Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 9 2013, 12:53 AM) *
Fiorentina will almost definitely win both so we need at least a tie out of Roma.

1 or 0 points against Roma is the same. Either way we'd have to beat Siena in the last week. I'm hoping that somehow we manage to win against the giallorossi. They're very inconsistent. I mean, they tie with Pescara at home, beat Fiorentina away, then lose to Chievo at home. WTF?!
nuh

laugh.gif
X-Offender
He actually said above Milan there's only the sky, then at the presentation with Inter a journalist reminded him of that, and he said that above the sky there's Inter.

Great season this turned out for you, eh Antonio? Karma's a b*tch.
KillerMax
I always have to tell people... BAD karma is a *****. Karma is just Karma.
dst
laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ May 9 2013, 05:26 AM) *
I always have to tell people... BAD karma is a *****. Karma is just Karma.

Well, smart people figure that out by themselves. wink.gif
han2503
If we can't beat Roma that will mean that we've only managed to beat Juve due to a non-existent penalty and Lazio due to a very dubious red card this season out of all the top teams. It's very embarrassing if you think about it.

Lost and drew with Inter
Drew home and away with Napoli
Lost 1 and won 1 against Lazio
Lost 1 and won 1 against Juve
Lost and drew with Fiorentina
And lost the first game against Roma
Rossoneri7
Cassano's career in a nutshell.
kurtsimonw
Juve win both of their remaining games and they have the all-time Serie A record for points. People expect us to challenge them with our current team?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 9 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Juve win both of their remaining games and they have the all-time Serie A record for points. People expect us to challenge them with our current team?

I actually believe a 3rd place finish is an achievement for Milan, considering how our season unfolded. We could have easily kept the slide going and fight out a place below inter.

We are definitely not a team worthy of 1st place, but 3rd place is an achievement given our poor start tbh.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 9 2013, 11:25 AM) *

Do you honestly think it's been that hard to achieve for them? The league is a right old mess this season. Us and Inter, Napoli are the biggest chokers around, Roma are laughable most of the time, etc

The thing is the current record is already held by them during their time under Capello. Now THAT was a tough Serie A. Us, Inter, Roma and Lazio all had very strong teams at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I think Juve have been great this season, and you can only beat what's in front of you, but the level of competition has to be take into consideration. Personally I think they achieved a better feat last season going unbeaten.
kurtsimonw
What a great solo goal from Ibarbo!
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2013, 10:20 PM) *
What a great solo goal from Ibarbo!

Indeed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfAVRNiUYU0

Screw Niang, we should go after him! He's been amazing this season.
Jack Bauer
And ruined their record hopes.
X-Offender
With Catania's win tonight over Pescara, Inter are currently 9th in the standings, and I have a feeling they'll remain there for the next two weeks. laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Would be perfect. Even worse then in 1999.
arivanjj
Fiorentina beat Palermo 1-0. Pressure is on

Merda draw 0 - 0 against Genoa smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (arivanjj @ May 12 2013, 06:28 PM) *
Merda draw 0 - 0 against Genoa

Hopefully that guy named Cassano is on Cloud9 at the moment. laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (arivanjj @ May 12 2013, 03:28 PM) *
Fiorentina beat Palermo 1-0. Pressure is on

I guess it'll be more enjoyable sending them ourselves to Europa League.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 12 2013, 01:55 PM) *
I guess it'll be more enjoyable sending them ourselves to Europa League.

Let's not count our chickens before they hatch...
dst
Has this been posted already?

Sorry if it has.

How bad is that kid Gabriel?
il_diavolo_mtl
Napoli Coach Walter Mazzarri has already signed a contract with Inter, according to the latest reports.

The Partenopei boss will hold a Press conference at midday today UK time in which he is expected to reveal his decision.

He has refused to comment on whether he’ll extend his Napoli contract – which expires next month – or go elsewhere until the season has concluded.

This morning Radio Radio claimed an extraordinary exclusive, suggesting Mazzarri signed a contract with Inter on Friday.
X-Offender
Leaving Napoli who'll play in the CL for this Inter is an idiotic move.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 18 2013, 09:36 AM) *
Leaving Napoli who'll play in the CL for this Inter is an idiotic move.

Agreed, then again if rumors are to be believed, then Bielsa, Mancini, Benitez and, to a lesser extent (with regards to European coaching experience) Montella would be a huge upgrade over walter
Fillipo Simone
I'd be happy. That would only mean Milan avoided him.
Zed.D
Inter laugh.gif truly back where they belong.
kurtsimonw
Catania's best ever finish?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 20 2013, 01:08 AM) *
Catania's best ever finish?

Highest League Position: 8th, in the 1960–61 1964–65 and 2012-2013 seasons.
han2503
What happened in the Inter game?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 20 2013, 12:21 AM) *
What happened in the Inter game?

They lost 5-2 at home and finished 9th.
kurtsimonw
They don't just lose, they do it in style.
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2013, 09:27 PM) *

smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2013, 10:27 PM) *

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

5-2? Man that's brutal!! Sort of felt sorry for them this season. Their situation was THAT bad, that I felt sorry for them...
Fillipo Simone
Awww, I also feel so sorry...wait, I don't. Han, don't be so fair. Enjoy it like any other Milanista would do. For once try get past your Juventus fixation.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 20 2013, 02:16 AM) *
Awww, I also feel so sorry...wait, I don't. Han, don't be so fair. Enjoy it like any other Milanista would do. For once try get past your Juventus fixation.

+1

If anything, Inter have made this season less bothersome for me.
KillerMax
I must give a special mention to Francesco Guidolin this season. Manager of the season IMO. What he did with his decimated squad this season was nothing short of amazing.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ May 20 2013, 04:14 AM) *
I must give a special mention to Francesco Guidolin this season. Manager of the season IMO. What he did with his decimated squad this season was nothing short of amazing.

That's true. Udinese in the last 3 years have made 4th, 3rd and 5th places, always with their team getting weaker and weaker. Downside is that they always choke in Europe, but so do all Italian teams nowadays.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 20 2013, 04:17 AM) *
That's true. Udinese in the last 3 years have made 4th, 3rd and 5th places, always with their team getting weaker and weaker. Downside is that they always choke in Europe, but so do all Italian teams nowadays.

Well, Lazio didn't. That's why I want them to win over Roma and get another try in the EL next season.
han2503
Guidoline would be someone I'd love to have coaching us. He's another coach who gets the best out of what he's offered. Plus his Udinese has played some great football these last few years.
Rossoneri7
IIRC that is exactly how you lauded Allegri when he was at Cagliari. So if he came to Milan fielded Muntari, would he be an idiot as well? Hypothetical question of course smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 20 2013, 11:17 AM) *
IIRC that is exactly how you lauded Allegri when he was at Cagliari. So if he came to Milan fielded Muntari, would he be an idiot as well? Hypothetical question of course smile.gif

When did I EVER say that Cagliari played great football?? Or that Allegri's teams played great football??

Guidolin has been doing great things with a consistently disintegrating squad, Allegri losing a couple of players and suddenly he's a martyr who should be exempt from all criticism because he lost Ibra, Silva and Nesta. Like he hadn't already screwed up with them in the team anyway rolleyes.gif

Personally from what I remember I was happy to get Allegri at the time. We'd just come off a pretty bad season under Leo and from Allegri's previous seasons I thought we were getting a shrewd tactician type coach. But that has obviously not been the case.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 20 2013, 01:17 PM) *

We all thought Allegri was a decent coach from what he had done with Cagliari, but we had no idea that he'd turn out into such a clueless idiot.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 20 2013, 12:39 PM) *
When did I EVER say that Cagliari played great football?? Or that Allegri's teams played great football??

Wait, you're saying they didn't play good football under him? blink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 20 2013, 02:39 PM) *

Guidolin has been doing great things with a consistently disintegrating squad, Allegri losing a couple of players and suddenly he's a martyr who should be exempt from all criticism because he lost Ibra, Silva and Nesta. Like he hadn't already screwed up with them in the team anyway rolleyes.gif

Personally from what I remember I was happy to get Allegri at the time. We'd just come off a pretty bad season under Leo and from Allegri's previous seasons I thought we were getting a shrewd tactician type coach. But that has obviously not been the case.

It takes shrewdness to harness an unrested dressing room. It takes a lot of work to direct the team to 3rd place from 8 consecutive losses from the very beginning. You seem to overlook this, well I don't blame you there we have Montolivo. In any case, Allegri had a decimated squad and brought us CL qualification, which is exclusive to only two Serie A teams (previously better chances at making it), but Allegri overcame the odds.

He deserves lighter criticism from you han, he did a job Mourinho would walk away from.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 20 2013, 07:22 PM) *
Wait, you're saying they didn't play good football under him? blink.gif

Are you saying they did?

They played decent stuff, but Cagliari under Allegri was about getting through and scraping results, holding their own against the top sides, etc. They weren't known for playing breath-taking football.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 20 2013, 08:24 PM) *
It takes shrewdness to harness an unrested dressing room. It takes a lot of work to direct the team to 3rd place from 8 consecutive losses from the very beginning. You seem to overlook this, well I don't blame you there we have Montolivo. In any case, Allegri had a decimated squad and brought us CL qualification, which is exclusive to only two Serie A teams (previously better chances at making it), but Allegri overcame the odds.

He deserves lighter criticism from you han, he did a job Mourinho would walk away from.

No it takes Silvio Berlusconi flying in with his helicopter to knock some sense into the players. That is what it took for them to finally snap out of the stupor they were in. After the Fiorentina game, things had literally spiralled out of control and there was even a lot of talk about how the players had turned on Allegri. That's how far things had gone when Silvio stepped in. And the only reason he wasn't fired then and there was because Galliani has been constantly vouching for him no matter the offense and Silvio tends to trust Galliani.

It was not a decimated squad. We lost 3 players and half a Seedorf. The others were not really important as they weren't being played much. Yes the players he lost were important ones, but the squad he was given in the league his team plays in was still adequate enough to reach third.

The mess at the start of the season was as much his own fault as it was the fault of losing those players. Him messing around with the formation every week. Never settling on a best XI, especially in the defensive area where we had not played with the same back 4 in I don't know how many games at one point during that time. Are you expecting a team to get results when such messing around and tinkering is going on?

As for Mourinho, no he wouldn't have stayed because he has the clout and the CV to back up his requests. Allegri is a mediocre coach who steered us to one title blindly while holding on to the reigns he strapped onto Ibra's back
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 20 2013, 05:33 PM) *
It was not a decimated squad. We lost 3 players and half a Seedorf. The others were not really important as they weren't being played much. Yes the players he lost were important ones, but the squad he was given in the league his team plays in was still adequate enough to reach third.

As usual you drastically underestimate the losses over the summer. We lost arguably our four best performers in Ibra, Thiago, Nesta, and Van Bommel. On top of that we lost Cassano, Aquilani, and Seedorf who all had a large impact despite limited appearances. Everyone of those players would walk into our starting XI today. Your judgement has been clouded by your hatred.
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 21 2013, 12:09 AM) *
Your judgement has been clouded by your hatred.

I don't think so. Han is simply stating that even with our losses, reaching 3rd place would have still been possible, and shouldn't be considered a miracle or anything of the sorts. If anything, Allegri is at fault for our disastrous first 3 months when he should have given his team an identity before season start.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 20 2013, 10:33 PM) *

As MB says, we lost over half of our first team and replaced them with downgrades.

You want it both ways though. One day you say the squad of last year was amazing and we should've won the title, then losing half that team you says should've have affected us much. Our team wasn't the best last season and this season, especially pre-Balo it was nowhere near good enough for top 3. A fight for 3rd was what I expected and that's what we got.
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 20 2013, 09:31 PM) *
I don't think so. Han is simply stating that even with our losses, reaching 3rd place would have still been possible, and shouldn't be considered a miracle or anything of the sorts. If anything, Allegri is at fault for our disastrous first 3 months when he should have given his team an identity before season start.

huh.gif Are you joking?
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ May 21 2013, 03:03 AM) *
huh.gif Are you joking?

What's there to joke about? He was a handled a bunch of players, and he should have figured out how to play them efficiently before the season began. Instead, he went through countless combinations and experimentations before finally finding a formula that somehow barely managed to produce results.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.