame for the pointless friendly is on the Holland FF!

Yeah, because Holland played against itself or what?

kurtsimonw
I don't think the tackle was that bad. Sometimes players are unlucky and it seems Arsenal are too. Both the Eduardo and Walcott injuries against Birmingham in the last few years were not on the Birmingham players at all, they did nothing wrong and I don't think Chiellini made a bad tackle either.

Just be thankful that even if you do consider the friendly meaningless, it was actually a proper friendly. Now had one of your players got injured playing in fucking Qatar for absoloutely no reason at all..
Zed.D
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 18 2009, 03:02 PM) *
Yeah, because Holland played against itself or what?

If it's that difficult for you to guess why, then forget about it.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 18 2009, 02:10 PM) *
If it's that difficult for you to guess why, then forget about it.

When two national teams play a friendly I dare say they both have a say in where and when.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 18 2009, 11:01 PM) *
When two national teams play a friendly I dare say they both have a say in where and when.

Do one of the countries force the other one to accept playing the friendly?

I haven't see anyone complaining about friendlies and circumstances surrounding them before. it only happens with official games - for example, Lyon had to play on an awful Franchi pitch and had that led to one of their players getting injured they would have had a right to complain about it.

But friendlies... if Holland accept this friendly (which they did) it means they also accept to play in that small stadium with its awful pitch against some players who may take the game seriously and so forth (which they did), doesn't it?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 18 2009, 07:52 PM) *
Do one of the countries force the other one to accept playing the friendly?

I haven't see anyone complaining about friendlies and circumstances surrounding them before. it only happens with official games - for example, Lyon had to play on an awful Franchi pitch and had that led to one of their players getting injured they would have had a right to complain about it.

But friendlies... if Holland accept this friendly (which they did) it means they also accept to play in that small stadium with its awful pitch against some players who may take the game seriously and so forth (which they did), doesn't it?

This contrasts rather awfully with your previous statement; "The blame for the pointless friendly is on the Holland FF!"
Look, split guilt? I'm okay with that. But saying Holland are to blame for participating in a friendly and having one of their best players injured by a savage tackle...
Zed.D
What I meant by that was that it was a take it or leave it friendly offer by Italy. Holland knew what the conditions were and accepted it. had they declined another team would have taken their place. that's how teams around the globe plan their friendlies!

So complaining about the circumstances surrounding the friendly, whether it's Chiellini or the state of the pitch, or above all its uselessness, is quite hypocritical is what I'm saying.
kurtsimonw
What was the score in thus game and who scored?
Zed.D
Italy-Holland? 0-0.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 18 2009, 08:13 PM) *
What I meant by that was that it was a take it or leave it friendly offer by Italy. Holland knew what the conditions were and accepted it. had they declined another team would have taken their place. that's how teams around the globe plan their friendlies!

So complaining about the circumstances surrounding the friendly, whether it's Chiellini or the state of the pitch, or above all its uselessness, is quite hypocritical is what I'm saying.

And I couldn't disagree more.
kurtsimonw
EDIT: Wrong thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.