Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Danny
QUOTE (Protagonist @ Feb 14 2010, 08:53 PM) *
I think what he meant was Juventus the team & Inter the team, not their respective fan base

Correct - here in Scotland I ain't privvy to many fans of Italian teams. I've known a few through forums - 2 Juve fans in particular who were actually poisonous cretins, but my comment is definitely aimed at the actual football clubs.
Danny
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 14 2010, 08:30 PM) *
I'd thought you would hate inter due to their constant insulting of and degration of our club. They call us names like Bilan and old retirement home and etc etc..

Then our supposed fans on another forum are even worse because they call OUR staff things like 'Gaylani' and it goes without being objected to. Oh yeah, and 'Shevchoker'.

Maybe I'm from a different culture but abusing your own club is something I don't take kindly to.

CrazyMilanFan
inter drew against napoli
kurtsimonw
I don't really see what there is to hate about Inter. I think some people just say it because they follow Milan. I have no0 fan interaction with Inter at all so don't really have anything to dislike about them. I'd go as far as saying I even like their manager and most of their players. But I don't want them to win the league or anything.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 14 2010, 02:58 PM) *
Then our supposed fans on another forum are even worse because they call OUR staff things like 'Gaylani' and it goes without being objected to. Oh yeah, and 'Shevchoker'.

Maybe I'm from a different culture but abusing your own club is something I don't take kindly to.

agreed. There is one exception for me though and that was gila. I deeply hated that player. Glad he's gone.

But I understand what your saying; one should never insult their club. Its pointless, stupid and unnecessary. If you don't like milan go support someone else.

I guess thats why we have the term bandwagon jumpers lol.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 14 2010, 06:06 PM) *
I don't really see what there is to hate about Inter. I think some people just say it because they follow Milan. I have no0 fan interaction with Inter at all so don't really have anything to dislike about them. I'd go as far as saying I even like their manager and most of their players. But I don't want them to win the league or anything.

check out an inter forum, you will see what i'm talking about. But yeah i agree, I <3 their manager and a few of their players too like sneijder and lucio. Especially lucio, he went to inter for 10m euros LOL. Shame we didnt' jump on that bargain.

Abate-lucio-nesta-silva cool.gif
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 15 2010, 12:06 AM) *

I'd more or less agree with this post. See, we can agree occasionally biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 15 2010, 04:29 AM) *
agreed. There is one exception for me though and that was gila. I deeply hated that player. Glad he's gone.

Didn't much like him either, he was just such a poor poor striker who wasn't up to the task. And his dive at Celtic Park was humiliating. I was also very pleased to see the back of him.

But I understand what your saying; one should never insult their club. Its pointless, stupid and unnecessary. If you don't like milan go support someone else.

I guess thats why we have the term bandwagon jumpers lol.

Yup. There's a guy who plays for Rangers called Lafferty, and one fan I know dislikes him so much, instead of supporting him he calls him 'Laugherty'.

I really hate that.
Danny
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 15 2010, 04:30 AM) *
check out an inter forum, you will see what i'm talking about. But yeah i agree, I <3 their manager and a few of their players too like sneijder and lucio. Especially lucio, he went to inter for 10m euros LOL. Shame we didnt' jump on that bargain.

Abate-lucio-nesta-silva cool.gif

If you want to see Italian fan rivalries in all their glory, there's a UK based Calcio forum - not super active, but it will give a flavour of the respect or otherwise they have for one another.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2010, 04:09 AM) *
There's a guy who plays for Rangers called Lafferty, and one fan I know dislikes him so much, instead of supporting him he calls him 'Laugherty'.

I really hate that.

I wouldn't hear the difference, since both names sound the same when spoken. Anyway, I assume you're referring to Kyle Lafferty, simply because one of the best posters at R&B, an Aberdeen native, absolutely can't stand the guy.
servbot
Mourinho seems like a total egotistical prick.

Of course, that means that if he were coaching a team I liked, I would like him....but he's not, so screw him!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 14 2010, 01:29 PM) *
Which part?

The part where you hate inter less than Juve.
dst
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2010, 02:09 PM) *
Yup. There's a guy who plays for Rangers called Lafferty, and one fan I know dislikes him so much, instead of supporting him he calls him 'Laugherty'.

It's shameful that he does this but laugh.gif

QUOTE (servbot @ Feb 16 2010, 02:49 AM) *
Mourinho seems like a total egotistical prick.

Of course, that means that if he were coaching a team I liked, I would like him....but he's not, so screw him!

You know what you're talking about! cool.gif
Danny
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Feb 15 2010, 10:36 PM) *
I wouldn't hear the difference, since both names sound the same when spoken. Anyway, I assume you're referring to Kyle Lafferty, simply because one of the best posters at R&B, an Aberdeen native, absolutely can't stand the guy.

Oh yeah, Aberdeen fans despise him thanks to an incident with Charlie Mulgrew...

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 16 2010, 11:02 AM) *
It's shameful that he does this but laugh.gif

Funnily eough he's played really well recently and the 'Laugherty' name has disappeared.

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Feb 16 2010, 03:45 AM) *
The part where you hate inter less than Juve.

And apparently in this thread I am not alone on that. Though, these days I don't really hate either of them a huge amount - Inter for reasons expressed already, and Juve...for reasons expressed already. I'd still pick Juve over Inter by a mile as my least liked though.
dst
I've merged your posts as multiple posting in a short time is not allowed. Please use the 'Quote' button to... quote more than one posts.

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 16 2010, 01:08 PM) *
Funnily eough he's played really well recently and the 'Laugherty' name has disappeared.

Until the next time he plays badly.
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 16 2010, 11:24 AM) *
I've merged your posts as multiple posting in a short time is not allowed. Please use the 'Quote' button to... quote more than one posts.

It does look a bit tidier I suppose smile.gif

Until the next time he plays badly.

Most likely. So here's hoping he gives no cause for such immature names any more.
Fishdoll
So, bad team-Samp is becoming rather an ill tempered affair.

The bad team defenders seem to think it's 'beat up Pozzi' day. First Samuel was sent off for elbowing him in the face and then Cordoba was sent off for a very late trip (second yellow). Various others have also been carded.

It's 0-0 in the 39th.
dst
inert have been rightfully given two red cards in their game against Samp. Of course it does not matter they they were correct decision, we're still going to hear Mou talk of the invisible forces that want to stop inert...

it's still 0-0 (40')

Oh and of course, with every tackle a Samp player makes, the inert fans are asking for a red...
Jack Sparrow
Isn't Pozzi ex-Rossoneri youth? Are those merda this cheap?
dst
I don't think it's about that.
Jack Sparrow
Of course it isn't. But I want to hate them in absolute contentment. You have a problem with that...step outside and let's settle it like men. My PS2 against yours! realmad.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Feb 20 2010, 08:26 PM) *
So, bad team-Samp is becoming rather an ill tempered affair.

The bad team defenders seem to think it's 'beat up Pozzi' day. First Samuel was sent off for elbowing him in the face and then Cordoba was sent off for a very late trip (second yellow). Various others have also been carded.

It's 0-0 in the 39th.

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 20 2010, 08:27 PM) *
inert have been rightfully given two red cards in their game against Samp. Of course it does not matter they they were correct decision, we're still going to hear Mou talk of the invisible forces that want to stop inert...

it's still 0-0 (40')

Oh and of course, with every tackle a Samp player makes, the inert fans are asking for a red...

This is absolute classic - merda proving that even though they are dominating the league they simply haven't got any class or discipline laugh.gif Let's just hope Samp can make the most of the TWO man advantage ohmy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
dst
Eto'o booked for diving. I don't think it was. But the reaction was so ridiculous, Mou was hysterically laughing as if he had gone crazy and the inert fans started waving... toilet paper (?)...
servbot
Yeah, looks like toilet paper to me. Who brings toilet paper to a football match??? lol
Fishdoll
QUOTE (servbot @ Feb 20 2010, 04:18 PM) *
Yeah, looks like toilet paper to me. Who brings toilet paper to a football match??? lol

mad.gif servbot, are you watching the match?!? Remember what happens when you watch them play!

If they win, it's the bathtub for you!

Also, Pazzini has now been sent off for Samp. Storari just pulled off a very nice save, btw.
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Feb 20 2010, 03:26 PM) *
mad.gif servbot, are you watching the match?!? Remember what happens when you watch them play!

If they win, it's the bathtub for you!

Also, Pazzini has now been sent off for Samp. Storari just pulled off a very nice save, btw.

Ha! I broke that curse when Inter drew last week so it should be fine smile.gif I'm only half watching it though, I'm stuck at the office on a Saturday sad.gif and I need a distraction.

Although Samp has looked awful for a team with a 2, and now 1 man advantage in the parts I've seen.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (servbot @ Feb 20 2010, 09:34 PM) *
Ha! I broke that curse when Inter drew last week so it should be fine smile.gif I'm only half watching it though, I'm stuck at the office on a Saturday sad.gif and I need a distraction.

Although Samp has looked awful for a team with a 2, and now 1 man advantage in the parts I've seen.

I simply cannot believe that Samp didn't taken advantage of the two extra men they had. Now that they are down to ten it seems the only ones who look like they're going to win is merda!

Edit: Does anyone else think Samp have been paid to take the draw? They are woeful.
I_Rossoneri
Final score merda 0-0 samp - words fail me!
arivanjj
if we win against bari and fiorentina we'll be 4 points behind.
Suhail 3
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 20 2010, 09:52 PM) *
if we win against bari and fiorentina we'll be 4 points behind.

a big if especially since both are playing really well ... but if this is the case then lets hope we can still capture the title
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Feb 20 2010, 10:24 PM) *
a big if especially since both are playing really well ... but if this is the case then lets hope we can still capture the title

or atleast fight till the end for it and it will be better if inter go to quater finals of UCL then get knocked out
Zed.D
Damn me for saying that the title race was over. IT SO IS NOT!!!
d'Arc.LP
The title race it is not over , but we have very hard games on next weeks.
Bari - Milan 2/21/10
Fiorentina - Milan 2/24/10
Milan - Atalanta 2/28/10
Roma - Milan 3/6/10

We have to win all of them if we want to stay in the race.

Inters next 4 games in Serie A are :

Udinese - Inter Milan 2/28/10
Inter Milan - Genoa 3/7/10
Catania - Inter Milan 3/12/10
Palermo - Inter Milan 3/20/10
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 21 2010, 10:35 AM) *
The title race it is not over , but we have very hard games on next weeks.
Bari - Milan 2/21/10
Fiorentina - Milan 2/24/10
Milan - Atalanta 2/28/10
Roma - Milan 3/6/10

We have to win all of them if we want to stay in the race.

Inters next 4 games in Serie A are :

Udinese - Inter Milan 2/28/10
Inter Milan - Genoa 3/7/10
Catania - Inter Milan 3/12/10
Palermo - Inter Milan 3/20/10

after todays game next 3 games are hard voila and roma for obivious reason and then against atlanta we are usually poor
dst
Sunday 21 February, 2010
Blog: Mou who cried wolf

Inter proved they have the cry-baby mentality, even when the referee gets it right, argues Susy Campanale

The sight of Jose Mourinho holding his wrists together and staring down the television cameras will remain long in the memory. What it represents is another matter entirely.

To him and the Inter supporters who waved their toilet paper (it was the closest they could find to white handkerchiefs, but oddly fitting considering the situation), it was a cry for freedom from the persecution of the Calciopoli system or a call for the referee to be carted away to prison. Everyone else on the planet interpreted it as the latest evidence this is a club of unabashed cry-babies.

What did the referee do to warrant such a hysterical reaction? Well, he sent off two Inter players in the first 38 minutes. The problem is he did so because they deserved it. Walter Samuel went clattering into Nicola Pozzi for his first booking, then blocked him off with an elbow when running clear on goal. How is that an incorrect refereeing decision?

Ivan Cordoba rushed out of the defensive wall before the Sampdoria player had even begun his run-up for the free kick, let alone made contact with the ball. It was a yellow card offence, that’s inarguable. When you’ve been booked only a few minutes earlier, it’s not wise to up-end Pozzi in midfield, is it?

Let’s not forget the incident that prompted hysterical laughter on the touchlines from Mourinho, who as always plays to the gallery. Samuel Eto’o barely brushed up against the defender and went tumbling in the box. A lesser official would merely have waved play on, but Paolo Tagliavento was brave enough to call the Cameroon international on his diving. If the referee made any mistakes, it was not sending off Diego Milito for his studs-on-knee challenge on Angelo Palombo.

Imagine if Inter had been subjected to the kind of genuine injustice that Fiorentina suffered at Bayern Munich this week? The only proportional reaction from Mourinho would’ve been to stage a military coup on UEFA headquarters and declare himself the new benevolent dictator. Let’s face it, this is a man who really wants to be portrayed in giant statues.

I hope everyone who felt a bit sorry for Inter or who was starting to fall for Mourinho’s spin had a good look at those incidents against Sampdoria. It’s about time Inter learn the rules do actually apply to them. You can’t just barge someone off the ball with your elbow. You can’t rush out of the wall before the opponent has taken his kick. You can’t dive and expect to not only get away with it, but receive a penalty as well. Nor can you crowd around the referee at every incident, pointing and shouting like children in kindergarten telling tales.

Cesare Prandelli and Fiorentina used humour and good grace to deflect the anger they felt at inarguable mistakes in Munich. They proved themselves to be gentlemen. Mourinho and Inter have instead acted like spoilt brats. The Nerazzurri have blown it now, they cried wolf and everyone saw there was nothing there.

::football-italia::

And you guys are saying we're a joke? We have more class than they've had in their whole history!

The ref gets everything right and they refuse to talk to the media in protest. Apparently, they don't think football rules should apply to them. This club will always be the joke.
Zed.D
I think the "joke" comments (then one I made, at least) were regarding the strength of the two teams / how they do in the transfer market. in other words on-field matters, not off-field antics. we all know who the joke is when it comes to these stuff. wink.gif
Fishdoll
Here are the results from today's games:

Palermo 3 - 1 Lazio
Cagliari 2 - 0 Parma (Matri scored again for Cagliari)
Bologna 1 - 2 Juventus
Roma 1 - 0 Catania
Atalanta 0 - 1 Chievo
Siena 0 - 0 Napoli
Fiorentina 2 - 1 Livorno (the Viola scored 2 after going down 0-1 early on)

Protagonist
Roma and Fiorentina seem to be clawing back. Should we be worried?

And what is your take on the UEFA coefficient, if Bayern kick Fiorentina out and having Milan and Inter also exit the competition, would Italy have 4 seats or 3 in next season's UEFA competition?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Protagonist @ Feb 21 2010, 06:58 PM) *

And what is your take on the UEFA coefficient, if Bayern kick Fiorentina out and having Milan and Inter also exit the competition, would Italy have 4 seats or 3 in next season's UEFA competition?

"Clawing back"? Isn't this their 8th consecutive Serie A win or something?
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Protagonist @ Feb 21 2010, 06:58 PM) *

That depends on german and french teams success.
Protagonist
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Feb 21 2010, 08:17 PM) *
"Clawing back"? Isn't this their 8th consecutive Serie A win or something?

Yes, but before that?
Protagonist
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 21 2010, 08:23 PM) *
That depends on german and french teams success.

So Serie A is at risk for next season? If lets say Lyon and Bayern pass to the next stage with Inter, Milan and Fiorentina knocked out
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Protagonist @ Feb 21 2010, 07:23 PM) *
Yes, but before that?

Well, then they did the clawing back way back in January/December. They've been fixing their eyes on that 2nd place for a long time now and I think they are now plotting a Scudetto charge.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Protagonist @ Feb 21 2010, 07:24 PM) *
So Serie A is at risk for next season? If lets say Lyon and Bayern pass to the next stage with Inter, Milan and Fiorentina knocked out

Based on one earlyer Gallianis declaration , Yes this would be a very serious risk , but If Lyon or Bayern ( Germany is closer to Italy , as I know ) go to semis than we can see Juventus or Roma playing on Europa leauge.
I'm not very sure about that as long as 1 can not find points of all nationalities.
Protagonist
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Feb 21 2010, 07:30 PM) *
Well, then they did the clawing back way back in January/December. They've been fixing their eyes on that 2nd place for a long time now and I think they are now plotting a Scudetto charge.

ah, so it isnt a run away scudetto biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Feb 21 2010, 07:30 PM) *

Roma will most probably get 2nd.

They do after all have Ranieri, he is incapable of coming into a position other then that in the league.

Don't know about Fiorentina, I'm just hoping they'll have a bad day against us on Wed, we really can't afford to lose anymore points
d'Arc.LP
FINALLY :

The league coefficient is used to rank the leagues of Europe, and thus determine the number of clubs from a league that will participate in UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.

The UEFA ranking determines the number of teams competing in the season after the next, not in the first season after the publication of the ranking. Thus, the 2009 ranking determines the proportion in 2010–11, not 2009–10.

This coefficient is determined by the results of the clubs of the leagues in UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League games over the past five seasons. The number of points awarded each season (two for each win by a club from that league, one for a draw) is divided by the number of teams that participated for that nation in that season. This number is then truncated after three decimal places (e.g. 2 2/3 will be truncated to 2.667).

For the league coefficient the season's league coefficients for the last five seasons must be added up. In the preliminary rounds of both the Champions League and Europa League, the awarded points are halved. Bonus points are allocated for:

* Qualifying for the Champions League group phase. (4 bonus points)
* Reaching the second round of the Champions League. (1 bonus point)
* Reaching the quarter, semi and final of both Champions League and Europa League. (1 bonus point)

The bonus points are added to the number of points scored in a season.

Current ranking (2010-11 UEFA competitions)

Protagonist
Thank you smile.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Protagonist @ Feb 21 2010, 07:55 PM) *
Thank you smile.gif

You're welcome

As we can se from the tabel to far from the 2-nd place , but we are close to the 4-rth , but don't worry Fiorentina and Milan will go to the next phase smile.gif

P.S. Sorry for Off topic posts .
TriniKing_CE
FORZA Milan. devilsmiley.gif

Milan played really well. A deserved score of 2-0.

Dinho was fantastic!

Lets keep the rhythm going with a win on the road against Fiorentina on Wednesday (our make up game).

If we win we'll be in 2nd just 4 points behind inter. Keep the faith dudes!

cool.gif wink.gif

EDIT: wrong thread (supposed to be for match thread...) laugh.gif oh well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.