Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
kurtsimonw
I think he's a fascinating person and an incredible coach. Same way I will watch a movie I don't really care for because of who directed it or who's starring in it, or a type of game I don't like that I'll play because of who made it.
X-Offender
Well, he is a great coach, and yes, he does have an interesting character. But if someone told me that Mourinho is a tw@t, then I wouldn't disagree with them.
dst
Yeah he is a fascinating pr**k! Easily the worst person in sports I've ever seen.
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 30 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Yeah he is a fascinating pr**k! Easily the worst person in sports I've ever seen.

So what is your opinion on Mourinho?
X-Offender
laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 31 2013, 02:35 AM) *
Well, he is a great coach, and yes, he does have an interesting character. But if someone told me that Mourinho is a tw@t, then I wouldn't disagree with them.

I can see why people don't like his front. I saw a great documentary on him and Fergie talked a lot on it. He basically said that what you sometimes see isn't really Mourinho and it's almost an alter ego he's invented and that everything that happens is done to create either an advantage or certain mentality to for his players.

I think people saying what they think in the game is a nice change. Ancelotti, Guardiola, etc. are such dull people. They have no character and never say anything of interest. I'll mostly turn pre/post-game interviews with them off, it's just some boring routine, like they're reading off a script.
Jack Sparrow
Well that's the thing right? Don't we have enough drama queens on the pitch already? To me all this kind of provocation is totally unnecessarily. Between Suarez, Busquets and Mourinho, football has become close to a soap opera.

Ancelotti and Guardiola given excellent technical interviews. The sort of thing as a football fan I'm interested in. If people ask them stupid questions, or questions meant to elicit dramatic responses, well boo. I'd rather the reporters get educated, than my manager become entertaining interview candidates.

If I want to see entertaining press conferences I'll look up Jerry Springer on youtube. It's almost the same thing.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 31 2013, 07:30 AM) *
I can see why people don't like his front. I saw a great documentary on him and Fergie talked a lot on it. He basically said that what you sometimes see isn't really Mourinho and it's almost an alter ego he's invented and that everything that happens is done to create either an advantage or certain mentality to for his players.

I think people saying what they think in the game is a nice change. Ancelotti, Guardiola, etc. are such dull people. They have no character and never say anything of interest. I'll mostly turn pre/post-game interviews with them off, it's just some boring routine, like they're reading off a script.

I don't believe that, I think very few of the things he does are meant to work in that way or can be justified that way.

I don't care what managers say in interviews, I'm not a journalist and I don't need an arrogant excuse of a man to lighten up my day.
X-Offender
European writer James Horncastle reports: "Football agent Mino Raiola is known as the pizza man in some circles because of his past as a restauranteur. He almost always delivers and certainly has done in this window brokering Mario Balotelli's move from Man City to AC Milan. But things don't go his way all the time. He claims the transfer of his client Pajtim Kasami from Fulham to Pescara was scuppered this evening because the wifi at the ATA Hotel in Milan where all of Italy's deadline day deals are done tripped out. Raiola was seen in a fit of rage. "There wasn't a [wifi] connection, can I not say that?" he said. The rest of his outburst is, shall we say, unprintable.

Lazio's signing of Felipe Anderson from Santos failed in extremis. The contract was supposedly deposited 4 seconds before the deadline, but it wasn't accepted.

laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 31 2013, 10:06 PM) *
I don't believe that, I think very few of the things he does are meant to work in that way or can be justified that way.

I don't care what managers say in interviews, I'm not a journalist and I don't need an arrogant excuse of a man to lighten up my day.

Oh it absolutely is for that reason. The whole us vs the world mentality is exactly what he goes for, it creates a more united team.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 1 2013, 06:09 AM) *
Oh it absolutely is for that reason. The whole us vs the world mentality is exactly what he goes for, it creates a more united team.

So what do you think went wrong at Madrid? Not trying to bait you. I'm genuinely interested. I honestly thought Madrid was the club he would suit the best.

My opinion: Madrid is though I hate to say it quite like Milan. I believe we can best be compared to 'old-money' families. Class, splendour, trophies are taken for granted, so Mourinho will never be seen as the messiah in these clubs. Which means his force of personality is starting at a distinct advantage. To a loser(till-then) squad like Inter or even Chelsea, his abrasiveness and attitude comes across like that of a winner. If he throws it at a 'dressing room of champions, he is given the cold-shoulder coz they're all been-there-done-that.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 1 2013, 05:27 AM) *
So what do you think went wrong at Madrid? Not trying to bait you. I'm genuinely interested. I honestly thought Madrid was the club he would suit the best.

My opinion: Madrid is though I hate to say it quite like Milan. I believe we can best be compared to 'old-money' families. Class, splendour, trophies are taken for granted, so Mourinho will never be seen as the messiah in these clubs. Which means his force of personality is starting at a distinct advantage. To a loser(till-then) squad like Inter or even Chelsea, his abrasiveness and attitude comes across like that of a winner. If he throws it at a 'dressing room of champions, he is given the cold-shoulder coz they're all been-there-done-that.

Agreed. Madrid don't buy into it because they've won it all. If he were to lead them to their 10th European Cup I think it could change, but right now to the players he's just another coach in a way. I think he knows what he's doing though and with Ronaldo on his side he essentially has more power than the Spaniards at the club since they can't afford to lose Ronaldo.

I think a few Madrid players seem to think they can do no wrong though. They seemed fine with Jose last season, now they're not winning it's all gone wrong and Jose's not even been his controversial self.
acid911
I don't think Real Madrid will win it, not with this defense, and Casilas out injured. sleep.gif They had the perfect, perfect opportunity to buy Silva, even Ibra, even Pato, but the Brazilian defender at least should have been bought eyes closed for say $60 million. Only then they'd have had a smidgen of a chance.

Otherwise, they will keep on trying with brute force and falter at the semis or quarter again.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 1 2013, 08:43 AM) *
I don't think Real Madrid will win it, not with this defense, and Casilas out injured. sleep.gif They had the perfect, perfect opportunity to buy Silva, even Ibra, even Pato, but the Brazilian defender at least should have been bought eyes closed for say $60 million. Only then they'd have had a smidgen of a chance.

Otherwise, they will keep on trying with brute force and falter at the semis or quarter again.

Exactly.

I don't understand spending 50m on Modric when you have SO much talent in midfield while your defence is in shambles.

I think they could have easily struck a deal for the same amount they paid for Modric with us and maybe included Kaka in the deal to sweeten it to get Thiago.

In which case both teams would have come out with better deals then they ended up with considering we sold BOTH Ibra and Silva for 65m, which was the stupidest thing we could have done imo
X-Offender
Roma 1-4 Cagliari

happy.gif
X-Offender
Goicoechea epic own goal

Oh dear... biggrin.gif
Jack Bauer
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Roma are in some deep sh!t..
KillerMax
LOL Stekelnburg is laughing his @ss off right now.
kurtsimonw
Zeman should stick to coaching bad teams and overacheiving. His philosophy does not work for teams that need to win more often than not.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 2 2013, 03:29 AM) *
LOL Stekelnburg is laughing his @ss off right now.

Exactly.
X-Offender
Zeman fired.
KillerMax
Good. But Roma seem hopeless.
X-Offender
It's not Roma we should worry about, but Inter and Lazio.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 2 2013, 10:00 PM) *
It's not Roma we should worry about, but Inter and Lazio.

I'm not "worried" about Roma. I have a faint interest in their success (when it doesn't interfere with Milan's). But they seem incapable.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2013, 03:04 PM) *
In which case both teams would have come out with better deals then they ended up with considering we sold BOTH Ibra and Silva for 65m, which was the stupidest thing we could have done imo

How is it the stupidest? Or you just like swimming against the currents biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 3 2013, 07:40 AM) *
How is it the stupidest? Or you just like swimming against the currents biggrin.gif

Only you think it was great business, both on this forum and people I've talked to about it in person

The fact that we were offered nearly 50m for Thiago ALONE and then we rejected it due to our "heroic" (rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif) president, extended his contract to a wage we couldn't sustain - needlessly might I add as Thiago would have been more than happy to stay on - and then proceeded to ship him off ALONG with our one man winning machine for a meeger 65m when players like Torres are sold off for the ridiculous sums of 50m. How can you even think that this was in any way a good deal???

Had we held off we could have sold both SEPERATELY for huge sums if we were that desperate to get their wages off our bill. What Galliani did this summer was idiocy to the nth degree.
Fillipo Simone
But I don't think you have all the necessary information. Sure, when you put it like this, it sounds stupid. Still, I refuse to accept Galliani and Berlusconi are that stupid. And since we know zilch about the negotiation process and the proceedings, I won't comment on the stupidity of the men who made the deal.

It really seems unfavorable though.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 3 2013, 11:40 AM) *
Only you think it was great business, both on this forum and people I've talked to about it in person

The fact that we were offered nearly 50m for Thiago ALONE and then we rejected it due to our "heroic" (rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif) president, extended his contract to a wage we couldn't sustain - needlessly might I add as Thiago would have been more than happy to stay on - and then proceeded to ship him off ALONG with our one man winning machine for a meeger 65m when players like Torres are sold off for the ridiculous sums of 50m. How can you even think that this was in any way a good deal???

Had we held off we could have sold both SEPERATELY for huge sums if we were that desperate to get their wages off our bill. What Galliani did this summer was idiocy to the nth degree.

You forgot the part where he then praised himself for saying the club would save X money after signing him to that ridiculous deal.

But this is Galliani we're talking about. He has the negotiating ability of a child. PSG probably offered us £100m and he got it down to 50. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 3 2013, 11:54 AM) *
But I don't think you have all the necessary information. Sure, when you put it like this, it sounds stupid. Still, I refuse to accept Galliani and Berlusconi are that stupid. And since we know zilch about the negotiation process and the proceedings, I won't comment on the stupidity of the men who made the deal.

It really seems unfavorable though.

Actually this is the case.

Imo the only thing that was hidden is that Silvio and Galliani wanted Ibra gone more then anything else, while PSG mostly wanted Thiago. It became a double deal after the initial rejection to the Silva offer because Galliani wanted to include Ibra in it and they compromised in this manner.

It's no secret that Ibra's 9m AFTER taxes was a huge burden on us.

BUT having said that, they could have sold both players if neccessary in a far more favourable manner. At least if we are to lose our 2 best players and 2 of the best players in Europe, Thiago arguable the best defender around, then they should have got the best price for both and sold them seperately to different clubs.

I'm sure Ibra would have loved to try his hand at the EPL, be the only player to win all 3 of the best leagues around. While Leonardo would have been happy to pay that 50m for Thiago alone as long as he got him

You can't say that they're not THAT stupid when Chelsea paid what they did for Torres, Luiz, Hazard, etc. Real paid that ridiculous sum for an idiot like Pepe.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 3 2013, 01:28 PM) *
You forgot the part where he then praised himself for saying the club would save X money after signing him to that ridiculous deal.

But this is Galliani we're talking about. He has the negotiating ability of a child. PSG probably offered us £100m and he got it down to 50. rolleyes.gif

And that!

For once we completely agree on something biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 3 2013, 02:40 PM) *
And that!

For once we completely agree on something biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 3 2013, 01:40 PM) *

Do you have facts on paper? Or are these media snippets which you considered facts, and hence you arrived at it being the stupidest thing?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 3 2013, 02:04 PM) *
Do you have facts on paper? Or are these media snippets which you considered facts, and hence you arrived at it being the stupidest thing?

Yes,, I'm sure you believe that Galliani and Silvio has some super secret ulterior motive for the greater good of the club rolleyes.gif.

But sometimes things are just THAT simple. Just like this case. Sometimes, 2 old farts who have no place in modern day football do actually make deals because they're in a hurry to grab the money and remove a huge wage off their shoulders. And in this case it was just that simple and easy to tell what happpened

Ultimately all the information we get is from the media, but at the end of the day things do add up. And this is in fact that timeline of events that happened during the summer
kurtsimonw
Reports from France were for a 50m bid and I don't think I ever saw that questioned by either club. All we know is that Milan rejected it and then later sold them both for that kind of money.

FT Chievo 1-2 Juventus.

If Matri keeps up this form, they'll win the league. The only issue they have as a team in my opinion is not taking their chances. That's 4 in his last 4 now and today he was partnered with Giovinco who's been shocking. Vucinic-Matri when playing well, they'll win too many games to be caught.
X-Offender
Inter and Lazio already one goal down. Let's hope Siena and Genoa can keep it up.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 3 2013, 11:23 AM) *
Inter and Lazio already one goal down. Let's hope Siena and Genoa can keep it up.

Lazio now down by 2.

Inter however has equalized.
TriniKing_CE
Siena with another!! smile.gif

2-1 wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Feb 3 2013, 03:25 PM) *
Lazio now down by 2.

Inter however has equalized.

Are we seeing the usual 2nd half of the season slump for Lazio or are these just a few bumps on the way? I hope it is the former
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 3 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Are we seeing the usual 2nd half of the season slump for Lazio or are these just a few bumps on the way? I hope it is the former

As I said, this is a different Lazio. But it still could be (I think the Coppa match is taking due).
X-Offender
Inter are so sh!t defensively. This 3-man defense system clearly doesn't work for them.
Fillipo Simone
Mauri equalizes for Lazio.
X-Offender
Even my grandma can sprint faster than Ruben Olivera. rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Siena 3-1 Inter
Genoa 3-2 Lazio

Awesome! If we win tonight we'll be only 3 points from third place. It's a golden opportunity that we cannot let go to waste.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 3 2013, 12:57 PM) *
Siena 3-1 Inter
Genoa 3-2 Lazio

Awesome! If we win tonight we'll be only 3 points from third place. It's a golden opportunity that we cannot let go to waste.

+1 This is a MUST Win!!!

...I'd just like to point out how well we've been doing of recent (as seen below). Sure the displays are not spectacular just yet, but we're beginning to look like a team, and the results are finally coming in - Most Important!

Zed.D
Seems like another great weekend for us. hopefully Udinese (definitely one of our bogey teams) don't rain on our parade.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 3 2013, 01:05 PM) *
Seems like another great weekend for us. hopefully Udinese (definitely one of our bogey teams) don't rain on our parade.

I know right... nervoussmiley.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 3 2013, 08:05 PM) *

fixed wink.gif

Yeah, great results. Football gods are smiling upon us.
Fillipo Simone
Udinese is always tricky though.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 3 2013, 05:26 PM) *
Yes,, I'm sure you believe that Galliani and Silvio has some super secret ulterior motive for the greater good of the club rolleyes.gif.

But sometimes things are just THAT simple. Just like this case. Sometimes, 2 old farts who have no place in modern day football do actually make deals because they're in a hurry to grab the money and remove a huge wage off their shoulders. And in this case it was just that simple and easy to tell what happpened

Ultimately all the information we get is from the media, but at the end of the day things do add up. And this is in fact that timeline of events that happened during the summer

So you dont have facts, you have assumptions based on what the mainstream media tells you.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 3 2013, 05:45 PM) *
So you dont have facts, you have assumptions based on what the mainstream media tells you.

Like I said, believe what you want to innocent.gif
Rossoneri7
Just pulling your leg a little tongue.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.