Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 7 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Not TECHNICALLY Serie A related, but it IS Italian football so sticking the article here.

Reggina played Ascoli this weekend in Serie B. Ascoli scored a goal while one of the Reggina players was down and hurt (actually hurt, not pretend hurt). The Reggina players were a little miffed about the thing and there were the usual complaints, etc. Before the restart the Ascoli coach had a quick word with his players. And they let Reggina walk the ball into the goal - because they'd scored while a guy was hurt.

Fishdoll +2 cookies for a very fine gesture of fair play.

Here's the Herald Tribune article:
Sometimes, the solutions to the ills so manifest and so obvious in the global game lie completely within the players, big and small.

The World Cup draw in Cape Town on Friday was stigmatized by the shrug of indifference by which the sport’s overlords have implied that if a player gets away with cheating on the pitch, there is nothing officialdom can do about it. Adding irony to insult, FIFA’s president, Sepp Blatter, pronounced that Ireland might be afforded “moral compensation” for losing out in World Cup qualification to the blatant handball from Thierry Henry to set up the winning goal for France.

But on Saturday, the players of Ascoli, a team struggling at the foot of the Italian second division, demonstrated fair play to a man. It led at 14 minutes, after a controversial goal that came directly from an injured opponent, Carlos Valdez of Reggina, trying to boot the ball out of play to receive treatment.

Ascoli intercepted his clearance and scored its goal. In the heat of Reggina’s protests, its defender Andrea Costa was red-carded by the referee. But when calm was restored, Ascoli’s players did the right and proper thing. They stood aside and allowed Reggina to equalize, unopposed.

That act, alone, is worth the FIFA so-called Fair Play Trophy at the end of this season. It may not get it because Ascoli Piceno is a mere Serie B club, off the radar of the headliners like Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and, well, Thierry Henry.

For what it’s worth, this column salutes the team. Fair Play in soccer, however, might yet have repercussions for Ascoli. The equalizer led to a 3-1 home defeat, and the points lost Saturday could be critical when the relegation places are settled at the end.

Wo_Ow, this is unbelievable!! they deserve more than just 2 cookies. a million maybe!
amancik
Wow, I never thought this was possible in football. Forza Ascoli!
servbot
Wow, that really is awesome. Hopefully they are able to pull out of the bottom of their table. Karma, one time!
KillerMax
Thanks for that Tennie. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzfex_Jhwh4
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 6 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Just a note, Matri (ex primavera) scored again for Cagliari. That's...6 or 7 games in a row for him.

Cagliari as a whole, even without bobbygol, have proven to be a very good team this year and play a very offensive minded football smile.gif

God i love serie A smile.gif
Tennie
Thanks for finding the clip, Max. Ascoli really made a remarkable gesture. Fishdoll and I at least will be following them for the rest of the season and wish them well.

Habitant
holy crap@the Cagliari - Napoli game blink.gif blink.gif
Tennie
Pretty wild, wasn't it?

For those who didn't see the game, Napoli led 2-0 until the 75th. Then Cagliari scored 3 (one of them by former Primavera player Matri). Then Lavezzi got sent off for kicking a ball at the Cagliari coach. And then Napoli equalized on a set piece in the 5th minute of added time, last kick of the game.
Tennie
Fishdoll is perhaps a bad representative of the CRA. In honesty, he didn't expect Bari - despite how well they've done against big teams - to do all that well against what's probably a pretty angry group of gobbi. However, it's now halftime and the score is Bari 2-1 gobbi. Second goal was a penalty conceded by Cannavaro.
Habitant
ohmy.gif
ciro is screweeed
KillerMax
Bye bye ferfery...
Bluesummers
bari 3-1 Juventus. omg what a same. Ciro is done.
Tennie
Now it's FT.

Bari 3-1 gobbi. Full credit to Bari who played a good game all round -- they were missing their best defender too (not that they especially needed him today).

Ciao, Ciro.

So, who's going to be their new coach?
mishie
Get in there!!! the great chicken strikes!!! laugh.gif
Habitant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq_gGeJ_Riw

bari-buve highlights
MizNelson
Bari have been giant killers this season, drawing us and Inert at home. Because of that, I knew they were going to be able to hold their own against Juve, but not like this. My God.
Zed.D
They'll 99.99% lose, but Forza Atalanta!
Tennie
Fishdoll has decided to do an Ascoli Watch for the rest of the Serie B season, in honor of their grand gesture of fair play.

Yesterday, Ascoli drew 0-0 with Serie B leaders Lecce. Ascoli remain in 20th place (of 22), but are now 1 point from safety.
Tennie
Just a note on the Serie A table.

Inter 36
Milan 31
Juve 30
PARMA 28

Places 5-11 are all on 24 points and 2 of them (Roma-Samp) play tonight.
Zed.D
Parma's position in the standings surprises me to say the least. well done to them.
Tennie
Samp-Roma was a not especially interesting 0-0 draw. But each earned a point and so they're fifth and sixth, respectively. Bari is in 7th.
MizNelson
St. Gigi went under the knife this weekend for his meniscus problem. I could be wrong, but I think this is the third time in four years that Buffon has not made it through the winter break because of injury.
Bluesummers
Juventus Midfielder Felipe Melo Wins 2009 Golden Bin

Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo has been voted the winner of the 2009 Bidone d’Oro (Golden Bin) award by fans of Radio Rai 2 show ‘Catersport’.

Melo has failed to live up to his billing at the Stadio Olimpico so far this season after Juve splashed out €25 million to sign him from Fiorentina last summer.

The 26-year-old Brazilian international won the award by the smallest of margins, relegating Inter winger Ricardo Quaresma into second place, the Portuguese ‘vying’ for back-to-back titles after being crowned the overwhelming winner last year.

Over 18,000 votes were cast and Melo’s Juventus team-mate Tiago Mendes made the top three, whilst Milan ace Ronaldinho came in seventh after making up for his disappointing maiden season at the San Siro with impressive displays in the early stages of this campaign.

Full Results:

1. Felipe Melo (Juventus) - 22,87 % [4.289 votes]
2. Ricardo Quaresma (Inter) - 20,63 % [3.868]
3. Tiago Mendes (Juventus) - 9,99 % [1.873]
4. Dida (Milan) - 9,56 % [1.792]
5. Amantino Mancini (Inter) - 9,39 % [1.760]
6. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Milan) - 6,84 % [1.283]
7. Ronaldinho (Milan) - 6,07 % [1.139]
8. Christian Poulsen (Juventus) - 6,06 % [1.137]
9. Juan Pablo Carrizo (Lazio) - 4,37 % [819]
10. Julio Baptista (Roma) - 4,22 % [792]

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

Dinho should not be on this list.
dst
Quaresma and Mancini are certainly the worst transfers in Italy in recent seasons.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Dec 14 2009, 03:47 AM) *
Dinho should not be on this list.

Neither should Dida.
Bluesummers
Former Juventus executive Roberto Bettega will probably return at the end of the season and take charge of the club's transfer market. His first target is Liverpool star Steven Gerrard (29), who is also appreciated by Juve's potential future coach Guus Hiddink. The news is confirmed also by Italian journalist and transfer market insider Fabio Santini.

Moreover (and as recently reported) Hiddink would like to have left winger Yuri Zhirkov (Chelsea), midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (Everton) and attacking midfielder Andrei Arshavin (Arsenal) to join Juventus, if he replaces Ciro Ferrara.

The Dutch coach might propose to Juve's officials also the following players :

Bakary Sagna (Arsenal)

Bruno Alves (FC Porto)

Royston Drenthe (Real Madrid)

Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma)

Bastian Schweinsteiger & Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)

Milos Krasic (CSKA Moscow)

Eljero Elia (SV Hamburg)

Fernando Torres (Liverpool)

Obviously, the above mentioned targets plus Steven Gerrard are expensive and require a lot of money, but Juventus are not indebted and, most of all, they could sell several of their players to earn the necessary cash. In fact, the potential sale of Felipe Melo, Diego, Mohammed Sissoko, David Trezeguet, Christian Poulsen and Tiago would be enough.

if they get hiddink, were f*cked.
kurtsimonw
Does he actually think he'll get any of those players? What an unrealistic list!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 15 2009, 02:48 PM) *
Does he actually think he'll get any of those players? What an unrealistic list!

your just jealous cause no AV players are on that list wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Dec 15 2009, 09:02 PM) *
your just jealous cause no AV players are on that list wink.gif

I don't want our players on any lists, I want to keep them.

If Juventus get Gerrard or Torres, I'll gladly eat my words. But I'd say it's got 0% chance of happening, ridiculous.
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Dec 15 2009, 10:42 PM) *
if they get hiddink, were f*cked.

If they get Hiddink, they're ****ed.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 15 2009, 10:48 PM) *

Apart from De Rossi's I don't think the others are impossible.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 15 2009, 11:18 PM) *
If Juventus get Gerrard or Torres, I'll gladly eat my words. But I'd say it's got 0% chance of happening, ridiculous.

At first thought it looks ridiculous... but then what if 'fool fail to finish in the top 4? It will be a huge disappointment, a big loss of money and it will not seem too attractive for big names. Silly G will be 30 years old next season and it does not seem like 'fool are going to win the title either... he almost left them when they had just won the CL too so you can't say he would not consider a move now. And then there is the seemingly unavoidable departure of Mascherano who you might not rate but he is highly rated among his teammates I think.

The same for Torres, does he really see a great prospect in this team for the next two years? If Benitez gets fired he might take it badly too. He will be 26 next season and he still has not won anything at club level. The idea of being trophy-less at 28 will not sound good to him.
Tennie
Where does this article come from?
Bluesummers
your favorite website smile.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
i read about a potential Kolarov/giovinco swap. we should offload some oldie's next summer to atleast try and get one of them...
Jack Sparrow
Stop saying oldies...it's derogatory. The only oldie we have is Berlusconi. The rest of em are like fine wine...they age...
dst
They get better with age is what you mean... everything ages...

rum-filled good-for-nothing!
Tennie
Fishdoll continues his Ascoli watch and is, today, much cheered.

FT Ascoli 1 - 0 Padova. 96.gif Ascoli is now in 18th and out of the Serie B drop zone.

Darmian came on in the 82nd for Padova.
Darunia
How much playing time is Darmian getting? Anyone know?
Tennie
Looks like he's come on as a sub the last two weeks. Played nearly an hour the week before that but that may have been because of injuries/sendings off. He's only been available for 3 (or perhaps 4) games for Padova because he broke his foot in preseason.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 18 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Looks like he's come on as a sub the last two weeks. Played nearly an hour the week before that but that may have been because of injuries/sendings off. He's only been available for 3 (or perhaps 4) games for Padova because he broke his foot in preseason.

with albertazzi and diniz not doing so bad in their rights, i think darmian pissed away his chances at this club sad.gif
too bad though, i really had wished he stepped up
Tennie
So, the following games have been postponed this weekend:

Genoa-Bari
Fiorentina-Milan
Bologna-Atalanta
Udinese-Cagliari

As of right now, the other games are scheduled to go ahead.
CrazyMilanFan
juve are 1-0 down again it it does not change then may possibly another manager change
Tennie
And early on in Turin it's gobbi 0-1 Catania.

Penalty, conceded by Tiago (foul in the area).
Patinho
not surprised by the early sub felipe melo was playing so bad
Tennie
According to RAI, half the curva (maybe the drughi?) left after Catania's rigore. It's pretty bad when their ultras walk out.

RAI's showing the Parma game (Burdisso just scored) but are providing frequent updates from Turin.
Locke Lamora
Ciao Ciro.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 20 2009, 03:04 PM) *
According to RAI, half the curva (maybe the drughi?) left after Catania's rigore. It's pretty bad when their ultras walk out.

RAI's showing the Parma game (Burdisso just scored) but are providing frequent updates from Turin.

what i heard the curva have a big impact on the decison the clubs makes rite? huh.gif
Tennie
Yes and no. Sometimes they can but remember the curva are, in essence, a mob. With vaguely criminal tendencies. these are the same guys who chant the racist stuff against Balotelli.

That said, nobody's been happy with the gobbi's pretty pitiful play of late.

Brazzo has equalized for them, though. Fishdoll always liked Brazzo.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 20 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Yes and no. Sometimes they can but remember the curva are, in essence, a mob. With vaguely criminal tendencies. these are the same guys who chant the racist stuff against Balotelli.

That said, nobody's been happy with the gobbi's pretty pitiful play of late.

Brazzo has equalized for them, though. Fishdoll always liked Brazzo.

Wasn't that Salihamidzic? Anyway, Sampdoria are going down against Livorno.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 20 2009, 03:42 PM) *
Wasn't that Salihamidzic? Anyway, Sampdoria are going down against Livorno.

samp seems to have lost it
Tennie
Yep, Locke. Brazzo is Salihamidzic's nickname.smile.gif

And the donkeys seem to be losing at Napoli.

Roma 2-0 Parma. They're now equal on points.

EDIT: And goodness gracious. Goal Izco in added time. Cannavaro does his Ikea chair impression again. gobbi 1-2 Catania.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.